PDA

View Full Version : CoD of Duty

Chromascope3D
2013-02-04, 09:50 PM
They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel here. (http://rjevans.net/post/41629208761/cod-of-duty-the-premier-first-person-shooting-fish-in) But the story itself was thought-provoking, it really opened my eyes. Definite GOTY material.

Weezer
2013-02-05, 12:27 AM
Though I am quite sad the water level was cut. Maybe they'll add it as a DLC...

Androgeus
2013-02-06, 10:17 AM
Though I am quite sad the water level was cut. Maybe they'll add it as a DLC...

It probably would have watered down their message if they included it.

The Glyphstone
2013-02-06, 10:20 AM
He'll already be flooded with downloads as-is.

Chromascope3D
2013-02-06, 02:38 PM
Eh, I'm not too fond of DLC. It makes me feel like the developers are holding me over a barrel.

MCerberus
2013-02-06, 02:45 PM
It didn't appear good at first, but stick to it. The end isn't crappy.

Triscuitable
2013-02-06, 07:57 PM
Am I the only one here who actually thought Black Ops II was a really good game that bothered to innovate?

Maxios
2013-02-06, 08:04 PM
Dude, you just ruined the chain of puns! You sunk our hopes and dreams! ...I am bad at this.

Fargazer
2013-02-06, 08:06 PM
Seriously, you might as well scuttle the thread right now.

Triscuitable
2013-02-06, 08:10 PM
Fine, I'll just be leaving then. I've got bigger fish to fry.

Misery Esquire
2013-02-06, 08:18 PM
Am I the only one here who actually thought Black Ops II was a really good game that bothered to innovate?

There's three schools of thought on that.

There's been almost nothing new out of CoD since CoD 2.
There's been almost nothing new out of CoD since Modern Warfare.
Red herring.

The Glyphstone
2013-02-06, 08:18 PM

Red herring.

I find your transparent attempt to keep the pun chain going to be very fishy.

Triscuitable
2013-02-06, 09:49 PM

Red herring.

Well I suppose this is the next entry that everyone thinks, "wow, this set the high bar."

Well, it would, if people didn't already have low standards of the series. Sadly, this is the case. (http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4995661960381313&pid=1.7)

MCerberus
2013-02-06, 10:12 PM
I find your transparent attempt to keep the pun chain going to be very fishy.

A trout time somebody caught on.

Neon Knight
2013-02-06, 10:26 PM

BOII is a pretty darn good game, and is the best CoD since CoD 4. Arguably it is the first sequel to really honestly attempt and achieve some degree of innovation, while having a fairly solid coat of polish and decent patch support afterwards. That being said, the multiplayer community, especially on Xbox live, tends towards the toxic, and the single-player story still has some rough and unfortunate bits. It doesn't change the formula enough to give anyone who hates FPSs or someone who prefers Battlefield-esques a reason to switch over (although, really, it can't do that without becoming not CoD).

Treyarch certainly didn't shrimp on their efforts when making it.

Yana
2013-02-06, 11:28 PM
Good or bad, CoD has attracted far too many people who think micspamming obscenities and racial slurs at any/everyone is a great idea. It turns the rest of the gaming community who are just looking for a decent fragfest away in the vain hope for another comperable game without the noxious playerbase.

Ahi to say it, but this particular aspect of gaming doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon.

Triaxx
2013-02-07, 09:10 AM
Anyone else play with the game muted and a private Team Speak server?

A whale more fun.

CarpeGuitarrem
2013-02-07, 10:23 AM
Anyone else play with the game muted and a private Team Speak server?

A whale more fun.
Now you're just fishing for attention.

Hiro Protagonest
2013-02-07, 02:13 PM
Good or bad, CoD has attracted far too many people who think micspamming obscenities and racial slurs at any/everyone is a great idea.

I think that guy was in one of my classes.

(Seriously, last semester, I was in a shop class with another guy (I think he was a student instructor, but he looked like he couldn't have been more than a grade above me) who swore way too much, had an airsoft gun, and played Call of Duty. It was kind of amusing)

Traab
2013-02-07, 08:42 PM
Yeah I genuinely like the various cod games, but multiplayer always gets annoying. There is no way to "win" with some of these people. If you use a grenade launcher you are a noob tuber. If you use a sniper rifle you are a cheap ass sniper, if you sprint around knifing people you are cheap and "ghey" And lord help you if you try to argue the point. Especially if you have been doing well. Everyone will jump in on you and there will be 90 lines of chat a minute, 75% of which are cursing and homophobic remarks. Oh, and there will always be the clever "cry more noob" that just gets copy pasted.

Of course, im an experienced noob tuber, so im used to the hate. I have been using bazookas and grenade launchers since medal of honor allied assault. Back then people used to hate bazookas so much they created games with the things disabled, or booby trapped. Noone cares about the fact that it takes skill to hit a moving target, that you have a freaking 10 second reload time, or a tiny handful of shots total before you run out of ammo. They just know they got blown up and somehow thats different from being riddled with bullets in less than half a second.

Misery Esquire
2013-02-07, 10:14 PM
They just know they got blown up and somehow thats different from being riddled with bullets in less than half a second.

This gives me the idea for the most rage-filled game of the Call of Duty series.

CALL OF DUTY_____ OF WAR
By Micheal Bay

(Also known as NewbOps, or KALL OF XPLOSIONZ)

RPGuru1331
2013-02-07, 11:27 PM
Good or bad, CoD has attracted far too many people who think micspamming obscenities and racial slurs at any/everyone is a great idea. It turns the rest of the gaming community who are just looking for a decent fragfest away in the vain hope for another comperable game without the noxious playerbase.

Ahi to say it, but this particular aspect of gaming doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon.

Those weren't really the CoDs' fault, as easy as it is to blame them. I know it's easy to try and throw a particular game into a shark tank and try to blame it, but seriously, gaming had those problems well before the CoDs, they just became a little bit more obvious.

Chromascope3D
2013-02-08, 10:22 PM
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 4: Future Warfare.

Let's make it happen, people!

Tebryn
2013-02-08, 10:36 PM
The game itself is pretty quick. I did a play of it for my channel and it took me about 8 minutes all in all. Pretty funny all the same.