PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Way's to Craft stuff without limbs

ShadowFireLance
2013-02-05, 12:30 AM
1.) Would mage hand work for this?
2.) Any other ideas?

I have a Tail, That is pretty well able to minipulate stuff, but, Im not certain i can craft with it.

Baroncognito
2013-02-05, 12:53 AM
It depends upon what you're making. If it's lighter than 5 pounds, then sure, I'd go for it. I don't believe you'd be able to make weapons and armour that way though.

If you have the spell fabricate, then you should be able to craft by delivering a touch attack.

If you can't cast fabricate, then you could always just hook a hammer up to one of your legs, and no matter how badly it turns out, you can just cast "masterwork transformation" and have a masterwork item at the end of it.

ShadowFireLance
2013-02-05, 12:57 AM
It depends upon what you're making. If it's lighter than 5 pounds, then sure, I'd go for it. I don't believe you'd be able to make weapons and armour that way though.

If you have the spell fabricate, then you should be able to craft by delivering a touch attack.

If you can't cast fabricate, then you could always just hook a hammer up to one of your legs, and no matter how badly it turns out, you can just cast "masterwork transformation" and have a masterwork item at the end of it.

...Those are awesome!

Though, I appear to have missed putting something...I has no limbs...Man, I messed that up.

Slipperychicken
2013-02-05, 01:06 AM
By RAW, Craft doesn't need limbs. Build stuff with your mouth or something.

Prosthetics (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/variant-rules/variant-rules-3rd-party/4-winds-fantasy-gaming/The-Loss-of-a-Body-Part/Prosthetics) could help.

Regenerate (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/r/regenerate) is only 910gp, and heals you up good as new. Since you're most likely talking to a Good-aligned Cleric, you might be able to wrangle a discount if not get it done out of charity and PR.

ShadowFireLance
2013-02-05, 01:07 AM
By RAW, Craft doesn't need limbs. Build stuff with your mouth or something.

Prosthetics (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/variant-rules/variant-rules-3rd-party/4-winds-fantasy-gaming/The-Loss-of-a-Body-Part/Prosthetics) could help.

Regenerate (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/r/regenerate) is only 910gp, and heals you up good as new.

Mouth then..Okay, I think that might work....:smallwink:

Though, Regenerate does not work, I never had the limbs in the first place..

Slipperychicken
2013-02-05, 01:12 AM
Mouth then..Okay, I think that might work....:smallwink:

Though, Regenerate does not work, I never had the limbs in the first place..

If there are grafts in PF, maybe you can score some of those.

Polymorph into something with limbs. PAO for permanent duration. Costs 1200gp to get someone to cast PAO for you.

If all else fails, this should be within the realm of Wish/Limited Wish.

ShadowFireLance
2013-02-05, 01:17 AM
If there are grafts in PF, maybe you can score some of those.
Yeah, Those cost to much, Im trying to not spend much.

Polymorph into something with limbs. PAO for permanent duration. Costs 1200gp to get someone to cast PAO for you.
No Permant, I like my current form.

If all else fails, this should be within the realm of Wish/Limited Wish.
That it should..But, I doubt my Dm would like that, To just gain limbs, But the crafting part should work.

Hmm, That all works, But...Adressed in Bold.

Greenish
2013-02-05, 01:25 AM
What are you, and what do you want to craft?

ShadowFireLance
2013-02-05, 01:30 AM
What are you, and what do you want to craft?

a Intellegent, Demonic Snake, And I am Wish to craft everything that is possible to craft.
I cannot use leadership, nor can I spend more then ~1K Gold.
:smallfrown:

Grollub
2013-02-05, 02:41 AM
my google-fu is poor.. but I KNOW i have seen a vest for snake/ snake type creatures that gives you arms to use while wearing it.

Greenish
2013-02-05, 02:43 AM
my google-fu is poor.. but I KNOW i have seen a vest for snake/ snake type creatures that gives you arms to use while wearing it.Savage Species, but that's not PF, and is damn sight more expensive than 1000 gp.

If your tail is prehensile, you should be able just to use it. If it isn't, well, how do you do anything?

Baroncognito
2013-02-05, 02:55 AM
I have a Tail, That is pretty well able to minipulate stuff, but, Im not certain i can craft with it.

Your tail will be fine as long as you're not trying to do fine detail or sewing.

ShadowFireLance
2013-02-05, 03:18 AM
Your tail will be fine as long as you're not trying to do fine detail or sewing.

Okay then, I figured out a way, I craft a Homunculus and he crafts all my stuff for me, Problem solved, Thanks everyone!