PDA

View Full Version : Creatures with 1 HD [3.5 and Pathfinder]

Morph Bark
2013-02-05, 06:25 AM
I'm looking for creatures with 1 HD that don't advance by character class, such as animals, magical beasts, elementals, dragons, undead, constructs, plants and so on. I know there aren't that many, but how many are there really?

If there aren't that many with 1 HD, what about 2 HD? (2 HD is the absolute maximum I'm looking for here though. For 2 HD creatures, I'm mainly looking for creatures that aren't animals or vermin from Core. Other Core creatures or non-Core animals and vermin with 2 HD are perfect.)

JaronK
2013-02-05, 06:47 AM
Obvious choices would be any Skeleton version of a normal 1HD race... Skeletal Human, Skeletal Kobold, etc.

JaronK

Greenish
2013-02-05, 06:51 AM
Beguiler is a magical beast with 1 hd.

GenericMook
2013-02-05, 07:06 AM
There's always this (http://chet.kindredcircle.org/pdf/DnD3.5Index-Monsters-byHD.pdf) if you're willing to look through that and cross-reference it with your books.

Morph Bark
2013-02-05, 07:15 AM
There's always this (http://chet.kindredcircle.org/pdf/DnD3.5Index-Monsters-byHD.pdf) if you're willing to look through that and cross-reference it with your books.

Oh my. That's perfect! Is there something like that for Pathfinder too? I'm looking for both 3.5 and Pathfinder creatures, you see. (Edited the title to reflect that now.)

tiercel
2013-02-05, 07:19 AM
Hm, well, just Core/SRD:

There's animated objects, but they have NO advancement. Ditto with Animal: Bat, Animal: Cat, Animal: Dog, Animal: Riding Dog, Animal: Donkey, Animal: Hawk, Animal: Lizard, Monstrous Centipede (Tiny through Medium), Monstrous Scorpion (Tiny through Small), Monstrous Spider (Tiny through Small), Animal: Pony, Animal: Rat, Animal: Raven, Skeleton, Animal: Snake, Viper (Tiny through Medium), Stirge, Swarm: Spider, Animal: Toad, Animal: Weasel, Zombie

1HD
Lantern Archon
Animal: Baboon
Animal: Badger
Darkmantle
Dire Rat
Animal: Eagle
Formian Worker
Giant Fire Beetle
Monkey
Animal: Owl
Sprite: Grig (1/2 HD)
Sprite: Nixie
Vargouille

2HD
Small Elemental
Demon: Dretch
Devil: Lemure
Fungus: Shrieker
Fungus: Violet Fungus
Ghoul
Giant Ant, Worker
Giant Ant, Soldier
Giant Bombadier Beetle
Homunculus
Animal: Hyena
Krenshar
Monstrous Scorpion (Medium)
Monstrous Spider (Medium)
Octopus
Animal: Porpoise
Pseudodragon
Shocker Lizard
Skum
Animal: Wolf

[Edit to add] These are all 3.5. (Didn't see previous posts/PF addition, since this post took a little bit to put together using the SRD Monster Filter.)