PDA

View Full Version : Swordsage Help

Savith9
2013-02-05, 09:03 AM
My party has recently decided to do a change of scenery as far as game play goes and we are changing from 20th level characters to first level. I was looking at the swordsage and gave it a few moments thought and they seem like a class I would like to play. Now I run into a bit of a problem I’ve already seen like 30 different optimized builds and didn’t really like the way they looked. I do not want to go TWF I’m thinking more along the lines of a weapon nobody really uses just because it’s different maybe the short spear from diamond mind style or possibly the falchion from desert wind. I'm not too concerned about damage as I have already found dozens of combinations for maneuvers to easily give me the top dps. So any ideas for a weapon build that does not revolve around TWF and has minimal amount of dips?

Greenish
2013-02-05, 09:08 AM
So any ideas for a weapon build that does not revolve around TWF and has minimal amount of dips?Straight swordsage 1-20.

Person_Man
2013-02-05, 09:25 AM
Swordsage 20

Use Wisdom as your primary attribute.

Take the Intuitive Strike Feat from Book of Exalted Deeds, which allows you to use Wis in place of Str for your To-Hit roll with unarmed strike, natural weapons, and simple weapons.

Load up on Wis based maneuvers, which tend to be Standard Action Save or Lose effects.

And since you're not pouring all of your Feats into TWF and melee combos, you can basically spend them on whatever you feel like.