PDA

View Full Version : Master Summoner Eidolon Issues. Please Help.

5w337x7007h
2013-02-05, 11:25 AM
I'm making a Master Summoner (Archetype) which halves the power my Eidolon has. I want to turn my Eidolon into a non-combat sidekick early on, growing into a wand using buff/debuff sidekick in later levels. My problem is that when it mentions the str/dex bonus, it vaguely says, "Str/Dex Bonus: Add this modifier to the eidolon's Strength and Dexterity scores, as determined by its base form. Some options available through the eidolon's evolution pool might modify these scores."
How do I interpret the underlined? Do I get both str and dex bonus no matter the form, or does my eidolon only gain one of the two in Serpentine/Biped base, and both in Quadruped base?

Arbane
2013-02-05, 12:23 PM
"Str/Dex Bonus: Add this modifier to the eidolon's Strength and Dexterity scores, as determined by its base form. Some options available through the eidolon's evolution pool might modify these scores."
How do I interpret the underlined? Do I get both str and dex bonus no matter the form, or does my eidolon only gain one of the two in Serpentine/Biped base, and both in Quadruped base?

I think that means the base STR/DEX scores are determined by the base form, not which stats the bonus is added to. Pretty sure the bonus always gets added to both.

CreganTur
2013-02-05, 01:48 PM
It just means you add the bonus to both STR and DEX, but you get the base starting numbers from the base form you choose for your Eidolon.

5w337x7007h
2013-02-05, 02:15 PM
I thank you for clearing up this little issue. Now all I need is a recommended build for my eidolon. It needs to fill a scouting role but also the ability to use wands for support. I'm conflicted between serpentine and biped, also the eidolon will be small sized.