PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a Turning Dip

Vaz
2013-02-05, 02:13 PM
Just wondering if I could have some help with locating any classes that have any good variant usages of Turn Undead with a Dip.

I'm not too sure if that's clear enough or not, but I have dipped a Cloistered Cleric, and I have 9 Turns available a day. I'm Charisma Focused; but no spellcasting; I'm using Marshal to give me a boost where I need it the most. So, sadly no DMM.

I have Divine Shield to burn Turn Undead Attempts to give me a bonus to Shield according to my Charisma.

The campaign is currently hopping between the nominal Undead region and also conventional non-undead areas for extended periods of time. I am looking for class which allows me to use Turn Undead for another purpose than turning Undead, as I don't think we're progressing much further in the Undead area. I have been told that the Campaign is running to 12th, and I'm currently 11th. Of course, I still get another Feat, so anything that's also along those lines I am happy to here about!

aeauseth
2013-02-05, 06:14 PM
You might find something of use here (http://aaronwiki.us/index.php?title=Divine_Metamagic).

It talks about divine metamagic, but there is a small reference to dipping with Sacred Exorcist. I seem to recall a handbook on how to maximize turns that you might find useful (I leave it to you to google it).

You might want to state your goal more clearly. Are you interested in more turns per day? A higher effective turning level? Both of these are available with feats and magic items. Not sure what the dip is going to do for you.

mattie_p
2013-02-05, 07:01 PM
Death delver from heroes of horror grants rebuke. Sacred exorcist is better if you take an acf when you become a cleric, such as destroy undead from expedition to castle ravenloft or channel incarnum from magic of incarnum. You get three turn pools for dmm.

Vaz
2013-02-05, 07:12 PM
No DMM I'm afraid fella's. Only have Cleric for 1 level dip and domain abilities, otherwise no spellcasting outside of Wand healbotting.

I'm specifically looking for something that has alternate utility than just Spellcasting for it. Divine Shield I picked up so my Shield AC now has a Cha Mod bonus of around +8 and Cha to Dex from Marshal while wearing Celestial Armour. Divine Might isn't too useful; we already have a damage dealer War Mage for Mooks and a Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian; I typically look pretty shielding anything with my Buckler while tripping anything with my Gauntlet+Guisarme combo. Power Attacking helps without the need for Divine Might.

phlidwsn
2013-02-05, 07:25 PM
If you're willing to look at feats instead of class levels, there are the various <x> Devotion feats from Complete Champion that let you burn TU for extra uses of those feats. Travel Devotion is almost always a tasty choice: swift action movement 1/day +1 per 2 TUs burned

herrhauptmann
2013-02-05, 10:37 PM
If you're willing to look at feats instead of class levels, there are the various <x> Devotion feats from Complete Champion that let you burn TU for extra uses of those feats. Travel Devotion is almost always a tasty choice: swift action movement 1/day +1 per 2 TUs burned

+1 for devotion feats.
There's factotum. After a few levels it grants Turn Undead via Inspiration. Your DM would probably let you use those TU attempts to power various other feats.

The Viscount
2013-02-07, 01:17 AM
I think Divine Defiance is pretty useful.