PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a race

Deaxsa
2013-02-05, 06:18 PM
Hi; i'm making a new character and just wanted to know if anyone knew of a race with a good portion of the following characteristics:

Humanoid(not monstrous, unless they are still extremely humanoid, such as satyrs. i need it to have a human head, torso, and arms)
+ to Str, Dex, and Wis
No RHD(idc about LA)
some sort of extraplanar/devilish/evil and dancer fluff(no dwarves of any variety, for instance).

the closer, the better(in particular with regards to the RHD, i hate RHD). this character is supposed to very dextrous dancing whirl of blades.

EDIT: if you could post sources that would be great, so i don't have to go hunting. ty for your suggestions in advance, too.

ArcturusV
2013-02-05, 06:29 PM
Well, I like Spirit Folk, and it fits all your criteria other than the +stats. They, like humans have no racial adjustments. Do get a handful of powers ranging from "neat" to "niche" though.

Edit: Source was OA. Might be updated to 3.5. No idea where it is though. Nothing I can see in the OA version though would be non-functional in 3.5.

Seer_of_Heart
2013-02-05, 06:36 PM
Would +2/3 and a penalty to the last be okay? Because while slightly broken (an obscene wisdom bonus :smallbiggrin:) the anthropomorphic bat could be refluffed to be a bat changed to be more human through dark powers. Though I'm not completely sure if it fits the first criteria :smallconfused: I think it does but I could be wrong.

ksbsnowowl
2013-02-05, 06:36 PM
Fiendish Wood Elf would get close.

Wood Elf itself is +2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Con, -2 Int.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-02-05, 06:38 PM
Hi; i'm making a new character and just wanted to know if anyone knew of a race with a good portion of the following characteristics:

Humanoid(not monstrous, unless they are still extremely humanoid, such as satyrs. i need it to have a human head, torso, and arms)
+ to Str, Dex, and Wis
No RHD(idc about LA)
some sort of extraplanar/devilish/evil and dancer fluff(no dwarves of any variety, for instance).

the closer, the better(in particular with regards to the RHD, i hate RHD).

Have you tried Hellbred, from the FC2 (Fiendish Codex 2)?

Fluffwise, they're souls who escaped damnation in the Hells and have come back to try and redeem themselves. They're 'monstrously' disfigured, looking like tieflings, but their favored class is Paladin. Interesting race, none-the-less.

Deaxsa
2013-02-05, 07:11 PM
thanks for the suggestions, i think i'll use a Wood elf, Spirit folk, Teifling, Kalashtar, or maybe something else, if more suggestions pop up.

anthropomorphic bat was cool, but this guy needs strength. he's going to be smacking things.

Hellbred are almost what i want, but i'm just getting the wrong feeling from them, i want something that's rather subtle to begin with, and these guys seen kind of in-your-face crashing all about with their heavy weapons and such.

anyways, right now i have a decision to make. thanks for all the help!

Andion Isurand
2013-02-07, 03:04 AM
Obah-Blessed template from Dungeon Magazine 136 is a fun one to look at.

+2 Str, +4 Dex, +2 Con, +4 Cha
one extra pair of arms
multi-weapon fighting bonus feat
+2 LA

-- or --

+4 Str, +6 Dex, +4 Con, +6 Cha
two extra pairs of arms
multi-weapon fighting bonus feat
+3 LA