PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Roguish Tank/Tankish Rogue?

Ellrin
2013-02-05, 10:44 PM
I'm wondering if it's possible in PF to make a relatively effective skill fiend (very preferably with trapfinding) who's also a relatively effective tank. I'd prefer to avoid casting to perform these roles, though if necessary, subtlety is king. Boosting the abilities with casting is definitely a plus, but I'd like to be able to continue to rely on those abilities even if every spell for the day has been exhausted.

Baroncognito
2013-02-05, 10:47 PM
Well, you could make a Ranger with the Trapper Archetype.

grarrrg
2013-02-06, 12:38 AM
Crypt Breaker (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/archetypes/paizo---alchemist-archetypes/crypt-breaker) Alchemist maybe?

Bearlock
2013-02-06, 12:47 AM
Well, you could make a Ranger with the Trapper Archetype.

Agreed. d10 HD and med armor makes for a "relatively effective" tank I might think. Pair with the sword and board combat style for extra tankiness.

Joshinthemosh
2013-02-06, 02:48 AM
Okay here goes nothing. If someone can improve upon this please do

The entire build is going to key off Dex as much as humanly possible. This way we can keep our AC up and still hit things. Weapon Finesse, Agile Weapons, Combat Expertise all of these things are getting used.

Race Goblin (+4 Dex, -2 Str, -2 Cha) +1 AC for size.

That's a plus three AC there.

Chain Shirt: +4 AC with a huge max Dex.

Assume a 19 in Dex to start (Elite Array. If you can do better do it.)-Another +4 to AC. this can become +5 at level 4.

At first level 10+1+4+4=20 AC. That should be okay. You can add a level of anything that gets you medium armor whenever you want.

Weapon-Spiked Chain(finesseable) Make it Agile as soon as you can.

Stats(Elite Array). Totally debatable. The Dex is the important part.
Str-8
Dex-19
Con-14
Int-13
Wis-10
Cha-8

Thoughts all?

EDIT: If you're really dedicated you could dip 1 level of Titan Mauler Barbarian for a +1 to attack and AC vs. all creatures bigger than you. And that's most everyone.

Squirrel_Dude
2013-02-07, 12:06 AM
I'm wondering if it's possible in PF to make a relatively effective skill fiend (very preferably with trapfinding) who's also a relatively effective tank. I'd prefer to avoid casting to perform these roles, though if necessary, subtlety is king. Boosting the abilities with casting is definitely a plus, but I'd like to be able to continue to rely on those abilities even if every spell for the day has been exhausted.

Half-Orc Skulking Slayer Archetype.
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advancedRaceGuide/coreRaces/halfOrcs.html

General idea is that you wait in a corner of a room, and then charge into melee, using your cleave and surprise follow through feats to get your d8-using sneak attack against multiple opponents with your Greatclub.