PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 2: Choices, choices, choices.

BelGareth
2013-02-05, 11:00 PM
Chapter 2: Choices, choices, choices.

Standing before you is Grand Marshall Edwin, he turns as he regards the movement of several infantry figurines on the larger scale model map. As he does he notices your presence.

"Excellent, gentlemen. As you should have figured out by now, we are somewhat occupied by current events. What we thought would be a routine scout and scoop, turned out was the preliminary assault force. Turns out you engaged what was an opposing scouting force to the ones on us right now. Right now intel is hazy at best, but it seems we are being assaulted by the Velvet Shields and they are being opposed by the Steel Legion another Mercenary faction. Seems they are hell bent on something in this locale." he shrugs "Not sure what, right now, seems they are intent on our destruction. We have lost Battalions 2, 6, 14 and 23 to their forces before we could even raise a flag. They are well trained and efficient. We have every abled body alert and on guard as we speak, All other battalions are on standby and digging in for the long haul, and Battalions, 1,3,4, and 5 have taken the city and are reinforcing it." He turns to you, his face a look of disgust and dismay.

"We need your skills more than ever right now, unfortunately, we have more missions than we have teams." he gestures to the map, pointing as he goes "Here is an artillery battalion that has emplaced itself in the foothills, it's set to reach out and touch Regiments 2 and 4. They need their machines dismantled with haste."

"Over here, we have new Intel of an enemy HQ, we need a hit a run, cause as much chaos as possible and kill as many officers as you can get your hands on. Intel on the skill level is nonexistent, they could babies sucking on their momas tete or they could be ringed by Balors."

"Here we have reports of airships assaulting and pushing over the Lake Ydar. Our own air forces are to few and to weak to take and hold the front."

"And lastly we lost Yniom Keep this morning, retake it."

He puts his hands behind his back and looks to you all. "What do you think?"

He blinks suddenly "Ah, I almost forgot, I understand you are in need of some replacements," he gestures to the side of him "here is Major Scale and Warrant Officer 1st class Aydin, they will be transferred to your team effective immediately."

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-02-06, 02:39 AM
Rand's expression is wooden as he listens to the Grand Marshall. He'd never left anyone behind before. Lost troops in battle, certainly, no officer escaped that, but left one behind to be sacrificed or tortured or who-knows-what...it didn't sit well with him, not at all, no matter how steady his voice had been when giving the report of Nexus's loss.

<Welcome to the team, Major, Warrant Officer,> he sends through the link. <We're glad to have you, even if it won't replace the team members who have gone off on their own, or the one we lost. If you'd--wait. They aren't in the link. Sorry, I'm still a bit off-kilter after that shock with Nexus, forgot to switch over to talking out loud again. All right, everyone, if you have any smart remarks to make, make them now: link going down in three...two...mark.>

With a quick mental flick he dismisses the telepathic link and smiles professionally at their two new team members. "Welcome to the team, Major, Warrant Officer. We're glad to have you." He walks over to each one and shakes their hands, quickly sizing them up for prank possibilities--now was neither the time nor the place for it, but later--if there was a later--the team could definitely use some cheering up.

"I don't think retaking the keep is in the cards, Grand Marshall," he replies to the original question. "After what we just went through, I don't think we're up for another assault like that. And our air strength isn't what it could be, with Reya assigned to another team. Chaos and disruption are more up our alley, so either of the two remaining missions sound good to me. What say you, team?"

Autopsibiofeeder
2013-02-06, 03:02 AM
Aydin

The towering man standing besides the Grand Marshall had been peering at the team with intent, but at the same time a level expression on his face. Unarmored and unarmed, aside from his obvious strength it is not obvious what qualities had allowed him to advance through the army ranks. When the Grand Marshall mentions his name, he steps forward, nods, salutes and steps back again.

Aydin extends his giant hand as Rand approaches him and shakes his hand firmly. "Thank you lieutenant colonel, looking forward to serve under you." His voice is deep, close to a rumble, and appears void of emotion. If this man has a sense of humour, it would be a weird one.

When Rand assesses the options for the team, Aydin listens and answers with a nod. Apparently he has not much to add.

Amnestic
2013-02-06, 12:25 PM
Scale forgoes a salute and merely shakes the hand offered to him, his large scaled hand covering the smaller fleshy one. "Pleasure to meet you." He casts a casual glance at the other ones in his new unit over the Lt. Colonel's head. They all looked fairly accomplished, from what a glance could offer. And tired. Even if he never slept, he could tell that much.

Upon hearing that their air strength was down he held a moment, debating whether to speak up. Scale had been in enough new units to know that sometimes they'd rather he be seen and not heard, and speaking up now might make it look like he was attempting to replace this...Reya? Whoever that was. Still, they'd probably want to know now rather than later. If he actually breathed, he might've sighed.

"I don't mean to intrude Sir, but I believe I can be of some help from the air." Scale flexed his spectral wings a little for emphasis. "I shall follow your lead."

Autopsibiofeeder
2013-02-06, 02:13 PM
Aydin nods. "Can fly. Can even fight while flying, though not as well."

Lostbutseeking
2013-02-07, 06:58 PM
Looking somewhat bedraggled Amelia had followed in the Colonels footsteps into the meeting and stood, slightly unfocused behind him as the Marshall briefed them.

I guess that makes the dragons and their guards part of this Steel Legion group then, Damn, I wish we had time to speak with them more before recall.

Closing her eyes for a moment Amelia works to centre herself before she begins levelly.

I'm in no position to transport us for an aerial strike today, though, thankfully, I can manage extraction once again.

The enemy headquarters is clearly the highest value target sir, but with respect I must dissent from trying to kill as many as possible as the primary goal. We are still blind and fumbling around, we desperately need to get intelligence on what they are doing and planning. Not just react to what they have already done. Raiding their headquarters should be used first and foremost to gather that intelligence, prisoners and materials both. With wholesale destruction as a secondary goal.

BelGareth
2013-02-11, 03:22 AM
The grand marshal listens to all of your comments, "no need Amelia, you will have your rest, you will be heading out at zero four hundred hours, enough time to prepare your spells as needed."

He turns to Rand "Your assessment is correct, the Keep can stay, and while the longer they stay there, the more entrenched it will become, it is not a priority. We are being harried on all sides and taking more ground to defend cannot be a primary concern." he turns again, this time back to Amelia "And yes, of course the primary concern is Intel, always Intel, but if we could cripple the leadership of this group, then we can prevent what looks to be a long term, large scale war. Or at least delay them, only those hardened groups, those trained to do so, can recover from leadership loss. This would both test them and act as a blow to their infrastructure. Seeing how they respond, the leadership and their troops, will garner more Intel than we need." He nods to her "But your observations are correct of course."

He then stands a little straighter, you suddenly see the stress in his face and the lines of age are strangely contrasted by the red light of the command bunker. He seems much older right now.

"So, shall it be that mission? I have other things to attend to, so the sooner you choose, the sooner we can move support into position and plan accordingly."

Autopsibiofeeder
2013-02-11, 04:20 AM
With some expectation, Aydin looks at Rand. Clearly, he feels this is not his decision to make.

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-02-11, 02:03 PM
"I chose the words 'chaos and disruption' carefully," Rand replies to Amelia. "As much as I would like to take some revenge on our enemies, I realize that this mission is about poking a beehive to see how it reacts, not dousing it with oil and torching it."

He considers their new teammates carefully. "I'm surprised you fly, actually," he tells Aydin in a tone of some amusement. "I knew a few goliaths back home in the mountains, and all of them hated to stop touching the earth even as long as it took to jump a few feet, much less fly around--but then, something tells me you're a bit more worldly than they were. If we have two new flyers, that should help make up for Reya's reassignment." Though smiling outwardly, Rand grumbles to himself, One of these days, I'll get to see a soldier's dossier before they're assigned to my team. Oh, the wonders of Special Forces....

Looking around to his colleagues and seeing no arguments from them, he concludes to the grand marshal, "And so, though I would prefer having a bit more time to get to know each other better, I think our team is ready to handle the intel-gathering mission."

Autopsibiofeeder
2013-02-11, 02:40 PM
Aydin grins, recognizing himself and his kin in Rand's description. "I much prefer my feet on solid rock, but I believe it is prudent to embrace nature's gifts."

Lostbutseeking
2013-02-13, 06:38 PM
Stiffening to attention and clenching her hand as she accepts the Colonels dressing down of her with bad grace Amelia stares fixedly at a point just above his left shoulder until he turns away.

BelGareth
2013-03-12, 02:57 PM
The grand Marshall looks to you and nods. "Very well then." He waves his hand at an aide and he comes rushing over, spilling documents and feather pens.

"Hi...I...I am Private Jarl, I'll be your direct aide for this endeavor sir...?" he says, leaving the statement as a question.

"er...." he says as he places the pile of parchments he was holding down and scratches his head "I'll take you to the portal room, WarCleric Adamansiureus is awaiting us there."

He walks off, not looking back and strides with the purpose of a private being ordered by a General to get his coffee.

Taking you back to the same portal room you see WarCleric Adamansiureus, one of the more serious and senior WarClerics of the army, he nods his grim face at you as you enter, "This will take you to a spot out of the city, once there you'll have to find your own way. It will also heal you." he hands you satchel, containing a map clearly marked out with the command tent.

Turning, he faces the center of the room and mutters a quiet prayer, a round spherical portal appears and elongates into a pear shaped disk, wide enough for two to pass through it.

Sorry that took so long, tbh, I forgot all about this game! Hope you are all still interested!

Autopsibiofeeder
2013-03-12, 03:04 PM
Aydin waits for Rand to step through first, or for Rand to tell Aydin to step through. If give the command, Aydin will step through without second thought or hesitation.

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-03-12, 03:30 PM
Great, Rand thinks to himself with an internal sigh as he notices Amelia tense up, if that came out as insulting her, I must be more on edge than I thought. I'll have to make it up to her later...which is going to look awkward coming from a superior officer. Dammit, I hate being with a new team.

Rand takes the map and equipment satchel from the Warcleric with a nod and steps to the side. To lighten the mood, he concentrates and manifests a paper-thin wide-brimmed hat on his head, a rough approximation of a drill sergeant's hat except that this one is colored bright pink. "All right, Aydin and Scale, time for some hazing for the newbies," he barks, with a smirk on his face. "Time for you to get out there and show us what you're made of! Show me your dedication! Your training! Your...I don't know, something something, band of brothers, for king and country, you know the drill." He sweeps the hat off into an over-elaborate bow, motioning to the portal. "After you two," he says, as the hat silently evaporates, "and then the rest of us."

Rand hangs back with Amelia while the others make their preparations and go through. He murmurs, low enough that no one else will hear, "Sorry if I embarrassed you back there, I didn't mean it that way. We can talk about it later if you want," before heading through the portal himself.

BelGareth
2013-03-14, 05:41 PM
You all walk/fly through the portal, and suddenly land in a dark undergrowth, you seem to be several miles out of the city. Looking back, you can see the fires burning at the city walls, flames streaking across the sky as boulders, and pitch balls aflame are launched from trebuchets and catapults ringing the great city.

The fire is so intense behind you, the darkness before you is almost palpable.

Looking at the seige line, you can quickly see that this enemy is well trained, pits have been dug for ammunition, the pitch is kept separate from everything else. Orders are barked and followed with crisp swiftness, uniforms are clean, but not too clean to signify new recruits, even if they did, you would be able to tell from the way they moved they were anything but.

With the will of accomplishing your mission, and knowing it for the best, you turn your back on a scene you never thought possible. Looking into the darkness you can see the peak of the mountain before you, the very beginning of the Crestline into the Quankim Mountains.

Looking at the map, you see you have some ground to cover, from the looks of it, roughly 30 miles or so.

Lostbutseeking
2013-03-16, 11:39 AM
Just before heading past the war cleric and into the portal behind Aydin, Amelia stops and turns to face the Colonel "I think we were talking slightly at cross purposes, but it doesn't matter sir, precious little does now." With a check to make sure Mitch is secure in the pouch she steps through ahead of him and lands quietly in the undergrowth.

Running through a reflexive post teleportation pat down to make sure everything is still with her and secure she catches sight of the siege lines and has to fight to suppress a shudder. With an effort she turns away and looks up at the mountains just a slight thump heralds the colonels arrival. "Looks like we have a fair way to go to reach the objective. Slightly off on the portals aim if it was made for us."

Autopsibiofeeder
2013-03-16, 07:06 PM
"Well, let's go then." Aydin starts treading with a swift, yet timeless, detached and uncaring pace.

Amnestic
2013-03-16, 11:07 PM
Scale takes in the sight of the burning city. For a moment he considers his master, Ticher. The wizard was by this point quite old, and Scale couldn't help but ponder where he was now. Had he fled the city? Was he on the walls? Barricaded himself in his tower? Turning away, he decides that he could do nothing to help him now. He had a job to do, and spending time on things wouldn't do anything.

30 miles was a relatively significant distance. About a day of travel, maybe more if they needed rest. Not that such things mattered to him of course - he never tired. His new squad on the other hand...they were made of softer things than the metal, wood and dragonscale that made up his form. He flexed his grip around the shortspear in his right hand. Magic flowed out around him, his draconic heritage pulsing as it went to work. That done, he nods to the squad, remaining silent.

OOC:
Activating following invocations:-
Magic Insight (Detect Magic, Identify at will), 24 hour duration
Draconic Knowledge (+6 to all Knowledge/Spellcraft checks), 24 hour duration
Aquatic Adaptation (Grants swim speed, can use breath weapon underwater), 24 hour duration
Draconic Flight (Grants fly speed=Land speed), 24 hour duration
Humanoid Shape (Retaining current shape), 24 hour duration
Draconic Toughness (12 Temp HP), 24 hour duration

Endure Exposure on group (Endure Elements as the spell, immunity to Scale's breath weapon), 24 hour duration.

Senses Aura (+3 to Search, Listen, Spot and Initiative checks to all allies within 30').

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-03-16, 11:42 PM
"Thanks for the spell, Scale," Rand says with a smirk, nodding in the direction of the fires, "it was starting to get a bit warm out here. All right everyone, mental communications going up in three...two...." <...one.> The last word sounds in everyone's head as he manifests his mindlink.

<It's possible that Command set the portal out here because our destination is warded, but it's also possible that they just can't aim that well. Amelia, why don't you try to teleport us closer--if we arrive intact, great, if the place is warded we can go overland, hopefully with some help from conjured mounts or hastening magic or something of the sort.>

Lostbutseeking
2013-03-17, 12:12 PM
<<If it's warded so much that we need to land 30 miles out that is a pretty impressive amount of magic, that aside I don't know the target well enough to have a great deal of accuracy. More to the point I only have one teleport prepared which I would much rather save for extraction sir, I don't much fancy walking through lines on the way back.>>

<< I can conjure three mounts sir, but that leaves two of us to follow on their own>>

Autopsibiofeeder
2013-03-17, 01:56 PM
"That's fine, I do not..." Aydin pauses a moment and thinks.

<<Umm, hello? Hi. Uhm, as I was saying, I do not need a mount.>> As he is transmitting his message, you see Aydin transform into large brown furred wolf. <<I can outrun most horses.>> The wolf grins and bares a set of large and sharp teeth. <<And if there is any obstacle, I can fly over it.>> Aydin transforms back to his own Goliath form. <<Actually, if needed I can become large enough to carry a rider.>>

BelGareth
2013-03-21, 02:01 PM
Are we wanting to teleport or go by magical mount?

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-03-22, 08:52 PM
<It's settled, then,> Rand nods, <we'll use the mounts now and save teleportation for an emergency evac.>

Autopsibiofeeder
2013-03-23, 04:56 AM
<<Need me to carry someone? Had better be someone with some riding practice.>>

BelGareth
2013-03-23, 11:33 AM
At Rands command the group moves out, spreading out almost instinctively, moving like a unit that had worked together for years.

Training, that's the difference between warriors and fighters. Nations can field thousands of troops, but if they are the called to arms peasants who toll the fields they are little but warriors dressed in the garb of fighters. No, true fighters are those who dedicate their lives to the cause, to perfecting their art and practicing it as their tradition and vocation.

That's what made your army different than others, that's what made your nation prosper. But unfortunately, the enemy hadn't bought warriors this time, they had bought Fighters. But all the better to show them their folly!

Amelia summons her steeds, allowing Rand, and herself to mount them while Scale tirelessly flies inches above the ground, apparently being able to fly with wings, and then Aydin shifts into the form of a sleek cat almost disappearing into the night with his dark fur. As you move, every now and then he completely disappears and an eagle soars out of the darkness overhead, flying above you.

You make good progress for the night, moving through most of it, dawn is coming and Aydin sights something as he is flying high up above the team, keeping a watchful eye out.

A column is approaching, almost directly at you considering your present course. They have outriders and flanking scouts about 100 yards out to either side.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-fK8uK6qcTeI/UU3ZELEZSrI/AAAAAAAAC-c/axC6dGD2d6w/s912/Map%2520for%2520Red%2520Tide.jpg

You are traveling in the direction of 11 to k. The column is coming down the path.

Amnestic
2013-03-23, 10:20 PM
Scale looks up from the tome he was reading while flying, his eyes fixating on the approaching column, his vision perfectly attuned to the dim light. His wings flutter silently as he gains altitude, floating about ten feet above the ground. <<Orders?>>

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Lowlight vision/Darkvision 90'. Attempting to discern any identifying signs/banners/unusual features as well as numbers.

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-03-24, 05:36 AM
<Time and safety are of the essence,> Rand decides. <If we engage them, they may alert their fellows near our destination, if they have any there, and if we are wounded or otherwise impaired that could compromise the mission.> He focuses his mind and extends his senses outwards to prepare for a possible confrontation. <See if you can find a good hiding place or a way to go around them; we will fight them if necessary, and we should prepare to do so, but let's try to avoid them if possible.>

Rand manifests a fully-augmented touchsight.

Autopsibiofeeder
2013-03-24, 06:58 AM
Aydin

Aydin tries to assess the magnitude of the enemy forces. Roughly, their numbers, their type (cavalry, infantry), and the rough dimensions of the column (lenth and width to assess the options for his landscaping magic to be of help). <<I can hide myself, but not the rest of the team. Let me see what exactly we're up against.>>

I am interested to learn what the effectiveness of Spike stones, Transmute rock to mud (and back) and the likes is to tilt the chances in our favour.

BelGareth
2013-03-26, 12:41 PM
You see what looks to be a Century, including the outlying scouts and flanking skirmishers.

The Heraldry is plain to see, the same as those besieging your city, Red shields with a cream colored wreath of thistles in the center.

They rank and file troops are armed with Short spears, javelins, shortswords and tower shields, the armor looks to be banded or something similar. The skirmishers are armed differently, Javelins, bow in hand and shortswords, they wear leathers and move through the undergrowth with ease.

Behind the Century is a unit of Light Cavalry, honors and streamers held aloft followed by the caravan which looks to be stretching for a mile or to.

Yes, they are romans, and a century is a 100 strong.

Autopsibiofeeder
2013-03-26, 04:32 PM
Aydin

Aydin is not the type to use military terms, even though he of course had to learn them. <<A hundred footmen and a dozen horsemen accompanied by a host of non fighting folks. A tough fight, and one that may claim non-warrior life. We should consider hiding, unless some of us can use large scale magics...I can, but only of the hampering kind.>>

Lostbutseeking
2013-03-29, 04:06 PM
<<I don't doubt we could stop them with a little effort... but I doubt that convoy is worth alerting the enemy to our presence here, better to pass around the outside of their perimeter and move on.

BelGareth
2013-04-04, 01:16 PM
As you are all trying to figure out exactly the plan to take, the legion takes a sharp turn and moves through the rough terrain, having a look, you see no obvious reason for this, other than fickle luck on your part.

Taking the hint, you take off, traveling as before, the halt took only a half ahn and you manage to get near your waypoint directed on the map.

The night sky is dark and dusky and the sun is setting behind you, you manage to find a narrow crevice where you are able to settle down and post a watch rotation.

Your watches go by, and nothing happens other than the quiet creaking of crickets and other strange mountainous bugs. Dawn is several hours away and Aydin wakes the last of the team up, of those that are still asleep.

Stretching and moving with the practiced stealth and discipline of the elite unit you are, Rand brings you all together to go over the plan, bringing out the map he conjures a tiny red mote of light, just enough to highlight the terrain on the map.

After the brief everyone nods, knowing there roles, Aydin and Scale take off, melding into the darkness and using it as cover to recon the area.

Aydin is back first, followed by Scale. Their reports the same:

A ring of tents, 2 man maybe 4 man, numbering in the 100's circle the larger tents, several 100 man, maybe the chow halls, and some smaller ones, 30-40 man tents, look to be the berthing areas of the higher ups, with coat of arms and honor guards standing outside most of them. A central tent, maybe 20ish men or so large, stands in the middle, all 4 sides open, and guards on each corner. Looks to be the map room.

The whole pavilion is surrounded by an earth burm, 20ft or so tall, with guard towers on the corners. The guards patrol in pairs, every 50 ft or so on the perimeter.

Autopsibiofeeder
2013-04-04, 01:29 PM
DM:
I am going to reshuffle some spells, in order to better create general chaos in the camp, if that is all right. Swapped spells will be behind dashes and I'll remove the old spells once you approve. Didn't see the night coming :smallsmile:.

Aydin

The Goliath carries a serious and grave expression on his face. <<Chaos, confusion, some mayhem and a focused push on the officers. Right?>> He adressess Rand specifically. <<Do we split up, in a team that will cause the chaos and a team that strikes them at the heart?>> He sports a grin now. <<I have studied some spells to occupy a small army for a while.>>

BelGareth
2013-04-04, 01:41 PM
Perfectly fine, I thought it was time to move ahead.

Amnestic
2013-04-04, 02:39 PM
Scale ponders for a moment. <<"I have some shapeshifting abilities. I could, theoretically, use my minor teleportation to enter the camp in disguise and attempt to sabotage them. A few fires here and there, especially among the smaller tents, could cause a fair amount of chaos. I could also bring up to 4 others with me, though my distance is limited - about fifty to sixty feet of teleportation per cast, which is why I didn't mention it earlier.">> He sounds almost apologetic for this, as he realises that his abilities could've been useful earlier and he failed to bring it up. Failure. He wasn't sure if that was him or Melidrona. Sometimes they seemed to be one and the same.

OOC:
Yeah, I'd actually forgotten that Flee the Scene can carry multiple people :smallredface:. Thought it was reduced distance and personal only, but it's just reduced distance (25'+5'/2 levels), so 55' distance, carry up to four others and leaves behind a Major Image for one round.

Lostbutseeking
2013-04-20, 09:13 AM
<<I would really like to get into that big tent at some point, preferably before they know anything interesting is happening. No other obvious place for person in charge at any rate.>>

BelGareth
2013-05-15, 03:50 PM
As you are all talking, a loud thunder cracks the sky south of your position, from the exact place of your departure.

You can only hazard a guess at what has happened, but to hear something from this distance cannot be good. It would have to be a sizable explosion, or some other thing.

You hope it was an explosion, as anything else would be far worse...

The camp is suddenly awake, cheers break out, as a plume of smoke, the remnants of a mushroom shaped cloud in the horizon fades out.

Autopsibiofeeder
2013-05-15, 04:04 PM
Aydin

Aydin turns around and grunts. <<That's no good. But the camp seems to be disorganized. We strike now?>> He grins: <<I was planning on calling forth some greater earth elementals, and carpet the area with a movement impeding and painful stone trap. That should keep 'em busy.>>

PairO'Dice Lost
2013-05-15, 08:41 PM
Rand turns around as well to view the devastation. The mushroom-shaped cloud is definitely not a good sign, he thinks to himself; he recalled reading something about that sort of cloud before in arcane treatises on splitting substances--particularly pure quasielements--into their component elements, but since he never had a head for magical theory he'd stopped reading out of boredom. Now, seeing some sort of magical explosion centered on a portal that the enemy shouldn't have known about, he suddenly wishes he'd paid more attention in the library.

The kalashtar shakes his head to clear those thoughts away and focus on the moment. <Now's the right time to strike,> he answers Aydin, <but we should still try to be subtle about it. Remember, intel first, chaos second, destruction third. Scale, those are some handy talents you've got. I want you to disguise yourself as someone unobtrusive, get close to the command tent with Amelia, and teleport the two of you inside to grab whatever intel and/or valuable prisoners you can. Aydin, you and I will stay a short distance away, ready to help them if needed.

<If they're discovered, whichever comes first, you use your earth powers to screw around with the army and I'll use my mental powers to take out any officers. We want to give them enough time to get as much information as is humanoidly possible. Assuming everything goes off without a hitch, which I doubt it will unless the gods are feeling extremely generous today, we'll extract without leaving a sign of our presence and none will be the wiser.> He glances around briefly. <Questions or objections?>

BelGareth
2013-05-30, 02:44 PM
Scale disguises himself and moves off to infiltrate the camp, while the others get closer, they manage to find a good spot, close to the walls but allowing good cover, a copse of trees with a small croft of dirt that rises up.

The guards on the wall above the dirt berm seem to be grumbling and complacent, not expecting or thinking anything could happen.

Sorry about this, I just kept forgetting about it!

Well, I assume we are still interested, just need prodding along, I'm fine with that, just got to remember!

Amn, need some spells cast, disguise check and what not...

Others, what ever spells are going to be cast, let them be cast.

Autopsibiofeeder
2013-06-02, 03:35 PM
Aydin

<<That's clear, sir.>> Since there is no need for action from him just now, he decides to crouch and hide and use his keen eyes and ears to trace Scale's progress. Just before though, he utters some low grumbling syllables, after which his skin and equipment appear to blend in with his surroundings just a bit.

Casting Camouflage, duration 120 minutes. Hide +12, Listen and Spot +21.

Amnestic
2013-06-02, 08:21 PM
Scale nods and begins to weave his magic, feeling the power of his old master's blood flowing through him, up through the arms and expelling out of his fingertips in a shimmer of light. In but a few moments the dragon-headed warforged is gone, replaced with a bright-eyed human male youth with dirty-blonde hair. <<"Right then. Amelia?">> He begins, placing a hand on her shoulder. <<"I should warn you, the sensation may be a bit jarring at first due to the stop-and-start motion. Please bear with it.">>

With that, he begins the process of teleporting towards the camp with Amelia in tow, a short 55' at a time. With his spare hand, Scale clutches his Eversmoking Bottle, ready to unstopper it if necessary.

OOC:
Disguise: [roll0] (+4 Cha, +10 Magic, -2 different race)

Hide (if necessary): [roll1] (+2 Dex, apply any other modifiers you think applicable).

Scale will continue to teleport right into the command tent unless interrupted midway, at which point he may change tactics.