PDA

View Full Version : Are we allowed to talk about legal behavior of Media Companies?

Gavinfoxx
2013-02-06, 12:33 AM
Hey, Moderators and stuff... are we allowed to talk about objectionable legal behavior with regards to their media properties that some companies engage in, and especially link to some 'plight of the little guy' causes that are relevant to the sorts of media that people discuss on this forum? It seems relevant, but I can't tell based on some of the no advertising or whatever clauses in the rules... thanks!

Don Julio Anejo
2013-02-06, 01:30 AM
If you're talking about stuff like copyrights, DMCA or lawsuits, I think a lot of it falls under politics and would probably not be allowed.

Edit: because it often leads to people with differing opinions starting flame wars.

Brother Oni
2013-02-06, 02:40 AM
If you're talking about stuff like copyrights, DMCA or lawsuits, I think a lot of it falls under politics and would probably not be allowed.

I think talking about the specifics of the above legislation counts as giving legal advice and talking about the reason for the legislation counts as politics, so the board rules have you coming and going.:smalltongue:

Gavinfoxx
2013-02-06, 06:58 PM
So a signal boost to someone who is being harassed by a media company would be inappropriate then?

The Glyphstone
2013-02-06, 09:57 PM
Great Modthulhu: This sort of question is better to be PMed directly to a moderator or admin (I'd suggest Roland St. Jude), than in an open discussion thread.