PDA

View Full Version : Psychoactive skin augmentation?

BeachWorg
2013-02-06, 07:40 AM
Can a power manifested through a psychoactive skin be augmented? Really don't have much to add to that--if not, just wondering why skin of the claw would ever be purchased/used if you couldn't.

Person_Man
2013-02-06, 08:52 AM
From the SRD under the psionic items section:

"Powers stored in power trigger items are not augmented. Such powers are assumed to be stored in the item at the minimum manifester level necessary to manifest the power. However, certain items may specify a higher manifester level than necessary. If such an item holds a power that deals hit point damage, the power is assumed to be augmented to the maximum allowed by the power and the manifester level."

So by default the answer is no, but you can make an item that manifests an augmented power, just like you can make a magic item with a higher caster level.

Psyren
2013-02-06, 12:07 PM
Note that SotC has ML 4, so the claws will be augmented at least once. As Person Man said, you'll have to craft/purchase a higher-ML version (paying the appropriately increased costs) to get more deadly claws out of your skin.

Mithril Leaf
2013-02-06, 03:50 PM
Same deal with Skin of Proteus. It's for the best really.

BeachWorg
2013-02-06, 04:50 PM
Thank you. You have all been extremely helpful (though I am sad I will not be sinking large amounts of pp into my psychoactive skin).

Psyren
2013-02-06, 05:00 PM
Thank you. You have all been extremely helpful (though I am sad I will not be sinking large amounts of pp into my psychoactive skin).

Just make your own, at a higher ML, whenever you can afford it :smallsmile:

And the plus side is that once you do, it will automatically augment itself with no need for PP from you.