PDA

View Full Version : The Lost Legion IC

horus42
2013-02-06, 10:32 AM
Betrayal. You should have expected it. All of you feel like idiots for trusting that Raksha, the thrice-dammed Noble named Invidia. She spoke with a silver tongue, with honeyed words, and claimed that she would lead the Legion into the Wyld, to find and kill the Raksha who had dared attack Mighty Lookshy: the Swarm Queen.

The journey took weeks, through strange and indescribable terrain. It was a miracle that none of the Legion, nor its camp followers, were mutated on the spot, as deep into the Wyld as you went. And then it happened. The very earth beneath your feet began to dissolve. Captain Attis Septimus, the leader of the Legion, called for a charge, the only thing to do was outrun this catastrophe.

And outrun it you did. An island of stability was found, or part of the Wyld which, for the moment, seemed stable enough. It reminded you all of Creation, everything seemed so normal, so expected. Except for the massive drop-off into oblivion that surrounds the landmass, of course.

Captain Attis stood and addressed the Legion. The Earth aspect looking worn and grizzled from his years in service to Lookshy, his mane of golden hair flowing in the slight breeze.

"Men, it would seem as though we've been betrayed. Invidia abandoned us, the moment the earth began to dissolve. There's no telling when we'll be able to get home, so we need to make the best of our situation for now. We'll meet back here, after exploring for a bit, get a feel for the terrain, find water, food, and shelter. And hope to the Dragons that we don't run into any hostile natives or Raksha." He pauses, then grins.

"Though if we do, we can handle them. Remember who we are! We are disciplined! We are strong! We! Are! Legion!"

The Legion roars its agreement, and sets out to obey their Captain's orders.

DukeGod
2013-02-06, 01:21 PM
Varg approaches the Captain. He was a bit injured from the fall.
As a counselor to the Captain who had use to his experience, he wasn't so afraid to talk to him

"You're pushing our luck Attis. We can end up with mutated mortals if they venture far from this...bubble of Creation and into the Wyld"

Random Word
2013-02-06, 03:05 PM
A grin lights up Lee's boyish face as he scrambles up to the top of a supply transport, yelling over his shoulder as he climbs, "This is a simply marvellous opportunity for study. Dangerous, surely, but the danger pales in comparison to the potential discoveries!" Attaining the summit, he shades his eyes against the sun and surveys the scene. His black hair, braided ornately with ivy and sprouting the occasional haphazard leaf, and the long white robe emblazoned with the green sigil of Sextes Jylis drift lazily in the breeze.

"We'll have to take precautions, of course. The beasts and behemoths may be intimidating, but they can be fought. New diseases, unknown venoms and poisons, these will be our undoing if we aren't careful. Calient, inform the officers that a strict quarantine is in effect. If any non-critical personnel so much as sniffle I want them under constant watch until we've established the symptomology and virulence of the local strains. Critical personnel are to be treated with Artefacts or Charms immediately. No one is to eat anything foraged until we've established what's actually edible. I want to make sure everyone in the Legion knows the name of the first Talon to take someone off the active duty roster because they were stupid enough to eat a berry that wasn't cleared. Ash, mobilize the field medical teams, get them collecting samples and cataloging the local flora. I'm willing to bet the Captain is going to want a report from Logistics about the feasibility of remaining here for any length of time on his desk by this evening at the latest, and Logistics will realize the same thing in a minute or two and be on us. I think I might see their little cogs turning even now. Thorns, coordinate with the Recon talon, have them keep us up to date on the cleared perimeter and any hazards. While you're at it get them to forward a copy of all the scouting reports to my desk as soon as they come in. For medical reasons. Make something up, make it sound convincing. Use big words, like Epidemiology."

The bemused officer cadre of the Medical Talon look on in silence as Lee stops to catch his breath before continuing.

"Oh, Ash, find me Gochei Rose while you're at it. Ask her if she's up for a little wilderness trek, strictly voluntary. Let's see if we can't beat Recon to something interesting. Beans, triple check the medical inventory and append it to our report. If anyone needs me I'm going to be looking for volunteers for my little field trip."

Finally, seemingly satisfied, he looks down at his assembled officers and asks, almost as an afterthought, "Questions?"

Kell_tamer
2013-02-06, 03:35 PM
Flame turned and removed his helm to give his unit a face to face.

ALRIGHT MEN! his voice burned with a passion only one possessed of fire could produce. YOU HEARD THE CAPTAIN! STICK IN CLOSE FORMATION BEHIND ME AS WE MAKE OUR WAY IN!

He replaced his helmet upon his head, and sets his fountain summoning stone to be the one to power his armor. WE'VE DEFEATED ANATHEMA BEFORE MEN! THIS IS JUST A BRISK WARM UP FOR US!

Flame, a veteran in his late 40's was always willing to put on a veneer of passion and bravery if it meant his troops had the morale to pull through. Truth be told, this time he truly was afraid. However not for his life, but for whether his men truly would survive this turn of events.

However he couldn't let them see the concern, He was Exalted and the Exalted were heroes and champions. Nothing could shake them! Nothing could remove their fire or passion!

Mechanix
2013-02-06, 04:25 PM
Well, that had been a disappointment. Trusting a raksha was reputed to be a stupid idea; this "once in a lifetime" exception... Did not actually prove an exception. Wave sighed and dropped his gear, stretching. All right. This was an unexpected situation, and like any unexpected situation, it fostered chaos and uncertainty. He had to stay focus and follow orders. He looked around for the elusive shape of the Nymph, strutting along and winking at soldiers who couldn't see her, and called her back; she trotted along cheerfully.

"All right, where do we go from here..." He looked at his companion, and remembered the words of Captain Attis. Find water. Of course. Easy for him. He sighed, and called his men to him, then walked away from the gathering spot, looking for a natural spring or lake.

horus42
2013-02-07, 09:44 AM
Captain Attis turns to Varg, his expression stony. "I know the risks, Varg. But in this case, I'd rather have mutated mortals than dead mortals. We might be here for a long time, no use starving to death trying to find a way back home that might not exist. And this gives the men something to do to keep them occupied, rather than holding them all together and letting them panic..."

In the meantime, Lee's men go about following his orders, exploring the nearby area and looking for plants or various animals that could be used as a source of food and medical supplies. After a moment, Rose walks up to him, a smile on her face. "A wilderness trek, eh? You know me, Lee. I'm always up for a bit of adventure."

Flame's men follow him in tight formation as they march out. After a few miles, they see something on the horizon: a group of people. At first glance, they seem to be human, not Raksha. Perhaps the ancestors of another group of people who had been stranded here. They probably knew what food was safe, where there was water, or if there was any way to return to Creation.

It doesn't take long for Wave to find a small spring. Just over a few hills, the trickle of clear, fresh water flows around a bend and out of sight. There are fish swimming through it, and one of Wave's men spears one, before taking it out of the water and commenting, "Looks to be just a salmon. Nothing mutated about it..."

Kell_tamer
2013-02-07, 10:03 AM
Flame holds up his hand in the gesture for a stop.

He makes an assessment of the situation, making a mental headcount of the number of people. Including himself his men numbered 1 score and 6. He scanned for any sign of mutation on them before determining whether to approach.

horus42
2013-02-07, 10:13 AM
The people seem to be entirely human, and there are about 12 of them. They're dressed in animal skins, and carry bows and spears with obsidian heads. Possibly a hunting party. As they near a patch of tall grass, Flame sees the head of a Claw Strider rise above the grass, looking right at the people.

Kell_tamer
2013-02-07, 10:36 AM
Figuring its best to show helpful intent as opposed to hostile, Flame tells his men to knock arrows and be ready to fire on the strider. Coordinating his archers. Making sure they only fire once he knows the strider is hostile and not a trained animal.

Mechanix
2013-02-07, 10:53 AM
Wave scartched his chin, dubious. To find such a miraculous spot in the rampant chaos of the Wyld was more than luck; it was fate. Salmon? Not even mutated? That was a miracle without the shadow of a doubt. Nevertheless, he would be foolish not to consider the possibility of a more insidious evil. Poisonned food that looked harmless was par for the course in such a place.
"You, you and you," he said to a few men, "take a few fish and bring them to the docs. Let's hope they can tell us if they're as harmless as they look. The rest, come with me; we'll follow this spring, see if we can find an actual river or a lake. We need to find a spot where the Legion has safe water and food." Odiana was whistling by his side, deliberately not looking at him; Elementals usually favored their material shapes, but he had asked to dematerialize so as to not distract the soldiers at work with her considerable charms; she'd been pouting ever since. Wave sighed at the childish behavior, while the Nymph trotted towards the spring and leaped into it, enjoying the feeling of water running through her. "A child," he whispered. "You're a child."

DukeGod
2013-02-07, 11:01 AM
"Well. If you really think so, but you might just aswell start getting them used to mutated people, or try to break any preconception that stems from it. It seems like our doctor is getting his people ready to do something, and it seems to involve being outside the relative secured area. I'll go with them, make sure we don't lose the medics...

Oh, and find the Earth Aspects who can go without food, like us, and have them start doing so. It'd best if we diminished as much as possible the number of people who are going to eat. Then we can start planting if absolutely necessary. And Attis? Kairi will likely be around looking for people who got injured in the fall. Make sure she stays well and fine."

Varg makes quick preparations for leaving. He wouldn't need much. Daiklaive in his back, armor in his body, that was pretty much it. He does as said, and uses Essencen to remove the need of his body to eat something. Should last about a week

"Lee? I'm going with you. No I don't know where you are going nor do I care. And you can't refuse or I will hand you your bottom, redder than that dragon-blasted Invidia's nails!"

He calmly strides to the side of the man, while drinking from his artifact cup. Hot tea of course. He could go without food, but a woman was still going to give birth to the Incarna or Primordial who was going to make him not drink tea.

horus42
2013-02-07, 11:04 AM
As Flame's men knock their arrows, the Claw Strider rushes out of the tall grass, followed by several more. It seems the group was flushing out a small herd of deer, as the people loose their arrows and spears into the herd. It looks as though Flame's second instinct was right, the large reptiles were, in fact, trained.

Wave's men nod and obey, spearing more of the fish and preparing to take them back to the medical talon, for examination. The rest follow him upstream, and after miles more, see a distant lake on the horizon. (Love the choice of name for the Nymph, by the way.)

Kell_tamer
2013-02-07, 11:14 AM
Flame gestures for his men put their arrows back. He waits for their hunt to end before approaching. He makes sure to keep his spear in a relaxed position so as not to seem threatening. Not the easiest to do with a suit of immaculate power armor.

horus42
2013-02-07, 11:19 AM
The moment the hunt is over, and as Flame approaches, the people instantly seem afraid. Those with spears drop into fighting stances, while the archers fall back, arrows held at the ready. They speak to one another in a language that Flame doesn't quite recognize, though it seems vaguely familiar.

Mechanix
2013-02-07, 11:27 AM
Perfect, the instructor thought as they saw the lake on the horizon. There might be a chance of setting up some lasting camp near this large expanse of water: food and water both. Captain Attis would be glad to know that. Looking at the distance, then at the skies, he watched the sun's position, the the width of the stream, and planted his spear in the ground; by comparing the sizes and distances, he hoped to get the most accurate estimation of how long it would take to reach the lake.

Thanks. Given the way spirits tend to act weird, it seemed appropriate :smalltongue: Rolling Perception+Awareness!
[roll0]
Stunt!
[roll1]

Kell_tamer
2013-02-07, 11:31 AM
He removes his helmet, so they can see he is human. Hold, we do not wish to fight. He tries it in all the languages he knows to see if there is any they respond to. He Starts with riverspeak. then flametongue then old realm, then high realm.

horus42
2013-02-07, 11:34 AM
(Nice use of scenery and such. Take two dice on that Stunt.)

After a brief moment of calculation, Wave is able to determine that it would take approximately how long it would take to walk to the lake. Though it would be faster if all those going were Dragon-Blooded, bringing the Legion there would require half a day's march, at the very least.

Meanwhile, the assembled people holding their weapons at Flame seem to pause, responding the most to Old Realm. Flame realizes that's why their language seemed familiar, it must be an offshoot of Old Realm.

Kell_tamer
2013-02-07, 11:39 AM
Flame continues to speak in old realm then. He gestures to himself and says I am Third Victorious Flame. Which of you is the leader of this hunting party?

Mechanix
2013-02-07, 11:51 AM
"All right, boys. We're going back to camp." Picking up his spear, Wave followed the stream back to their original point of departure; then he would go back to captain Attis, to inform him of his discovery.

horus42
2013-02-07, 12:00 PM
The largest and tallest of the men steps forward, spear in hand and Claw Strider at his side. The dinosaur growls menacingly at Flame, but the man pats its haunches, and the beast calms.

"I am. They call me Marat." His eyes narrow, distrustfully. "You are not from here."

Meanwhile, Wave and his men return to camp, and find that Captain Attis has set up his command tent. The Legionnaires standing guard let him through. "Centurion? I hope you've got good news."

Mechanix
2013-02-07, 12:12 PM
"I believe so, sir. My men have found a stream with live, non-mutated fish. They've been sent to the medical talon to verify wether or not they're safe for consumption. More importantly, we have followed that stream and found a large lake a bit less than a day of marching from here; terrain is mostly hills, view seems clear enough." He stopped for a moment and glared as discreetly as he could at Odiana, who was trying to read the maps and papers on the captain's desk; she stuck out her tongue and crossed her arms. "In any case, it is my personal opinion that a lasting camp would be better in a spot with reliable food and water, but you are the captain, captain."

horus42
2013-02-07, 12:19 PM
He shakes a few locks of his golden mane out of his face as he nods. "I completely agree, Centurion. I only set up the tent as a stop-gap measure. Establish some stability and normalcy. That's what the men need right now. I've been telling our Earth Aspects to prepare themselves to go without food, but if you've found a reliable source, that's better news that I could have hoped for, thank the Dragons."

He stands from his desk and starts to pace. "We'll wait to see what other news comes, and then decide on a spot for a more... permanent spot for habitation. I'll gather up the Legion's engineers, and see if we can't get some actual building set up, not just tents."

And before Lee, Varg, and Rose can leave, a group of Wave's men arrive with several fish. One of them places a fist over his chest, in standard Legion salute. "Sir! We've been ordered to offer these fish for your examination, and see if they're safe to eat."

Kell_tamer
2013-02-07, 12:31 PM
Flame nods to the man. Greetings Marat, indeed you are right, I and my men are not from around here. We are from the 9th legion of Lookshy. We were led into the wyld and then betrayed by a treacherous Raksha. I am in charge of one of the scouting parties attempting to make contact with the people here. He offers the man a hand to shake. Your presence managed to answer two question, one being are there potentially friendly people, and two seeing your hunting party, that yes there is indeed hunt able game. Do you have a village near here? Our legion could use the help in getting new supplies and we would be willing to offer service in exchange for your help to us.

Flame's red skin mixed with his golden eyes, and his jade equipment are a pretty dead giveaway to his Exalted nature. Whether that poses a problem or not is up to Marat.

Random Word
2013-02-07, 05:14 PM
Lee finishes donning the last of his Immaculate Dragon armour as Varg interjects. "I fear you would have a challenging time handing me my bottom with the shaft of an arrow perforating your retina before you made ten paces, Varg, but if you'd like to attempt to disprove my hypothesis I never pass up volunteers willing to help me learn whether it's possible to perform surgical procedures with a bow," replies Lee dryly before turning to take the proffered fish. "Aha, marvellous, did you test the salinity of the water? No?" Lee runs a finger along the fish and tastes it. "A freshwater variant of Oncorhynchus gorbuscha! Mild variation in scale pattern, the gills have differentiated markedly..." he mutters to himself as he removes a scalpel from his bag and makes an incision while walking into a nearby field hospital. "Most unexpected..." he begins removing organs, taking small samples, and dropping them into small chemical vials and observing how they change colour. He turns to Rose as he works, "Assemble any volunteers from your team, Rose. I'm sure we'll find some use for Varg in the field beyond target practice. We'll range as far as we can and attempt to locate a commanding view from which we can map out points of future interest. With a source of fresh water secure things look promising - assuming these fish are edible."

Kell_tamer
2013-02-07, 05:24 PM
While greeting the man and him being distracted by the gesture, Flame quickly mouths a message to Captain Attis letting essence carry it two miles back to the camp.

Captain Attis, Have made contact with locals, No mutations, they hunt normal game and tame animals.Tribal nature, speak Old Realm, Attempting peaceful greetings. Flame Out.

horus42
2013-02-07, 05:55 PM
Marat eyes Flame's hand warily, but does not take it. Shaking hands must not be a custom amongst his people."Lookshy? That name does not sound familiar. Also, you said scouting party? Where are your men, lying in ambush?" He lets out a hearty guffaw. "We are warriors of the Obsidian Talons. We fear no cowardly ambush." He seems to ignore the rest of what Flame said. Apparently the Obsidian Talon tribe wasn't very keen on outsiders.

From what Lee can gather after his examination, the salmon are indeed... just salmon. Besides the few minor differences, there's nothing unusual about them at all, and they are edible. From what he can estimate, in order for these differences to manifest, the breeding population must have been separated from Creation for nearly a thousand years.

DukeGod
2013-02-07, 06:03 PM
"Pfft. Surgeries and bows. We had none of that in my time. I can just walk off your arrow in my retina. And teach you how the Wood Aspects did things in my time. They shot poison from their retinas, that's how"

Varg eyes the fish. Disected.

"Well there goes dinner. And I will have you know that I was gathering herbs, and...doing other things in woods when your grandmother was handing your father his bottom""

Kell_tamer
2013-02-07, 06:19 PM
Flame pulls his hand back.

"That's a bit presumptuous. you said yourself we are outsiders. Hard to set up an ambush when you have no knowledge of the lay of the land. My men are weary and we seek aid. If you do not wish to help us then I kindly ask that you then leave our people alone as we continue to get our footing."

He takes a deep breath and looks back at Marat. "I am offering you a chance to begin with friendship. I have a feeling this isn't an area where such alliances are made often. However I'm sure even as far away from Creation you are even you know to appreciate the potential alliance with The Exalted. And there are more of us who are far and above willing to work for whatever you can give us in aid.

Despite being in their territory Flame carries himself with incredible professionalism. And he coats his words with essence to make them further get across.

Mechanix
2013-02-07, 06:24 PM
"As you say, captain," Wave said with a formal nod. He went out of the tent and sighed, weary of the few hours of walking he'd just done.
"Is it done? Can we have fun now?" Odiana asked cheerfully. He frowned at her. "But I wanna see the handsome soldiers! I don't like being invisible."
"Just... Stay quiet for a little while, will you? I'm tired. This has been a frantic day."
"Oh, poor boy. Do you want a massage?"
"Now... Would not be... The proper time," Wavbe said painfully. The temptation of lying down and relaxing was always greater with the Nymph around. Regardless, despite having no clear orders, there had to be something he could do.

He set paces towards the medical talon; might as well try and make sure his salmons hadn't killed half the camp while he was gone.

horus42
2013-02-07, 06:29 PM
Marat's eyes widen in fear and awe. "You are Exalted? I had thought you were a mutant. This... changes things. We have heard tales of the Exalted. That they do great and terrible things. I thought they were just a myth. He rubs the slightly grey stubble on his broad chin. "I must speak to my people. Meet me here in a day's time. I will tell you our decision."

Kell_tamer
2013-02-07, 06:35 PM
Flame nods.

"Very well, I look forward to the meeting being a peaceful one. Remember, you could be making a powerful ally here and if it leads to being helpful to both our societies then all the better."

He gestures for his men to about face and prepare to move out.

He begins to put on his helmet. "Regardless, It was a pleasure to meet you Marat." He slides the helmet over his head and then turns back to his men. "ALRIGHT MEN! MOVE OUT!"

He was not lying, seeing humans in this area was such a wonderful breath of fresh air in a day that had just been going awful. He truly did hope that they could come to a peaceful arrangement. Allies would be wonderful in this time of trouble. He pondered this as he and his men marched back to camp.

Random Word
2013-02-08, 02:55 PM
"The fish are fit to be served to the Shogun - and their last common ancestor with the salmon that last graced your plate might well have been," pronounces Lee ecstatically as he re-emerges. "Some ancestor of this fish was thriving in Creation when your great great grandmother was handing your great grandfather his bottom. A time when the little luxuries of life like bows and surgery were well established - for all their madness, the Anathema could hardly prevent the blood of the dragon from inspiring such trivial advances. History was clearly not a subject emphasized in your Salon."
He turns to the soldier who brought the fish, "Inform the Captain we're in a portion of Creation untouched since Sextes Jylis walked amongst us, and tell him I have the fish to prove it."
Turning his attention back to those assembled he declares enthusiastically, "This is auspicious news, great works of the Shogunate long thought lost to us may yet be recovered have we only the will and wit to reclaim them. We'll need to map the layout of nearby Dragon lines, find their intersections, and work out a search pattern from there. Assemble your equipment - we depart in five minutes."

DukeGod
2013-02-11, 06:57 PM
"You should respect your elders. Principally when they are on the verge of becoming capital E Elders. What equipment is this that you're asking of those kids?"

horus42
2013-02-12, 11:03 PM
While Flame and his men return to the camp, Rose and those under Lee's command return, ready to go off on their little sojourn into the unknown.

"We're ready to go whenever you are, Sir." says Rose with a smile.

After they leave, Wave and Odiana arrive at the medical tents, and a healer who stayed behind, an older veteran named Foss, tells him what Lee discovered about the fish.

Kell_tamer
2013-02-13, 12:05 AM
When Flame makes it back he immediately asks to see Captain Attis.

When he is taken to the captain he removes his helmet and salutes him. "Captain, I bring word of the natives we encountered. They are warriors and hunters, and seem distrusting of outsiders, but more importantly, the mention of the Exalted is causing them to consider possibly of peaceful relations. Their leader asked to meet us in a field a couple miles from here tomorrow. I wish to take some of the other Dragon Bloods to make a point, and hopefully work out some kind of agreement that benefits us. Their leader was very startled to learn that I was Exalted. It seems here we are merely legend. This gives us a powerful bartering chip should we make a point of us having Exalts in numbers.

He stood before the Captain, the fire aspect, a man easily capable of being far higher up in rank and leading far more troops given his exploits and talent, but much preferring working with the smaller group of troops he has. This was a man who understood that though he has plans, it is his commander who makes the final call. "Sir, what would you have me do regarding this turn of events?"

Random Word
2013-02-13, 06:31 PM
"Rest assured, Varg, I respect your experience. The moment I see the Scarlet Empress contesting our advance I'll be sure to call on your extensive experience. In the meantime we have a new continent to explore - you and your team will lead the way, Rose, I trust your sense of direction. We make for a geomantically suitable location from which the engineers can map the local flow of essence, and we draw up a search plan from... oh." Lee pauses and scratches his chin. "Engineers," he mutters, "I knew I had forgotten something. Someone find me some engineers." Lee turns and examines his surroundings, as if expecting to find an engineer hiding amongst the haphazardly arranged supplies and vehicles which constituted the logistics of a Legion at rest.

horus42
2013-02-14, 05:07 PM
Captain Attis paces back and forth in his tent, thinking over the possibilities that have been brought to light. "I received your message, of course, Spear-Leader Flame. As for the barbarians... It would be wise to meet with them, though be wary. Who knows what intent they truly hold. I leave it up to you in order to find a group of your fellow Exalted, I trust your judgement. However, I would also like to meet their leader myself, and begin further negotiations, should this venture prove successful." He then waves his hand and dismisses Flame.

It takes a while before an engineer can be found, but eventually one is brought to Lee. "Sir, my name is Riva Claudius, one of the Legion's Engineers. What do you need of me?" The young Earth Aspect stands at attention before Lee.

Kell_tamer
2013-02-14, 05:48 PM
Flame salutes and takes his leave. He rejoins his men. Alright men, it's been quite the day, take a bit of time for some rest. I need you in top shape when the camp is told to move out.

As his men disperse, Flame begins to consider who he should bring with him. While he is a capable negotiator, he knows his spear is far more trained than his tongue. He figures his best bet might be to show as much of the control of the elements as he can. So he begins looking for any Exalt that isn't one of Hesiesh.

Random Word
2013-02-15, 02:18 PM
"Excellent! I trust you have the requisite grasp of geomancy to map the flow of a dragon line? If so, we depart to an auspicious location from which to make use of your talents at once."

horus42
2013-02-15, 03:00 PM
In Flame's search for other Dragon-Blooded, he comes across the medical tents, finding Wave standing there, still talking to Foss.

In the meantime, Riva says, "Of course I can, sir." He raises a fist to his heart in salute, and follows the rest of the company through the wilderness, with Rose leading the way.

Kell_tamer
2013-02-15, 03:36 PM
Flame approaches the water aspect. He keeps his helmet removed, preferring to give any of the chosen of the dragons the dignity of a face to face.

Master Wave? It is master right? I'm not all ahead on the whole martial arts society.

Moving past a potential social faux pas, flame gets right down to business. regardless, It may interest you to know I have made contact with natives. Captain Attis has asked that I gather some other dragon bloods to make sure the natives know we aren't lying about having the backing of the Exalted. I was hoping to gather a few of us to go and speak with them in the morning. Would you be interested in joining in on this gathering of potential allies?

Mechanix
2013-02-17, 05:52 PM
Wave smiled kindly at Flame's remark. "I am not yet fit to be called a master; I have yet to fully master the arcanes of the Black Tide Style. In time, though, I will deserve the title of 'sifu.'" The Fire Aspect's offer makes him stroke his chin in thought.
"Yes, indeed, meeting the natives would be quite beneficial to all of us, and there are never enough of us Chosen to impress upon them the superior might of our army; we need make sure that the natives do not attempt to attack us." His smiles grows wider, and he taps Flame's shoulder in an affectionate, if quite informal way. "It will be my pleasure to accompany you."

Kell_tamer
2013-02-17, 06:29 PM
The fire aspect pats the Martial Artist on the back. Thats what I like to hear, Wave! a grin on his face Let's see if we can find anyone else to round out our ensemble. Maybe a wood aspect, their ability to heal may be just what we need to convince them of our might. He rubs his chin a moment. Didn't we come with a skilled student of the healing arts to begin with?

DukeGod
2013-02-17, 08:17 PM
As Varg walks with Lee and the team of medics, plus engineer, he decides he might just aswell start doing something besides being the one guy carrying the big sword.

So, he stops at a few plants here and there, smells them, feels them. Throw them in hot water generated by his artifact cup, smels the fumes, even tastes a bit. Some he downright chews and eats, somethings spitting but even swallong one or two, without a care in the world for the scolding Lee would try to pass "Don't eat X, don't drink Y" he thinks in his head.

He was an Earth Aspect for crying out loud. The odds that he'd find poison or disease strong enough to overcome him here, were rather low

Varg is looking for hebs, leaves and stuff. Anything that could be useful and is a plant?
Survival + Intelligence, or maybe one of the other mental attributes?
Well, Survival + Int or Wits has the same dicepool, if it's Perception disconsider the last two results
[roll0] 3 (or 2) Successes
And I'm hoping to get a stunt!
[roll1] +0/0/0 Successes

horus42
2013-02-18, 11:06 AM
As Varg goes through the various plants he found, he can tell from the taste and smells what is and isn't safe to eat or use in medicine.

Go ahead and take one die for that.

Random Word
2013-02-19, 06:29 PM
"Taking an interest in Natural Philosophy, Varg? It's good to see you're still expanding your horizons even at your age. I'm sure you'll be pleased to learn we have developed rather less crude methods of establishing the toxicity of substances than tasting them. While certainly true that whatever you ingest is unlikely to fell one blessed with the blood of the dragons, this also makes it a poor methodology for assessing the potential deleterious effects on those of less robust constitution," Lee points out, dryly.

DukeGod
2013-02-20, 03:48 PM
"I know of this since I was a kid. Me and some friends would go to the woods, get the heaviest branches we could find and use them as swords against each other. Sometimes we'd dare each other into eating some thing or two. This one time, So Jin pissed me, so I actually had the gull to go to the library and learn a lot, to dare him into eating the worst thing I could. Hah, what a good day that was"

Varg keeps picking the herbs and leaves, carrying them to someone of Lee's group whom he pretty much comandeered into helping him

"Then use your methods on what I tell you can be beneficial. At least to me. That way we save time. Altough of course the substance is not the only concern, but also the dosage. Blackroot makes for a great tea, even medicinal sometimes, but if you ingest too much of it, you shall meet yourself with a very burning fever, and your wounds will bleed longer before they heal"

Random Word
2013-02-22, 10:56 AM
Lee pauses and turns to re-examine Varg. "You know your plants. You grasp the duality of poison and treatment. I have, perhaps, misjudged you. Regardless, I counsel caution. This isn't the Creation you know, and what was once a delightful brew on a sunny afternoon may, after suffering the vagaries of the Wyld for a thousand years, be something else entirely. Keep your wits about you and I'm sure you'll be fine - from what I hear you're made of sterner stuff than most."

horus42
2013-02-23, 12:19 PM
(Just to kind of move things along)

Eventually, Varg and Lee are satisfied that the plants which are edible in Creation are also safe for consumption here. Rose leads them to an Auspicious Location, and Riva turns to Lee.

"Now that we're here, what exactly are you wanting me to do, Sir?"

While Wave and Flame are looking for a healer, they again come across Foss, who tells them that Lee is gone, but should return soon.

Random Word
2013-02-23, 05:15 PM
"Identify and chart as many of the local dragon lines as possible. We'll build a map and identify the most promising points of confluence to explore. These are the most likely sites of significant Shogunate facilities, should any remain undisturbed."

horus42
2013-02-23, 09:20 PM
Riva nods and brings a fist to his heart in salute. "I'll begin right away, Sir!" He calls to his assistants, and together they spend the next several hours mapping out the Dragon-Lines.

Kell_tamer
2013-02-23, 11:04 PM
Flame looks disappointed but shakes it off. Very well, Foss, when Lee returns please tell him to come find me.

He turns back to Wave. He clasps an arm around the martial artist as he leads him back to the makeshift camp.
So tell me Wave, what was it that brought you to the legion? Martial artists tend not to join the military, they tend to sequester themselves in meditation upon the world and essence. You however are a bit of an anomaly, and don't misunderstand, I am grateful to have a unique combatant in the field. But what was your reasoning?
It's clear that Flame is a people person and he has a certain charm to him, it is no wonder his men trust him, and are willing to follow him. He has a natural zeal about him.

horus42
2013-02-25, 11:02 AM
When Riva and his team finish, he reports back to Lee, handing him the map. "Shall we return to camp now, Sir?"

Random Word
2013-02-25, 10:19 PM
"Camp? Where's your spirit of adventure, man? Before us stands what may well be an entire continent unexplored since the fall of the Shogunate and you want to return to camp?" replies Lee, incredulous. "Give me that," he snaps, seizing the map. He examines it, brow furrowed, before settling on an intersection that looks promising and declaring, "We reconnoiter this location! Wherever it is. Rose, where is this?"

horus42
2013-02-26, 11:21 AM
Riva nods. "Of course, Sir."

Rose takes the map from Lee and looks it over for a few moments. "It's about 50 miles Northwest, Sir. Our best path would take us by the lake here." She points to the map. "And then continuing on until we reach it."

Random Word
2013-02-26, 03:21 PM
"Excellent! We will find a suitable location from which to observe it, Varg will give us his tactical assessment and, should he approve, we will move in and evaluate the potential archaeological significance. And the potential value to the Legion, of course," adds Lee as an afterthought.

horus42
2013-02-26, 03:30 PM
At Lee's command, the group moves out, setting of towards the lake that Rose pointed out on the map. It takes a few hours to get there, and as Lee and Varg approach, they see that the Legion has moved its camp to the shores of the lake.

DukeGod
2013-02-26, 09:33 PM
"Well Pasiap turn me into bloodstone. Attis moved camp did he? I'm not sure I'd want my lake(edit) camp to stand that close to a lake unless I can tell there are no water monsters inside it though..."

Random Word
2013-02-28, 07:11 PM
"Well, that was unexpected. You appear to have been correct, Riva. We shall indeed return to camp. No use passing up a good lunch. We set out again after everyone is done."

horus42
2013-02-28, 07:18 PM
Lee, Varg, and their men arrive back at camp, and come across Flame and Wave as they're talking, looking for more Dragon-Blooded.

Random Word
2013-03-03, 01:57 PM
Lee hands the map to Rose, "Get someone to have this map copied and distributed to the Captain, recon, and intelligence. Everyone who needs it should sit down to lunch and meet back here in an hour. I'd ask you to dine with me, Varg, but I understand you won't be indulging in that particular pleasure for several days at least. Regardless, the invitation stands. I would be most interested to hear what you think of the Legions current situation." He then sets off to find his steward. "A light lunch if you would, Mr. Yache. Something quick to prepare that travels well - I'll take any extra portions with me."

DukeGod
2013-03-05, 09:19 PM
"Pfft. Pleasure. You overrate the value of "eating". If I have my tea, all will be good. But you're right, I'd rather not waste any food simply to nourish myself. Go do your pesky eating, I'll see what those two children right there are squabbling about more dragon-blooded. I bet they're lonely and want someone to play with"

He turns towards Wave and Flame

"Hey you two. What are you going on about?"

Kell_tamer
2013-03-06, 02:02 PM
Flame stands at attention to the earth aspect before him. Sir! I am in the process of recruiting some of the dragon blooded for a meeting in the morning with the leader of one of the native tribes. We are attempting peaceful relations with them and they have no experience with the Exalted beyond legend passed down. I am attempting to gather as many aspects as I can to make this meeting so we can establish that if they help us, they will make powerful allies, or if they cross us, it would not bode well for their village.

DukeGod
2013-03-10, 09:34 PM
Varg holds Flame's shoulders with his hands, and smiles

"Lee should be here. This is how true legionaires should behave. Yes. So, who do you got so far? I can go with you, that at least will mean I can talk to the actually important people of these tribes you say and they don't have to think every Exateld we brought is some impetuous hatchling with not enough sense in their airheads"

Kell_tamer
2013-03-10, 09:56 PM
Flames smiles slightly at the offer. Of course sir, I would be honored to have an esteemed son of Pasiap. I was just talking with Black Wave Rising here and he agreed to join us as well. I had also figured we would take Lee with us, flaky though he may seem, as a wood aspect, showing the power of his medicinal ability is a potent bartering tool for our negotiation with the natives.
He remains at attention until told otherwise. Varg can tell that despite Flame's rank, he easily could have risen higher in the military with his discipline and handling. Perhaps he likes the more close knit nature of the smaller groups. It is not uncommon for active and younger Dragon-bloods to prefer working in smaller units rather than being a voice behind others. A youthful desire to be at the front lines.

DukeGod
2013-03-12, 08:45 PM
"Alright. At ease. His medicinal skills are it? At times like these I hope Kairi had turned out to be Dragon-Blooded too..."

Varg sits on the ground, and makes a small fire. He wills his artifact cup to be filled with water, then puts it on the fire, well aware that it would be unharmed

He knew he could just will tea, but the thing seemed to use his memories as base for taste, and he didn't always think that matched the true flavor. Once it's heat enough, he takes some leaves from his person, which he apparently deemed to important to give to Lee's assitant and throws them in the water.
Blackroot leaves as a matter of fact

horus42
2013-03-14, 08:53 PM
(Just to sort of move things along)

At that moment, a courier runs up to you all, panting for breath, as if she had been running all over camp. She's a slight woman, with short blonde hair, but dressed in Legion armor. It's possible she's a Terrestrial. "Sirs, one of the scouting groups ran into a tribe of natives to the southeast. Things didn't go well... only one of them escaped alive. He says the natives plan to attack."

Kell_tamer
2013-03-14, 09:44 PM
Flame shoulder's his spear. How far are they and how big of a group? The fire aspect knew conflict was inevitable at some point. He had just hoped it wouldn't be so soon.

horus42
2013-03-14, 09:52 PM
"I don't know for certain, Sir. A few hours march, at least. And the numbers could be anywhere from several hundred to a few thousand.""

Kell_tamer
2013-03-14, 10:14 PM
Flame places a hand comfortingly on the girls shoulder. Don't worry, we will take care of it. We're the legion. They will soon learn what that truly means. A calm smile on the mans face shows his lack of worry on the situation. He was Exalted, this kind of fighting was part and parcel of the experience. Have you informed Captain Attis?

horus42
2013-03-14, 10:17 PM
She shakes her head. "No, he was the one who told me to spread the word." She takes a deep dreath before continuing, though it does seem like Flame's reassuring hand on her shoulder has helped to steady her. "But the worst part is that they aren't human... They're beastmen."

Kell_tamer
2013-03-14, 10:19 PM
Beastmen? Was there an anathema with them or was it just them? He glances back at Varg to see his reaction to the whole thing.

Random Word
2013-03-14, 10:24 PM
"Ah, natives! Fascinating. Perhaps after we route them on the battlefield some may be enticed to recount their myths and legends - they could be invaluable evidence and a good test of several leading theories about the history of the Shogunate. First the wounded, of course. Show me where this skirmish happened," orders Lee as he once again dons his armour.

Kell_tamer
2013-03-14, 10:35 PM
Flame glances at the wood aspect. So is the armor there for an actual fight or to keep the doctor protected. I trust you are a skilled archer as any respected wood aspect is.

DukeGod
2013-03-14, 11:24 PM
Varg was unfazed. A bit annoyed actually

"I guess that means I need to start doing my job. Should warn my troops. What are Attis order's so far?"

horus42
2013-03-14, 11:30 PM
"Standard orders for an impending attack, Sir. Create defensive positions, and be ready for their arrival. He's leaving the specifics up to his commanders."

DukeGod
2013-03-14, 11:47 PM
"Yes. I'm sure he is. What kind of beastmen are we dealing with here?"

horus42
2013-03-14, 11:50 PM
"Guessing from what the scout said, they're wolfmen, Sir."

Random Word
2013-03-17, 03:11 PM
"Now is not the time for whatever silly game you're playing, Flame. If no one else intends to see if those men can be saved I will do it myself." He turns to those elements of his unit within earshot, "Combat stations, prep all operating theatres for casualties, get the field triage units back here to refit and then into position, MOVE!" orders Lee as he sprints off in search of an officer capable of giving him the last known position of the ambushed men and then attempts to locate them.

DukeGod
2013-03-17, 03:59 PM
"What? No. Belay that, all of you!"

Varg tries to hold Lee in place, for now at least. He does understand he's trying to order around people he has no actual authority over, but he trusts that at least they can listen to someone with good sense

"Lee, you moron, we are not going to put our medics anywhere near those wolfmen! The only ones going are us you hear that? You, Flame, get us cart to haul any man back" he turns to the courier "Send word to my unit. They are to perform quick scouting at best half a click away from camp, set up ambush positions. They are not to attack unless I send the command. Tell them I'll send commmand through the wind if need be"

Kell_tamer
2013-03-17, 08:31 PM
He salutes Varg and heads out to gather a cart. Flame knows better than to get into an argument with a superior officer.

horus42
2013-03-18, 04:40 PM
The men begin to carry out Lee's orders, until Varg tells them otherwise. They then go out to scout, watching for the approaching beastmen. The courier sets off again, to further spread the word.

Meanwhile, Varg, Lee, Flame, and Wave go off to see if any of the other men who met with the wolfmen are coming back alive. After a few hours... no one comes.

horus42
2013-03-18, 09:50 PM
When it becomes clear that the scouts that were sent are most likely dead, the group moves on, deeper into enemy territory. Eventually, after miles of walking through the forest, you can hears the sounds of them making camp. The sun is beginning to set, and it sounds as though they'll wait until dawn to attack.

Trees crash as they're cut down for fires, and the smell of smoke fills your noses. Which is good, it means that you're upwind from them, and they can't smell you coming.

As you all get closer, you can hear them talking in a guttural, snarling language that you can't understand.

Random Word
2013-03-18, 10:24 PM
"Our chances of finding these men alive grow slimmer by the moment. One last sweep to see if the bodies can be located, if nothing else? We may chance upon some opportunity target of strategic significance to strike before we withdraw." whispers Lee, crouched in the underbrush. "I'm certain we could slay a great many of them on our own, but it would hardly be an efficient allocation of resources."

Kell_tamer
2013-03-18, 10:32 PM
Flame awaits Varg's orders, Assuming the request for a closer look is going to be requested, he readies his camouflage unit on his armor. While waiting however he feeds a little of his essence into the unit the enhance his senses. He cups a hand around his ear simply to help funnel the voices over whatever wind may be coming in.

Dice Roll, Perception + Awareness + 2 from armor then whatever stunt you reward. Just pluck the dice from that pool he spends a mote of personal to activate the armors feature for 1 minute.

[roll0]

stunt (doubt i got 3 but i'm just rolling them all as per standard practice)
[roll1]

horus42
2013-03-18, 10:38 PM
Flame hears their speech, but the language doesn't sound like noises a human mouth could make. It has more in common with the sort of sounds wolves make, all growls, snarls, and short barks. He can't tell what they're saying.

DukeGod
2013-03-18, 11:22 PM
"Yes well, I fight a lot better with tactics as one would expect of a Earth Aspect. Now their number is a bit alarming. Let's do a quick sweep. Flame, change of plans, we're gonna talk to that other native group of yours, maybe we can get some allies to fight against these things. I hope they stay up late..."

Kell_tamer
2013-03-18, 11:29 PM
Flame nods the acknowledgement.

horus42
2013-03-18, 11:35 PM
The group moves away from the beastmen camp.

Everyone roll Dexterity+Stealth, please.

DukeGod
2013-03-19, 10:31 PM
Varg moves away, making some shooing motions towards his companions so that they go away too. He tries to be silent at least...

But his mind is quite occupied in making the first tactics. He had a really cool idea already...it tapped a lot into the fundamentals, but he was certain it could work!

Welp, those rolls are my bane
See me fail!
[roll0]
Edit:OH hey, not bad. 2 sux!

horus42
2013-03-19, 10:47 PM
Each of you manages to sneak away without being heard. You walk for hours through the twilight and the early night until you reach the village of the Obsidian Talons tribe.

Two men bearing spears, and accompanied by Claw Striders, try to stop you, but a third man comes up, saying that he recognizes Flame from earlier, and that he is Exalted. He goes off to fetch Marat, who comes over, his Claw Strider blinking blearily, as if she had just woken up, but couldn't bear to leave her master's side.

"You're early." is all that the big man says, his expression unreadable.

DukeGod
2013-03-19, 11:18 PM
Varg looks at Flame. He was the one who knew these people, he should do at least the initial part of the talking

Kell_tamer
2013-03-20, 08:38 AM
Flame does a polite bow. He know courtesy is in order for such a transgression. I'm sorry to disturb you and your people Marat, but recent circumstances have forced our hand in pursuing allies in this land. He gestures to the earth and wood aspect by his side. These are my fellow Exalted. Varg and Chuzei Amilar Lee, of the Earth and Wood respectively. He removes his helmet out of respect. One of our mortal patrols was attacked by Beastmen, wolfmen by the looks of it. They appear to be trying to make an assault on us by morning. He looks to Marat, with intense eyes. Essence infusing his speech. We have much we can offer you in return for aid in dealing with this enemy.

Charisma + Presence +2 personal motes on an excellency for 4 extra dice
[roll0]
whatever stunt you award
[roll1]

horus42
2013-03-20, 12:58 PM
For once, Marat's eyes fly open, as if in fear. "So you ran into the Canim. I'm sorry for the men you lost, but my tribe won't be enough to stop them if they're after your blood." He pauses for a moment, before continuing. "If you could convince the other tribes to help too, you might stand a chance. But the Canim... they're brutal warriors. The most powerful nation on Carna."

Carna... the word sounds odd, but it must mean this fragment of Creation, it's what the natives call their world.

Kell_tamer
2013-03-20, 01:27 PM
Flame glances to Varg. He knew he could blaze his anima and intimidate them into helping, but Flame was not the type who liked using fear as a weapon against those he would like to eventually call friends. He doubted they had the time to get the other tribes to help but anything was worth a shot to try. Where are these other tribes?

horus42
2013-03-20, 01:32 PM
"The lands of the closest tribe, the Ivory Fangs, isn't very far. A few hours walk." He pauses, and looks Flame in the eyes. "I do want to help you, you know. Even if we fail, my warriors and I will stand by your side against the Canim, in hopes that The One will bless us in death."

I guess I should have made it more clear in my last post that Marat does want to help, he just doesn't want to die, if he can avoid it. The roll to convince him totally worked.

Kell_tamer
2013-03-20, 03:52 PM
Flame nods. You seem worried, do not be, you fight alongside the Chosen. He clasps a hand upon Marat's shoulder. I need you to tell me the names of the leaders of any tribe in range who could reach our camp in the next few hours. I also need a name of any location and how far it is. We will do the rest.

He looks to Varg. We will send them a message, a message only the Dragons can send.

Wind Carried words technique + Presence attacks = we get allies through playing on superstition and awesome use of charms.

DukeGod
2013-03-20, 04:32 PM
"Hmph. That is quite true. These Canim will face Exalted this time. More than just superior capabilities, our powers can actually make entire armies fight better"

Random Word
2013-03-21, 12:25 AM
Lee eyes Marat and his party critically, biting his lip. He turns to Varg and whispers quietly, "These natives appear to lack both essence weapons and essence wielders. Their weapons are of passable quality, their doctrines and training unlikely to be the equal of our own. I appreciate their desire to help, but I fear they will suffer vastly disproportionate casulaties to our own forces and they do not seem to have the medical acumen to cope. If the Canim hold only a moderate martial edge over this tribe, what hope would they have against a fully equipped Legion of Lookshy? This feels like exploitation more than cooperation. A dozen of them will suffer fatal wounds for every man of ours we spare the tender mercies of our essence wielding triage units. Is their assistance a genuine tactical necessity, or merely a diplomatic bonding exercise to be tempered in their blood?"

DukeGod
2013-03-22, 09:21 AM
"They're familiar with the area, probably know it better than our scouts. Could help us find vantange points. I think that if the squad that they're part of, act as the skirmishers, hitting quickly and then falling back, we could make them get out with not that many casualties. Also, if they have one of us Earth Aspects with them, we can use Essence to improve their capability as an army."

horus42
2013-03-22, 10:15 AM
Marat looks to Flame and says, "The chieftain of the Ivory Fangs is named Tarek, the Diamond Hooves' chieftaness is Kitai, and the Bronze Feathers' chieftain is Merfet." He goes on to describe the locations of each tribe's main village, so that Flame can send his message. All of them are within range.

Random Word
2013-03-22, 06:54 PM
"Your plan seems sound. They could be invaluable as scouts and skirmishers. So long as they aren't used as front line combatants I'll support their temporary induction as auxiliaries."

Kell_tamer
2013-03-22, 07:39 PM
Flame nods at his companions. Alright, i'll contact Tarek, Varg, you contact Kitai, and Lee, you get Merfet.

He utters his name and his location.
Chieftain Tarek, at he Ivory Fangs Camp

He breathes in his essence and channels the words to the winds. Lacing it with the urgency of the matter.

Tarek, The Chosen call for aid. Bring your men to their camp by the lake near the obsidian talon's camp before morning! Prepare for battle!

Wind carried words technique carrying a presence excellency for 2 motes mote expenditure for charm is dependent on how far the camp is + 1 for out of aspect. ( yes its exactly 25 words, its within the limit less if he was given a lake name but message generally the same )
8 dice + 4 excellency
[roll0]
any stunt you give
[roll1]

horus42
2013-03-24, 04:39 PM
I'll just assume that similar messages were sent, as per Flame's request, to the other chiefs.

A few hours later, a large group of people came. They looked much like the Obsidian Talons, but with small pieces of ivory and bones braided into their long hair. And instead of a claw strider companion, each of the Ivory Fangs was followed by a large saber-toothed tiger.

One of them, a man larger than many of the others, with a scar running across his left eye, walked up to Marat and the Exalted. "I am Tarek, Chieftain of the Ivory Fangs. I heard your call, noble Chosen, and came to answer."

Similar scenes play out as the other two tribes arrive, accompanied by their horses and eagles. Their leaders come and introduce themselves, each one ready to fight the Canim side by side with the Legion.

DukeGod
2013-03-24, 09:57 PM
(Sorry about not replying, I was kinda feverish)

"Now that we've all gathered, every minute will counit. The Canim made camp, but they will likely go back to marching in the morning

Tell me everything you know about them. And the area around in particular. I mean, lakes, large clusters of trees, places where the Wyld might touch..."

Kell_tamer
2013-03-24, 11:31 PM
Flame places a hand on Varg's shoulder. Sir, I understand the urgency but a little formality is in order for our new allies.

He approaches tarek, helmet tucked under his arm, spear shouldered along his back. His hand is extended. Greetings Noble and Great Chieftan Tarek, I am Third Victorious Flame, Chosen of the Dragon of Fire. I was the one who contacted you. Let me say it is a pleasure to meet you face to face, sadly i wish it was under more pleasant circumstances.

Flames stance and nature is both relaxed yet confident. He is every bit the upstanding fire aspect. He was clearly taught the way of the words along with the way of the blade.

I did not call you here simply to talk, though i would very much hope we can discuss more in the future, no I asked you out here for aid in fighting the Canim. Exalted though me and my companions may be, do not constitute our whole army, and if we can have aid in the form of those who have done battle with our new enemy, well only a fool turns down an advantage like that. I hope that after this we can begin talks about becoming true allies!

horus42
2013-03-25, 08:13 PM
"The Canim? You ask us to fight against them?" He looks very slightly afraid, then suddenly grins. "A truly great challenge. I hope my people impress you, noble Chosen." He nods his head deeply, a sign of respect.

DukeGod
2013-03-26, 02:22 PM
"If I hear one more word about how good the Canim are, I'm gonna join them myself..."

horus42
2013-03-26, 02:57 PM
"Make no mistake, noble Chosen, I have no doubt that the Canim will fall before the might of the Exalted. They will underestimate you, and that will be their undoing."

Random Word
2013-03-27, 10:08 PM
"And you'll stay on the periphery until we give the word, or it may well be your undoing. Once the enemy offensive is routed your cavalry can pursue and cut them down as they retreat. For now you'll assist us by helping us locate the optimal battlefield and guiding our units into position. As auxilliaries you will serve as skirmishers and reserves. Answer Evocati Therin's questions promptly, we have no time to waste."

horus42
2013-03-28, 01:37 PM
Tarek nods in assent and acknowledgement, and goes off with Marat to rally the tribesmen and carry out their orders. Varg's questions yield a number of results:

The Canim are larger and stronger than a human.

They have a strict Caste system, and make up several nations, and fight each other as often as anyone else.

They possess the most disciplined and strongest armies on Carna.

It's rumored that some of them have strange magics.

As for the terrain, the only large lake nearby is the one the Legion is camped. There's a river that runs south from it, towards the forest where the Canim are now camped, and towards the area where the Legion first set foot on Carna. But as far as they can tell, the Wyld rarely has any affect here, if at all.

DukeGod
2013-03-30, 07:31 PM
"Hah, alright. Standard fight tactics could work then

Let's start planning. It's been long since I had an enemy other than normal humans. This should be interesting"

Kell_tamer
2013-03-30, 10:28 PM
Flame figuring he knows his best place is on the frontlines chimes in. Sir, if you don't mind me tooting my own horn a bit. I am one of the best lancers we have in the legion. If I may be so bold as to request front line positioning. Try to thin them out as much as possible while the archers provide cover. I can have my men mixed in with some of the rest of the legion provide a flank as they approach so we can surround and pincer them as they come rushing in.

DukeGod
2013-04-04, 02:18 PM
"Pincers are too common. I'm considering putting men on high trees, and them have them drop and attack from mid-enemies army. It's dangerous, but if we use the most capable man here, and have them focus on carving a way out of where they are we could split their ranks. Than a heavy enough hit from upfront should break them...But I'm not sure if the trees can actually make the plan viable, or if they will go through them"

Kell_tamer
2013-04-13, 07:00 PM
Flame nods. Well sir, if you need a volunteer i have no problem dropping right into the enemies center. I have no fear my skill with a spear would lead me to carving my way out of them while thinning their numbers severely. He looks to varg with severity and bravery. You say the word and I shall be the fire that burns them from within.