PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a 1-2 level dip for an archivist

Seer_of_Heart
2013-02-06, 10:12 PM
I am building an NPC for my campaign and I was looking to find 1-2(maybe 3) levels of a dip or 2 for an archivist 5. If necessary archivist 6 can be taken to qualify for the PRC. Ideally I would like something keeps spell progression and grants turning. Also a big hit die wouldn't hurt, but its not absolutely critical. You may think I'm crazy but I gave the npc 4 con :smalltongue:

Treblain
2013-02-06, 10:25 PM
The only good, conveniently accessible option that advances spellcasting and grants turning is Sacred Exorcist, which needs a higher level than 5. Ruathar (RotW) is a 3 level PrC that you qualify for at level 5 and advances casting.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-02-06, 10:38 PM
Paragnostic Apostle (CC) is a natural dip for any caster.

Divine Oracle (CD) for two or four levels gets Evasion and possibly Uncanny Dodge, and you can get its feat prerequisite via the Frog God's Fane in CS.

A Cloistered Cleric dip is the easiest way to get turning, and you can pick up Knowledge Devotion and two domains as a bit of a bonus. Planning and Undeath gets you Extend Spell and Extra Turning, so probably exactly what you're after.

Seer_of_Heart
2013-02-06, 10:46 PM
A Cloistered Cleric dip is the easiest way to get turning, and you can pick up Knowledge Devotion and two domains as a bit of a bonus. Planning and Undeath gets you Extend Spell and Extra Turning, so probably exactly what you're after.

Yeah, this seems like it would be the best option for me unfortunately. :smallfrown: I was hoping that he could get a turning dip without loosing another caster level since he already lost 2(or will lose I suppose).