PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5 Ranged Scout Advice

Bentley125
2013-02-06, 10:35 PM
Hey guys I'm new here and I was looking for some help with my new character. I plan on being a Scout and I want to deal a lot of damage while keeping a stealthy profile. I'm fairly new to D&D so this might be an awful build, so feel free to tell me if it is. This is what I have so far:

7 levels of Scout, followed by 2 levels of Fighter and an additional level in Scout.

At level 1 I would get Point Blank Shot, and as a human I would take Rapid Shot as a bonus feat. At level 4 I would take Precise Shot as my Scout bonus feat, and then after 7 levels of Scout I would go into Fighter and take the Manyshot and Greater Manyshot feats with the first two Fighter levels. I would take one more class of Scout to get Improved Skirmish as a bonus Scout feat, bringing my Precision-Based bonuses up to +4 to AC and +4d6 per shot with Greater Manyshot. My attack options with a BAB of +8/+3 after that are either a.) a Full-round attack (+6/+1/+6 [3rd shot acquired with Rapid Shot for -2 to BAB] for 1d8+4d6 each) or b.) a Standard-action attack (+4/+4 for 1d8+4d6 each).

After that I was thinking about a.) taking a couple more levels in Fighter to boost my BAB to have all four attacks at level 20 (albeit a weak 4th) giving me 5 attacks with Rapid Shot with +7d6 Precision-Based damage or 4 attacks and a move action with Greater Manyshot, b.) moving into Rogue levels to get more Precision-Based damage and just moving each turn (with increased speed from the initial Scout levels) to flank my opponents each turn and deal hella high amounts of Precision-Based damage, or c.) I could move to a PrC like Peerless Archer or Deepwood Sniper.

Again this may be terrible to someone who knows the game better, but any suggestions or advice on how to proceed would be much appreciated! Thanks!

TuggyNE
2013-02-07, 12:06 AM
You might try shifting to a Scout/Ranger base; Swift Hunter stacks your skirmish progression and lets you apply it to some crit-immune creature types, and Ranger gives you full BAB and almost as good of feats as Fighter levels.

The usual plan in that case is either Scout 3/Ranger X or Scout 4/Ranger X.

Bentley125
2013-02-07, 01:58 AM
Hmmm, I'll into that, thanks!

Gavinfoxx
2013-02-07, 05:17 AM
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=103

Swift Hunter handbook!