PDA

View Full Version : PF fighter help

Harugami
2013-02-06, 11:26 PM
I've always been a healer as it suits me to play one but I was thinking maybe of trying something new maybe fighter or barbarian, and I was wondering is there anyway a medium character in pathfinders could wield a large scythe (granted I put 18-20 in str)

I like the weapon and its stats but I hate d4s with a passion mostly because every time someone sees them they make the cheesy caltrop joke, and it would get old if every time I cut someone in half they made some stupid joke about him falling onto caltrops and bleeding to death. Anyway large 2h weapon for medium in PF any ideas?:smallbiggrin:

Baroncognito
2013-02-06, 11:33 PM
There's a racial ability for Tieflings that allows them to use weapons that are one size category larger.

And depending what level you're starting at, you could grab the enchantment "Impact"

Alternatively, just make a small fighter.

Harugami
2013-02-06, 11:35 PM
I've been searching all the books is that the only one? I don't mind playing Tiefling but I wanted to try Sulis

Edit: that large arm thing sounds kinda funny though

the clumsy bard
2013-02-06, 11:36 PM
well off hand there is the barbarian archetype titan mauler (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/paizo---barbarian-archetypes/titan-mauler)

or half giants (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/races/half-giant)

Baroncognito
2013-02-06, 11:37 PM
If you're allowed third party books, there's a feat "Lighten Weapon" wherein you can use a type of weapon as if it were one size category smaller.

Ravenica
2013-02-06, 11:39 PM
you already can, you simply take a -4 penalty for using an incorrectly sized weapon

of course you can get enlarged to make your damage dice even bigger too (your weapon grows with you muahaha)

Harugami
2013-02-06, 11:42 PM
you already can, you simply take a -4 penalty for using an incorrectly sized weapon

of course you can get enlarged to make your damage dice even bigger too (your weapon grows with you muahaha)

The book says that large one handed are 2h for medium and large 2h and unusable I hate asking for home rules especialy when its unnecessary rp wise

Titan mauler looks nice but I'm a bit unclear on the combination of jotun grip and massive weapon, Although it says you can wield 2h weapons in 1h it says only for your size the next one only lowers its penalty so by that ruling I could duel wield 2h weapons but not wield a single weapon 1 size larger

"may choose to wield a two-handed melee weapon in one hand with a –2 penalty on attack rolls while doing so. The weapon must be appropriately sized for her"
"The attack roll penalty for using weapons too large for her size is reduced by 1"
If this is true I wouldn't get 2h large weapons, I could get 2 large 1h weapons but not a 2h large weapon.:smallfrown:

Ravenica
2013-02-06, 11:45 PM
Paizo's premade character Amiri is a barbarian wielding a large sized greatsword at a -4 penalty, the rule exists i just don't recall where exactly

edit: nevermind, it's a bastard sword, brain fart

Occasional Sage
2013-02-06, 11:50 PM
Is your DM ok with players providing fluff descriptions of their actions? Simply give the most terrible, graphic, shocking verbal image of the results of death-by-scythe you can conceive. Betcha if you do well, you won't hear d4 jokes.

Harugami
2013-02-06, 11:53 PM
My dm encourages us to describe our deathblows and if we do well enough he lets us roll intimidate on each other sometimes