PDA

View Full Version : PF Kobold Help

Kyberwulf
2013-02-07, 06:49 AM
I don't know if this has been talked about. A subject came up in last weeks session. It's about Kobolds. In the Advance Race.
Three things

Gliding Wings. pg.133

Feats.
Draconic Glide Pg 136

Draconic Paragon Pg. 137

The Problem is wording on the abilities.
Most of the confusion comes from the feat Draconic Glide. As it mentions the Racial Trait, Gliding Wings. We don't know what they mean. We have looked elsewhere for rules clarification.

Baroncognito
2013-02-07, 07:57 PM
I think it's a bit of a misprint.

Look at Draconic Aspect, it gives you energy resistance 5 and changes your scale colour if you have the natural armour trait. It gives you natural armour +1 if you have the Dragon-Scaled trait.

If I remember correctly, during the playtest having the Gliding Wings trait took away 10 feet from your base move, giving you a move of 20. So if you had Gliding Wings and you took the Draconic Glide trait, your move speed would go up to 30.

However, since Gliding Wings now replaces crafty, taking Draconic Glide if you have Gliding Wings accomplishes nothing. It should probably be changed to be "If you take Draconic Glide and you already have Gliding Wings, you get a +2 bonus against sleep and paralysis and you can take either crafty, jester, or beast-bond."

And for Draconic Paragon, the text should probably read "Your wings from Draconic Glide or Gliding Wings"

Harugami
2013-02-07, 10:33 PM
This is the featBenefit: You gain a +2 bonus against sleep and paralysis effects. You grow a pair of wings that you can use to fall and glide at a safe pace. You can make a DC 15 Fly check to fall safely from any height without taking falling damage, as if using feather fall. When falling safely, you may make an additional DC 15 Fly check to glide, moving 5 feet laterally for every 20 feet you fall.

Special: If you have the gliding wings racial trait, instead of the above abilities, your base speed increases to 30 feet.
This is the trait Gliding Wings Some kobolds are born with wings that, while too weak for actual flying, do allow them to fall at a very slow and safe pace. A kobold with wings can use them to glide. It can make a DC 15 Fly check to fall safely from any height without taking falling damage, as if using feather fall. When falling safely, it may make an additional DC 15 Fly check to glide, moving 5 feet laterally for every 20 feet it falls. This racial trait replaces crafty.Basically it gives the trait plus sleep and para resist or if you have the trait if ups your fly speed by 10

Edit: It says base speed and I'm assumming that it ment the speed of 5 feet per 20 you fall which would make sense if you think of spyros glide when his wings get bigger
Draconic paragon:
You gain an additional +2 bonus against sleep and paralysis effects. You can use your breath weapon twice per day and your breath weapon damage increases to 4d6 points of energy damage. Your wings from the Draconic Glide feat grow stronger, granting you a fly speed of 20 feet (average maneuverability).this feat needs either the trait or the feat you don't need both

Baroncognito
2013-02-08, 03:27 AM
Edit: It says base speed and I'm assumming that it ment the speed of 5 feet per 20 you fall which would make sense if you think of spyros glide when his wings get biggerh

I'm not sure about that. Hero lab now says "if you have the Gliding Wings trait, instead of the above abilities, your base speed increases to 40."

Harugami
2013-02-08, 11:31 AM
I really don't trust hero lab every time one of our group shows up with a hero lab CS half the stuff on it is wrong or illegal, that being said it wouldn't really make sense that having a heavier body with something wide that increases your air friction wouldn't make you faster unless you flap them while you run along the ground which is still pretty stupid looking IMO.

Kyberwulf
2013-02-08, 05:58 PM
Therein lies the crux of the argument. The player in question wants it to be he can fly at 30', if he has both Gliding Wings and Draconic glide. That is an interesting point about the playtest. That seems to have some validity to it. Thanks for the help ^_^