PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Cereal

Popertop
2013-02-07, 07:18 AM
I recently bought a box of that new Crunchy Shredded Wheat cereal, and I hated it. I didn't even finish the one bowl I poured, and I'm not even mad I'm wasting the rest of the box. Usually I can stomach a cereal I don't enjoy that much, but I feel fine never eat it again. :smallyuk:

I usually try to expand my boundaries and try new things, food especially, but this time it really didn't pay off.

Oddly enough, the generic value Raisin Bran I bought the same day is the best cereal I've ever eaten. I'm even having a bowl as I type this. :smalltongue:

What cereals have you had bad experiences with?

Any unexpected favorites?

Grinner
2013-02-07, 06:44 PM
Muesli is delicious.

nedz
2013-02-07, 07:54 PM
Dallas was terrible, and don't get me started on Dynasty, ...

Oh yeah — Musli, pre-soaked overnight in fruit juice, is delicious.

JoshL
2013-02-07, 08:05 PM
The worst cereal I've ever had in my life. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht-hHfkMAo8)

I used to be really into Total, doubly so Total Raisin Bran. And now have a barely controllable craving for it.

boj0
2013-02-07, 08:06 PM
I for the life of me cannot enjoy Frosted Flakes; I can't eat them fast enough so they get soggy. Then they just sat around and became stale, going to waste when I eventually threw them out.

Lucky Charms, however, is the greatest invention in the history of breakfast cereals.

Roland St. Jude
2013-02-07, 08:17 PM
I recently bought a box of that new Crunchy Shredded Wheat cereal, and I hated it. I didn't even finish the one bowl I poured, and I'm not even mad I'm wasting the rest of the box. Usually I can stomach a cereal I don't enjoy that much, but I feel fine never eat it again. :smallyuk:One way to avoid wasting it would be to crush or food process it up and use it as breading, though I suppose it depends why you hate it so much.

There's this puffed rice cereal that is completely unflavored and is exactly like what (I would imagine) eating stryofoam pellets would be like. Tasteless, spongy, chewy, and unrewarding.

Mystic Muse
2013-02-07, 08:48 PM
There's this puffed rice cereal that is completely unflavored and is exactly like what (I would imagine) eating stryofoam pellets would be like. Tasteless, spongy, chewy, and unrewarding.

My guess would be either Rice Krispies (My dad eats them with Karo syrup) or Kix, both of which are pretty darn bland.

I do not like Golden Grahams one bit.

Cinnamon life doesn't manage to stay in existence for more than a few days in this house. I wish it didn't get so soggy so quickly, but it is delicious.

Traab
2013-02-07, 10:47 PM
Grape nuts taste like neither grapes nor nuts. Discuss. Ugh, I hated that stuff. Gimmie my cocoa puffs and my milk which quickly becomes chocolate milk, mmmmm. IM COOCOO FOR COCOA PUFFS!

I like a rather large assortment of cereals which makes the fact that I havent eaten them in years sort of strange. Im very much so the type of guy who eats dinner for breakfast. Just this morning I had reheated chili nachos. Damn that was good. Tomorrow I will either have potstickers or buffalo chicken fingers.

Grinner
2013-02-07, 11:31 PM
A word of advice for consumers of soggy cereal:

Pile the cereal on one side of the bowl and fill the bowl with a reasonable amount of milk. Then, scoop the cereal at the bottom of the bowl first. The dry cereal at the top of the pile will slide down into the milk as you eat, ensuring that it does not become saturated.

TaiLiu
2013-02-08, 12:08 AM

My guess would be either Rice Krispies (My dad eats them with Karo syrup) or Kix, both of which are pretty darn bland.

I rarely eat cereal, but when I do, I usually go for the flavourless ones. I can't stomach the sugar they use in cereal: it makes me want to vomit every time.

Trog
2013-02-08, 12:37 AM
If you are referring to Rice Krispies you gots to put sugar on that, hoss. Good stuff. Ate that a lot growing up. It's crap without sugar, of course. Also good if you use only a small amount of milk and dredge the dry ones through it to get milk and still crisp rice puffs. Hmm... I should get that next time I go to the store. Got a craving now and it's been a long while since I had any kind of cereal.

I think Grape Nuts was the only cereal I had tried growing up that I didn't care for at all. Stuff sank like gravel and tasted similar.

Kjata
2013-02-08, 02:11 AM
Terrible cereal is redundant.

:smallbiggrin:

Serpentine
2013-02-08, 06:19 AM
American cereals seem really odd to me...

Anyway, WeetBix - especially with plenty of milk, brown sugar on top and put in the microwave for a minute, is where it's at.
Also Carmen's Muesli is pretty great.

I don't mind a bit of Froot Loops every now and then, but that stuff's dessert, not breakfast. Same with PopTarts.

edit: Goddammit now I want PopTarts. And I don't even have WeetBix any more -.-

nedz
2013-02-08, 07:31 AM
I quite like Just Right and also Crunchy Nut Cornflakes — also Porridge with salt and honey.

Serpentine
2013-02-08, 07:35 AM
I also like all of those.

GnomeFighter
2013-02-08, 08:34 AM
Currently I'm on Alpin. Love the stuff.
I like most non sugar laden cereal. Rice crispys are nice.

Coco pops are good, but I can't stand allot of the more "kid" market stuff. Lucky charms are horrid, sugar puffs are like eating stale pop corn with milk, cherios are horrid, and have a stupid name.

I used to hate anything without a ton of sugar in. To me corn flakes were nasty but now I love them. I think it might be an age thing.

KuReshtin
2013-02-08, 10:33 AM
I believe the cereal Roland might be referring to could be something like this (http://www.ciao.se/Axa_Vargarda_Ris_Puffat_Rostat__1052701), which is just puffed up and roasted rice. No flavour to it at all, but very good for baking chocolaty crispy cake things (http://mingodasida.blogspot.com/2009/12/rischoklad.html) (Note, page is in Swedish, but the picture of the baked goodies should stand on it's own).

I kind of like Cheerios and Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes. I like my cereal with a bit of flavour and a lot of sugar on it.

I think the best 'cereal' I've had, though, was the home made improvised cereal that my dad used to make where he took rolled oats/porridge oats/havregryn, poured light suryp on top and then milk over that. deliciously sticky, sweet and very filling.

Castaras
2013-02-08, 10:39 AM
I like Muesli with yogurt. At my uni, they sell pots of yogurt with some sort of jam/jelly stuff at the base, then yogurt, then muesli on top, and it's heavenly. :smallbiggrin:

Winter_Wolf
2013-02-08, 02:01 PM
I dislike any cereal which claims "high fiber" or something to do with daily fiber as a main selling point.

I also dislike that a bowl of "adult" cereal has no capacity to make me feel full/satiated but still takes up so many freaking calories from my daily diet allowance. I may as well be eating the super-sugar laden crap that people somehow think it's okay to feed to their kids.

Contrast that with: toast with coarse stone-ground mustard, one large scrambled/omelette egg with non-salt seasoning, two pieces of good cheese, and 1-2 oz. of sliced ham/turkey/chicken. Tastes MUCH better, offers satiation with staying power, and takes up less of my daily diet allowance.

My favorite unexpected cereal is from South Korea, called Jollypong or something. It's meant as a dry snack (as far as I can tell), but it's exactly Sugar Smacks (basically puffed barley and sugar) with enough less sugar to be able to eat it without feeling sick after. I've only ever seen it in Shanghai, and it wasn't exactly cheap, but there you go.

I could probably come close to duplicating it with a cheapo store-brand Bag o' Cereal from just about anywhere, but it takes me all of five minutes to prepare my preferred breakfast, which is fresh and I know all the ingredients that go into it.

Erloas
2013-02-08, 03:56 PM
I also dislike that a bowl of "adult" cereal has no capacity to make me feel full/satiated but still takes up so many freaking calories from my daily diet allowance.

Contrast that with: toast with coarse stone-ground mustard, one large scrambled/omelette egg with non-salt seasoning, two pieces of good cheese, and 1-2 oz. of sliced ham/turkey/chicken. Tastes MUCH better, offers satiation with staying power, and takes up less of my daily diet allowance.
I think you need to re-calculate that if you think your second meal is a lot less calories. Most cereals seem to sit around 150-175 calories per serving, with the lighter ones being around 100 and the higher ones being around 250, with milk adding between 80-150 calories depending if it is skim or whole or somewhere between. Or down to 35 calories for non-sweetened almond milk like I drink.

Toast depends a lot on the type of bread, with one slice running being between about 70 and 120 calories. One large egg being about 100 calories (depending on how you cook it), two pieces of cheese at about 70 calories a piece (again depending on type), and a slice of meat running about 50 calories each.

So the cereal is about 150+50 = 200 calories (varying from about 150 to 400 depending on type, using 50 because cereal generally calls for 1/2 a cup of milk and a full serving of milk is 1 cup) per serving. Your breakfast is about 100+100+2x70+50 = 390 calories. Given most people don't eat a single serving of cereal and there is a lot of variation available there, but you can eat about 2 servings of cereal to make up your breakfast calories.

That said, the high protein in your breakfast will make you feel full longer and there is a very high level of variability in the cereal options. Then of course there is a lot of contention of how good/bad for you bread is and it depends a lot on the type, with maybe ironically, the ones that are better for you generally being higher calorie.
Your breakfast choice is a good one, but its not as superior as you seem to think.

Spiryt
2013-02-08, 04:01 PM
I rarely eat cereal, but when I do, I usually go for the flavourless ones. I can't stomach the sugar they use in cereal: it makes me want to vomit every time.

Pretty much.

It sadly tends to be hard to find, almost every single one tends to have some disgusting bits glued up together with glucose syrup.... :smallfrown:

Tastes really bad and is terrible for health, obviously.

Aedilred
2013-02-08, 04:05 PM
All-Bran is pretty vile, although I like Bran Flakes, etc.. Oatibix is also on the "horrible" scale.

I like most other cereals, though, especially Grape Nuts (best with other cereals, rather than on their own, though). Generally I prefer the un-sugared varieties.

GrlumpTheElder
2013-02-08, 05:51 PM
I'll eat practically any cereal, except that yoghurt covered Special K.
Then again, I don't drink milk, so all cereals are a dry snack for me.

Winter_Wolf
2013-02-08, 09:06 PM
I think you need to re-calculate that if you think your second meal is a lot less calories. Most cereals seem to sit around 150-175 calories per serving, with the lighter ones being around 100 and the higher ones being around 250, with milk adding between 80-150 calories depending if it is skim or whole or somewhere between. Or down to 35 calories for non-sweetened almond milk like I drink.

Toast depends a lot on the type of bread, with one slice running being between about 70 and 120 calories. One large egg being about 100 calories (depending on how you cook it), two pieces of cheese at about 70 calories a piece (again depending on type), and a slice of meat running about 50 calories each.

So the cereal is about 150+50 = 200 calories (varying from about 150 to 400 depending on type, using 50 because cereal generally calls for 1/2 a cup of milk and a full serving of milk is 1 cup) per serving. Your breakfast is about 100+100+2x70+50 = 390 calories. Given most people don't eat a single serving of cereal and there is a lot of variation available there, but you can eat about 2 servings of cereal to make up your breakfast calories.

That said, the high protein in your breakfast will make you feel full longer and there is a very high level of variability in the cereal options. Then of course there is a lot of contention of how good/bad for you bread is and it depends a lot on the type, with maybe ironically, the ones that are better for you generally being higher calorie.
Your breakfast choice is a good one, but its not as superior as you seem to think.

I should not have used the word 'calories' in my original post. My diet plan doesn't count calories, per se: I'm on Weight Watchers which counts 'points', based on protein, carbs, dietary fiber, and fat. Hey, whatever works, right? It ensures I eat my veggies at least.

Also I have to eat two servings of cereal for my "one bowl" that still makes me feel like not eating for that little bit of time, which means that according to the nutritional info on the packages as run through the Weight Watchers calculator, it's 12 points for a bowl of cereal vs 11 points for my lovely sammich.

I am not pleasant to be around for any length of time when I'm hungry. Cereal keeps me "full" for about 10 minutes; the other breakfast lasts me 3-4 hours. From the point of view of being able to be around other people without getting crabby (and still be on a healthy diet that helps me lose weight), my sammich is quite superior to cereal for me. Everyone's gotta do what works for themselves.

Eldan
2013-02-08, 09:42 PM
Is Müesli a class of cereal now? :smallconfused:

Because I'm swiss, I'm reasonably sure we invented it, and I'm not thinking of it that way. To me, Müesli is when you take some kind of cereal, any kind really, and mix it with yogurth and fruits. Sometimes nuts as well.

Falling
2013-02-08, 09:44 PM
You know what I used to love, but can't stand now? Cookie Crisps. Seriously, I don't know how I ever stood those things. They're like flavorless wafers.

Grinner
2013-02-08, 09:52 PM
Is Müesli a class of cereal now? :smallconfused:

Because I'm swiss, I'm reasonably sure we invented it, and I'm not thinking of it that way. To me, Müesli is when you take some kind of cereal, any kind really, and mix it with yogurth and fruits. Sometimes nuts as well.

Muesli has transcended its Swiss roots and has become a cereal unto itself. This is the Age of Muesli.

Cower in fear before your new crunchy overlord! :smallfurious:

Honestly, American groceries caught onto it and now sell it alongside granola. So yeah, kinda. It sort of tastes like bran cereal though.

Edit: By the way, sorry about hijacking your culture.

Hiro Protagonest
2013-02-08, 10:00 PM
Muesli has transcended its Swiss roots and has become a cereal unto itself. This is the Age of Muesli.

Cower in fear before your new crunchy overlord! :smallfurious:

Never! We shall fight to the end for King Cheerios!

I do think Cheerios is the best cereal. It's got regular and sweetened (because let's face it, that's what Honey Nut is), for both types of taste.

I've never had Muesi, but I'm not about to give in to some foreign invader. *takes out an Mk 14, flips the safety, and pulls back the bolt*

Drakeburn
2013-02-08, 10:12 PM

I do think Cheerios is the best cereal. It's got regular and sweetened (because let's face it, that's what Honey Nut is), for both types of taste.

I've never had Muesi, but I'm not about to give in to some foreign invader. *takes out an Mk 14, flips the safety, and pulls back the bolt*

*sets on fire with a flamethrower*

Even though chocolate cheerios are my second favorite, Cinnamon Life Cereal is my top favorite. And I'll defend my opinion with my life!

Velaryon
2013-02-08, 10:21 PM
Grape Nuts made me ill the last time I ate them, which is just fine since they taste awful to me anyway. Also, most Chex variants outside of Rice, Wheat, and Corn don't appeal to me in the slightest.

I'm a bit weird in that I eat my cereal dry. I like milk, and I like cereal, but I don't like putting them together. I'll drink my milk on the side, thanks (with Quik in it usually).

As for favorite cereals, I think I'm developing an addiction to Raisin Bran Crunch. It rarely lasts more than about two days in my house, and several times I have eaten it as a snack.

Winter_Wolf
2013-02-08, 10:49 PM
I used to eat dry cereal sometimes. When I moved to China, I discovered that putting milk on cereal was considered bizarre by Chinese people. 'Course, so was eating cereal for breakfast. Clearly it's only a snack, and not to be eating in the morning! :smalltongue:

Chilingsworth
2013-02-08, 10:50 PM
I hate Sugar/Honey Smacks (two same cereal, just rebranded.) Always noticed a nasty bitter aftertaste to them.

I like Honey Bunches of Oats, Cheerios of all kinds, Forsted Flakes, and Chex.

I also like hot oatmeal with butter, sugar (or even better, maple syrup!), salt, and abit of milk.

Hiro Protagonest
2013-02-08, 11:00 PM
I also like hot oatmeal with butter, sugar (or even better, maple syrup!), salt, and abit of milk.

I like oatmeal with lots of maple syrup and blueberries, and a good amount of milk.

Ravens_cry
2013-02-08, 11:10 PM
I really like Life cereal, it's got a malty sweetness that isn't too much that I heartily enjoy, and Cinnamon Life is just a tasty snack.
Unfortunately, cereal has really gone up in price and I can no longer in all honestly afford it.

Chilingsworth
2013-02-08, 11:12 PM
I like oatmeal with lots of maple syrup and blueberries, and a good amount of milk.

I find it too soggy when I add alot of milk. I'll definately try the blueberries, though! :smallbiggrin:

I also eat dry cereal as a snack occationally.

Mewtarthio
2013-02-08, 11:44 PM

I'm guessing it was something like, well, this (http://www.quakeroats.com/products/cold-cereals/puffed/puffed-rice.aspx). I've never had that particular brand, but I have had similar types of cereal before. An interesting experience: When exposed to milk, the cereal turns into a strange soft substance with absolutely no flavor at all. When I was a child, I once ate a bunch of those starch-based packing peanuts. It was a similar experience to eating puffed rice cereal, except the packing peanuts had a much more pleasing taste and texture.

I'll eat practically any cereal, except that yoghurt covered Special K.

Even that weird Special K with the dehydrated strawberries? Granted, strawberries are a good addition to any non-sugary cereal (blueberries, too), but only when you use fresh ones!

Ravens_cry
2013-02-08, 11:55 PM
I like Kellogg's corn flakes with lots of white sugar, but ONLY Kellogg's. Store brands just don't work.

RdMarquis
2013-02-09, 12:00 AM
Kix by itself is pretty bland, but it goes well with a little vanilla ice cream.

I haven't had cereal for breakfast in a good long while, actually. I just eat it by the handful. Honey Nut Cherrios are my favorite.

Deepbluediver
2013-02-09, 12:33 AM
Maybe this is blasphemy to some people, but as a kid I always hated all those super sweet cereals that the TV comercials where always trying to sell me. Count-Chocula, Fruity Pebbles, Cookie Crisp, Trix, and I'm sure a few more; I tried and hated every one of them. And of course, since I had to beg my parents to buy me a box in the first place I always had to suffer through the entire thing or they'd never buy me anything again.

In college I would occasionally eat Lucky Charms, but most often as a dessert option. It makes a nice toping for ice cream. :smallsmile:

One of my all time favorite cereals was/is Kix (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kix_(cereal)), which is just a little sweet. I also approve the entire Cheerios line, particularly multi-grain, since they also have that semi-sweetened quality.

Edit: I swear I didn't read through this entire thread first, even though it looks like I'm talking about the same things as RdMarquis. It was just coincidence, I swear.

Hiro Protagonest
2013-02-09, 03:35 PM
I find it too soggy when I add alot of milk. I'll definately try the blueberries, though! :smallbiggrin:
I like it when it's not crunchy at all, for some reason. This goes for all cereals, Chex, Cheerios, corn flakes, frosted wheats.

Maybe this is blasphemy to some people, but as a kid I always hated all those super sweet cereals that the TV comercials where always trying to sell me. Count-Chocula, Fruity Pebbles, Cookie Crisp, Trix, and I'm sure a few more; I tried and hated every one of them. And of course, since I had to beg my parents to buy me a box in the first place I always had to suffer through the entire thing or they'd never buy me anything again.

I don't like... well, really any of the sugary ones that try to get a specific flavor. Cocoa Puffs, Fruit Loops... ugh. I like things like Lucky Charms and Honey Nut Cheerios.

GrlumpTheElder
2013-02-09, 05:42 PM
Even that weird Special K with the dehydrated strawberries? Granted, strawberries are a good addition to any non-sugary cereal (blueberries, too), but only when you use fresh ones!
Actually, yes. although I can imagine they would be foul in milk...

Reverent-One
2013-02-09, 06:02 PM
You know what I used to love, but can't stand now? Cookie Crisps. Seriously, I don't know how I ever stood those things. They're like flavorless wafers.

I know that feeling. Don't know if they changed the recipe or if my tastes have changed, but they are not what I remember them to be.

Krade
2013-02-11, 04:25 AM
Am I the only one here that loves Crispix? Seriously. I could eat Crispix all day.

Gnomish Wanderer
2013-02-11, 09:37 AM
Terrible cereal is redundant.

:smallbiggrin:I believe you mean it's an oxymoron :smalltongue:

I love cereal. I will eat every type of cereal, with or without milk, with or without a bowl, for any meal, all day long. Half of my pantry is cereal, the other half is my roommate's food (joking, but I swear I have over 20 bags/boxes in there right now). The only two bad experiences with cereal was once as a kid I tried corn flakes and thought they were gross (since then my tastes have refined and I eat them regularly) and once recently I bought a very off-brand Captain Crunch which, while it had an aftertaste reminiscent of stale cardboard, was still gone in a couple of weeks. So the second one isn't really 'bad' as it was different than usual.

Roland St. Jude
2013-02-11, 09:46 AM
My guess would be either Rice Krispies (My dad eats them with Karo syrup) or Kix, both of which are pretty darn bland. Even less flavorful than that. These things were literally little white puffs of rice that were like flavorless styrofoam. Not the slightest hint of sweet, salt, grain, or even rice really.

Rice Puffs (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://greenbabyguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/organic-rice-puffs-natures-path.jpg&imgrefurl=http://greenbabyguide.com/2010/08/03/how-to-control-a-whole-grain-puff-addiction/&h=500&w=500&sz=50&tbnid=-oQvwU0iC9iSvM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=90&zoom=1&usg=__MeEL4TkENdzk9aF5ZDWYbHgA2JU=&docid=3eyw6RroHiBozM&sa=X&ei=oQMZUcLFHYmp0AGp74CICw&ved=0CEEQ9QEwBA&dur=359)

Manga Shoggoth
2013-02-11, 12:05 PM
I like Kellogg's corn flakes with lots of white sugar, but ONLY Kellogg's. Store brands just don't work.

Ah, memories...

Many years ago, I spent 4 months working in the USA (Atlanta, specifically). On my first grocery shopping trip I was so paniced by the array of strange cereals that I nearly had a panic attack. I got out of it by grabbing the only cereal I recognised - good ol' corn flakes.

Of course, after that I located the porage oats, and ate that thereafter, woth a liberal sprinkling of dried fruit.

Velaryon
2013-02-12, 04:57 PM
Am I the only one here that loves Crispix? Seriously. I could eat Crispix all day.

I haven't had them in many years, but I used to love Crispix. :smalltongue:

Codemus
2013-02-16, 03:05 AM
I love Rice Krispies. What I do is make a huge bowl the night before and leave it in the fridge overnight. Next morning, bam! Chilled soggy krispies. Dunno why everybody says they are flavorless, they don't seem like it to me.

The worst cereal in my opinion is Lucky Charms, or any cereal with marshmallows really. They go through me like greased lighting for some reason.

Rockphed
2013-02-16, 09:36 PM

The Duke of Chex would like to weigh in on this issue. With his space ship and death ray. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chex_Quest)

I hate Sugar/Honey Smacks (two same cereal, just rebranded.) Always noticed a nasty bitter aftertaste to them.

I like Honey Bunches of Oats, Cheerios of all kinds, Forsted Flakes, and Chex.

I am gladdened to see that I am not the only acolyte of Chex on these boards. I recently found the apply cinnamon chex and am still trying to decide if I like them better than rice chex. Apply cinnamon chex are currently cheaper than rice chex at my grocery store, so I will put off the decision until the price is finalized. I might decide to just buy rice chex and put cinnamon on them.

I know that feeling. Don't know if they changed the recipe or if my tastes have changed, but they are not what I remember them to be.

My little brother had this experience with honeycomb. Specifically he decided that honeycomb did not taste the way he wanted (it was too sugary), but the knock-off brand tasted exactly how he remembered. I suspect that adults just need different tastes to be happy than small children.

GoblinArchmage
2013-02-18, 01:09 AM
I recently bought a box of that new Crunchy Shredded Wheat cereal, and I hated it. I didn't even finish the one bowl I poured, and I'm not even mad I'm wasting the rest of the box. Usually I can stomach a cereal I don't enjoy that much, but I feel fine never eat it again. :smallyuk:

Is this the cereal you mean?
http://www.kelloggs.com/content/dam/common/products/KelloggsFrostedMiniWheatsCrunchBrownSugarcereal_31 213.jpg

I really like it. It tastes like Quaker Oatmeal Squares, which is one of my favorite breakfast cereals.

Winter_Wolf
2013-02-18, 04:14 PM
I used to really like Quaker Oatmeal Squares, but then for some reason they started to make me increasingly more and more ill. Mild stomach discomfort, then not so mild, then "Why, by all the gods above and below?!" digestive distress.

Can't eat regular oatmeal anymore either without the "why?!?" effect. :smallfrown:

DiscipleofBob
2013-02-18, 04:36 PM
Cracklin Oat Bran

Worst cereal name ever.

Best cereal ever.

GoblinArchmage
2013-02-18, 08:28 PM
I used to really like Quaker Oatmeal Squares, but then for some reason they started to make me increasingly more and more ill. Mild stomach discomfort, then not so mild, then "Why, by all the gods above and below?!" digestive distress.

Can't eat regular oatmeal anymore either without the "why?!?" effect. :smallfrown:

That probably has something to do with all the fiber. Five grams per serving is more than most cereals have.

CMOTDibbler
2013-02-20, 10:13 AM
I don't normally eat cereal for breakfast, but I've taken to eating my Cocoa Peanut Butter Spheres (http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3592/3289367238_28a1de40fe_z.jpg?zz=1) as a dessert of sorts. While they do taste good, the real enjoyment comes from the name. It's as if this cereal is so highly engineered that every piece is a perfect sphere. :smallbiggrin: