PDA

View Full Version : Sorcadin Cohorts

Cranthis
2013-02-07, 01:03 PM
Currently I have a level 7 sorcadin (Pally 2/ Sorc 4/ Spellword 1, going to go with classic Abj Champ 5, Sacred Exorcist 8) And I have the leadership. I have to build up a cohort, and I'm thinking a Pseudodragon.
Now, this puts it at ECL 5 right off the bat.
What I need help with, is what should I advance him in after that?
It can be anything really, as later I'm going to get another one, via Dragon Cohort.

I'll be using 32 point buy to generate stats, and flaws and traits are usable, level 5 cohort.
I'm looking for something that has synergy with my character. If you do happen to recommend something that would change the Pseudodragon to something else, assume I'll be putting the Draconic template on it (Fluff reasons)

Cranthis
2013-02-08, 01:12 AM
Shameless bump. No one has any ideas for a cohort that would synergize with a Sorcadin?

Coidzor
2013-02-08, 01:14 AM
It helps to know what kind of support you're already getting.

Does the party have a crafter? An artificer cohort is always nice, though probably not the way to go with a pseudodragon given it'd be 7 levels behind you rather than 2.

Eonir
2013-02-08, 01:17 AM
Well, You have casting pretty much covered as a sorcerer. Do you melee? If so, Bard. If you cast, Bard. If you want a skillmonkey, Bard.

I'd probably go with Bard.

Or grab an Artificer and proceed to make your GM cry.

Cranthis
2013-02-08, 01:29 AM
Well, You have casting pretty much covered as a sorcerer. Do you melee? If so, Bard. If you cast, Bard. If you want a skillmonkey, Bard.

I'd probably go with Bard.

Or grab an Artificer and proceed to make your GM cry.

Bard seems like a pretty good idea.

It helps to know what kind of support you're already getting.

Currently, this is a backup. So assuming that the rest of the party stays alive, there would be a Kobold Sorcerer, a Rogue, a Scout, and some kind of caster (Player won't tell what he is yet.)

Cranthis
2013-02-08, 01:39 AM
Also, Pseudodragons count as 4th level for the purposes of cohort, so I can start him with one level.

Chilingsworth
2013-02-08, 02:17 AM
1. How are you getting both a regular and a draconic cohort?:smallconfused:

2. You'd probably be better served by a normal LA 0 chohort: A fully classed artificer, bard, or whatever will generally be better than a pseudodragon.
If you can qualify for one with Improved familiar, though, that would come in handy.

Cranthis
2013-02-08, 02:28 AM
1. How are you getting both a regular and a draconic cohort?:smallconfused:

2. You'd probably be better served by a normal LA 0 chohort: A fully classed artificer, bard, or whatever will generally be better than a pseudodragon.
If you can qualify for one with Improved familiar, though, that would come in handy.

1. I am not getting the Draconic Cohort until level 9, when I qualify for the feat.

2. I would probably be better off with an LA 0 or 1, I'm just trying to stay low power here. And I love Pseudodragons. Also, I allready have one as an Improved Familiar.

Chilingsworth
2013-02-08, 02:30 AM
What I meant by my first question is that, afaik, you can't get both a normal cohort and a draconic cohort. The two feats dont stack, well, you could keep the followers from normal leadership, but the draconic cohort would replace your normal one.

Cranthis
2013-02-08, 02:33 AM
No where does it say you can't do both.