PDA

View Full Version : Ways to resist force damage or daze [PF only]

Carth
2013-02-08, 04:40 AM
I'm looking for absolutely anything in PF that allows one to resist either force damage or becoming dazed. The only thing I've found so far is the behemoth subtype (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/creature-types#subtype-behemoth), which causes them to automatically recover from daze at the end of their turn, making daze still pretty darn good against them. While I don't intend for the character in question (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14615689&postcount=10) to change at all (DM has approved it), my party members are interested in the things that would be able to resist my geysers, so that they can plan on having effective tools to deal with the things that I can't. TL:DR is that I'll be casting geyser, and for a 35' radius anything that takes damage from 2d6 fire and/or 1 force is required to make two DC 43 will saves or become dazed for 5 rounds. Because they geyser lasts as long as I concentrate, they need to make new saves against daze every round or the duration resets, effectively locking them inside the geyser's radius until they eventually die from the ongoing force and fire damage.

Xerxus
2013-02-08, 05:04 AM
I wonder how your DM approved this.

Alleran
2013-02-08, 05:40 AM
I think Daze has always been a bit difficult to block, comparatively. If your DM is willing to allow a custom magic item, then you could use the MIC's Third Eye Clarity as a basis for one. Some other 3E stuff can also do it (Mark of the Dauntless, Favour of the Martyr, Fire-Souled; I use the Mark of the Dauntless in my PF game, since the GM was willing to allow 3-3.5 stuff to be imported in on a case-by-case basis), but 3E, after all, isn't exactly the same as Pathfinder.

Carth
2013-02-08, 06:42 PM
I'm reasonably confident that I'm familiar with all 3.0/3.5 methods of becoming immune to daze and force damage (easy due to it being a short list), and my party will be preparing for these because it's likely they'll be used by the DM. We're just trying to see if PF added other methods we should be prepared for.

Slipperychicken
2013-02-08, 08:43 PM
I think you're getting a little too paranoid here. Just pick up some other tactics which don't have those vulnerabilities. Then proceed to write "I am not a munchkin" on the chalkboard 100 times before scrapping your character and coming up with something balanced.