PDA

View Full Version : PF: Holy Gunslinger help

Gandolfi Feesh
2013-02-08, 07:31 AM
Hey guys, quick question for a new campaign I'm about to start...

Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 1 / Paladin (Holy Gun) 2
Cha 16 (+3)
Grit Pool: 3

Gunslinger:
Focused Aim: At 1st level, as a swift action, the mysterious stranger can spend 1 grit point to gain a bonus on all firearm damage rolls equal to her Charisma modifier (+3) with all firearm attacks she makes until the end of her turn. At 7th level, when she uses the dead shot deed, she multiplies this bonus by the number of hits she made while rolling the Dead Shot attack.

Paladin:
A holy gun can spend 1 grit point to make a smiting shot with a firearm attack as a standard action. If the target is evil, the holy gun adds her Charisma bonus and her paladin level to the damage of the firearm attack (+5). If the target of the smiting shot is an outsider with the evil subtype, an evil-aligned dragon, or an undead creature, the bonus to damage increases to the Charisma modifier plus 2 points of damage per level the paladin possess. Regardless of the target, smiting shot automatically bypasses any DR the creature might have.

=> By expending a swift + standard action + 2 grit points I would roll
Weapon Damage + 8??? (+10 with deadly aim)

Am I correct in thinking this?

grarrrg
2013-02-08, 08:55 AM
=> By expending a swift + standard action + 2 grit points I would roll
Weapon Damage + 8??? (+10 with deadly aim)

Am I correct in thinking this?

You are partially correct.
It all depends on your target's type and/or alignment.

Vs. Non-Evil
+3 and bypass DR
(Gunslinger only, no Paladin damage bonus)

Vs. Evil
+8 and bypass DR
(Gunslinger and -base- Paladin damage bonus)

Vs. Evil Outsider/Dragon or Undead
+10 and bypass DR
(Gunslinger and doubled Paladin level bonus)

Person_Man
2013-02-08, 09:21 AM
I agree with grarrrg.

I would also add that Pathfinder tends to highly discourage multi-classing at mid-high levels. So while Whatever 1/Whatever 2 is often a good idea at ECL 3, you're screwing yourself out of much higher level and better class abilities around ECL 10ish+.

stack
2013-02-08, 09:41 AM
Don't forget to trade the amateur gunslinger feat for extra grit when you take your gunslinger level.

Gandolfi Feesh
2013-02-08, 01:19 PM
You are partially correct.
It all depends on your target's type and/or alignment.

Vs. Non-Evil
+3 and bypass DR
(Gunslinger only, no Paladin damage bonus)

Vs. Evil
+8 and bypass DR
(Gunslinger and -base- Paladin damage bonus)

Vs. Evil Outsider/Dragon or Undead
+10 and bypass DR
(Gunslinger and doubled Paladin level bonus)

My apologies, I assumed you knew I was referring to an attack Vs. an evil creature (How dare you not be able to read my mind!)

Thanks for the help, guys.