PDA

View Full Version : Template help

Blackhawk748
2013-02-08, 11:11 AM
Ok im creating a Big Bruiser monster for a horror adventure, im already giving a Large werewolf the Psuedonatural template and the Shadow template, and i was wondering if there is a template that adds tentacles?

PS im aware of the Half Far Spawn template and ive used that recently so id rather not use it again.

KillianHawkeye
2013-02-08, 11:23 AM
I'm pretty sure Half-Illithid grants tentacles.

Garagos
2013-02-08, 12:13 PM
I second the half-illithid template.

Bakkan
2013-02-08, 01:06 PM
The Voidmind template will give him one tentacle but will also make him the thrall of some Illithid mind-controllers. I wonder why Illithids seem to be behind every option?

Blackhawk748
2013-02-08, 01:22 PM
my theory is because if it has tentacles it must be related to an illithid :P

ksbsnowowl
2013-02-08, 05:08 PM
Ok im creating a Big Bruiser monster for a horror adventure, im already giving a Large werewolf the Psuedonatural template and the Shadow template, and i was wondering if there is a template that adds tentacles?

PS im aware of the Half Far Spawn template and ive used that recently so id rather not use it again.

There's always the Epic Pseudonatural template (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/pseudonaturalCreature.htm). They specifically gain tentacles in place of their normal attacks, and gain extra ones based on their HD.

But, the absolute lowest CR you could have is CR 17 for a 1-HD creature.

nedz
2013-02-08, 07:30 PM
The Half-Illithid is good, but there are other options:

Half-Farspawn can add two more tentacles.

Tauric gives you the legs and lower body of an animal or vermin. So you just need something with tentacles.
I'm not sure if the tentacles of squid are on their lower or upper bodies — I just don't think squid work that way ?

There's always the Tauric Centipede — does this count ?

Kazyan
2013-02-08, 07:36 PM
Not templates, but Warshaper 1 or the Deepspawn feat (latter requires Aberration Blood and one other Aberrant feat) will get you some.

KillianHawkeye
2013-02-08, 09:11 PM
I wonder why Illithids seem to be behind every option?

Because they're Illithids, man! Didn't you know they're secretly in control of everything? :smallamused: