PDA

View Full Version : Multiclass Druid, Effective Wild Shape Level

Vaz
2013-02-09, 08:19 AM
Wild Shape is based around your Druids Class Levels. Say I am a Druid 10/X 10, the X 10 not increasing my Druid Wild Shape level.

What ways are there for me to increase my effective Druid Level for the purposes of Wild Shape.

I know of the Complete Champion Set "Trappings of the Beast"; but it's not explicitly clear whether or not this affects your maximum HD.

I am just wondering if there is any item or feat that allows you to improve your Effective Druid Level for that purpose?

meemaas
2013-02-09, 09:22 AM
Master of many forms and Natures Warrior stack for Wild Shape.

Vaz
2013-02-09, 09:27 AM
I have my full Class Progression already.

HunterOfJello
2013-02-09, 09:29 AM
there's an item that does something like that in Magic of Faerun, iirc

Hand_of_Vecna
2013-02-09, 09:33 AM
There's really nothing satisfactory. This is why Druid Multi/PrC is generally discouraged. If you tell us what X is maybe we could help you achieve it's flavor and similar mechanics while staying closer to Druid 20.

LTwerewolf
2013-02-09, 09:59 AM
Skin of Kaletor dragon magazine

Wild shape amulet Magic of faerune

Trappings of the beast set bonus complete champion

ksbsnowowl
2013-02-09, 10:27 AM
Skin of Kaletor dragon magazine

Wild shape amulet Magic of faerune

Trappings of the beast set bonus complete champion

That, or just use Shapechange...

LTwerewolf
2013-02-09, 10:44 AM
That, or just use Shapechange...

Which is specifically not what he asked for.

Vaz
2013-02-09, 12:32 PM
There's really nothing satisfactory. This is why Druid Multi/PrC is generally discouraged. If you tell us what X is maybe we could help you achieve it's flavor and similar mechanics while staying closer to Druid 20.

It was just a generic non-progression class. If I was building for Wildshape, I'd clearly just Planar Shepherd/Holt Warden/MoMF and be done with it. It's slighly disappointing that there is no progression outside of Druid HD, they have Natural Bond, Practised Spellcaster and Manifester, hell not even a Totemist ACF to stack the two classes together is annoying (why I was initially looking).

Still, that Magic of Faerun is all sorts of stupid.

Druid 5/Planar Shepherd 9, oh hi, Pit Fiend at ECL14.

ksbsnowowl
2013-02-09, 01:14 PM
Still, that Magic of Faerun is all sorts of stupid.

Druid 5/Planar Shepherd 9, oh hi, Pit Fiend at ECL14.

Planar Shepherd isn't in MoF. It is in Eberron, if the two statements are supposed to be related.

Deophaun
2013-02-09, 02:18 PM
Planar Shepherd isn't in MoF.
But the magic item that lets you turn into an 18 HD creature at ECL 14 is.

Vaz
2013-02-09, 03:04 PM
MoF item*

Stupid Phone Typing. I know, setting specific, etc and unlikely to wash, but tbh, we don't really follow by that. If it is fun, it is fun and it gets played. But I think that the party might get a little ticked off with At Will Blasphemy, Teleport, Greater Invis.

Can't quite remember how time/day SLA's work wrt to changing form, but instead of that 10 turn to 1 round thing, its 1 wish every shapechange.

Gotterdammerung
2013-02-09, 03:38 PM
taking a greater bloodline and dipping multiple prestige classes that raise your effective druid lvl for wild shaping could make up for multi class dead levels.

Alternatively, that method could grant access to some rather beefy forms if you didn't take any dead lvls.

a druidic avenger 5/ wildshape variant ranger 1/bloodline 3/master of many forms 1/ moonspeaker 1/ planar shepherd 1/ Nature's warrior 1/ Abolisher 1

for instance, would be a ecl 14 character with 11 HD but for the purposes of wild shape she could pick 32 HD creatures or lower for any of her available form types.

LTwerewolf
2013-02-10, 12:33 AM
The things I mentioned can arguably be stacked. Pit fiend? Try Solar at 14.

Venger
2013-02-10, 01:42 AM
there's an item that does something like that in Magic of Faerun, iirc

wild shape amulet on page 167. boosts your wild shape be 5 effective lvls (cap at 20) kinda like a monk's belt