PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus]The Labyrinth

Pages : [1] 2

Mindfreak
2013-02-09, 09:28 AM
THE LABYRINTH
On the outskirts of Inside, a strange building has mysteriously appeared along with a regiment of minotaur guards. According to these guards, the building houses a vast labyrinth, and the person who solves it gets a wish.
Rules:

Any powers that would let someone cheat are disabled(teleporting and phasing through walls, that sort of thing...)
If your character would be about to die, they wil appear outside of the labyrinth unharmed. They may try again, but if they die, they die.
You sign up as a team of either one or two people.
Whoever gets the wish, it cannot be something completely crazy :smalltongue:
To begin, simply have you and your teammate sign up at the entrance to the maze!

Appearance:

The building that houses the labyrinth is a dome made of a strange grey stone that's not of this world. It's incredibly strong, and can withstand the most intense of powers.
There is a single entrance inside, next to which a minotour sits at a desk to write down the names of teams that choose to answer and warn them of the danger and the reward.

Teams:
Barry and Felandria(ThirdEmperor and Felandria)
Ashley(RottingBaron)
Lenn(MilesAshbrook)
Aric and Zefir(Aric and Zefir)

Felandria
2013-02-09, 07:34 PM
Felandria arrives at the entrance.

Well, here we are.

Styx crawls out of her hair.

Are you sure about this?

Sure as I'll ever be.

Even if I fail, it will be good practice.

For what?

The Test.

Whoa, Fifi, hold on, you aren't serious about that, are you?

I have to, Styx, I have to prove my worth and take my rightful place.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-09, 07:49 PM
"Spooky." Really, that's about the only comment that can be made about Felandria's dramatic dialogue with the imp.

Already here is a certain Barrium, soldier for Excelsior. He's kitted out for a long haul, wearing an armored vest rigged with a rappel harness, a heavy canvas duffel bag slung over one shoulder. Blue eyes, brown hair, the build of an action figure brought to life- He looks every bit the part of the seasoned adventurer, save for lacking the traditional rugged half-beard of stubble.

"I'm Barry." He holds out his hand to shake, having to crane his head upwards to make eye contact due to being quite a few feet shorter than the giantess "Are you taking the little scaly guy with you?"

Aric Kale
2013-02-09, 08:03 PM
Well, this looks fun... Aric chuckles, his spear at hand and his shield slung over his shoulder...a sheathed dagger also being a part of his personal armory. He has an easy going smile, but care-worn eyes. The Alleb knight has chainmail armor, covered by a leather vest. He strides up the Barrium and bows. Hello there, do you have a comrade for the Labyrinth?

Felandria
2013-02-09, 08:11 PM
"Spooky." Really, that's about the only comment that can be made about Felandria's dramatic dialogue with the imp.

Already here is a certain Barrium, soldier for Excelsior. He's kitted out for a long haul, wearing an armored vest rigged with a rappel harness, a heavy canvas duffel bag slung over one shoulder. Blue eyes, brown hair, the build of an action figure brought to life- He looks every bit the part of the seasoned adventurer, save for lacking the traditional rugged half-beard of stubble.

"I'm Barry." He holds out his hand to shake, having to crane his head upwards to make eye contact due to being quite a few feet shorter than the giantess "Are you taking the little scaly guy with you?"

Most likely, I don't have a partner.

How about you?

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-09, 08:21 PM
Well, this looks fun... Aric chuckles, his spear at hand and his shield slung over his shoulder...a sheathed dagger also being a part of his personal armory. He has an easy going smile, but care-worn eyes. The Alleb knight has chainmail armor, covered by a leather vest. He strides up the Barrium and bows. Hello there, do you have a comrade for the Labyrinth?

"Uh, not yet, but..

Most likely, I don't have a partner.

How about you?

He nods his head at Felandria. "I was just about to ask her. So, uh, how about it, miss? Care to team up?"

Aric Kale
2013-02-09, 08:33 PM
Aric politely steps back, My apologies, I did not intend to interrupt anything.

Dark Elf Bard
2013-02-09, 09:05 PM
A tiefling girl, maybe seventeen will enter! She has a parrot on her shoulder, leather pants and a tank top! She carries daggers and a pistol!

Aric may recognize her from their sparring match!

Felandria
2013-02-09, 09:30 PM
"Uh, not yet, but..

He nods his head at Felandria. "I was just about to ask her. So, uh, how about it, miss? Care to team up?"

I accept.

Styx didn't want to go in there anyway.

Just don't get any ideas about hiding behind me and using me as a shield.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-09, 09:38 PM
"Okay then. Let's sign up and head in." Turning to head for the admissions desk, Barry pauses for a moment, glancing back at Aric. "Sorry." Which is to say; 'Sorry, but I'd rather have the giant on my side than just another medieval hick swordsman.'

Felandria
2013-02-09, 09:42 PM
"Okay then. Let's sign up and head in." Turning to head for the admissions desk, Barry pauses for a moment, glancing back at Aric. "Sorry." Which is to say; 'Sorry, but I'd rather have the giant on his side than just another medieval hick swordsman.'

Let's go.

Felandria walks up to the admissions desk.

Felandria and.....

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-09, 09:56 PM
"Barium. No last name, if that matters." Scarcely a glance is given to the desk-keeper. If a minotaur playing secretary is as weird as the dungeon will get, well, should be easy enough.

Felandria
2013-02-09, 09:59 PM
Felandria signs the paper.

So tell me, what are your strengths?

Aric Kale
2013-02-09, 10:04 PM
A tiefling girl, maybe seventeen will enter! She has a parrot on her shoulder, leather pants and a tank top! She carries daggers and a pistol!

Aric may recognize her from their sparring match!

Technically, he's another medieval hick spearman.

Indeed, he does recognize the Tiefling. He nods his slight regret to Barrium and gives a modest wave to the girl. Ah, Kallista, are you here for the Labyrinth as well? Yes, Aric is always this friendly.

Devixer
2013-02-09, 10:04 PM
Ashley, a plain-looking half-elf, walks straight up to the entrance and glances at the minotaur. "Ashley Cross," She says.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-09, 10:10 PM
"I'm stronger and tougher than a human, I don't feel as much pain, I don't get tired as easily and I'm almost immune to poison or disease." There's a little more he's left out, but that's all that matters right now. "So, what can you do?" Besides being a giant. One can only hope the dungeon has high ceilings.

Felandria
2013-02-09, 10:16 PM
"I'm stronger and tougher than a human, I don't feel as much pain, I don't get tired as easily and I'm almost immune to poison or disease." There's a little more he's left out, but that's all that matters right now. "So, what can you do?" Besides being a giant. One can only hope the dungeon has high ceilings.

Felandria raises her hands in the air and points at two pillars near where she came in, they are about forty feet apart, there is a flash and an arc of lightning strikes, connecting the two pillars.

For starters.

Father was a storm giant.

I also know some pretty good buffs, hopefully they should take care of us.

As for the Minotaurs, if all else fails, I can get bigger.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-09, 10:26 PM
Barry raises an eyebrow at the pillars that clearly weren't there a second ago, but ultimately just shrugs. "Alright. That's holding your own weight at least. How are you with riddles and traps?"

Drakeburn
2013-02-09, 10:37 PM
Whistling a happy tune as Ken (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14683664&postcount=815) walks along. Then he comes to a stop when he eyes a strange building.

"Wow wee, what a place!" He says to himself as he inspects the strange place. Seems like something out of the ordinary for sure. But what is it exactly? He shrugs at the thought for the moment and walks right through the entrance.
"Hello? Anybody in here?" He whispers as he glances all over the place, not paying attention to where he's going.

Deathkeeper
2013-02-09, 10:41 PM
In strolls one blue-cloaked sorcerer with a tiny dragon snoozing in his hood. Or rather, was snoozing until Jacen shakes him awake with a tug of his cloak.
"Look alive, Zebes. We've got a challenge."
Zebes gives a yawn before responding telepathically.
[What's it this time, Boss?]
"Maze. Puzzles, danger, presumably."
[Oh, good Boss. I was afraid you'd signed us on for something easy.]
Jacen's seemingly one-sided conversation might seem a bit odd, but he's long past caring about it.
Still, for now he's just surveying the other people around, with his familiar just giving a friendly wave of a foreclaw to anyone looking in their general direction.

PurityIcekiller
2013-02-09, 10:51 PM
The white foxling Kyinde Crystaltail found her way to the labyrinth. "Now that's an intriguing sight. I'm not sure what use I'd have for a wish, but there's a saying about this... What was it again? Oh well, I'll figure that out when I get to it."

She then noticed the number of pairs about. "So two can go together? Maybe I could help someone out. Find someone who needs a partner and join up. Probably female and human, given how tradition works."

~

A dark halfling also noticed the place. "Typical. A little challenge for glory-seeking fools. Don't they have anything better to..."

Then she noticed the part about wishes.

"Wait. I could use that! Better get ready and get into this."

Felandria
2013-02-09, 11:24 PM
Barry raises an eyebrow at the pillars that clearly weren't there a second ago, but ultimately just shrugs. "Alright. That's holding your own weight at least. How are you with riddles and traps?"

I'm pretty good with riddles.

Not great with traps, though.

Drakeburn
2013-02-09, 11:44 PM
In strolls one blue-cloaked sorcerer with a tiny dragon snoozing in his hood. Or rather, was snoozing until Jacen shakes him awake with a tug of his cloak.
"Look alive, Zebes. We've got a challenge."
Zebes gives a yawn before responding telepathically.
[What's it this time, Boss?]
"Maze. Puzzles, danger, presumably."
[Oh, good Boss. I was afraid you'd signed us on for something easy.]
Jacen's seemingly one-sided conversation might seem a bit odd, but he's long past caring about it.
Still, for now he's just surveying the other people around, with his familiar just giving a friendly wave of a foreclaw to anyone looking in their general direction.

Ken's gaze caught the sight of a tiny dragon waving from the shoulder of a blue-cloaked stranger. In response he waves back and walks towards the unusual duo.
"Hello there. Nice day for an adventure, isn't it?" Ken says with a smile.
"Ken is my name, and adventuring and challenges are my game!"
He offers his hand to the cloaked stranger, cautious of the little dragon.

Deathkeeper
2013-02-09, 11:55 PM
[Well, that was forthright.]
Ken receives: One handshake!
"Jacen Vallarm. Call me Jace. And likewise.
Zebes offers a soft "raac!" It's not quite a squawk.
"I was getting to that! He's Zebes. What brings you here today? Wandering, or did you come here on purpose? Little of both, personally."

Drakeburn
2013-02-10, 12:11 AM
"I guess you can say I'm just wandering around here. I've been to a lot of places, and I've never been here before. Believe me, you can say that I'm here for the fun of it." A smirk forms on Ken's face as he says the last sentence.

"Since we're both here, I suppose you wouldn't mind I hang around with you? Three is better than two."

Deathkeeper
2013-02-10, 12:16 AM
[I like him. He has his priorities straight.]
Jace shakes his head and smiles.
I don't think either of us would be against it. But you should know that I don't really know exactly what we're about to be getting into, and you're going to have to pull your own weight if things get hairy. You mind?

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-10, 12:22 AM
"Mmm." Okay then. Hopefully, there wasn't anything too nasty waiting in there. Which was a lot to hope for.

Barry sighed, dropping his duffel bag and kneeling down to rifle through it. "Can you see in the dark? I've got a flashlight in here if you need it." As for him, he'll be complementing his already excellent vision with the complicated pair of goggles he just retrieved, turning a dial on the side before pulling them over his eyes. "And I'm ready if you are."

Drakeburn
2013-02-10, 12:44 AM
[I like him. He has his priorities straight.]
Jace shakes his head and smiles.
I don't think either of us would be against it. But you should know that I don't really know exactly what we're about to be getting into, and you're going to have to pull your own weight if things get hairy. You mind?

"I'm fine with that." Ken agrees with a nod.
"I'm no stranger to perils, so I know I can do my part. Although I don't know what could be hairier than my grandpa."
He positions himself so that he is next to Jace, but minds the small dragon.
He's been in trouble with all sorts of people and creatures, from guards to trolls. The last thing he wanted to get in trouble with was somebody's pet dragon. But then again that might be the least of his worries.

"Shall we advance into the maze?" He asks, raising his walking stick.

Deathkeeper
2013-02-10, 12:54 AM
Jace keeps his smile at the joke, while Zebes lets out a few short hisses which Ken might realize is how he laughs.
"Sure. As far as I know, all we have to do is sign up first. He points a thumb at the minotaur-manned desk.
"Just one more thing. He (he gestures to Zebes with his head) can talk, but only telepathically. Do you have anything against hearing a voice in your head?"

Felandria
2013-02-10, 01:08 AM
"Mmm." Okay then. Hopefully, there wasn't anything too nasty waiting in there. Which was a lot to hope for.

Barry sighed, dropping his duffel bag and kneeling down to rifle through it. "Can you see in the dark? I've got a flashlight in here if you need it." As for him, he'll be complementing his already excellent vision with the complicated pair of goggles he just retrieved, turning a dial on the side before pulling them over his eyes. "And I'm ready if you are."

I've got Low Light, but I can cast Darkvision.

And I have a fully charged Cure Mod Wounds wand if anything happens.

Let's do this.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-10, 01:16 AM
"Huh. I've got a vague idea of what that meant, but I'd appreciate a little more detail." Slinging the bag over his shoulder again, Barry nods and starts for the entrance. "So, besides being a magical giantess with a demon on her shoulder, who are you? You do this sort of thing for a living?"

Felandria
2013-02-10, 01:44 AM
"Huh. I've got a vague idea of what that meant, but I'd appreciate a little more detail." Slinging the bag over his shoulder again, Barry nods and starts for the entrance. "So, besides being a magical giantess with a demon on her shoulder, who are you? You do this sort of thing for a living?"

I'm an adventurer, yes.

I didn't used to be giant, a year ago I was "only" six four.

I found my father, or he found me, and when I activated this gate it awakened my dormant bloodline.

Have you ever heard the name Zeus?

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-10, 01:50 AM
"Yeah. The dead god, right?" Needless to say, Excelsior is painfully aware of Magtok's latest public triumph. Only the wardings of Olympus kept them from interfering.

Felandria
2013-02-10, 01:56 AM
"Yeah. The dead god, right?" Needless to say, Excelsior is painfully aware of Magtok's latest public triumph. Only the wardings of Olympus kept them from interfering.

That would be my father.

I want to prove myself worthy of my lineage.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-10, 02:17 AM
"So, you're going to kill Magtok then?" Barry makes the question sound almost casual, aided no doubt by the fact that everything he says comes off as nonchalant. He's simply not a very excitable person. "Or is that was this is about? Going to wish for daddy back?"

Felandria
2013-02-10, 02:50 AM
Magtok is dead.

Someone told me as much when I asked about him.

The same person also told me the Zeus he killed was not my father.

This is about ascension.

I want to prove I am worthy of my lineage by joining the pantheon.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-10, 03:10 AM
"Oh, he's not dead. He might've died briefly but that's highly temporary at best." There's personal experience there, restrained but definite anger in Barry's tone of voice and body language. "Still, they were probably right about it not being your Zeus. I don't get out much, but there's supposed to be plenty of Zeusses running around. Or Zeusi." And now that proper plurals of Greek Gods was becoming the topic, this conversation had clearly being drawn out a little too long.

"Ascension though, that sounds interesting. You really think this could grant that sort of power?" He returns his gaze to the gates, dubious that any godhood is waiting beyond. Dubious was the word for this whole affair, if you ask him.

Felandria
2013-02-10, 03:27 AM
"Oh, he's not dead. He might've died briefly but that's highly temporary at best." There's personal experience there, restrained but definite anger in Barry's tone of voice and body language. "Still, they were probably right about it not being your Zeus. I don't get out much, but there's supposed to be plenty of Zeusses running around. Or Zeusi." And now that proper plurals of Greek Gods was becoming the topic, this conversation had clearly being drawn out a little too long.

"Ascension though, that sounds interesting. You really think this could grant that sort of power?" He returns his gaze to the gates, dubious that any godhood is waiting beyond. Dubious was the word for this whole affair, if you ask him.

No, I don't.

But if I get that wish, It will help me a great deal with what I will need to do.

I plan on taking the Test of the Starstone.

Mindfreak
2013-02-10, 07:26 AM
"Barium. No last name, if that matters." Scarcely a glance is given to the desk-keeper. If a minotaur playing secretary is as weird as the dungeon will get, well, should be easy enough.
The Minotaur takes their forms and staples them together.
He looks up at them with a hard glance.
"Before I finalize this I have to explain the risks. You will be facing all manner of riddles and traps. If you wish to give up you may say the word "Tron" to teleport outside of the labyrinth. If you are about to die you will be teleported outside of the labyrinth, where you may try again. But on the second try, if you are about to die, you die. Do you still wish to take your chances?"

He glances at Ashley, filling out a form for her at a blistering speed.
"And are you going alone? The risks are the same, but more difficult. Are you sure you wish to proceed?"

Lady Serpentine
2013-02-10, 08:29 AM
The white foxling Kyinde Crystaltail found her way to the labyrinth. "Now that's an intriguing sight. I'm not sure what use I'd have for a wish, but there's a saying about this... What was it again? Oh well, I'll figure that out when I get to it."

She then noticed the number of pairs about. "So two can go together? Maybe I could help someone out. Find someone who needs a partner and join up. Probably female and human, given how tradition works."

"In that case," a musical voice inquires from behind her. "Would you be interested in assisting me?"

Assuming she turns around Kyinde will see Samantha, as described in the OOC thread.

Drakeburn
2013-02-10, 11:55 AM
Jace keeps his smile at the joke, while Zebes lets out a few short hisses which Ken might realize is how he laughs.
"Sure. As far as I know, all we have to do is sign up first. He points a thumb at the minotaur-manned desk.
"Just one more thing. He (he gestures to Zebes with his head) can talk, but only telepathically. Do you have anything against hearing a voice in your head?"

"I didn't notice that." Ken said to himself as he looked in the direction Jace's thumb was pointing.
He turned his attention back to Jace as he mentions about how Zebes can talk telepathically.
"I suppose I'll be fine with that," He answered, with a less enthusiastic tone.
"I never had anything telepathically talk to me before, but I'm willing to learn to get comfortable with it." He turned to attention back to the desk with the minotaur behind it.
"I just hope they have writing quills we can borrow." Ken said under his breath as he started walking to the desk.

Dark Elf Bard
2013-02-10, 12:25 PM
Technically, he's another medieval hick spearman.

Indeed, he does recognize the Tiefling. He nods his slight regret to Barrium and gives a modest wave to the girl. Ah, Kallista, are you here for the Labyrinth as well? Yes, Aric is always this friendly.
Yup! If I can't find someone, you're totally my backup date. She winks teasingly.

Kallista will go towards the cute little fox! Hi there! Are you- But then someone else comes up!

Deathkeeper
2013-02-10, 12:26 PM
Jace smiles.
Thanks. You've no idea how much this helps.
Ken might feel a slight tingle in his head for a second as Zebes stares him straight in the eyes. He'll be able to hear Zebes at this point, whose mental voice is essentially a thirteen-year-old's with a faint hissing echo. (OoC note: Zebes' actual dialogue will be in italics from now on, while his asides with Jace will remain in brackets to avoid confusion.)
-llo? Hello? There we go. Thanks a lot, buddy. We've been here for months and you'd be surprised how few people are okay with this. Jace is a great guy, but it still sucks to only have one person to talk to.

Felandria
2013-02-10, 01:09 PM
The Minotaur takes their forms and staples them together.
He looks up at them with a hard glance.
"Before I finalize this I have to explain the risks. You will be facing all manner of riddles and traps. If you wish to give up you may say the word "Tron" to teleport outside of the labyrinth. If you are about to die you will be teleported outside of the labyrinth, where you may try again. But on the second try, if you are about to die, you die. Do you still wish to take your chances?"

"And are you going alone? The risks are the same, but more difficult. Are you sure you wish to proceed?"

Yes, I do.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-10, 01:43 PM
"Yep. We got it." And with the registration cleared up, Barry will head in to the Labyrinth proper.

Zefir
2013-02-10, 01:51 PM
And there another person enters the place in front of the Labyrinth.

It's a human man, near his 20. He wears a black jeans a west and gloves, which all appear burnt in a few places. On his side hangs a bag with a little skull on it. A dagger hangs on the other side. Nothing else of note can be seen.

Mindfreak
2013-02-10, 02:03 PM
The Minotaur snaps his fingers, making Barry and Felandria's contracts disappear to who knows where.
A slight rumbling is heard as a large board comes out of the ground and their name is written on the board along with whether they're currently alive or dead.
His gaze went back to Felandria.
"You will need to be shrunk to a non-giant size for the duration of your trial, do you consent?"
After all, the labyrinth wasn't made with giants in mind.

Felandria
2013-02-10, 02:22 PM
The Minotaur snaps his fingers, making Barry and Felandria's contracts disappear to who knows where.
A slight rumbling is heard as a large board comes out of the ground and their name is written on the board along with whether they're currently alive or dead.
His gaze went back to Felandria.
"You will need to be shrunk to a non-giant size for the duration of your trial, do you consent?"
After all, the labyrinth wasn't made with giants in mind.

As long as you put me back after.

Devixer
2013-02-10, 02:23 PM

"I'll be fine. Just let me through," Ashley says, keeping her eyes on the entrance.

Aric Kale
2013-02-10, 03:31 PM
Yup! If I can't find someone, you're totally my backup date. She winks teasingly.

Kallista will go towards the cute little fox! Hi there! Are you- But then someone else comes up!

Aric laughs! Snubbed already?

PurityIcekiller
2013-02-10, 05:00 PM
"In that case," a musical voice inquires from behind her. "Would you be interested in assisting me?"

Assuming she turns around Kyinde will see Samantha, as described in the OOC thread.

Kyinde turned. Wow! That's an unusual scent, and quite a voice! This will definitely be entertaining, at least.

"Hi! Yes, I would be willing to join you. My name's Kyinde Crystaltail."

"Hello!" Kyinde replied. "I hope you find someone good."

At that point, Liata noticed Kallista. Not the best partner I can think of, but I expect she's strong. She'll have to do.

"Excuse me, miss," asked the halfling woman. "Not the animal-girl. You. Do you have a teammate already?"

Mindfreak
2013-02-10, 05:03 PM
As long as you put me back after.
The Minotaur nods snaps his fingers, which should result in the giant shrinking into a 6 foot tall giant.
The oxymoron that's available is amazing.
The Minotaur waves her and her partner on.

He then looks at Ashley and sighed.
"Very well, proceed."
He snapped his fingers, causing her registration form to disappear and for her name to appear on the board.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-10, 05:11 PM
And Barry will head inside, eager to finally get this over with.

Ten to one it's going to be horrible.

Felandria
2013-02-10, 05:48 PM
The Minotaur nods snaps his fingers, which should result in the giant shrinking into a 6 foot tall giant.
The oxymoron that's available is amazing.
The Minotaur waves her and her partner on.

"Very well, proceed."
He snapped his fingers, causing her registration form to disappear and for her name to appear on the board.

Hey, I was six four originally.

Felandria sighs and heads in with Barry.

Drakeburn
2013-02-10, 05:57 PM
Jace smiles.
Thanks. You've no idea how much this helps.
Ken might feel a slight tingle in his head for a second as Zebes stares him straight in the eyes. He'll be able to hear Zebes at this point, whose mental voice is essentially a thirteen-year-old's with a faint hissing echo. (OoC note: Zebes' actual dialogue will be in italics from now on, while his asides with Jace will remain in brackets to avoid confusion.)
-llo? Hello? There we go. Thanks a lot, buddy. We've been here for months and you'd be surprised how few people are okay with this. Jace is a great guy, but it still sucks to only have one person to talk to.

This feels...... Weird... Ken thought, now standing halfway from the desk and turned toward Jace and Zebes.
I'm glad that that you're happy that you have another person to talk to. Although it'll take time for me to get used to it.

Ken turned his attention back to the desk, and continued his way there.

Mindfreak
2013-02-10, 06:48 PM
Hey, I was six four originally.

Felandria sighs and heads in with Barry.
The Trial of BF
As they walk in, the door behind them disappears and the room that they're in is suddenly illuminated with light.
The room is vast and has a very high ceiling. One might say the ceiling is 20 feet up!
The walls are a beautiful mural, depicting an endless ocean with the words "rain rain, go away, come again another day" written in a repeating chain along the walls.
At the top is what seems to be little holes in the wall, big enough to fit your first in.
The exit is nowhere in sight.

---

The Minotaur looks at Ken.
"I assume you wish to take your chances as well?"

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-10, 07:13 PM
Trial of Best Friends

Well, that's that. Barry takes a deep breath, puts the screaming protests of his pessimism and gets down to work, scanning the room. No door, rhymes and waves on the walls, murderholes in the ceiling.

"Have any spells against heavy objects raining over us? I'm gonna go on a limb here and say we might have to trigger the trap to progress." Careful to avoid moving any farther into the room, Barry slowly edges towards the walls... Maybe there's something of interest to the mural.

Deathkeeper
2013-02-10, 07:35 PM
This feels...... Weird... Ken thought, now standing halfway from the desk and turned toward Jace and Zebes.
I'm glad that that you're happy that you have another person to talk to. Although it'll take time for me to get used to it.

Ken turned his attention back to the desk, and continued his way there.

---

The Minotaur looks at Ken.
"I assume you wish to take your chances as well?"

That's okay, some people are like that. I'll try not to make you uncomfortable.
Jace arrives at the desk as well.
Yes, he's with me. Jacen Vallarm, and Ken..erm... (he turns to Ken) Do you use a last name?

Felandria
2013-02-10, 08:20 PM
Trial of Best Friends

Well, that's that. Barry takes a deep breath, puts the screaming protests of his pessimism and gets down to work, scanning the room. No door, rhymes and waves on the walls, murderholes in the ceiling.

"Have any spells against heavy objects raining over us? I'm gonna go on a limb here and say we might have to trigger the trap to progress." Careful to avoid moving any farther into the room, Barry slowly edges towards the walls... Maybe there's something of interest to the mural.

Not built for giants.

Sure.

Felandria examines the walls.

It mentions rain, so I'm thinking the room may fill with water.

If you can swim, we should be fine.

She places a hand on his shoulder and casts Water Breathing.

I don't imagine we'll be in here longer than the spell lasts.

Drakeburn
2013-02-10, 08:26 PM
"My last name is Browns." Ken replied to Jacen. "Ken Browns."

Ken started playing around with his walking stick, tossing and catching it between his two hands. With a walking stick, a short sword, a dagger, a throwing knife, and a sling with rocks, Ken hopes that would be enough for what lays ahead of them.

Mindfreak
2013-02-10, 09:31 PM
Trial of BF
Felandria predicted correctly!
The holes at the top of the room begin to release gallons upon gallons of brownish water, and the room begins filling up with the foul liquid.
They may want to figure out what to do in this room soon.
They may be able to breath underwater, but they certainly wouldn't want to have to:smalltongue:

---

The Minotaur handed them registration forms and pens.
"Fill these out and you may enter the maze."
They're just forms saying that you agree that they are not responsible for what to do inside the labyrinth, that you agree to allow them to use you in advertisement, yadada...

Devixer
2013-02-10, 09:34 PM
"Very well, proceed."

Ashley goes through the entrance to the labyrinth, assuming it's actually open.

Mindfreak
2013-02-10, 09:43 PM
Trial of Ashley
As Ashley enters, the door behind her disappears!
There's no turning back now, unless she wishes to say the safe word and leave.
She will find that she has entered into a dark room that's being only slightly illuminated by the dull lights across the wall.
These lights don't only barely illuminate the room, they also barely illuminate the wall they're on, which has a mural that depicts a man going through the various moves of an ancient dance facing towards the viewer. Almost as if it's a guide.
She may see that along the floor, barely visable, is a 3 by 3 tile square.
And at the end of the hall is a locked door.

Devixer
2013-02-10, 09:46 PM
Trial of Ashley

Ashley stops moving forward once she sees that the room she's in is rather dark, which is pretty quickly.

She snaps her finger to cast a spell which creates a bright light in her hand, which she throws out into the hopeful center of the room to better illuminate it and the walls. She examines the walls in as great a detail as possible.

Drakeburn
2013-02-10, 09:51 PM
They're just forms saying that you agree that they are not responsible for what to do inside the labyrinth, that you agree to allow them to use you in advertisement, yadada...

"Ok....." Ken takes a pen and form and looks down at it.
"I think I understand the part about how they're not responsible for what happens to us, whoever 'they' are. But I don't get the part about being used in advertisement. What kind of labyrinth is this?" He asks, scratching his head with the pen.

Mindfreak
2013-02-10, 09:52 PM
Trial of Ashley
In this brighter light, Ashley will be able to see everything in great detail.
Especially several small holes in the wall behind the tiles which may possibly shoot out darts.
Which may be poisonous.
The mural fully depicts a dance that keeps you in the same place while moving your feet and such.
The faded letters on the bottom of the wall read:
DDR

Felandria
2013-02-10, 10:20 PM
Trial of BF
Felandria predicted correctly!
The holes at the top of the room begin to release gallons upon gallons of brownish water, and the room begins filling up with the foul liquid.
They may want to figure out what to do in this room soon.
They may be able to breath underwater, but they certainly wouldn't want to have to:smalltongue:

---

Alright, Barry, we need to work together.

Look around the room, see if there's a crack where water is flowing out somewhere on the walls, that's where we can get out.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-10, 10:27 PM
"No, I don't think that's it." This place is supposed to be a test of wits and riddles. The answer couldn't just be 'the door is really hard to find'. So... Try something else.

He looks up at the ceiling. "Rain rain, go away, come again another day?" And if this doesn't work he's going to feel rather silly.

Deathkeeper
2013-02-10, 10:36 PM
Jace takes the sheet and pen. Thanks.He quickly scans the terms, although he doubts anything would be out of place. Assuming it doesn't say "The signer hereby sells his/her soul to {Insert Eldritch Horror Here}," he'll sign the form in his script with a small (and completely unnecessary) flourish.
Odd, though, he doesn't remember there even being any advertisements for this place.

Mindfreak
2013-02-11, 12:11 PM
Trial of BF
Upon Barry's uttering of those words, the water stops.
And begins to drain away.
Once it's gone, they will be able to see a set of stairs leading downwards.
Looks like they solved the room!

---

"It's a typo. Don't worry about the whole advertisement thing."

Devixer
2013-02-11, 12:48 PM
Trial of Ashley

Ashley sighs, seeing that she really doesn't see any other options, and steps on the center tile, preparing for a dart to shoot from the wall.

Felandria
2013-02-11, 12:49 PM
Trial of BF
Upon Barry's uttering of those words, the water stops.
And begins to drain away.
Once it's gone, they will be able to see a set of stairs leading downwards.
Looks like they solved the room.

Nice work.

Let's hope they don't get any harder.

Unlikely.

Felandria heads towards the stairs.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-11, 01:19 PM
Trial of Best Friends

Huh.

Barry shrugs, and heads downstairs.

Mindfreak
2013-02-11, 03:35 PM
Trial of Ashley
No dart shoots out, yet.
Ashley may want to be careful which tile she steps on next.

---

Trial of BF
As soon as they descend, the way they came disappears.
They will find that they are now in a brightly illuminated hall, a thin line goes around the room along with tiles across the floor.
The exit is on the other side, open and waiting for them to get there.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-11, 03:42 PM
Trials of Best Friends

Well, examination time.

Barry will examine the walls first, then attempt to edge along the perimeter without touching any of the tiles. If that isn't possible, then he'll move on to examine the tiles themselves.

Felandria
2013-02-11, 03:50 PM
Trials of Best Friends

Well, examination time.

Barry will examine the walls first, then attempt to edge along the perimeter without touching any of the tiles. If that isn't possible, then he'll move on to examine the tiles themselves.

Okay.

First, let's try Detect Magic, then See Invisibility.

After casting these, she will carefully scan the room for any signs of danger, then she will look at the floor, wondering if it resembles a chessboard.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-11, 03:52 PM
Trial of Best Friends

"If you could make us fly, that would be nice."

Mindfreak
2013-02-11, 03:53 PM
Trial of BF
Barry will find nothing strange about the walls, other than a space about 3 feet from the floor where there's a line the thickness of an inch that goes all around the room.
He won't be able to move around without touching the tiles though.
Upon examining the tiles, he'll find that they'll most likely trigger something.

Felandria
2013-02-11, 03:56 PM
Trial of Best Friends

"If you could make us fly, that would be nice."

Sure thing.

She casts Fly on Barry, then herself.

Dark Elf Bard
2013-02-11, 03:56 PM
Waiting Room

The half-devil looks around. Um, is anyone in need of a partner? She fidgets, and holsters, and reholsters her pistol nervously.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-11, 04:02 PM
Trial of Best Friends

"Okay..." It's certainly different, being able to fly. It feels like he weighs nothing at all and the air is trying to pull him away from the floor.. Giving an experimental kick Barry pushes off from the ground, floating up about a foot and a half before he stops, finding himself able to alter his own trajectory at will.

This is all very unscientific.

But it is neat.

Making sure to keep himself well above the line wrapping the room's perimeter, Barry floats out over the first tile, ready to dive back should something unpleasant happens. If unpleasant things fail to happen, then he'll continue to cautiously float across the floor until he reaches the exit.

Zefir
2013-02-11, 04:17 PM
And there another person enters the place in front of the Labyrinth.

It's a human man, near his 20. He wears a black jeans a west and gloves, which all appear burnt in a few places. On his side hangs a bag with a little skull on it. A dagger hangs on the other side. Nothing else of note can be seen.

Waiting Room

"Partner?" the man discribed in the post before asks out loud.

Aric Kale
2013-02-11, 04:30 PM
Waiting Room

The half-devil looks around. Um, is anyone in need of a partner? She fidgets, and holsters, and reholsters her pistol nervously.

Aric nods, I did last time I checked.

Devixer
2013-02-11, 05:46 PM
Trial of Ashley

Before stepping onto another tile, Ashley looks at the images on the wall again. There had to be some sort of clue to where she needed to step and in what order.

Dark Elf Bard
2013-02-11, 06:01 PM
Aric nods, I did last time I checked.

She grins and fake-moans. Uggghhhh, you again? If I have to.

And they go over to register!

Aric Kale
2013-02-11, 06:07 PM
She grins and fake-moans. Uggghhhh, you again? If I have to.

And they go over to register!

Aric laughs and joins her in front of the secretary minotaur. Where do I sign?

Drakeburn
2013-02-11, 08:46 PM
"If you say so." Ken muttered as he read through the whole form.
"Nothing about selling my soul to anybody. So, if you're not responsible for whatever happens to us in the labyrinth, does that mean we're not responsible for whatever happens in the labyrinth, right?" Ken asks with a big grin.

Dark Elf Bard
2013-02-11, 08:52 PM
yinde replied. "I hope you find someone good."

At that point, Liata noticed Kallista. Not the best partner I can think of, but I expect she's strong. She'll have to do.

"Excuse me, miss," asked the halfling woman. "Not the animal-girl. You. Do you have a teammate already?"

And then Kallista notices this! Sorry Aric, but I've fought with you once before. I need new experiences! See you later! I've got your address!

And Kallista walks towards the halfling! Not anymore! Do you?

Aric Kale
2013-02-11, 09:07 PM
Aric smiles understandingly, No worries, have fun!
If memory decides to service Aric, and it does, there is another adventurer seeking a partner. He walks over to aforementioned man (zefir's character) and introduces himself.Hello there, I'm Aric, did I hear that you needed a partner?

PurityIcekiller
2013-02-11, 09:51 PM
And then Kallista notices this! Sorry Aric, but I've fought with you once before. I need new experiences! See you later! I've got your address!

And Kallista walks towards the halfling! Not anymore! Do you?

"About time." Liata nodded. "Yes, I do. At least you'll have a better partner than some stinky fox, then."

"Hey!"

Zefir
2013-02-12, 03:21 AM
Waiting Room

The man looks at... I don't know, even thought one of my other chars met him I can't remember how he looks.....

"Don't know. If this thing is only for at least two people teams, then yes."

Miles Ashbrook
2013-02-12, 09:38 AM
"I was never the smartest person, and my sense of direction was always ridiculous, but it feels like I purposely came here. I don't know if that is exactly what I think, but it's possible."

Lenn took a deep breath before shoving her crudely sketched out map into he coat pocket and approached the minotaur at the desk. She had been nervously gripping her staff in such a way that her hands had gone numb a while ago. After building up the nerve, she attempted to speak, however she simply let out a small squeak and backed up again.

"Lenn, you're afraid of everything."

Deciding to take a few moments to gather her thoughts, Lenn backed further away.

Mindfreak
2013-02-12, 04:03 PM
"If you say so." Ken muttered as he read through the whole form.
"Nothing about selling my soul to anybody. So, if you're not responsible for whatever happens to us in the labyrinth, does that mean we're not responsible for whatever happens in the labyrinth, right?" Ken asks with a big grin.
"What do you think that you won't be responsible for?" the Minotour asks, narrowing his eyes.

---

Trial of BF
Nothing bad happens!
At least, until he makes it halfway.
Barry will find that the magic should just...stop working.
And send him hitting the floor most likely.
And upon hitting the floor, he will find that a blade quickly flies from the wall, snipping anything at about 3 feet high.
Most likely just above Barry:smalltongue:

---

Trial of Ashley
Ashley will find that the dance starts with the person standing still in one place.
It then shows the man going into the next dance move, him slamming his left foot down to the left of him.

Drakeburn
2013-02-12, 05:42 PM
"I'm just asking, that's all." Ken replied to the minotaur, changing his mood from mischievous to innocent.
He turns his attention back to the form, where he signed the paper and slid it to the minotaur. "Here's my signature."

Felandria
2013-02-12, 06:12 PM
"What do you think that you won't be responsible for?" the Minotour asks, narrowing his eyes.

---

Trial of BF
Nothing bad happens!
At least, until he makes it halfway.
Barry will find that the magic should just...stop working.
And send him hitting the floor most likely.
And upon hitting the floor, he will find that a blade quickly flies from the wall, snipping anything at about 3 feet high.
Most likely just above Barry:smalltongue:

---

Trial of Ashley
Ashley will find that the dance starts with the person standing still in one place.
It then shows the man going into the next dance move, him slamming his left foot down to the left of him.

I'm coming.

Felandria considers lying on her stomach and trying to crawl, military style, over to Barry.

Then she has an idea.

Don't move.

She looks down on the floor, still wondering exactly what the floor looks like.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-12, 06:42 PM
Trial of Best Friends

"No!" Barry almost waves for her to stay back, but catches himself in time. No movement. Nothing that could make the three panels he's sprawled across shift. "I go first. If I reach the end, you follow." The next blade might not pass safely overhead.

Planting his elbow on the middle plate to hold it down, Barry ever so carefully flips over onto his hands and feet. Then, staying ready to make a dash for it if the next disk shoots low, he begins to crawl across the floor, touching as few panels as possible.

Felandria
2013-02-12, 07:00 PM
OOC Hopefulle he'll tell me what the floor looks like, like if it's a checkerboard like grid where the tiles are multiple colors.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-12, 07:21 PM
((I think something that blindingly obvious should be mentioned in the initial text, but if the floor does happen to be patterned like a checkerboard or some of the tiles are clearly marked, consider my last post void.))

Felandria
2013-02-12, 07:44 PM
((I think something that blindingly obvious should be mentioned in the initial text, but if the floor does happen to be patterned like a checkerboard or some of the tiles are clearly marked, consider my last post void.))

OOC I've been burned by not asking questions like that too many times before not to make sure.

Miles Ashbrook
2013-02-12, 08:18 PM
"Stop being a coward Lenn, you can do this."

Lenn took another deep breath and carefully approached the desk. A quick scribble and internal screaming and Lenn was registered.

"Alright, left then right. You've got this Lenn."

With that Lenn took her first step towards the labyrinth.

Aric Kale
2013-02-13, 12:20 AM
Waiting Room

The man looks at... I don't know, even thought one of my other chars met him I can't remember how he looks.....

"Don't know. If this thing is only for at least two people teams, then yes."

The man finds himself looking at...Aric, tall, green-eyed with a beard and shoulder length brown hair. He wears armor of steel chainmail, covered by a leather vest. His armament consists of a spear, shield ame dagger. the spear has a pearlescent blade which is almost blinding to look at in direct sunlight, the waiting room lighting should dim that effect.
Aric smiles, You can choose to go alone. but it is ill advised.

Dark Elf Bard
2013-02-13, 01:44 AM
"About time." Liata nodded. "Yes, I do. At least you'll have a better partner than some stinky fox, then."

"Hey!"

The tiefling teenager grins. Sounds good, where do we sign?

Zefir
2013-02-13, 03:01 AM
The man finds himself looking at...Aric, tall, green-eyed with a beard and shoulder length brown hair. He wears armor of steel chainmail, covered by a leather vest. His armament consists of a spear, shield ame dagger. the spear has a pearlescent blade which is almost blinding to look at in direct sunlight, the waiting room lighting should dim that effect.
Aric smiles, You can choose to go alone. but it is ill advised.

"Well it's allways better to go together." The man states as he offers a hand to shake.

Aric Kale
2013-02-13, 08:55 AM
"Well it's allways better to go together." The man states as he offers a hand to shake.

Aric returns the gesture and hands are shook. Fantastic, we sign at the desk. Assuming no one stops them, Aric will lead the other man to

The Desk
Hello there, fine sir, where do I sign?

Mindfreak
2013-02-13, 11:51 AM
Trial of BF
((You know...there's a nice little OOC thread that you could be using.:smalltongue:
Or check my original post where I did say it was a tiled floor))
There is no way to distinguish the tiles from each other. There's no different colors or markings of any kinds.

As Barry crawls along, he'll find that the blade just keeps slicing at the same exact place everytime.
This may be more of a trap for people who overthink:smalltongue:

---

Lenn
The Minotaur puts his hand in front of Lenn.
"And where do you think you're going? I still need to explain a few things before you go in."

---

Aric and...who?
The Minotaur takes out some registration forms and pens.
"Just fill this out."

---

Ken
The Minotaur takes his form and looks at his partner expectingly, waiting for his form.

Devixer
2013-02-13, 12:17 PM
Trial of Ashley

Ashley follows the pictures, slamming her left foot on the tile to her left and still preparing for a dart. Hopefully, she can follow the rest of the directions without too much trouble.

Miles Ashbrook
2013-02-13, 12:17 PM
Lenn gasped and gripped the large stick tighter and spun around, nearly falling over from the spontaneous turn.

"Yes? I thought... I just... maybe I can just go in?"

She walked back towards the minotaur and took her third long breath of the day.

"What else do I need to know?"

Mindfreak
2013-02-13, 12:37 PM
Lenn
"Inside that Labyrinth is traps of all kinds. If you wish to leave at any time, you may say the words: Chimichanga chicken. Do you wish to proceed?"

---

Trial of Ashley
No dart fires.
Ashley will find that she'll be able to do the rest of the moves properly and not be shot with a dart.
And once she's done, the door shall open!

Miles Ashbrook
2013-02-13, 12:42 PM
Lenn froze for a second, then tried to make sense from what the creature had told her. Of course there were going to be various traps and challenges, why else would she be there, but the exit word. Was it serious or messing with her?

"Why, why those words? Couldn't it be something like umm... 'I give up?'"

She started to think attempting to maneuver through the labyrinth was a bad idea, Lenn was weak in both physical and mental states.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-13, 12:45 PM
Trial of Best Friends

Maybe.

Maaaaaybe. >>

Reaching the door, Barry waves for Felandria to follow. "Alright. It's safe."

Aric Kale
2013-02-13, 12:59 PM
Aric and...who?
The Minotaur takes out some registration forms and pens.
"Just fill this out"

Aric and...the Other One...

Aric thanks the minotaur and takes the forms, scans through the contents. Satisfied that everything seems in order, he signs the paper and hands it to the secretary

Deathkeeper
2013-02-13, 01:17 PM
Jace realizes he's been absent mindedly holding his form since signing it instead of handing it in, (due to his player forgetting the small but important part of the sentence in which he did so in the last post). He'll do that now.
Sorry 'bout that.
[Geez, Boss, way to hold everyone up.]

Felandria
2013-02-13, 03:20 PM
Trial of Best Friends

Maybe.

Maaaaaybe. >>

Reaching the door, Barry waves for Felandria to follow. "Alright. It's safe."

Felandria military crawls her way across, making sure to stay below the place where the blade comes out.

Devixer
2013-02-13, 03:36 PM
Trial of Ashley

Ashley does all the moves as the instructions say, feeling a little silly about it. Once the door opens, she'll proceed through, making sure not to step on any more of those tiles.

Zefir
2013-02-13, 05:47 PM
Aric and...the Other One...

Well the other man would like to take a look at it as well. So he will grab the sheet before it goes back.

If nothing of note is mentioned there he hands it over to the minotaur.

PurityIcekiller
2013-02-13, 08:41 PM
The tiefling teenager grins. Sounds good, where do we sign?

"Well..." Liata gestured to the minotaur at the desk. "My keen halfling senses have detected that he's in plain sight. Gee, I wonder if that's the right place?"

Lady Serpentine
2013-02-14, 04:08 AM
Kyinde turned. Wow! That's an unusual scent, and quite a voice! This will definitely be entertaining, at least.

"Hi! Yes, I would be willing to join you. My name's Kyinde Crystaltail."

"Samantha Harper. Otherwise known as 'Heartstring', though not around here... It's nice to meet you, Kyinde," she replies quietly, chuckling a bit, and extending a thin, long-fingered hand to the foxling. "What can you do?"

Mindfreak
2013-02-14, 11:43 AM
Aric and that man
The Minotaur will take both forms and looks at Zefir's character's sheet to see if there's actually a name on there.

---

Jace and Ken
The Minotaur will take Jace's form and staple it to Ken's.
"If you wish to leave the labyrinth at any time, say: "MaxCola. Clean, Refreshing."
Snapping his fingers, their forms disappear and their names appear on the board.
"You may proceed."

---

Lenn
"I'm afraid the words are different for each person and cannot be changed. Are you absolutely certain you wish to proceed alone?"

---

Trial of BF
Now that they have gotten past that, they may wish to proceed through the door!

---

Trial of Ashley
Ashley will proceed to enter into a room filled with chickens.
Absolutely filled.
There seems to be a large weight plate by the door, perhaps the weight plate opens the door?
Also by the door is a small bag of feed.
Really quite small. Only about a quarter of a pound of feed.

Felandria
2013-02-14, 12:20 PM
Felandria gets to her feet and heads to the door.

Miles Ashbrook
2013-02-14, 01:17 PM
Lenn made sure she was standing straight before replying to the creature.

"You say that like I can take someone in with me. I'm sure I want to enter the labyrinth. I've got nothing else to do here."

Zefir
2013-02-14, 01:31 PM
Aric and that man called Zefir

Well I didn't thought they both got such a thing to signe. From what I read Aric got the only sheet and onyl one must sign. Well the name is Zefir.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-14, 01:34 PM
Trial of BF

And Barry will also head to the next level.

PurityIcekiller
2013-02-14, 05:38 PM
"Samantha Harper. Otherwise known as 'Heartstring', though not around here... It's nice to meet you, Kyinde," she replies quietly, chuckling a bit, and extending a thin, long-fingered hand to the foxling. "What can you do?"

Kyinde accepted the offered hand and shook vigorously. "Nice to meet you too! I work with ice and fire magic. Mostly ice. How about you?"

Dark Elf Bard
2013-02-14, 08:38 PM
Halfling and Devil

They walk over and signup!

Lady Serpentine
2013-02-15, 12:21 AM
Kyinde accepted the offered hand and shook vigorously. "Nice to meet you too! I work with ice and fire magic. Mostly ice. How about you?"

"I work with Glass, a little. And luck, to some extent. A bit with life and growth, as well, being Spring... That's about all I expect to be useful in here," she replies softly, smiling, and shrugging a bit.

Deathkeeper
2013-02-15, 10:20 AM
"Thanks."
I'll remember the phrase if you two forget.
And unless Ken is suddenly having objections or anything else to ask the Minotaur, they will likely proceed towards the entrance of the Labyrinth, probably with Ken in tow.

Drakeburn
2013-02-15, 10:36 AM
"Off we go then." Ken said with a mischievous grin as he walked to the entrance with Jace and Zebes.
I still won't be responsible for what I might do in the labyrinth. He thought to himself.

Earl of Purple
2013-02-15, 03:38 PM
The Labyrinth- Ken & Jace & Zebes

Beyond the entrance is a large, high-ceilinged room with polished granite walls blending seamlessly into the floor and ceiling. Or at least, three of the four walls are polished granite. The fourth wall is a pinkish-brown coloured and rougher in texture with a round hole large enough to enter about three metres above the floor. The door disappears once they pass through it. The chamber is lit from above; the ceiling is glowing crystal. There seems no readily apparent way up to reach the hole that is the chamber's only egress.

Devixer
2013-02-15, 04:08 PM
Trial of Ashley
Ashley will proceed to enter into a room filled with chickens.
Absolutely filled.
There seems to be a large weight plate by the door, perhaps the weight plate opens the door?
Also by the door is a small bag of feed.
Really quite small. Only about a quarter of a pound of feed.

Ashley picks up the bag of feed and looks around the room to see if there's anything other than chickens.

Mindfreak
2013-02-15, 06:23 PM
Trial of Ashley
There is nothing but chickens, the weight plate, the feed, and a door.

---

Trial of BF
They will find that they have entered a room with an intimidating, miniature sphinx.
She lifts her head up and stares at them as they enter.
"Ah. More adventurers. I could always do with a snack."

---

Lenn
"Then proceed."
Her registration form disappeared and her name appeared on the board.

---

Zefir and Aric
Their registration forms disappear and the Minotaur waves them on.
"If you wish to leave the Labyrinth at any time, simply say "Tofu Turkey, a taste that can't be beat!""
---

Halfling and Devil
The Minotaur looked them over.
"May I help you?"

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-15, 06:33 PM
Trial of BF

So this place does have monsters then. Alright.

"You're a sphinx." Gee, thanks captain obvious. "Presumably you've got a riddle for us?" But at the same time, Barry's hand hovers over the grip of his point forty-five. Just in case.

Miles Ashbrook
2013-02-15, 06:44 PM
"So I just... go?"

Lenn tightened her grip and proceeded towards the door; full of doubts and regret, but she had to go through.
Or at least wanted to, somewhere deep down Lenn knew that she would not be quitting.

"I guess it's make it through to the end, or never leave."

Another deep breath and she was through the doors.

Drakeburn
2013-02-15, 06:45 PM
"Hm....... Quite an unusual feature for a room......" Ken said as he went to the hole in the pinkish-brown wall. He poked his walking stick around inside it, just to see if there was anything inside it.

Deathkeeper
2013-02-15, 07:15 PM
Interesting. Jace will go over to the wall and examine it to see if its different color has any obvious cause. Zebes will flap up to the hole and see if there's anything unusual about it, although he won't go into it yet.

Earl of Purple
2013-02-15, 07:20 PM
The Labyrinth- Ken & Jace & Zebes

Given that it's three metres above the floor, it's quite hard to reach. Regardless, the walking stick doesn't find anything in the hole, but might discover that the wall itself is firm, but more pulled taut than hard. The wall seems to be made of a different material, and is clearly defined as seperate to the rest of the room. Zebes will discover that a slight breeze flowing into the hole changes into a breeze flowing out of the hole every minute or so. Otherwise, the interior is too dark and shadowed from the overhang to see into it.

Felandria
2013-02-15, 10:00 PM
Trial of BF

So this place does have monsters then. Alright.

"You're a sphinx." Gee, thanks captain obvious. "Presumably you've got a riddle for us?" But at the same time, Barry's hand hovers over the grip of his point forty-five. Just in case.

Careful, let's not anger it right away.

Devixer
2013-02-15, 10:03 PM
Trial of Ashley

Before she does anything with the feed, Ashley stomps on the weight plate to determine if it actually does open the door or not.

Drakeburn
2013-02-15, 10:10 PM
"How can we all get up there?" Ken asked, scratching his head.
Curious about the unusual wall, he got out the pen from the desk he "forgot" to return, and scratched the pinkish-brown material once, then started scribbling random shapes and lines.

Deathkeeper
2013-02-15, 10:25 PM
Well, that's certainly suspicious. Zebes makes his silent report to Jace.
"Time for the oldest trick in the book."
Jace reaches into a back pocket and pulls out a very ordinary penny. With a single arcane word, it suddenly gives off a moderately bright light. He flips it up to his familiar, who'll toss it into the mysterious "breathing" hole.

Aric Kale
2013-02-15, 10:36 PM
Assuming the Other is following. Aric will step through the door.

Zefir
2013-02-16, 05:55 PM
[Entrace]

Zefir will go on as the Minotaur waves them in. He is a bit curiouse about the whole thing. At least this thing uses magic, but who made it? Who created such a big thing and more likly for what reason? It seems like another thing a magican would do out of bordem.

"Hey guy. What do you think will stand in our way."

Earl of Purple
2013-02-16, 06:58 PM
Labyrinth- Ken & Zebes & Jace Could you guys please use location tags? It'd make finding your posts easier. :smallsmile:

The wall can be drawn on quite easily, so long as Ken is being gentle. If he's pressing down as hard as he can, the wall will react differently.

The glowing coin reveals that the hole leads to a tunnel; one that is dark, wet and unquestionably dank, though the breeze emitted by the tunnel is quite warm.

Aric Kale
2013-02-17, 01:17 AM
Trial of K.O.

Aric shrugs, Mostly challenges of the mind. with a few skirmishes...I think.

Zefir
2013-02-17, 11:34 AM
Trial of K.O.?

"Let's hope they don't just fokus on this old school things."
Because the old shool things are really old.^^

Mindfreak
2013-02-17, 11:56 AM
Trial of BF
"That's correct. You answer incorrectly, I eat you. And not in a way that will let you die and appear outside of the Labyrinth unharmed too soon either."
She licks her paw lazily.
"Are you ready?"

---

Trial of AZ
Aric and Zefir will find that the first room of the labyrinth is submerged in water.
They may want to jump in and check it out :smalltongue:

---

Trial of Ashley
It does indeed open the door.
The only question is, will she be able to entice enough chickens onto the plate to keep the door open long enough?

---

Trial of Lenn
Lenn will find herself in a hallway made up of many mirrors, each one reflecting her image back at her. At the end is a door with a lock on it. Beside a mirror is a key.
"Play?"

Felandria
2013-02-17, 12:40 PM
Trial of BF

I guess.

Aric Kale
2013-02-17, 03:00 PM
Hmm
He doesn't offer much in ways of replies...thinky time. Meanwhile, Aric gently stirs the water with his spearpoint.

Zefir
2013-02-17, 03:26 PM
Trial of AZ

In what way submerged? I mean do we go down the stairs and the next step is under water or is it like a wall of water?

"Can you swim or do you have anything to dive?"

Mindfreak
2013-02-17, 05:40 PM
Trial of AZ
The hallway opens up to a large room that's filled with water. It's right at your feet.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-17, 05:53 PM
Trial of Best Friends

"Sure. Let's get this done." Barry lifts his hand from the gun's grip, although he's still keeping a wary eye on the sphinx.

Aric Kale
2013-02-17, 06:45 PM
Trial of A-Z

I can swim, I'll have to take off my armor first. But I can swim. As he replies, he removed his chainmail and slipped into the water. Aric has one hand on the edge, the other on his spear.

Deathkeeper
2013-02-17, 07:07 PM
Trial of JZK

Report number two is given.
Alright, we've got one creepy looking, possibly breathing tunnel a few feet up. I could probably get up there with enough effort, but should we trust it? And what are you scribbling on it anyway?

Mindfreak
2013-02-17, 09:05 PM
Trial of BF
The Sphinx straightens up, locking eyes with Barry.
"What work can one never finish?"

Drakeburn
2013-02-17, 09:16 PM
Trial of JZK

"Just random stuff actually...." Ken answered to Jace.
"But if what you say is true, how do we know if the wall is alive, or a monster in disguise?"
In his own way to figure out his own question, he presses the pen against the wall as hard as he can, writing:

Ken, Jace, and Zebes were here

Felandria
2013-02-17, 09:17 PM
Trial of BF
The Sphinx straightens up, locking eyes with Barry.
"What work can one never finish?"

Actually....

I think I know that one.

Earl of Purple
2013-02-17, 09:23 PM
Labyrinth- JZK

The wall flinches away from the pen when Ken starts pressing as hard as he can. The hole in the wall also snorts.

However, it seems that there's no other way out of this chamber, but nobody has investigated the rest of the room for secret entrances or hidden compartments.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-17, 09:30 PM
Trial of Best Friends

Y'know, I don't think Barry likes that riddle very much. He's not a cheery guy at the best of times, but right now, he's doing a very passable imitation of his old commander's best grimace. It's only the combined efforts of his common sense and general lethargy that keep him from audibly complaining, lest the sphinx 'misinterpret' it as an attempt to answer.

Instead, he turns his eyes skyward for a moment, then whispers to Felandria. "I'm fairly sure the answer is 'an autobiography'. That's a book about someone's life that they wrote about themselves. Is that the answer you've got as well?"

Miles Ashbrook
2013-02-17, 09:31 PM
"Play? Alright. I can do this. Come on Lenn."
Lenn used her staff to lift the key without getting too close and held it as far as possible. She feared anything that she did not understand, and seeing herself a million plus times was enough to creep her out. The key was the only thing reasonable and even that was disturbing her.
"Not taking any chances. None at all."

Felandria
2013-02-17, 09:46 PM
Trial of Best Friends

Y'know, I don't think Barry likes that riddle very much. He's not a cheery guy at the best of times, but right now, he's doing a very passable imitation of his old commander's best grimace. It's only the combined efforts of his common sense and general lethargy that keep him from audibly complaining, lest the sphinx 'misinterpret' it as an attempt to answer.

Instead, he turns his eyes skyward for a moment, then whispers to Felandria. "I'm fairly sure the answer is 'an autobiography'. That's a book about someone's life that they wrote about themselves. Is that the answer you've got as well?"

Yeah, that was my first thought as well.

Drakeburn
2013-02-17, 09:48 PM
Trial of JZK

"Interesting...." Ken mutters as he backs away from the wall.
"If we try to crawl into that hole, we'll either get shot right out of there, covered in mucus. Or we'll get eaten. It would good idea to search the other walls for a secret passage or something."
He went to one of the walls, patting his hands all over it.
"I'll this one, you check the other." Ken told Jace.

Deathkeeper
2013-02-17, 09:54 PM
Trial of JZK

Ew, bleck! I think it just sneezed on me! Zebes complains to both his companions.
"You'll get over it. Be happy it was just air this time."
Jace will search the lower walls and floors of his side, with Zebes taking the high, both using their magic detecting senses as well.

Zefir
2013-02-18, 05:17 AM
Trial of A-Z

Zefir just shrigs he takes another short loook around, just to see if anything important is placed above the water. Then he heads into the water and immediately get's underwater. A small bubble of air appears in front of his mouth and nose to give him a bit more air.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-18, 06:34 AM
Trial of Best Friends

Well then, if they're both in concurrence... "Our answer is, 'an autobiography'."

Mindfreak
2013-02-18, 08:00 AM
Trial of Lenn
Lenn may find that, as she goes for the key, her reflection on the mirror went for it as well.
Causing the reflection to now have the key and smiling deviously at her.
Perhaps negotiations are in order?

---

Trial of BF
The Sphinx nods.
"Yes, that is correct. Are you prepared for the next riddle?"
Next riddle? It's a two for one deal!
((Now, how many of you used Google? :smalltongue:))

---

Trial of AZ
Underwater.
It's completely different than above!
Stunningly clear, Zefir will see that there's a simple open door to go through.
And a large fish guarding it.

Felandria
2013-02-18, 12:20 PM
Trial of BF
The Sphinx nods.
"Yes, that is correct. Are you prepared for the next riddle?"
Next riddle? It's a two for one deal!
((Now, how many of you used Google? :smalltongue:))

((I'm a writer, so I knew that one.))

Ready.

Aric Kale
2013-02-18, 12:29 PM
Aric submerged his head and looks around. After noting the door and the fish, he pulls himself out of the water and waits for Zefir to take his head out of the water, planning time...

Earl of Purple
2013-02-18, 05:29 PM
Trial of JZK

Ken's search will yield nothing fruitful. His wall is completely smooth and flawless, and anything magical is hidden too subtly for his hands to locate.

Zebes will also find nothing hidden, even with his magic. His section of wall is also completely smooth and flawless, with no enchantments upon it.

Jace will also find nothing hidden. His section of wall is also completely smooth and flawless, with no enchantments upon it, and the same goes for the floor.

However, this chamber has four walls, two of which have been searched, one of which is made of skin and the last wall contained the door they entered by before it disappeared.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-18, 08:38 PM
Trial of BF

"Oh no. When I asked if you had a riddle, that's singular, you said yes, and that we could go once we'd answered it." It's true. The sphinx did say that and you better believe Barry's gonna hold him to it. "We've answered your a riddle, singular, so we'll be going." Can't go changing the rules once the game's begun, or what's to stop the sphinx from asking another riddle after this, then another, and then another and so on 'till eternity?

Zefir
2013-02-19, 04:58 AM
Trial of AZ

Zefir remains for a few more moments seeing if something happens and then dives up.

"The fish seems to guard the door. I assume we need to trick him, since just attacking won't help us."

Aric Kale
2013-02-19, 09:12 AM
A-Z

That does make the most sense. Can you use any form of Light magic? I have an idea.

Zefir
2013-02-19, 10:08 AM
Trial of AZ

Zefir narrows his eyes and looks very angry. In some way Aric might have insulted him.

"Do I look like a mage?"

Aric Kale
2013-02-19, 10:59 AM
I apologize, friend, I had no intention to offend you. I don't know your abilities, so I was curious.
What are your abilities? If I may be so bold as to ask.
Hmm, interesting how Aric partners up with a complete stranger and doesn't bother to ask what he does.

Mindfreak
2013-02-19, 11:22 AM
Trial of BF

"Oh no. When I asked if you had a riddle, that's singular, you said yes, and that we could go once we'd answered it." It's true. The sphinx did say that and you better believe Barry's gonna hold him to it. "We've answered your a riddle, singular, so we'll be going." Can't go changing the rules once the game's begun, or what's to stop the sphinx from asking another riddle after this, then another, and then another and so on 'till eternity?
Trial of BF
"Oh I'm sorry. But you need to answer a certain amount of riddles to move on. The door won't even appear until you do and I cannot even make it appear myself."
She lazily licks a morsel of an old adventurer from a claw.
"So you really have no choice but to play along."
"So I'll ask again, are you ready for your second riddle?"

Felandria
2013-02-19, 12:25 PM
Trial of BF
"Oh I'm sorry. But you need to answer a certain amount of riddles to move on. The door won't even appear until you do and I cannot even make it appear myself."
She lazily licks a morsel of an old adventurer from a claw.
"So you really have no choice but to play along."
"So I'll ask again, are you ready for your second riddle?"

We're ready.

Felandria silently lamented her current size reduction, if she was her normal size and got the riddle wrong, the sphinx might have choked to death on her.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-19, 12:57 PM
Trial of BF

"Sure. Hell, just give us all of them now so we can go sooner." Barry scowls.

Scoooooooowwwwwwls.

Mindfreak
2013-02-19, 02:01 PM
Trial of BF
"Now...I have four wings, but cannot fly, I never laugh and never cry; On the same spot I'm always found, toiling away with little sound. What am I?"
She continued to clean her claws.
They tended to get messy.

Felandria
2013-02-19, 02:24 PM
Trial of BF
"Now...I have four wings, but cannot fly, I never laugh and never cry; On the same spot I'm always found, toiling away with little sound. What am I?"
She continued to clean her claws.
They tended to get messy.

Felandria turns to Barry.

Ooh.

I know this one.

A windmill.

Zefir
2013-02-19, 04:51 PM
Trial of AZ

"Let's say I'm a tinkerer, it may need to long to discribe it right now. And no I don't have an option to light the water for some time, I could just create a short flash."

He waits a moment until he speaks again.

"And you?"

Aric Kale
2013-02-19, 05:43 PM
Trial of AZ

"Let's say I'm a tinkerer, it may need to long to discribe it right now. And no I don't have an option to light the water for some time, I could just create a short flash."

He waits a moment until he speaks again.

"And you?"

Aric nods, thinking, Hmm, that could be enough...

I am a fighter, my abilities focus on negating magic or energy based attacks and rebounding them upon my opponent.
The metal from which my weapons is forged glows in the sunlight. If we could take a burst of light, my spear would glow to a near-blinding intensity. Add the water to that and we could blind or even stun the underwater guardian.

Deathkeeper
2013-02-19, 11:54 PM
Trial of JZK

J & Z will move to check the fourth wall [no, not that one!]. It's only fair, since there's two of them.

Devixer
2013-02-19, 11:59 PM
Trial of Ashley
It does indeed open the door.
The only question is, will she be able to entice enough chickens onto the plate to keep the door open long enough?

Ashley starts to click her tongue, hoping that the noise will attract the attention of the chickens, while grabbing a bit of the feed.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-20, 12:35 AM
Trial of BF

"Yeah, windmill. Next ill-worded riddle, please." Glaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare.

Zefir
2013-02-20, 02:39 AM
Trial of AZ

Zefir picks out a something that looks like a can with a ring.

"This is a flashbang, a sudden burst of light and noise to disorientate people."

Let's hope that's something Z can deal with.

Aric Kale
2013-02-20, 10:48 AM
Aric nods, That should be perfect. Thank you. Now, how do we set off the flash bang in a way that will be sure to affect the fish?

Zefir
2013-02-20, 04:35 PM
Trial of AZ

"I could use it underwater. The effect might be lower due to the water, but it mainly effects the noise."

Aric Kale
2013-02-20, 05:07 PM
A-Z

I think that will work. We just need to get a bit closer...
Aric will sling the shield over his shoulder and then proceed to toss the chainmail into the water.

Zefir
2013-02-21, 02:54 AM
Trial of AZ

Zefir will start diving again and watches the fish underwater, maybe there is something in this room which could help them after all.

Mindfreak
2013-02-22, 08:08 AM
Trial of BF
"Very good. The final riddle is thus..."
"What has a ring but no finger?"

---

Trial of AZ
The fish is strangely still underwater.
But other than the fish, there isn't anything in the room except for the usual sea-life. Like barnacles and starfish.

---

Trial of Ashley
All of the chickens in the room fall silent and begin to watch Ashley.
She has their attention.

Aric Kale
2013-02-22, 08:34 AM
Is that fish even alive? I'm not sure I've seen it move yet.

Drakeburn
2013-02-22, 06:28 PM
Trial of JKZ

Ken inspects the walls again, listening closely as he taps them with his walking stick, to see if he could hear anything hollow from behind the walls.
"If we can't find anything, does this mean we have to kill the living wall?" He asked with a gulp.

Zefir
2013-02-22, 07:20 PM
Trial of AZ

I think Mind meant it in a sarcastic way.^^
At least I assume the fish has moved, otherwise it would be hard to see that he 'guards' the door.

After all Aric brought up something Zefir thinks now. May it be possible to say what kind of fish it is? I mean is it a shark or something that might tear someone appart?

Earl of Purple
2013-02-22, 07:36 PM
Labyrinth- JZK

Pressed against the fourth wall is an invisible chest. It's made of wood and bound in metal; specifically, mahogany and tin.

The walls seem to have been soundproofed. Ken can tell nothing from whacking them with a stick.

Felandria
2013-02-22, 09:13 PM
Trial of BF
"Very good. The final riddle is thus..."
"What has a ring but no finger?"

A telephone?

Deathkeeper
2013-02-22, 09:35 PM
Trial of JZK

"Hang on, we've got something here."
Jace will attempt to open the invisible chest, placing himself a bit to its left side instead of in the middle.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-23, 03:24 AM
Trial of Best Friends

Barry considers it momentarily, before agreeing with Felandria. "Telephone."

Aric Kale
2013-02-23, 07:31 PM
A-Z

All of these are very good points. I tend to take things at a literal. Doesn't always work out fantastically...
Anyway, considering it's a guard-fish it is probably dangerous or threatening. Yet again, Maybe not...DM?

Devixer
2013-02-23, 07:39 PM
Trial of Ashley

Ashley narrows her eyes a little when all of the chickens fall silent. That seemed a bit off to her. In any case, she spreads a bit of the feed onto the weight plate, before backing up.

Drakeburn
2013-02-23, 11:32 PM
Trial of JZK

"You found something?" Ken asked, turning his attention to Jace and Zebes.
"Where?" He walked over to Jace's wall, hoping that Jace's discovery could help.

Miles Ashbrook
2013-02-25, 12:17 PM
"Now that's... odd."

Lenn knocked on the mirror and waved at herself.

"Hello? Can you hear me?"

Mindfreak
2013-02-25, 07:17 PM
Trial of Lenn
The reflection waved back in sync with Lenn, nodding a few times.

---

Trial of Ashley
Her hand reflected in the chicken's eyes as they watched her dump some feed on the plate.
A tension rose through their ranks.
And then...it happened.
A mad dash for the plate from the chickens as they began to fight for the feed, pecking at each other in all manner of things.
The door begins to raise slowly as more chickens scramble onto the plate.

---

Trial of BF
The sphinx nodded sadly as the door opened to the next room.
"That is correct..."

---

Trial of AZ
The fish looks like an oversized goldfish. :smalltongue:
But when does an adventurer ever trust appearances?

Aric Kale
2013-02-25, 08:34 PM
Alright, let's set off your device and see what happens. Aric Pokes his spearhead through the surface of the water and carves slow circles, creating an interesting ripple effect.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-25, 09:35 PM
Trial of Best Friends

"Good riddance." And he makes a very rude hand gesture before heading for the door. "And, for the record? Two of those 'riddles' were just questions. Poorly phrased questions with more than one answer."

I think he's just annoyed he had to get his brothers to google the answers for him. :smalltongue:

Felandria
2013-02-26, 02:39 AM
Trial of Best Friends

"Good riddance." And he makes a very rude hand gesture before heading for the door. "And, for the record? Two of those 'riddles' were just questions. Poorly phrased questions with more than one answer."

I think he's just annoyed he had to get his brothers to google the answers for him. :smalltongue:

(I knew them.)

I hope this isn't the third room of 100 or anything.

Miles Ashbrook
2013-02-26, 02:02 PM
"I know it's a long shot but, here it goes."

Lenn took a deep breath, lowered her staff, and placed her hand against the mirror as she leaned into it.

"May I please have the key?"

Earl of Purple
2013-02-26, 04:23 PM
Labyrinth- JZK

The invisible chest is unlocked, and also untrapped. The contents, and bottom and side of the chest, are visible- if viewed from the lid. The inside seems larger than it should feasibly be, and contains a wooden ladder and nothing else.

Deathkeeper
2013-02-26, 04:53 PM
Trial of JZK

Well, that's convenient. Jace will attempt to pull out the ladder from the chest.
"I found a ladder."

Mindfreak
2013-02-27, 10:26 AM
Trial of Lenn
The reflection thought for a moment before nodding.
She pushed the key to the otherside and smiled.
What a good use of being polite!

---

Trial of BF
They will proceed to find themselves in a hallway with spikes on one side and holes on the other.
At the end is a door with a sign proclaiming: "Final Chamber"
Let's see what our heroes do!

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-27, 11:19 AM
Trial of Best Friends

Barry holds up a closed fist, signalling that they shouldn't move. Wouldn't want to set the trap off early. Glancing around, he looks for some kind of trigger, or a hint as to what they're supposed to do. Can't be as simple as making a run for the door, can it?

Miles Ashbrook
2013-02-27, 12:12 PM
"Well that went better than planned."

Lenn slowly touched the key for a brief moment before grabbing it and pulling it out.

"Now for that strange door."

Felandria
2013-02-27, 12:52 PM
Trial of Best Friends

Barry holds up a closed fist, signalling that they shouldn't move. Wouldn't want to set the trap off early. Glancing around, he looks for some kind of trigger, or a hint as to what they're supposed to do. Can't be as simple as making a run for the door, can it?

Let's examine it a second.

If we throw something down the hall and stay flat against this wall, would the spikes pierce us?

If not, we could wait for the spikes to go all the way in, then when they begin to retract, we run, that could give us extra time.

Devixer
2013-03-01, 01:08 AM
Trail of Ashley

Ashley immediately paces around the chickens towards the slowly raising door. She crouches to get under it as soon as she can.

Zefir
2013-03-01, 03:48 AM
Alright, let's set off your device and see what happens. Aric Pokes his spearhead through the surface of the water and carves slow circles, creating an interesting ripple effect.

Zefir dives down and comes up fast again.

"I'm not sure. This fish doesn't look dangerouse."

Zefir appears very nervouse. Attacking something like this may be bad.

"Well unless you got some kind of doll/illusion to see if the fish is dangerouse we have less options." Just a last check in.

Aric Kale
2013-03-01, 08:45 AM
Aric pauses...Alright, I'm going to do something entirely stupid...I'm going to swim down there, unarmed and defenseless...wish me luck. Aric will proceed to dive into the water, swimming easily down to the bottom.

Drakeburn
2013-03-01, 12:48 PM
Trial of JZK

"A ladder? Please tell me that doesn't mean we're going through that wall." Ken moaned, glancing at the living wall.
"Can we at least figure out how to kill it?"

Deathkeeper
2013-03-01, 06:23 PM
Jace lays the ladder against the living wall.
"We've looked over the whole place and there's nothing else. It has to be the answer. They wouldn't have put a ladder here otherwise."
(I'm guessing the ladder is roughly the same height as the hole is up?)

Mindfreak
2013-03-02, 06:08 PM
Trial of Lenn
Yes, that strangely locked door.

---

Trial of BF
No trigger or hint.
None of those are visable.
Perhaps you should try something?

---

Trial of Ashley
Slowly by slowly the door raises.
Until...it stops. Just enough for her to be able to get under.
Better hope those chickens keep eating long enough :smalltongue:

---

Trial of AZ
The fish is still under there.
Still in the same place.
Still waiting.

ThirdEmperor
2013-03-02, 06:15 PM
Trial of Best Friends

Barry has an idea. It's probably not right, but, worth testing any hypothesis.

He takes a step forward, then a step back.

Earl of Purple
2013-03-02, 06:43 PM
Labyrinth- JZK

The ladder is indeed the right length to reach the hole in the living wall.

Miles Ashbrook
2013-03-04, 09:04 AM
"That strange door over there, it's almost as if it's mocking me... with its doorness. That wretched door."

Lenn held the key above her head and charged at the door.

"Door! I shall open thee!"

Lenn stopped before bashing into the door and carefully opened it.

Devixer
2013-03-04, 09:44 AM
Trial of Ashley

Ashley is probably quick enough to get under the door before the feeding frenzy is done.

Mindfreak
2013-03-04, 05:51 PM
Trial of BF
And...
Nothing happened.
Perhaps there's some sort of voice activation?

---

Trial of Ashley
She'll be able to narrowly dodge the door coming down then.
And then find that she's in a room made entirely of crystal with a large golden pillar in the middle, marked with carvings of another language. Not to mention also a chest. Possibly full of items.
There's also another door that goes into the room, and it's opening!

---

Trial of Lenn
Lenn will find that she has entered into the room described above at the same time as Ashley!
The question is, will they work together or what?

ThirdEmperor
2013-03-04, 08:24 PM
Trial of BF

"So, any idea what do here? 'cause I'm betting we can't just stroll across without those walls closing in." And Barry's flat out of ideas on how this particular puzzle works.

Felandria
2013-03-04, 08:35 PM
Trial of BF

"So, any idea what do here? 'cause I'm betting we can't just stroll across without those walls closing in." And Barry's flat out of ideas on how this particular puzzle works.

Well, do you trust me?

ThirdEmperor
2013-03-04, 08:42 PM
Trial of BF

"To an extent." That's a polite 'no'. "First I'd like to know what you're planning."

Felandria
2013-03-04, 08:46 PM
Trial of BF

"To an extent." That's a polite 'no'. "First I'd like to know what you're planning."

Felandria hands Barry a pair of rubber gloves.

This is for plan B.

First, time for plan A.

Felandria casts Communal Spider Climb on herself and Barry, then crawls up to the ceiling.

Follow quickly.

ThirdEmperor
2013-03-04, 08:53 PM
Trial of BF

Wut?

Barry takes the gloves on instinct as they're shoved into his hands, but by the time she's finished her wall walking spell, he's had enough. "Okay, no. Not a chance! He waves his hands emphatically, not budging from his spot. "You can't solve these puzzles by magic and I'm not getting sent all the way back now. Before we go anywhere, we are figuring out how to solve this, or at least how it triggers!"

Felandria
2013-03-04, 09:54 PM
Trial of BF

Wut?

Barry takes the gloves on instinct as they're shoved into his hands, but by the time she's finished her wall walking spell, he's had enough. "Okay, no. Not a chance! He waves his hands emphatically, not budging from his spot. "You can't solve these puzzles by magic and I'm not getting sent all the way back now. Before we go anywhere, we are figuring out how to solve this, or at least how it triggers!"

And how are we supposed to figure out how it triggers without triggering it?

Sure, he says if we die, we go back to the entrance, but looking at those spikes, it's still going to hurt pretty darn bad.

Are you telling me I can't use any of the abilities or skills that make me who I am?

Well, Barry, look at it this way, if I don't make it, you can use the time it takes for the wall to reset to make it across yourself.

(Not anything to do with you, TE, but from what he's given us, which is very little, I don't see any other way)

ThirdEmperor
2013-03-04, 10:07 PM
Trial of BF

"What you 'are' doesn't matter, what I'm saying is, magic isn't going to work regardless! I'm a soldier, you don't see me trying to punch my way through." And soldier is pretty much the definition of what he 'is'. Born and bred in a cloning vat.

"Look, what happened last time we tried magic'ing past one of these? The magic cut out! You try crawling along and it'll happen again. And I'm not seeing anywhere I can stand where I won't be crushed when it does." He gestures at the wall of spikes stretching from one end to the next- In case you've forgotten, the doors disappear behind them.

((No offense taken. I'm not seeing many options either, but Barry's adamantly opposed to using magic for the above reasons.))

Felandria
2013-03-04, 10:32 PM
Trial of BF

"What you 'are' doesn't matter, what I'm saying is, magic isn't going to work regardless! I'm a soldier, you don't see me trying to punch my way through." And soldier is pretty much the definition of what he 'is'. Born and bred in a cloning vat.

"Look, what happened last time we tried magic'ing past one of these? The magic cut out! You try crawling along and it'll happen again. And I'm not seeing anywhere I can stand where I won't be crushed when it does." He gestures at the wall of spikes stretching from one end to the next- In case you've forgotten, the doors disappear behind them.

((No offense taken. I'm not seeing many options either, but Barry's adamantly opposed to using magic for the above reasons.))

(I asked Mindfreak for specifics on the layout of the room to determine whether there was, or at least approximately how long the hall was, but he doesn't want to tell us, which may be a clue in and of itself.

I hate knowing less than my character.)

Felandria comes off of the wall.

Fine.

But we need to think of something.

Do you have a rope?

ThirdEmperor
2013-03-04, 10:43 PM
Trial of BF

((Yeeeaah, no. That ain't cool. If the puzzle does have something to do with the room's physical dimensions I'm gonna be annoyed.))

"I do. But I don't think that's the solution." Barry sighs, pressing his thumb and pointer finger over his eyes. This kind of thinking isn't his forte, but.. "Look, see, this place doesn't work like that, I think. Magic and rope won't get us through, because everything's set up to test our wits, not magic or whether we brought some rope."

Aric Kale
2013-03-05, 10:50 AM
)(My apologies to Zefir. I didn't realize it was my turn...)(

A-Z

Aric swims up to the fish, maybe ten feet away and in it's direct eyesight. He's unarmed...

Miles Ashbrook
2013-03-05, 12:32 PM
"Ooo, pretty."

Lenn wanders over to the golden pillar before noticing that she is not the only one in the room.

"I thought I was going in alone, I- I can't handle more people!"

Lenn decides to hide behind the pillar and watch the person that also entered the chamber.

Drakeburn
2013-03-05, 04:39 PM
Trial of JZK

Ken gets behind the ladder and holds onto it tightly.
"Hopefully it isn't so bad inside." He says with a worried chuckle.

Zefir
2013-03-05, 04:44 PM
A-Z

Zefir does nothing but watch for now.

Deathkeeper
2013-03-05, 05:12 PM
Trial of JZK

"If you want, we can go first."

Drakeburn
2013-03-05, 05:20 PM
Trial of JZK

"I suppose so, since I'm holding the ladder steady......" Ken suddenly froze for a moment, smiling at the ceiling. This usually happens when he gets an idea.

"I suppose it would be safe to take a look in there with a glowing coin, or whatever you call it, and this....." Ken let go of the ladder for a moment to get his backpack and pull out his telescope.
"Will probably help you get a better view in there." He says with enthusiasm as he hands it to Jace.

Deathkeeper
2013-03-05, 05:23 PM
Trial of JZK

"Sounds fine to me."
Jace will climb to the top of the ladder and take a look through the telescope.
The penny should still be glowing, and he'll use Mage hand to keep it moving down the tunnel.
[Personally, Boss, I think you're right, but we might as well make sure.]

Earl of Purple
2013-03-05, 05:28 PM
Labyrinth- JZK

The coin reveals that the tube turns left quite gradually, but is long enough that the coin is out of sight around the corner before it finds an end. The tube is occasionally decorated by long hairs growing from its walls, floor or ceiling. If the coin brushes one, a blast of air is snorted from the tunnel.

Deathkeeper
2013-03-05, 05:36 PM
Trial of JZK

Jace's coin only hits one of the hairs, but it's enough. At least his mouth was closed when he got a face full of wall-breath.
"Eeyup, it's alive all right. Shouldn't be too much of a problem as long as we don't touch the hairs inside. I know it sounds nasty, but that's probably the main deterrent here."
Zebes idly probes out with his telepathy. If it is an organism, he wonders if it has a mind.

Drakeburn
2013-03-05, 05:46 PM
Trial of JZK

"Well, that is reassuring actually." Ken replied.
"At least we're not going into a mouth. And it is certainly better than going through sewer systems........ It is a really long story."

He wonders if there is more to this than just a large nostril.

"If you like, I'll go first."

Devixer
2013-03-05, 05:51 PM
Trial of Ashley

Ashley approaches the golden pillar to see if she can recognize the language. She rolls her eyes a bit in response to the woman speaking like she couldn't be heard.

Deathkeeper
2013-03-05, 05:52 PM
Trial of JZK

Sliding down the ladder, Jace hands him back the telescope. "Sure, if you'd like."

Earl of Purple
2013-03-05, 05:52 PM
Labyrinth- JZK

If there is a mind, it is either out of Zebes' telepathic range or too vast/alien to be recognisable as such.

The hole in the wall is continuing to breathe, as well.

Drakeburn
2013-03-05, 06:25 PM
Trial of JZK

"Thank you." Ken says as he puts his telescope away.
"Now for the fun part....." He whispers to himself as he draws his short sword and climbs up the ladder. It was certainly an over-sized nostril for sure.
He steps inside, being as careful as possible as he advances into nostril.

Deathkeeper
2013-03-05, 11:30 PM
Trial of JZK

Jace will follow into the tunnel with his familiar on his shoulder.

Miles Ashbrook
2013-03-06, 09:00 AM
Lenn kept herself hidden but examined the golden pillar, completely confused and equally clueless, Lenn poked the object repeatedly hoping for some sort of reaction, flinching after nearly every poke.

"Maybe if I ask nicely the writing will change?"

After asking she slapped her forehead and groaned.

"Lenn you're an idiot."

Lenn returned to touching and searching the pillar.

Mindfreak
2013-03-06, 07:12 PM
Trial of BF
"Look, what happened last time we tried magic'ing past one of these? The magic cut out!
Trial of BF
At this, the door opens a tiny bit.
Perhaps it was something he said?:smalltongue:

---

Trial of Ashley and Lenn
Upon touching the pillar, Lenn will find herself being shocked quite profusely.
She may not want to continue doing that :smalltongue:

The language seems to be in a strange language and says the following:
Irefay Iceway Ightninglay

---

Trial of AZ
The fish turns his mighty head and looks at Aric, staring deep into his eyes and perhaps his soul.
Aric should find himself feeling quite sluggish if he stares into the fish's eyes for too long.
Other than that, it seems harmless...

Earl of Purple
2013-03-06, 07:20 PM
Labyrinth- JZK

If anybody is keeping track, the long nostril-tube curves gently around... but by the time it finishes, they should have reached where they started.

It ends with another hole in it, this one overlooking a gap between the living wall and another wall, this one seemingly made of pink marble, bridged by a rickety wooden construction leading to a round hatch. Flying across is unwise; the tunnel's breathing originates in the gap and is caused by strong, rapidly-changing winds.

ThirdEmperor
2013-03-06, 07:26 PM
Trial of BF

Huh. Barry glances to the door, then back to Felandria.

Let's try that again, a little slower. "Look ... What ... Happened ... Last ... Time ... We ... Tried ... Magic'ing ... Past ... One ... Of ... These ... The ... Magic ... Cut ... Out..."

His William Shatner impression is excellent. :smalltongue:

Aric Kale
2013-03-06, 07:27 PM
Aric is feeling veeery sleee-no! He shakes his head and swims to the surface, gasping for air.