PDA

View Full Version : How to increase Polymorph HD cap?

GreenSerpent
2013-02-09, 12:21 PM
I have a query. Is there a way to increase the HD cap of the Polymorph spell specifically (NOT shapechange, PAO, or anything else)?

The game is at level 60 and I have an interesting little trick I want to pull with Master Transmogrifist. I need to get it at the very least up to 17 HD, but preferably up to 44 HD.

Thanks!

Kazyan
2013-02-09, 12:32 PM
You're looking for Reserves of Strength, I believe.

44 HD

Hagunemnon shenanigans?

Vaz
2013-02-09, 12:44 PM
Yep. Reserves of Strength is a Polymorphers/Shapechangers best friend. I'd looked at it with regards to Wildshape earlier today, but sadly no dice.

You cannot exceed your Caster level, but there are a ton of easy to get CL increases; Bead of Karma for example.

GreenSerpent
2013-02-09, 05:27 PM
Yep. Reserves of Strength is a Polymorphers/Shapechangers best friend. I'd looked at it with regards to Wildshape earlier today, but sadly no dice.

You cannot exceed your Caster level, but there are a ton of easy to get CL increases; Bead of Karma for example.

Nope. Chronotryn via Shapechange + Infinite Variety to grab Protean Alter Form (Ex).

Or something~

Kazyan
2013-02-09, 05:44 PM
Nope. Chronotryn via Shapechange + Infinite Variety to grab Protean Alter Form (Ex).

Or something~

Aha, Hagunemnon. Called it.

(Is it bad that I can now recognize obscure options from their tangentially-related trivia? :smallyuk:)