PDA

View Full Version : Thrown Weapons:Stacking Feats/Tricks

Roblin Gogue
2013-02-09, 08:38 PM
I'm trying to figure out what stacks when it comes to throwing multiple weapons. The main abilities/tricks/feats I'm looking at are TWF(s), Palm Throw and Doubletoss (Master Thrower), and Rapid Shot.
With basic TWF and Rapid Shot, I think there are three attacks at -4 each.
With Imp. TWF, Palm Throw and +6/+1 BAB, shouldn't I get eight attacks?
Needless to say, I'm somewhat new to the game and could use some answers on this subject. Thanks

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-02-09, 08:51 PM
Doubletoss is a standard action, which means it cannot be combined with a full attack. You have to full attack to gain extra attacks from TWF, Rapid Shot, Haste, etc. so Doubletoss is pretty worthless.
For number of attacks, a Monk level for Flurry of Blows with Shurikens and Palm Throw plus Rapid Shot and TWF and Haste and a full attack is probably your best course of action.

Fouredged Sword
2013-02-09, 09:09 PM
Enchant the Shuriken with splitting. Dip barbarian for Whirling Frenzy. Take swiftblade 9, and use the extra standard action to use greater manyshot?

Roblin Gogue
2013-02-09, 09:36 PM
Ok that makes more sense. Thanks. One last thing, does Palm Throw apply to all attacks, just one, or one per hand? The wording has me dumbfounded.
Palm Throw: When using little thrown weapons (darts, shuriken, and daggers; the DM may allow other weapons), a master thrower with this ability may throw two of each weapon with a single attack roll. Damage for each weapon is resolved separately, but the master thrower does not apply her Strength bonus to either damage roll.

tyckspoon
2013-02-09, 09:36 PM
I'm trying to figure out what stacks when it comes to throwing multiple weapons. The main abilities/tricks/feats I'm looking at are TWF(s), Palm Throw and Doubletoss (Master Thrower), and Rapid Shot.
With basic TWF and Rapid Shot, I think there are three attacks at -4 each.
With Imp. TWF, Palm Throw and +6/+1 BAB, shouldn't I get eight attacks?
Needless to say, I'm somewhat new to the game and could use some answers on this subject. Thanks

Imp. Twf, Palm Throw, Rapid Shot, your attack sequence is:

BAB/BAB(Rapid Shot)/BAB (TWF)/BAB-5/BAB-5 (Imp. TWF.) Five attacks at a -4 penalty (TWF + Rapid Shot penalties) and throwing 2 weapons each attack. Note that Palm Throw does not make 2 separate *attacks*- the 2 weapons use the same attack roll, but deal damage separately.

Enchant the Shuriken with splitting.

Splitting is specifically a bow/crossbow property. Thrown weapon users don't get to play with it, sadly.

Roblin Gogue
2013-02-09, 09:51 PM
Ok. And Sneak Attack would only trigger 5 times, not 10?

Kelb_Panthera
2013-02-10, 09:56 AM
Ok. And Sneak Attack would only trigger 5 times, not 10?

That's correct. 1 SA per attack roll,