PDA

View Full Version : Planets of Magic - Dajerbyjul - WIP/PEACH

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-02-09, 10:26 PM
"The smoke over Dajerbyjul is constant; to protect their lungs from it, citizens wear finely-woven silks folded over their faces. Over the years, these have become a huge part of their culture, and the way a person wears their cloth says everything about them. There are folds for women who are wed, or who wish to become wed; there are folds for women in mourning, or who wish to become in mourning."

Hello and welcome to the third installment of my ongoing "Planets of Magic" world building project. I've started work on assembling a massive collection of Google Docs about this setting, but there's so much that I'm basically writing a very small wiki.

Oh, I haven't gotten any comments on these yet, so if anyone is reading and/or enjoying... let me know what you think. Even if what you think is "Dude, shut up until you have a finished product, rather than an installment plan."

So, without further ado, I give you the Fiercest of the Free, the World of Ten Thousand Fires, the Greatest of the Independent Planets, The Smoky Jewel itself... Dajerbjul.

Dajerbyjul (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IiyD4ameWWiMKK7WNR94HYt7OTAS84PKxYMGNG6UmiQ/pub)

EDIT: Moved document to google docs, set up table of contents.

Xuc Xac
2013-02-10, 06:07 AM
Furthermore, "Strength pared with weakness" is always the preferable arrangement - the Strong element shapes the Weak to its desires, and as a unit, they become more effective for it.

Actually, "strength pared with weakness" means that the weak shapes the strong, not the other way around.

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-02-10, 07:52 AM
Actually, "strength pared with weakness" means that the weak shapes the strong, not the other way around.

Typo; was supposed to say "paired." Amway, fixed now; thanks.