PDA

View Full Version : Triple Threat - PC Interactive

Pages : [1] 2

Sliver
2013-02-10, 03:14 AM
This thread is purely for PC chat among themselves. NPCs that are obviously accessible to the party, such as Octopus or the ship's crew while on board can be involved.

If your character starts talking with a PC/NPC that she didn't before, bold the name and post OOC about it, as sometimes the player (or even me) might not be closely following this thread.

You can run multiple conversations at the same time across multiple timelines, but always add a way to recognize at what point in the game the talk happens. It can be "Day 5 of Sailing" or "After the Kraken eats Opee".

Archmage1
2013-02-10, 03:22 AM
Eolande (crow's nest)
Eolande's words seem to reach Airis, and she silently returns Eolande's hug.

"Thank you for being here. Like I said, talking about things...and having someone listen, it really helps me," Airis says, the sorrow in her voice beginning to fade.

"For all your talk about actions speaking better than words, you seem to know the right ones to use," she comments, smiling a bit, the memory seeming to have fully left her for now.

"For some reason, talking when you can always seems to make things better. Sadly, it does not work for me. Just because I prefer actions does not mean that I can't use words."

Eolande is content to simply stay up in the nest all day, content to point out the fish in the sea. Airis might have an inkling of why she weighs so little...

PersonMan
2013-02-10, 03:42 AM
Eolande (crow's nest)

Airis is fine with staying up in the crow's nest for a few hours, even, but eventually...

"Eolande, I think it's about time to eat," Airis says, feeling a hole in her stomach that demands to be filled. "You know, you don't seem hungry. If you don't eat, you'll get so light I can carry you on one finger!" she jokes.

After a few moments, Airis shyly smiles and speaks again. "If you don't mind me asking, how do you keep your figure without eating much? Everyone I knew with, ehm, a chest your size ate a lot," Airis begins to blush, clearly only just barely able to actually ask Eolande about it.

Aldurin
2013-02-10, 03:43 AM
@MArculous
Eolande will try and have a conversation about magic with you.
At some point during the trip, Eolande approaches MArculous
"You seemed rather handy with that belt on the carriage, and then you made enchanted your equipment in the duel. Do you think you could teach me how to do that, or explain how you do it?"

Marculous is currently hanging off of some the the netting with 3 hands, lazily watching the waves. When Eolande asks her question, his mannerisms become less distant and unaware as his favorite subject is now on topic, "It's an odd category of magic, it's less learning to understand magic and more learning how to understand objects and their capability to hold and channel it. It's something that's eventually easy to pick up on if you find yourself crafting enough of everything." He pauses to think for a moment, "Teaching you how to do it would be hard, since it's a balance of understanding the properties of what you're making and the intuition to find and force that potential out of it. The concepts may blow over your head if you try to study your way into it, I recommend to start from the bottom with making anything that's mundane. Once you get a feel for the material, and get the opportunity to compare it to a charged component, you'll be able to start understanding what parts you need to understand, and . . . feeling the parts that are marred by such analysis." He shifts his position and swings to the underside of the net, allowing himself to be upright, pulling out some leather and some metal from his pockets to show Eolande, "Take for instance leather, which is an organic material, and any metal, be it copper, iron or adamantine. You'd think that the metal would be easier to work with than leather, given how it conducts temperature better, and by logic other energy. While that's true, it also makes that energy harder to control and bend to what you want it to be. Leather, on the other hand, may be harder to figure out initially, since it's for all purposes an inert material. But once you overcome the obstacle of understanding how magic affects it, it's generally a straight shot to whatever effect you wanted. It's still a hit-and-miss process, hence why I asked for your help with it before. More people who are in tune with using existing effects can help stabilize the process of making a new one."

PersonMan
2013-02-10, 03:46 AM
Oz:

"I see," Airis replies, nodding with understanding. His own feelings were just like what hers would have been if she had lost. That was something they had in common, at least.

"If you like, I could help you improve if you wish. Perhaps even teach you a few Steps..." at this, Airis looks him up and down again, seeming to pay a moment of concentrated attention on his hips. "It might be a bit hard for you to get the right mix of hips and lunge, though," she decides.

---

During a break with Opee and Kalti, or after they finish, Airis heads off to find Marculous, approaching him with her rapier.

"You make magic artifacts, right? Can you give weapons magic improvements, as well?" she asks. "On the Continent, having magic weapons will be a great boon,"

Archmage1
2013-02-10, 03:56 AM
@Airis

"Oh, right, food. I do tend to forget that a bit. Now that I think of it, I am a bit hungry..."

As Airis draws attention to her breasts, Eolande looks down
"I never really thought of that. Ever since I was young they were like this. Useful, at times, but they do get in the way a bit as well. I suppose it is either magic, or what I eat just goes straight there. I would probably be happier with yours, all things being equal."

Eolande leads the way, flying down to the ground, heading towards the galley

@Marculous
Eolande listens intently to his explanation of his arts.
"I suppose that is similar to my magic, in many ways. In order to get into a mind, it needs to let me in, so I need to understand what to offer it in order to do so. Of course, I don't always get it right, and the magic does help. Now, as for learning it, I have an intuitive understanding of illusion and enchantment, backed by a learned knowledge of enchantment, and more general magics. Do your comparisons of items affect the new item in any way? And I would have thought that leather is definitely easier to work with than metal, since I can actually touch leather, whereas most of the metal I have seen after leaving my home has been poison to me. Still, perhaps I might learn something by helping you make things. I think you would appreciate my help, as I am fairly good with magic."

PersonMan
2013-02-10, 04:12 AM
Eolande (main deck -> galley)
Airis isn't entirely sure how to respond to Eolande's statement about rather having her breasts, so she simply nods and follows the half-fey as she flies down to the main deck. The duelist smiles to herself, though, happy to have found something about her appearance Eolande could admire. It was really unfair if she had all of the good cards.

As they get to the galley, Airis gets herself a large plate of the cook's latest creation, eating efficiently and quickly.

While they eat, Airis turns to Eolande, another question in her mind. "What kind of foods are you used to eating? In Aurelia the stories say fey are everything from leaf-munchers to carnivorous, so I'm not really aware of the reality of what they eat," she says.

Archmage1
2013-02-10, 04:20 AM
@Airis

Eolande calmly walks in front of Airis along the way, until they reach a door, at which point she courteously allows Airis to take the lead.

As she collects food, she gets a small serving of cheese, some nuts, and a few of the stored vegetables, making herself a small salad. She produces her own dishes to eat with, their gleam revealing them to be silver, instead of the standard steel.

At Airis's question, she looks down at her food, and then up at Airis
"I suppose that I would be a leaf-muncher on that scale. My people do eat meat, but rarely, at sacred ceremonies only. Mostly, it just tastes bad."
She then looks over at Airis's bowl of hot, meaty stew, and smiles
"I see you like meat yourself. To each her own, I suppose."

She then eats her food, her salad vanishing rapidly. Once she is done, she watches the amount of food that Airis puts away with amazement
"How do you fit all that in?"

PersonMan
2013-02-10, 04:32 AM
Eolande
Airis nods at Eolande's answer. Barely aware of being hungry and only eating salad? No wonder she was so thin, Airis thinks.

"So it seems," Airis says. "You mentioned sacred ceremonies - do you have a religion with specific deities, or just..." Airis realizes she isn't sure what their alternative would be.

At Eolande's question, Airis smiles. "You just need to keep your wits about you. I, on the other hand, have a long list of muscles to keep running and I have to feed my mind, too," she replies. "A duelist needs a strong mind and a strong body,"

Archmage1
2013-02-10, 04:35 AM
@Airis

"Not a religion as I suspect you would recognize it, they are more rites of passage, that sort of thing. While there were gods, I did not really pay that much attention to them. That was more the elves, than the fey."

"That must be it, I think, although it would seem that you have a hollow leg or two to go with those lovely muscles."
Eolande is clearly enjoying the byplay

PersonMan
2013-02-10, 04:47 AM
Eolande
Airis nods at the mention of rites of passage. Those seemed to exist everywhere, no matter if Aurelian, fey, or other. Although, knowing Eolande, she wouldn't be surprised if the fey rite of passage was something...very sexual.

Airis smiles at Eolande's mention of a hollow leg, moreso at her complement. "Perhaps I do...if anyone could find out, you'd be it," she replies, now confidently in her domain. Eolande's direct affection and manner of talking about sexual things still fazed her, but Airis had long honed her indirect flirtations.

Archmage1
2013-02-10, 04:50 AM
@Airis

"And the discovery would be so much fun as well... Plenty of time for such things later, of course."
Eolande smiles, as she imagines such a quest...
Then she stands up, and heads into the kitchen to clean off her silver dishes.

PersonMan
2013-02-10, 04:58 AM
Eolande
Airis follows Eolande after a brief moment to sweep the last bit of broth and a bit of meat into her mouth, setting down her dishware and waiting for Eolande to wash hers.

"Do you know if it's only iron that burns you, or do similar metals do so as well?" Airis asks, her thoughts on her ring. For Eolande's sake she had stopped wearing her sparse jewelry - the thought of the half-fey leaping into her arms, then jumping back with a searing mark on her forehead was something that made Airis hasty to remove it - but the ring was platinum rather than steel, so perhaps it wouldn't bother her. It felt odd, to be without any rubies on her person. Almost like missing an item of clothing.

Archmage1
2013-02-10, 05:01 AM
@Airis

At Airis's question, Eolande pauses, considering her response, before giving it
"I don't know. I think it is only iron, but I have not exactly been going around touching other metals to find out. I do know that silver, and moonsilver(mithral) are fine."
She pauses for a moment, her voice softer, almost afraid
"I could try touching some other metals, if you have them."

PersonMan
2013-02-10, 05:13 AM
Eolande
"Understandable. I don't think I'd go around poking things that could burn me all the time, either," Airis replies.

The change in Eolande's tone does not go unnoticed - in fact, the duelist feels the urge to draw the half-fey in and hold her tightly, an overdeveloped protective instinct not quite appropriate for the context. There is one thing, yes. You don't need to touch it, I think - you can feel it if it would hurt you, right? I mean, without getting burned," Airis asks.

If Eolande has no problems with checking it:
Airis leads the way, opening and closing doors, to the room. Once there she goes to her things and fishes out a ring. Gleaming brightly in the light, it bears a beautifully cut and polished ruby in its center.

Turning to Eolande, Airis holds it in one palm. "Here it is. It's platinum," she explains.

Archmage1
2013-02-10, 05:19 AM
@Airis

Still speaking nervously
"That might work, but I could not be absolutely certain without touching it. I definitely feel the presence of Iron, like a cold flame, although, not exactly."
She looks around, and sighs
"Still, for you? I will try"

Once they reach the room:
As Airis presents the ring, Eolande's eyes widen "Its beautiful." She slowly extends her hand towards the ring, noting that her fingers never hurt. After several long moments, she taps it with her finger, which, fortunately, does not smoke.
After looking in amazement at her unburned finger, she looks to Airis, and leaps into a hug.
"It would seem that platinum, at least is ok. But can we please not try any more metals for now?"
If Airis agrees, Eolande kisses her deeply, the kiss, perhaps, leading to more

Last post for the time being in this IC

PersonMan
2013-02-10, 05:54 AM
Eolande
Airis smiles widely as the ring doesn't burn Eolande. She could wear that, then, at least. As Eolande jumps onto her, Airis sets down the ring and slings her arms around her, below the wings this time, rather than over them.

"Of course, I just wanted to check if I could wear it without hurting you," Airis replies, returning Eolande's kiss with equal fervor. Their discussions before, the dance and now this was all working in one direction. Feeling the half-fey's body pressed against hers, Airis carefully begins to lower her hands, shyly pressing against Eolande's body, waiting for a positive response before going further.

If she gets one
Airis breaks the kiss briefly, breathing heavily. "Let's...you know, get out of these," she says, patting her clothes with one hand and stroking Eolande's dress with the other.

Further Entertainment
Airis takes more initiative this time. She pays special attention to what Eolande does and, if the half-fey makes another offer to, is willing to try and learn some of her techniques.

If not
Airis stops her hands, restricting herself to only the kiss. When the two stop for air (or Eolande says something), Airis' eyes are filled with retrained want.

Further Entertainment
Airis is a bit less sure of her herself than last time, wanting to give back what Eolande gives her but unsure of how to go about it.

Archmage1
2013-02-10, 11:03 AM
@Airis

As she feels Airis's hands slowly trace down the base of her wings, she twitches, struggling to contain her sound of pleasure. However, as Airis's hands go lower, she is unable to do so. As Airis breaks off the kiss, Eolande's short gasp of protest is clearly audible, however, as Airis proposes the removal of some additional clothing, Eolande leaps onto her, her dress pushed up around her waist, and kisses Airis once more, her hands slowly exploring Airis's front, slowly removing the clothing found there, demonstrating that she was paying attention to Airis's reactions earlier.

PersonMan
2013-02-10, 11:40 AM
Eolande
Airis is pleasantly surprised by Eolande's reaction, glad to see that for once it seemed she had managed to drive the half-fey into such an excited state. Letting Eolande's weight push her down onto the bed, Airis stops working the newly found sweet spot on Eolande's wings only to work on removing the dress.

Archmage1
2013-02-10, 12:45 PM
@Airis

After an extremely entertaining evening for both Airis and Eolande, ended when neither of them could move any more, Airis wakes up as the sunlight dips across her face. To her surprise, the warm, familiar weight of Eolande is not there this morning.

If she looks around, she soon spots Eolande sitting on the corner of her bed, looking sad, as though she has just thought of something she does not like.

PersonMan
2013-02-10, 01:53 PM
Eolande
Airis, a bit stiff after the thorough exhaustion of the night before, takes one breath before she realizes something is different. The soft resistance of Eolande's body isn't there - rather than pushing up against her sleeping form, Airis' chest pushes only against the blanket as she inhales.

Lifting herself off the bed with her arms, Airis blinks against the light, the blanket slipping down some. Ignore the chill, Airis sits up fully, rubbing her eyes and looking again, this time seeing Eolande.

"Eolande...? Is something wrong?" Airis asks, her voice tired and ever so slightly hoarse from the night before. With growing grace, working the soreness out of her limbs and the veil of sleep from her mind, Airis stretches a bit, looking over to Eolande with growing concern. It was entirely unexpected for her to have gone to her own bed - in the past she had been entirely happy waking up literally lying on top of Airis, preferring that to sleeping next to her and far more than being alone.

So why would she do so now...? Something had to be wrong.

Archmage1
2013-02-10, 02:11 PM
@Airis
(note, this one might not work out. Trying not to sound artificial here)

As Airis speaks, Eolande looks up, surprised that Airis is awake. As she looks up, Airis notices that she has tears in her eyes. Her voice is quavery, as though this is hard for her(it is)
"I... I think so. I think what we have, is the result of my magic, not your choice."
She falls silent once more, tears now running down her face. A few moments later
(I suspect you will ask something along the lines of what do you mean, or what made you think that)

"I... I talked to Jace a couple of days ago, about what happened at the tournament, with the dust and the people just surrendering to me. I thought they were being nice, but, from what he said, it might have been my magic. If that was magic..."
Eolande falls silent once more, looking miserable

(yes, there is more to be said, but, I think a response is needed before continuing)

PersonMan
2013-02-10, 02:50 PM
Eolande
As Eolande speaks, Airis' first instinct is to laugh. Obviously, though, that isn't appropriate here...or perhaps it is?

"What makes you think that?" Airis asks, curious. Perhaps there was a good reason for her to think so...she doubted it, but perhaps.

As Eolande relates the tale of her talking to Jace, Airis sees the problem.

"Eolande...I don't think that's possible," she begins. "I don't want to brag, but when we fought I shrugged off enough of your magic to know what your power feels like. When you tried to press your will onto mine, to make me sleep, there was an unmistakeable feeling to it. Something I know I'd recognize again," the duelist explains.

"If you still doubt it, I'll use the spider's eyes. Lolth gives her duelists and priestesses a way to see through the web of reality - as both, I can see the auras of people and any magic that might be clinging to them,"

With this, Airis concentrates, focusing her mind until the world's colors fade away. Gray on gray are the floorboards, the beds...Eolande's aura, a breathtaking deep purple that has Airis stunned for a brief moment, and her own crimson one, are the only colors left.

Airis looks at Eolande, then to herself. Just as she expected, there was no hint of magic on her, nor any lingering energies of a past spell. There was an aura around Eolande, but any sort of mind-bending magic would be on her, not the half-fey. At the most, she could be strengthening her own charms, but Airis had no problems with that (she actually finds it attractive and is thrilled that Eolande would do that for her) and decides not to mention it.

"Nothing," Airis says, her eyes glowing with power.

Standing up, Airis goes to Eolande, sitting next to her. "If you want to, try asking me something just like you did during the tournament. Make sure it's not something I'd normally do - maybe hop on one foot, or something. You'll see that I don't, and that I'm not under any magic,"

Archmage1
2013-02-10, 03:00 PM
@Airis

"That might help, But... if you were under such a spell, you would tell me what you thought I wanted to hear, not the truth."

After Airis casts her spell, and responds with saying nothing, Eolande looks over to her once more, this time, not looking as miserable.
"All right, that would show if you were under some sort of spell, wouldn't it."
She considers for a moment, before making a brief gesture, and saying a simple word: "Laugh."

dc 16 will save

PersonMan
2013-02-10, 03:17 PM
Eolande:
Airis looks at Eolande, nothing happening for a moment.

Then she feels it. A wave of her power, pure will, pressing down on her. Closing her eyes, Airis breathes it in slowly, smiling. "Eolande, like I said...I recognize your power," she opens her eyes, entirely serious. "But when I look at you, I don't feel that,"

Airis feels a bit conflicted, despite the confident face she shows. That tiny seed of doubt, planted by her past experiences and awakened by Eolande's comment about friends, grew more as Eolande mentioned the possibility of her having charmed the Aurelian.

A moment of logical thought later, Airis trips over another thing. "Even if that had worked, you could just ask me to tell the truth about what I felt, or what I saw then I looked at our auras," she says, pressing a bit of irrational anger down. There was no reason to get angry about Eolande's lack of confidence here. Especially if it was just wounded pride...

Archmage1
2013-02-10, 03:32 PM
@Airis

As Airis speaks, hope blossoms in Eolande's eyes: Perhaps she had not turned this wonderful woman into her friend magically. Perhaps, she had done that herself.
Hesitantly, she speaks, her voice betraying her nervousness
"Its just that... well, it is hard for me to believe that someone wonderful like you would be willing to stay with something like me."

At Airis's momentary surge of anger(5 ranks in sense motive...), Eolande's face droops, and she starts sobbing again, her words broken up by her sobs.
"If you were under my spell, you would do anything to make me happy. Even lie."(Yes, it would be somewhat harder to make out, but...)

PersonMan
2013-02-10, 04:01 PM
Eolande
Airis stays silent for a moment. Eolande's compliment touches her (in the sense of "I'm touched, thank you so much!"), but what she says with it touches on her own feelings, about two and a half years ago.

"Eolande," Airis says, taking one of her hands in her own, gently stroking it. "I don't know what happened to make you think so little of yourself, but maybe I can make you consider something,"

"You know, before I met you, I had never had a proper relationship. Not of this kind. Everyone I was with either did things to me, not with me, or seduced me to get me out of my armor to make me easier to kill," Airis continues, strong emotion in her voice. There's a sort of stern authority in her voice, her gaze. It says 'look at me, think about me, this is not you past' with every ounce of persuasive power the duelist has. (Oddly enough, Intimidate is all she has ranks in. +8, if it matters, but she's going for a sort of "no, don't think of the past, listen to me, now' thing.)

"The first time I killed someone, it was barely me. The second time reduced me to a wreck for almost a month. I nearly wasted away, seeing those eyes, hearing the voice beg for death only hours after it spoke to me of how cute I was," Airis continues. (Eolande might be able to see that this is why she doesn't want to be called "cute".) "But I'm stronger for it. I take my past and forge it into my strength. But it's not always enough. If I know nothing but pain and hurt, I can't make new strength from it," Her speech allows for no intervention, her gaze for no distraction. This is Airis at her fullest.

"Eolande, you let me know what we do as something more than deceit and pain, what we have as more than a lie. You are my strength, and I...I will be yours. Eolande, I swear on the ruby of my bloodline that there is not a hint of magical manipulation in my feelings for you," Clearly, this is a serious oath. Ancient holy laws-serious.

"Eolande. I love you. Because of my feelings, nothing else," Airis ends, the slowly-building red aura around her fading. A storm of emotion is in her eyes, affection, hope and...something else, in the very back, threatening to break through. Not anger, but just as strong.

Archmage1
2013-02-10, 04:10 PM
@Airis

Eolande, amazingly, speaks of her past, giving at least some minimal details.
"What happened, well, more or less 2 years of torture, followed by 15ish years of somewhat lesser torture."
She breaths in deeply
"The last time I had a relationship sort of like ours, was before that. It led to me being banished."

As Airis makes her impassioned speech, Eolande whispers, her voice hard to hear in the ringing silence left be Airis
"I... I have never killed anyone, although, there was one I would have killed, given half a chance. I was not given the chance. Someone else killed him first."

When Airis proclaims her love for her, Eolande feels slightly guilty, since she does not yet feel the same way, and might never, after all, but, not wanting to hurt her friend, she does the only thing she can: She takes Airis into her arms, speaking softly "I'm sorry I doubted you."

A successful confidence check.

PersonMan
2013-02-10, 04:26 PM
Eolande
Airis feels a stabbing phantom pain, her protectiveness of Eolande and empathy spiking. Her own experience didn't compare.

Airis doesn't say anything as Eolande speaks about wanting to kill someone. She knew the feeling, herself, but those moments of power, her rapier against a throat, had changed her perception. It was dangerous, a seductive strength only able to be tamed by the chosen of Aira.

As Eolande speaks again, Airis smiles, closing her arms around Eolande's shoulders and letting her head rest on the half-fey's bare shoulder, happy that those moments were over.

Archmage1
2013-02-10, 04:39 PM
@Airis

Eolande simply holds Airis, content to enjoy the contact while she can, for as long as she can

(posting rate now dropping drastically)

PersonMan
2013-02-10, 05:05 PM
Eolande
(That's fine, I'm going to bed now anyways.)

After a while, Airis pulls out of the hug gently, smiling. "Let's get dressed," she says.

"As much as I enjoy seeing you like this, we have to start the day some time, after all," Airis says, her gaze flickering once over Eolande's exposed skin before she winks at the half-fey. "Unless you want to continue what we left off last night..."

If no:
"No problem, it's probably a bad idea, we might strain a few muscles if we work them out again so soon," she says.

Airis gets dressed and sets the door ajar for Eolande if she isn't leaving then, giving her a quick shoulder-level hug before they go separate ways, before or after breakfast.

If yes:
"Alright, then! Let's see if I can remember where what was when you got really loud..." Airis scoots up to Eolande, seeming a step more confident than last time, brushing her hands over her skin and kissing her, hands reaching for her wings again to replicate her success the night before...

Archmage1
2013-02-10, 05:09 PM
@Airis

As Airis proposes getting dressed, Eolande can't help but to feel a moment of regret. Sex would probably soften the memories that they both stirred up. As she notices Airis's gaze glance over her, she feels a moment of hope, which is soon confirmed, as Airis confidently proposes trying again.
Before Airis can get another word out, Eolande leans in and kisses her, her hands carefully manipulating Airis's breasts. Once she feels the need to breath again, she leans back, and Airis comes to her this time.

Sure enough, they go at it again.

PersonMan
2013-02-15, 09:12 AM
Marculous
"Hey, Marculous," Airis begins, approaching the insect when he doesn't seem busy, or at least between projects. "I've been wondering about something. Do you ever feel lonely, like you want to know someone else who's like you?" she asks. "Are you even interested in socialization and romance? I mean, I know - well, knew - some people who focused on one thing their whole lives. You could be one of them,"

Later on

"You make magic artifacts, right? Can you give weapons magic improvements, as well?" she asks. "On the Continent, having magic weapons would be a great boon, but I've heard that making powerful artifacts has a personal cost for the maker,"

Eolande (Wake up)
Airis stretches, shivering slightly in the morning chill, pulling the cloak tighter around her. Standing up, she smiles at Eolande. "Aren't you lucky? Waking up whenever you want," she says, adjusting her cloak, part of her tattooed stomach, the muscles covered in goosebumps, coming into view for a brief moment.

Holding her cloak, Airis looks at her ring for a moment, then at the fog bank around and below them. It was surreal, almost like the ghost ships the eastern Aurelians believed sailed the ocean of death. The world on the shore seemed impossible far away.

Archmage1
2013-02-15, 05:37 PM
@Airis

As she manages to get Marculous to bring Airis up, Eolande is quite glad when it works, and she awakens.
As Airis's first words to are to her, Eolande smiles back, saying simply
"I am glad that we could wake you up. As for me, well, years of practice resisting such effects can be handy."
As Eolande notices Airis taking in the view below them, she notices it as well, almost as though for the first time
"Its almost beautiful, in its own way, isn't it?"

PersonMan
2013-02-15, 05:50 PM
Eolande:
Airis considers Eolande's comment about practice. So she had gained some sort of resistance - or perhaps become immune to - this kind of thing through practice. It sort of reminded her about the utter lack of fear she felt, even though it was from an entirely different source.

"It is," Airis replies in response to Eolande's question. "Both the effect itself and the sheer magnitude of it make it clear that something of great power is behind this. I'm quite curious as to what it is that has decided to try and obstruct us in this manner," she says.

Archmage1
2013-02-15, 06:01 PM
@Airis

"The sheer power of it seems to be impressive, although they could have done so in a fairly efficient manner as well. For example, they could have generated the fog, which would be difficult, and have placed something on the ship to keep us from waking up. Sadly, given the second ship, it seems unlikely, but they could have targeted more than one vessel. Of more importance is who did it, and how they did it."

PersonMan
2013-02-15, 06:12 PM
Eolande:
(I was fairly certain this is the morning before we spot the ship, actually. Continuity and all that.)

Airis nods. "Anyone who could do this could probably just confront us directly if they wanted to stop us. Even if they are an enchanter like you, they could try forcing the crew to turn on each other," she considers. It was a grisly idea, but obvious enough that she wondered about the capabilities of this unknown being...

"Perhaps this thing isn't intent on stopping us, but rather the other groups. I've almost forgotten them, but Sir Foot and the man on the carpet are still out there. Maybe this is some trick of the Jackal's?

Then again, Octopus seems entirely indisposed. I don't think he would want to shut down his main liason with us if he was trying to stop his competition."

Archmage1
2013-02-15, 06:18 PM
@Airis

"Perhaps, but turning an entire ship on itself is more of a long term thing, or a very short term thing. They are all good friends, they have known each other for years. This makes such things harder."
At the mention of Sir Foot, she frowns momentarily, before brightening up
"If he has access to this kind of power, we lose in any event. Regardless, we will find out when we find out. I have never heard of magic such as this, even in the legends of my people. Anyone who can do this, could probably do anything they wanted to. Perhaps we are simply collateral damage?"
Eolande steps closer to Airis, looking up at her
"But, enough of this. You are fine, and I am fine, so all will be well in the end"
Eolande hugs Airis(possibly messing with her lack of clothing)

PersonMan
2013-02-15, 06:26 PM
Eolande:
For a moment, Airis wants to continue her speculative discussion with Eolande, but as the half-fey looks up to her and speaks a final time, she remembers again her preference for actions over words. Glad for the cover the fog gives them - even if Marculous is barely down the mast, he still couldn't really see them - Airis returns the hug, feeling Eolande's warmth and shifting the cloak to better cover her now-exposed arms.

"I think it's a good time for me to go get dressed. I've always disliked the morning chill. One of the benefits of your...preferred sleeping position is that you keep me warm before I get up," Airis says, smiling at Eolande. She wanted to mention her appreciation of the feeling of the half-fey's skin against hers when she woke up, but a surge of shyness kept her from speaking of it.

Archmage1
2013-02-15, 06:32 PM
@Airis

After ending the enjoyable hug, Eolande leaps lightly off of the mast, her wings spreading behind her.
"I suppose it is a bit cold up here, isn't it? Still, your clothes are in the room."
As she starts flying down, she turns back, and looks at Airis
"Are you coming?"

PersonMan
2013-02-15, 06:45 PM
Eolande:
Airis follows Eolande, her wings extending quickly, bending a bit to get around the cloak rather than punch holes in it. Alighting on the deck, Airis heads off towards the rooms, needing a big longer than normal due to the fog hiding almost everything from sight.

Once back in the room, closing the door behind Eolande, Airis sits down on her bed, discarding the cloak behind her. On a whim she stretches languidly, arching her back and extending her limbs, entirely aware that the movement would catch Eolande's attention.

Looking at the half-fey, Airis waits for a brief moment to see if she is coming towards her - if not, she begins dressing, a thought crossing her mind.

"We'll be reaching the Continent soon, won't we? In that case..." Airis pauses for a second, blushing slightly, "There might not be much privacy, you know, if we're all camping out," she says.

If yes:
Airis smiles. "Am I that alluring?" she asks, reciprocating whatever gesture Eolande chooses to start off with. If the half-fey wants to go further, Airis is more than willing.

Aldurin
2013-02-15, 07:59 PM
@Marculous
Eolande listens intently to his explanation of his arts.
"I suppose that is similar to my magic, in many ways. In order to get into a mind, it needs to let me in, so I need to understand what to offer it in order to do so. Of course, I don't always get it right, and the magic does help. Now, as for learning it, I have an intuitive understanding of illusion and enchantment, backed by a learned knowledge of enchantment, and more general magics. Do your comparisons of items affect the new item in any way? And I would have thought that leather is definitely easier to work with than metal, since I can actually touch leather, whereas most of the metal I have seen after leaving my home has been poison to me. Still, perhaps I might learn something by helping you make things. I think you would appreciate my help, as I am fairly good with magic."

Marculous eyes her curiously, "You mean your vulnerability to cold iron? I don't see why that should get in the way of smithing other metals. I don't know if the mind analogy would properly apply to working with non-intelligent objects, given the constant change of a person's thoughts while items take far longer to change, but understanding how to influence something does help."

Marculous
"Hey, Marculous," Airis begins, approaching the insect when he doesn't seem busy, or at least between projects. "I've been wondering about something. Do you ever feel lonely, like you want to know someone else who's like you?" she asks. "Are you even interested in socialization and romance? I mean, I know - well, knew - some people who focused on one thing their whole lives. You could be one of them,"

Later on

"You make magic artifacts, right? Can you give weapons magic improvements, as well?" she asks. "On the Continent, having magic weapons would be a great boon, but I've heard that making powerful artifacts has a personal cost for the maker,"

First talk:
Marculous seems to loosen up, an air of distant sadness about him after he hears the question. After a moment of dwelling, he sullenly replies, "All my life I've been seen as a freak, nothing even remotely similar to me. I . . . I don't pursue such interests because how would anyone accept me, would I even be able to start a family, and should such children be burdened with my curse?" His eyes seem to gloss over for a second, before he quickly heads deeper into the ship. ". . . I have things to work on, I can't talk anymore for now."

Second talk:
Glad that the previous topic isn't mentioned, Marculous responds in his usual manner. "Yes, I can also put various effects into weapons and armor, though the process is personally draining, but with practice I've developed a small resistance to it before it actually begins to affect me. As such I'd like to keep essentials on priority, but if you or the others want me to upgrade your equipment, I could do so as long as the material costs are offset."

Archmage1
2013-02-15, 11:26 PM
@Airis

As Airis discards the cloak, Eolande wonders at her body, so different from Eolande's own. As Airis stretches, Eolande does indeed watch the play of muscles, and, of course, having nothing more fun to do, she approaches, sitting down near Airis, and simply looking at her.
As she comments about the lack of privacy, Eolande looks confused
"Does that make a difference?"

I would have had Eolande continue, but I suspect Airis will want to talk at that

@Marculous

"Well, it just seems to me that most smiths work with iron, more than anything else. I have not actually seen a human smith work with anything else. As for the mind analogy, it still seems to hold. If you want a fast change, one that is not very stable, you can make a quick change, but if you want something that lasts, you need to do something only sightly different, so that they don't even notice"

PersonMan
2013-02-16, 08:20 AM
Eolande:
Considering for a moment how to word her response, Airis taps her fingers against each other as she thinks.

"For me, the thought of...well, doing what we do," the duelist realizes that it isn't entirely clear what she means and pauses. "By which I mean the sex. It's just, I can't really consider doing that without at least a room,"

"You understand, right? I just wanted to tell you now so that, if it's different for you, you aren't surprised if, well, I start saying no once we arrive..." Airis sighs, resting her head on one hand.

"That...I don't think that came out the way it was supposed to," she says after a moment, looking back up. For her preference of verbal communication, sometimes Airis still ran into situtions where she struggled to find the right words. She doubted that trying Eolande's advice would be of any help, either - actions might be good for the present, but discussing the future was difficult.

Archmage1
2013-02-16, 11:23 AM
@Airis

Eolande reaches up, and lightly strokes Airis's confused face, while confusion shows in her eyes,
"If it makes you uncomfortable to have sex while camping, I can, of course, abstain. I might not understand your reluctance, but I can accept it. But, for now, why not enjoy ourselves?"

PersonMan
2013-02-16, 11:50 AM
Eolande:
Airis is a bit surprised when Eolande mentions her confusion. "You mean you wouldn't have a problem if, you know...they could see us doing it?" She asks, a bit incredulously.

As Eolande comes onto her, she smiles. "Yes, I suppose we should take advantage of our room while we have it..." Airis reaches around Eolande, settling her hands below the half-fey's wings.

Archmage1
2013-02-16, 11:58 AM
@Airis

Still somewhat confused, Eolande continues trying to explain her position to Airis
"Why would I have a problem? There is nothing to be ashamed of, after all, so why worry?"

As Airis starts rubbing the sensitive parts of Eolande's wings, Eolande seems to freeze for a second or two, before smiling, and moving in to kiss Airis, her own hands caressing Airis's vulnerable points...

PersonMan
2013-02-16, 12:18 PM
Eolande:
"Ah, it's just...something done in private, in my experience," Airis says. The though of doing this sort of thing in public with Eolande...something about it appealed to her, but at the same time it was all but unthinkable.

As Eolande reciprocates her gestures, Airis moves on as well, enjoying Eolande's skill once again...

Archmage1
2013-02-16, 12:22 PM
@Airis

"New experiences can often be fun, though"

As Airis continues her caresses, Eolande squirms somewhat, clearly enjoying the attention. Of course, returning the favor is only polite...

And yea, probably about at fade out for the sex

PersonMan
2013-02-16, 02:13 PM
Eolande:
After the two finish their latest session, Airis' thoughts go back to the brief conversation they had before it began. Not wanting to dredge up bad memories, she considers whether or not her question would remind her of...well, of the doomed caravan of this Arianne person. It still wasn't clear if Arianne was someone close to her who died, or the one who traumatized her...

"Eolande, if you don't mind my asking...was it common for people to, em, get at it in public? I mean, you don't seem to have problems with that, which implies that it was at least accepted, but it's times like these that I remember how little I really know about the way fey-like peoples live," she says. At the first hint of a negative reaction, Airis breaks off and tries to calm Eolande down, distract her from her thoughts, but for now she's confident that she's kept far enough away from the painful topics she brought up last time to be alright.

Archmage1
2013-02-16, 02:26 PM
@Airis

"Common? No, but there was no reason not to. Most would head into the woods, but there were certain locations that offered more romantic surroundings, and they were seldom unoccupied for long. And then there were the dorms, which, well they often..."
Eolande pauses, looking regretful, and sad, remembering the events that led to her banishment
"Well, it does not matter now."

She moves back a bit from Airis, sitting on the edge of the bed.

PersonMan
2013-02-16, 02:44 PM
Eolande:
Airis listens, interested, to Eolande's explanation. It sounded so strange, her former life. Even more unusual than the strange ways of some of the people she had met outside of Aurelia. As the half-fey pauses, Airis feels a jolt of sadness. Despite her efforts, it seemed like this topic had still hurt Eolande.

Shifting herself to follow Eolande, Airis sits up fully, putting a hand around the slim shoulders of the half-fey. Eolande had always been fond of physical contact, and it seemed to comfort her when she could be with someone she trusted. Hopefully it would help her feel better.

"In Aurelia," Airis begins, deciding to speak again of her own past, to give Eolande something apart from the bad parts of her past to think about. "Sex is definitely something done only in private. It has practical reasons, too - where I'm from, unless it's the height of summer you'd freeze trying to, well, get started with the act," she says. "They say the southerners are more like the fey, but in the north sex is often something with a build-up of months or longer. At least, the nobles and those in high positions will spend ages dancing around what they want before even considering a kiss,"

Airis smiles. "Obviously I'm different as far as that's concerned, being a duelist and all that, but even for me your storm of affection came as a surprise," she says. "For someone not used to it, it can really be overwhelming,"

Airis turns to the good old tactic of "change the subject".

Archmage1
2013-02-16, 02:58 PM
@Airis

At Airis's touch on her back, Eolande flinches, but then leans into the gentle grasp, listening to Airis speak of the nobles. As she describes the nobles approach to sex, she laughs, a truly delightful sound.

"The nobles must feel quite silly, to dance around the subject so. It happens, so why make a big deal out of it?"
She then snuggles in to Airis, enjoying the feel of physical contact.

"Surprises are often fun."
She looks up to Airis, smiling
"After all, you did enjoy this one."

PersonMan
2013-02-16, 03:12 PM
Eolande:
Airis isn't really sure how to answer Eolande. "It's...I'm not sure. It's probably related to Ailee, I think. She puts at least three layers of meaning into every word she says, so the legends say,"

"The thing with surprises is that a lot of people are afraid of the surprise going bad," she says. "For example, I wouldn't surprise you with something if I was worried it might bring up bad memories. I'd rather pass on something like that than hurt you,"

Archmage1
2013-02-16, 03:20 PM
@Airis

She sounds like one of the village elders...
For a moment Eolande's eyes seem distant, and sad, but she is able to move on, helped by Airis's presence.
"They would often speak one thing while doing another, and mean something else entirely."

"Surprises are just that. Surprises. You never know what is going to happen until you spring them. That is some of the fun. If things don't go as you intended, try to fix it. But a world where every plan works would be rather boring."

PersonMan
2013-02-16, 03:34 PM
Eolande:
Airis considers what Eolande says. "Perhaps. I've had quite a bit of experience with bad surprises, so I tend to be a bit...careful with them," she says.

Archmage1
2013-02-16, 03:39 PM
@Airis

"The trick is in judging the surprise. The more personal, the harder it is to judge."
Eolande gets up, and starts looking for her clothing
"I think we might want to head out now. Otherwise, we will be here all day, and I don't think that is a good idea, despite how much fun it would be"

PersonMan
2013-02-16, 03:50 PM
Eolande:
"I'm not sure better judgement would have made a difference in my cases, but I'll keep that in mind," Airis says.

As Eolande mentions getting up, the duelist chuckles slightly. "One downside to your beauty and my fortitude is that we can spend far too much time enjoying ourselves like that," she says.

Airis gets dressed, invigorated by the exercise from before, ready to start the day in earnest.

Archmage1
2013-02-16, 04:14 PM
@Airis

"But it is a lot of fun. Alas, there are other things that we need to do, such as get out of this fog."

After she finishes getting dressed, watching Airis when she can, Eolande opens the latch installed by Brick, and heads up to the deck.

PersonMan
2013-04-13, 02:27 PM
Upper Deck; Eolande
Airis continues her slow float over the ship, eventually looking down to see the sunbathing form of Eolande. Wearing nothing, as her dress is spread out beneath her, almost hidden by her glittering wings.

Descending, Airis hopes the shadow from the sun behind her hides her blush - she was growing accustomed to Eolande's physical affection as time went on, but something like this was...entirely outside of what she expected.

"Aren't you cold?" Airis asks as she touches down on the wood of the ship, crouching next to the half-fey. One of the wounds on her leg complains, and a slice in her side joins in, but the duelist ignores it.

At this close of a distance, the rust-brown in the crimson of her uniform is clearly visible - once it's dried, her blood no longer blends in with its color.

Archmage1
2013-04-13, 02:37 PM
@Airis

As Airis descends to her, Eolande smiles, and stretches, wincing a bit as the movement twinges some of her scrapes
"Hey, Airis. Having fun? It is a nice day out, today. Nothing like what I was expecting after the fog and the elementals."
As Airis lands, Eolande notices the slight stumble produced by the injury, as well as the blood on her uniform, and looks to Airis with concern
"Are you hurt? We could ask Jace to heal you, if he still has spells left. As for being cold, well, it is a nice sunny day, so why would I be cold?"
Eolande looks down at herself, and smiles
"I would have thought you could see that, Airis. Are you going to join me?"
As she speaks, the blood on Airis's clothing seems to fall out, drifting away into the air as Eolande's magic does it's work. There seems to be some violet particles left on the deck where Eolande had cleaned her own dress

PersonMan
2013-04-13, 02:55 PM
Eolande:
Airis smiles at Eolande's concern, but shakes her head. "I'll talk to him later, I wouldn't want to use up his last healing magic if there are still others who need it more," she says.

For a moment, Airis pauses at the half-fey's question about cold. "Well, it's just...generally if you normally wear clothing and take it off, you get a bit chilly...I didn't expect it would be that warm," she says, smiling once she notices her clothing being cleaned. "Ah, thanks. I was worried about the stains. That is really handy,"

When Eolande mentions joining her, she shakes her head again, ears warming up a bit. "I've never really been a sunbather...I can't really just expose myself like that and be comfortable," she explains.

Archmage1
2013-04-13, 03:02 PM
@Airis

"If you are sure you will be fine, I suppose that makes sense, but are you sure?"

"It is not really cold out here, just a bit windy, and the sun is quite lovely. No reason to not enjoy the sun while we have it. But are you sure you won't join me? It's fun! You can look at the clouds, and see what they look like, and watch to see if there are any birds. None of the sailors will complain, so what's the harm in enjoying the day?"

PersonMan
2013-04-13, 03:16 PM
Eolande:
"Well...I guess I could just lay down here with you..." Airis says, sitting then settling onto her back, shifting a bit to get more comfortable. After a few seconds, she speaks again.

"I, um...I may be doing this wrong," Airis says.

Archmage1
2013-04-13, 03:22 PM
@Airis

As Airis lies down, fully dressed, Eolande manages to stifle a laugh, as she sits up, and shifts her wings so that she can face Airis.

"Silly, you should probably take your shirt and pants off. Your underclothing should provide for your modesty, yes? Then just lie back, relax, and look at the clouds."

PersonMan
2013-04-13, 03:47 PM
Eolande:
Airis hesitates for a moment, but she looks at Eolande and nods.

"Alright," she says, removing her shoes, pants and reinforced duelist's jacket and settling back down on the wood, looking up. "They're...not especially compelling," she notes.

Archmage1
2013-04-13, 03:51 PM
@Airis

As Airis agrees to do it properly, Eolande smiles, delighted to have some company. After all, cloud watching is much more fun with someone else.
"You are looking at them as they are, aren't you? Look at them for what they could be instead. The fun is in the imagination. And in the relaxation. Just let your mind drift, enjoy the sun, and have a bit of fun with clouds."
Eolande looks up at the cloudy sky, and points out one of the clouds
"See? That one looks like a dragon. You can see the head there, and the wings, and the tail"

Sliver
2013-04-13, 03:56 PM
@Airis
As you look at the cloud Eolane points at, for a moment you see a dragon. With the sun coloring it red, it's wings spread wide and it soars in the sky, frightening the other clouds away from it's kingdom. One of the clouds playfully approaches from behind, but the dragon takes notice and lets out a jet of steam, demolishing the cloud. When you blink, it's all gone and it seems Eolande didn't notice anything odd.

PersonMan
2013-04-13, 04:32 PM
Eolande:
Airis blinks, looks at the cloud more closely, then turns to Eolande, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"This may seem unusual, but...what sort of experience do you have with illusion magic?" She asks, turning back to look up at the sky, the question casual.

"As to the clouds themselves...let's see...well, that one sort of looks like...almost a spider?" Airis points to one that has a few distorted leg-like extensions.

Archmage1
2013-04-13, 04:38 PM
@Airis

Not looking at Airis, her eyes instead focusing on the sky, Eolande smiles, and looks to Airis as she asks the question. However, rather than respond with words, Erethiel chants for a moment, before a small silver dragon starts flying around the area. She then, of course, grins at Airis
"Does that answer your question?"

As Airis distracts Eolande with promises of spiders, she looks to the sky once more.
"It does a bit, although I probably would have said kraken. How about that one? It looks like a tree, with a group of grigs flying around it"

PersonMan
2013-04-13, 04:45 PM
Eolande:
Airis smiles at the illusion. As Eolande points out the other cloud, she raises an eyebrow.

"Grigs? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with those," she says.

Archmage1
2013-04-13, 04:49 PM
@Airis

"Grigs are a small faerie, not often seen by mortals. They tend to wear colorful clothing, and glitter in the sunlight, and so, with their wings, they can look quite amazing. Of course, they can get a bit defensive of their trees, so look at them from a distance, not up close."

As she speaks, the dragon continues to fly around, showing off

PersonMan
2013-04-13, 05:14 PM
Eolande:
"Interesting...I can see why I haven't heard of them, if they're secretive," Airis says."Any other such fey it may be good to know of?"" She asks, her curiosity rising. This was certainly better than just looking at clouds...

Archmage1
2013-04-13, 05:21 PM
@Airis

"Of course. There are many sorts of fey, and all have their different quirks. A nymph, for example, will often enjoy being chased, but only by those she want to chase her. Dryads, on the other hand, prefer to lure visitors in, and to keep them for a time. All fey can be most interesting, but they have their own defenses. Respect them, and you will be fine. Surely you have seen some fey, right?"

PersonMan
2013-04-13, 05:59 PM
Eolande:
"I have seen some, but only in Aurelia. Well, either I didn't see any outside of my homeland or they disguised themselves too well for me to tell. The fey in Aurelia are all very warlike. Most of them worship Auress directly, rather than the Handmaidens," Airis says. She's curious about what sorts of fey live in Eolande's home, but doesn't feel like she can ask "safely".

Archmage1
2013-04-13, 06:03 PM
@Airis

"Well, then you know. The fey can be beautiful, but also terrible. So, clouds. That one looks like a rather sad old man, his beard almost reaching his toes"

You should be safe enough asking general questions. After all, she is lying in the sun, naked, with a friend nearby, simply enjoying the day.

PersonMan
2013-04-13, 06:41 PM
Eolande:
"Well, I'm certainly aware that the company of fey can be quite enjoyable," Airis says. "Were there many grigs and nymphs and such where you lived? I can imagine it being nice, living in a place where beautiful creatures are the norm," she continues, turning her gaze to Eolande for a moment before she looks up at the cloud she points out.

"I can see the resemblance," the duelist says, nodding slightly, looking at the strange form of the cloud above. "A-ha, there's one. That looks like a nose-horn," Airis smiles triumphantly, pointing to a cloud with four short, thick extensions on one side and another in the opposite direction that tapers to a point.

Archmage1
2013-04-13, 07:09 PM
@Airis

"There were many fey, of all sorts, and many elves. It was a truely amazing place to live, asides from the politics. I... I don't really want to talk about that, though. Surely you must have seen some wonders of your own, though."

As Airis points out the cloud, Eolande smiles, enjoying herself. She responds by pointing out another entertaining cloud, and the afternoon flies by.

lostsole31
2013-04-14, 03:38 AM
"Now, now," says Opee, "Airis needs rest. And no bothering her with your chatter, rest means sleep. Believe me, you'll both have plenty of time for talk."

PersonMan
2013-04-14, 04:01 AM
Eolande, Opee:
"I don't think they're your type of thing, but I have seen many wonderous things in Aurelia," Airis says with a nod. "From the court politics of the Airee-devoted to the acrobatics of Aira's killers, the nosehorn riders of Airenn in the southeast...I haven't seen a place that compares to Aurelia in such things yet,"

As Opee approaches, Airis looks to Eolande to gauge her level of comfort with the situation - if she doesn't have a problem with the small man's arrival, she simply waits for him to speak and listens, but if she does then she pushes herself to her feet and, slipping into the unarmored portion of her duelist's jacket, goes out to meet him.

Either way, she smiles at what he says. It wasn't the first time she had heard such orders from a healer. It certainly wouldn't be the last time, either - she was never good at staying cooped up in a bed when she was hurt.

"I've always been a terrible patient," Airis says after a moment, closing her eyes. "It will be a few hours before I can even start falling asleep, though. Besides, I doubt that some idle chit-chat will keep my wounds from healing," the duelist continues.

lostsole31
2013-04-14, 04:05 AM
Airis
"It's not just rest or being still. Your bodily healing processes accelerate at a significant rate if you actually sleep."

PersonMan
2013-04-14, 04:12 AM
Opee:
"I won't be actually falling asleep for a few hours either way, though," Airis replies. "Trust me, this isn't the first time I've been injured. Every time I try to go to sleep in the middle of the afternoon, I just end up lying around, awake, deep into the night," she says.

Archmage1
2013-04-14, 09:45 AM
@Airis, Opee

As Opee approaches, Eolande takes her eyes from the clouds, and sits up, looking at him. As he asks Airis to rest, Eolande looks to Airis, the concern over her wounds in Eolande's eyes once more.
"Airis, if sleeping helps you to heal, perhaps we should both rest? We can come and look at clouds, and talk about things later"
However, as Airis explains that she won't be able to sleep for some time anyway, Eolande simply nods, and looks back at Opee
"Lying in the sun, looking at clouds is very restful, and quite relaxing, really. Surely it is close enough?"

lostsole31
2013-04-15, 01:21 AM
@Airis, Eolande
"As long as you are made comfortable ... not 'I can deal with this' comfortable. Your body and your ego are not as connected as you might wish them to be."

At this point, moving back to IC.

PersonMan
2013-05-17, 02:05 PM
Trap-Area Interactions (Everyone)

"I think you're mistaken there," Airis says as Milo suggests that Eolande is 'playing hard to get'. "She doesn't like being touched by those she doesn't know much. At least, that's what I think is the cause of this,"

"Also, please, I'm no warrior. I'm a duelist. There's a big difference - Lolth and Airenn are entirely different in their fighting styles and I'm no nose-horn rider," Airis adds. She shifts ever so slightly to more fully block the small man's access to Eolande.

Archmage1
2013-05-17, 02:09 PM
Eolande nods in agreement with Airis's description.

dantiesilva
2013-05-17, 02:10 PM
As Milo listens to what Airis says he thinks for a moment before saying, But we are good friends. I can feel it. Milo says as sure as the sun is bright that they were very close friends and not strangers.

Then as Airis explains the difference between a warrior and a duelist Milo bows. I meant no disrespect and for that I am sorry. Perhaps when we get time I could see your skills and we could have a friendly game? Milo says with a smile to her.

PersonMan
2013-05-17, 02:19 PM
Airis shakes her head in response to Milo's apology. "Don't worry, none was taken. I'm very aware of the different cultures outside of Aurelia, especially here across the sea,"

"That does indeed sound interesting. What kind of game do you have in mind?"

dantiesilva
2013-05-17, 02:23 PM
Simple really, a duel. I am sure you will win, but it would be fun. Plus I like to know who I need to keep and eye on, after all if you are in trouble, my bow can shot far. I want to see who I should protect first, personal feelings aside. Milo says to her kindly and honestly. Also thanks for not being to angry and being understanding not all that come to the port are as understanding as you. It is a very good trait a free and open mind. Milo says to her with a smile.

PersonMan
2013-05-17, 02:30 PM
"That does sound interesting, yes. I've ended up in a duel with Eolande before, but I imagine this one will be very different," Airis says.

"As far as keeping an open mind...well, if I didn't have one, I'd never have left Aurelia in the first place," she adds.

dantiesilva
2013-05-17, 02:41 PM
As Airis tells Milo that she has been in a duel before with Eolande Milo looks at the two quite intrigued. Did she use her magic on you as well? He asks curious if she had that effect on everyone. As for our own personal duel....why yes it would be. You favor that piece of art by your side, and I the one strapped to my back. As of late I just added a new feature to it that is very useful. Milo says as he looks to Eolande. Is there anything I can do to let you warn the others if I see something important ahead? After all it is better to be prepared and have a signal incase danger pops up? milo says looking at all those with him.

If you had not left Aurelia I would be a very sad man. Perhaps one day I could go there and visit it with you as your guest? Milo says charmingly enough.

PersonMan
2013-05-17, 02:49 PM
"She did. It was actually quite invigorating, feeling her power press upon my mind," Airis says, smiling at the memory. "You may be surprised, my power takes many forms," the duelist adds after a moment, after Milio mentions her preference for her rapier.

"As for Aurelia...perhaps. That's far in the future, though. Several years, at least," she says.

dantiesilva
2013-05-17, 02:51 PM
Well I would hope your powers are more then just with a blade as were would the fun in that be. I myself have mastard a few tricks of the trade. though I am not very skilled with a blade, I know how to use one if I have to. Milo adds.

years in the future, I though humans only lived a few decades. That will be a very large part of your life away, wont you miss your home?

Archmage1
2013-05-17, 02:55 PM
"Um... You could yell back to us, I think. That would work, right"

Considering Eolande's luck with stealth rolls...
Again, I would say more, but not enough time.

dantiesilva
2013-05-17, 03:01 PM
Yelling would alert them though that I was there beautiful. Milo says bowing to her. Perhaps a favorite bird call of yours?

Sliver
2013-05-17, 03:03 PM
The parrot squawks. "Call! Call!" Imitating Milo's voice.

Archmage1
2013-05-17, 03:03 PM
"But... wouldn't a bird call do the same thing? Any of the birds that I know would be odd here. Hand signals, perhaps?"

"We could use the Parrot's Call, right?"

Eolande scratches the parrot as a reward for its great wisdom.

PersonMan
2013-05-17, 03:08 PM
"Well, pure blade duels are interesting in their own right, but it is true that more tricks make it more thrilling," Airis says.

"Well, I expect to live at least a few whole decades. Yes, my trip will be a very significant portion of my life. I...I guess I do miss Aurelia, but seeing the world outside it will only make me appreciate it more when I return," she replies to the other bit.

Archmage1
2013-05-17, 03:10 PM
"You don't mind if I come along and visid Aurellia as well, do you?"

dantiesilva
2013-05-17, 03:17 PM
And have you ever dueled an archer before? One skilled at hunting? One able to move and shot all at the same time without being seen? I hope you have a very good eye as our duel will be one of wits I believe and less of muscle. Milo says looking at the bug boy. You can have all the muscle fights with him. he is quick to chime in as he looks to Eolande who has suggested a parrots call. that could work. No w let me try and get this right. milo says as he begins practicing its call.

Nature check [roll0]

As he is doing so he listens to Airis story and how she dose miss her homeland. You are very brave thinking like that and very wise. I hope when the time comes I can do the same, but until then... Milo says finally getting the sound down and taking off into the unknown doorway Eolande had her hand in moments ago.

PersonMan
2013-05-17, 03:30 PM
"No, but I did once have an interesting encounter with an Aäre-devoted," Airis says.

As Eolande asks about accompanying her to Aurelia, she grins. "Of course. You might need to get used to a few things, but I can imagine it being quite enjoyable. Especially if you end up meeting some of the fey there," the duelist says.

Archmage1
2013-05-17, 03:32 PM
Eolande, rather happy at being able to stick with Airis for a few years, smiles broadly, and hugs Airis, whispering "Thank you" into her ear.

PersonMan
2013-05-17, 03:57 PM
Airis, again surprised by the feel of Eolande pressing against her, reddens slightly, taking a moment to compose herself before she speaks. Despite all of the time the two had spent together, she still wasn't used to such a display of affection in the presence of others. Rather than stammering, the duelist waits until the first wave of emotion passes.

"Ah, em, it's...nothing," Airis says slowly, extending an arm around Eolande's shoulders. It was odd - holding her was no issue for the duelist, but this was...entirely different. Outside of her comfort zone, but not far enough that she wanted to stop the half-fey.

Archmage1
2013-05-17, 04:59 PM
Taking comfort in the presence of Airis, after the elf, and the halfling, Eolande denies Airis's claims
"It's not nothing."

After about a minute or so, Eolande lets Airis escape, awaiting some sort of information from the halfling scout.

dantiesilva
2013-05-17, 08:49 PM
"No, but I did once have an interesting encounter with an Aäre-devoted," Airis says.

As Eolande asks about accompanying her to Aurelia, she grins. "Of course. You might need to get used to a few things, but I can imagine it being quite enjoyable. Especially if you end up meeting some of the fey there," the duelist says.

And what would that be? Milo asks curious to learn what he can about each person.

PersonMan
2013-05-18, 05:16 AM
An Aäre-devoted, you mean?" Airis asks in response to Milo's question after Eolande has released her, regaining her composure once the half-fey's arms are no longer around her.

"Aäre is the fifth handmaiden of Auress and the greatest archer of the realm. The Aäre-devoted are those who devote themselves to her worship," the duelist explains after a moment.

lostsole31
2013-05-18, 05:34 AM
@dantie

Opee: "I said nothing about parents choosing mates. I said it was almost a duty. And there is nothing I regret about it."

dantiesilva
2013-05-18, 05:36 AM
As Airis repeats what she has already said Milo looks at her as if confused as he thought he had already answered the question. Deciding to just go along with it he answers Why yes a Aäre-devoted is what I meant. I have never heard the term before and was quite intrigued. Milo says curiosity clear on his face.

After Airis explains who the Aäre-devoted are Milo is even more confused then before. I take it you mean the greatest archer of your homeland? I mean no offense but I have never heard of her so I hope you forgive my ignorance. I wouldn't mind hearing about this handmaiden Aäre though. Milo says with interest, being staled from his original course of action. And you say she is the fifth handmaiden of this Auress. How many are there and is this Auress your people leader? Milo asks wondering about her culture, it was so different from what he had been brought up in, but if they had people who were said to be the greatest with the bow he would enjoy learning what he could. Perhaps he could even try to join these Aäre-devoted when he went with her to visit her homeland.

dantiesilva
2013-05-18, 05:41 AM
@lostsole31

As Milo hears what you have to say he thinks about his words for a moment before answering. So breeding with our own is a duty now....have our numbers dropped so low that it has become common knowledge in my absence from our kind that we are suppose to be reproducing with our own kind. You make it seem like work, couldn't I just...well you know. Milo says not really wanting to be tied down. In truth I have lived on my own in these lands most of my life. I see the wood elves on a regular enough basis, but not many of our kind. So I do not know much about our people's history or any of that besides what I learned as a lad. Milo says thinking back to the days when he used to travel like most halflings in a caravan.

lostsole31
2013-05-18, 06:22 AM
@dantie
"In truth," says Opee, "I don't know the answer to that as far as your kind are concerned. Across the sea where we come from, your landed kind seem populated enough. Yours is one of the most common races after humans."

He shrugs. "Maybe it is common for the wandering halfling on the Continent of Shades to ... cross-pollinate. Or at least to attempt to in the act. But all the beauty and charm that Eolande has is strictly aesthetic to me, like a living work of art. (No offense please, Eolande, though I am sure none is taken.) I just find it as disturbing as a dwarf trying to bed an elf. The only time I have heard of such things is when a lady is brought low to sell herself."

He looks between Eolande (and Airis, for that matter), then back to Milo. "Though I shall look on with great amusement at your attempts."

PersonMan
2013-05-18, 06:31 AM
"I'm fairly certain that you'd be hard-pressed to find an archer better than Aäre anywhere, not just in Aurelia. There are seven handmaidens. They are Airelle, Aur, Ailee, Aira, Aäre, Airenn and Lolth," Airis replies. "As for Auress...well, she's not really a leader anymore, not in the direct sense. She's a goddess now. She and the handmaidens ascended during Age of Legends," she explains. Just as before, she seems fairly pleased with the curiosity about her religion.

PSinger
2013-05-18, 06:38 AM
Introduction

When Milo mentions the whole marriage thing, he is standing behind Opee. As soon as Milo mentions marriage, Kalti points to Opee with one hand, and wags his finger at you with the other hand. He shakes his head vigorously as if in earnest. He does it in a manner that Opee would not notice.

As soon as Milo goes more into the idea of sex rather than marriage, Kalti seems to ease off and even nods.

dantiesilva
2013-05-18, 06:54 AM
@lostsole31 & PSinger

Then why would you look at it as a duty to breed with our own loot? I understand the techniqul reasons, but dose not mean every now and again people can't have fun. Look at half elfs and half orcs for example. Milo says kindly as he watches the big man behind Opee point his finger at the other Halfling and wave his finger back and forth... Wounder if he is saying Opee is off limits or that he dose not agree. Milo says to himself going on. So you are saying if two people love each other if they are a different race they should not be allowed to mate? Or that you look down on such acts as they pollute the blood of the "Pure" races. As for Eolande, Milo says kindly waving to her from her hiding spot behind Airis. She is beautiful and mysterious. Everything I like. And I am sure a smart head to as she is cautious around people. Milo says looking back to Opee. Only to see the big dark skin man with 6 arms shaking his head, almost as in a nod...Odd wounder what he is trying to say. Milo thinks as he watches the show in amusement.

@PersonMan
As Airis explains her culture and religion Milo thinks for a moment before answering. So they were once all mortals...So wouldn't that mean anyone could given enough practice and knowledge join them? I ask because this Aäre sounds like someone who would give me a run for my money and it is always fun to have a challenge or something to look up to. Milo says with utmost respect. So which one do you worship? Or is it all of them? Milo asks curious about the whole idea of a mortal becoming a god, well in this case goddess.

PersonMan
2013-05-18, 07:13 AM
"Power is all one needs to become a divine being. Generally, more than one form of it, but theoretically we could, with enough time, also gain the power needed to become deities," Airis replies. This was something that she had never encountered outside Aurelia - the foreign religions never seemed to consider the aspect of mortal ascension.

"As for who I worship, well, Auress of course, but I am primarily a devotee of Lolth - hence my title, Eight-Legged," the duelist explains.

dantiesilva
2013-05-18, 07:22 AM
So one day I will know a goddess then. Milo says looking directly at Airis. As you seem to be both powerful as well as wise. Milo says with a smile of friendship.

Milo listens then as Airis tells him she is a follower of Lolth and that her title is eight legged and remembers her blade. Would she happen to have anything to do with spiders? After all your blade and you having the name eight legged. Odd title though, is it an important one where you come from? And which handmaiden is she? I know you said Aäre was the greatest archer, and Aurelia is there leader. Milo says getting ready to ask her if they could talk more latter when they had free time.

PersonMan
2013-05-18, 07:32 AM
Airis smiles at Milo's implication. "Thank you, but I'm not that ambitious. Being a figure of legend, hopefully, but I'm not aiming for ascension,"

"Yes, Lolth is very fond of spider imagery. Eight-Legged is not a prestigious title, no. Lolth is the seventh handmaiden," as Milo says 'Aurelia is their leader' she lets out a brief laugh, "You're a bit mixed up. Aurelia is the place, Auress is the Exalted Manifest," Airis explains.

dantiesilva
2013-05-18, 07:47 AM
Those that are not ambitious always make the best leaders and thus gods if what your culture says is true. Milo says to her seeing she has warmed up a bit to him.

As Airis explains that Lolth is fond of spidery imagery, and that her title is not very prestigious Milo looks at her a bit confused. Would not 1 legged be a better title then or however high you are? As an eight legged spider is a whole spider, at least around here. Milo says confused at why they would call someone eight legged if they were not a full member of the church. As Airis then lets out a laugh and explains that he had mixed up there goddess and the name of her homeland Milo looks at her with an apologetic look. I am sorry, there are just so many names that begin with a in your culture. I will try to remember though for next time. Milo says to Airis letting her know he would not give up until he had it right.

Archmage1
2013-05-18, 10:40 AM
@Lostsole

As Opee describes her as a work of art, Eolande is conflicted a bit, as while it is better than what Milo sees, it is still not quite right. Person would be better, as she has no wish to be considered an object for other's pleasure once more.

As the discussion between Airis and Milo continues, Eolande seems to relax slightly, as the halfling seems to be no longer actively chasing her.

PersonMan
2013-05-18, 12:06 PM
Kalti:
As Kalti and Milo have a semi-exchange, Airis looks at the six-armed man curiously, wondering what his strange pointing-and-noding could mean.

(Sense Motive 27)

"No, as an Eight-Legged I have undergone the basic training of a priestess of Lolth and earned my mark. The acolytes are those who have yet to complete their first instructions and have titles such as one-legged or similar," Airis explains. As Milo apologizes for the mix-up she smiles, shaking her head. "Don't worry about it, I know it can be difficult to learn the names of eight deities quickly. I had similar troubles when I left Aurelia. I still have trouble keeping Peeler and Haironese apart," she admits.

dantiesilva
2013-05-18, 12:40 PM
As Airis explains that an eight-legged was the stage of finishing basic training he looks at her. Do you gain spire names after that? Like black widow? Milo asks curious what could be higher then 8 legs. Well I think I should be off to do my job. Perhaps latter you can tell me more? Milo says leaving it open ended as he seems to disappear into the doorway in front of them clinging to the shadow. Turning around before he is completely out of sight to look at the two women and give them a smile before saluting the halfing named Opee and his bodyguard Kalti.

PSinger
2013-05-18, 04:01 PM
@Milo
OOC: A shake of the head means no, a nod means yes. They are opposite, and not almost the same.
@Airis
It is as if Kalti is saying, "Don't bring up marriage with him. Off-limits."

You definitely feel that the earnestness of Kalti relates to something deeply personal in Opee's past, not anything related to the surface conversation and sex/marriage in general. You also noticed that Opee became stone-faced when Milo discussed something regarding Opee being married. Opee's counter was an evasion as much as it was showing Milo he made an incorrect assumption.

dantiesilva
2013-05-20, 02:08 PM
@Airis So your goddess helped you learn how to control your powers...If you do not mind me asking what can these powers do? Are they like a clerics? Milo asks curious from inside the room.

PersonMan
2013-05-20, 02:28 PM
"They allow me to extend my sight into the supernatural and protect myself, as well as attack others. I'm...not sure what you mean when you say 'clerics'," Airis replies.

dantiesilva
2013-05-20, 10:06 PM
@Airis

As Airis explains what her powers allow her to do Milo listens intently. That is of course until she asks what a cleric is. Well A cleric is someone who gains there powers from divinity or something like that. The gods grant them the power to use magic after praying. Or at least thats what I have been told, not the praying type myself.

PersonMan
2013-07-31, 10:46 AM
Eolande, Milo; somewhat Kalti and Opee
Airis is always happy to accept a kiss from Eolande, especially when her mood was down so low just minutes before.

As it comes to speaking Sylvan, however...

"Graze us...Pojedulkie?"

Well, that doesn't go over so smoothly.

Archmage1
2013-07-31, 10:51 AM
The Brief Language Lesson.

Eolande smiles, glad that Airis is at least willing to make the attempt.
"Close. More like gražus Pojedynkujący."
This time, she speaks the phrase slowly, and clearly, enunciating each syllable more clearly.

Google translate does not offer syllable breakdowns(although that would be nifty), so...

dantiesilva
2013-07-31, 11:07 AM
The kiss moment

As Eolande kisses Airis Milo looks away from the two, Eolande had done it on purpose, this was twice now she had taken his idea and turned it into her advantage. And twice Airis had not seen that, it should have been him getting that kiss. Milo thinks as he looks to Airis, contempt clear in his eyes as he looks at Eolande. If she wanted a war she would get one, he would not say a single thing unless the girl was not around to turn it into her own gain. Never mind that Kalti had just told her exactly what he said meant, which would not have mattered so much if they had been alone.

PersonMan
2013-07-31, 01:03 PM
Language
"Grazoos pokedynkujay?"

Airis frowns a bit, sure she's mispronouncing it. Still, Eolande seemed happy enough about it...

Archmage1
2013-07-31, 01:08 PM
Language

Eolande nods.
"See? You are almost there. Just take it slowly. gražus, not grazoos, a sharper U sound, and Pojedynkujący, just a slightly different pronunciation."
Once more, slowly pronounced

PersonMan
2013-07-31, 01:24 PM
Language
"Gražus...Pojedynkujacy? How do you manage all that? Do you have some kind of fey tongue magic?" Airis seems to have a much deeper appreciation for the ease with which Eolande speaks the language after trying it for herself.

lostsole31
2013-07-31, 01:28 PM
Really? Airis should know Eolande has tongue magic by now, right? Isn't that part of how downtime is spent? :tongue:

Archmage1
2013-07-31, 01:34 PM
@Lost: :smallwink:
Language

Eolande smiles with delight at Airis's correct pronunciation of the phrase.
"See, you are learning quickly. As for how I manage it, I was always good with languages, and it helps to grow up learning several. Mostly though, practice."
She grins momentarily
"That does seem to hold true for many tongue related activities, anyway."

PersonMan
2013-07-31, 01:43 PM
Magic tongue: This is exactly what I thought when I posted it. However, Airis is the type to miss the more obvious sexual innuendo, as she simply doesn't think about such things when not...well, doing them.

Airis smiles as Eolande congratulates her. As she continues...well, anyone who thinks that the duelist's chosen color suits her will be happy to see more of it. Specifically, all over her cheeks.

"Um, uh, well, I guess it does," the Aurelian says, clearly embarrassed by Eolande's words. She was, the half-fey may know, not the type to easily discuss such matters, or even imply things about them. These were outside her comfort zone.

Archmage1
2013-07-31, 01:47 PM
Language

The still grinning Eolande, still amused by Airis's prudish reaction, gives a quick reply.
"Only more practice will tell."
Before skipping off to examine the crystal.

PersonMan
2013-07-31, 01:55 PM
"Language" +Milo
Airis isn't sure whether or not Eolande simply means Sylvan, or more...private things with her parting comment. Then again, it being her, it was probably both. She really did seem to enjoy making her turn red.

Seeing, however, a chance to confront Milo without Eolande being right there, Airis turns to the small man.

"I'm curious about why you decided to lie to me about Mii Cottlemana meaning something other than what you said it did," she says. Her cheeks are still the slightest bit red, but Airis' tone is entirely serious.

Crossing her arms, she continues. "I don't like being addressed in a manner that implies a level of relationship we don't have, and I'm also not fond of being lied to. Whether you want to pursue something with me or not, listen closely: lie to me again, and I won't spare you any embarrassment like I did there. I'll call you out on it immediately,"

dantiesilva
2013-07-31, 01:56 PM
Language
Milo is both annoyed and a bit intrested as he listens in on the converstation. Annoyed at eolande for getting Airis, but curious about where the converstation was going. Seeing Airis cheecks turn red though he tries to save her by coughing slightly. Ladies, the gem....

Before above
I changed the exact meaning because Eolande was there. Every time I try to say something or suggest something she takes the idea and makes it her own. Going to see your homeland one day with you., learning your language. Everything I suggest she takes and makes it her own. And you only pay attention to her like it was her idea. milo says empathizing her at the end.

PersonMan
2013-07-31, 02:07 PM
Mah' Lyinbastard
"So, the best reaction to her being creative and using your ideas as inspiration is to lie? Honestly, that sounds like the worst thing you can do to me. Not only does it do nothing to eliminate the possibility of her, as you say it, taking your idea and making it her own, but it also adds the possibility of annoying me with your deceit," Airis replies, clearly not happy with his reasoning.

dantiesilva
2013-07-31, 02:11 PM
Airis
You are the one who did not want to wait Airis. I tried asking you to wait till later and I would tell you. Is it my fault you kept on asking? I felt you would be embarrassed if I told you exactly what it meant in front of so many people. Sorry for trying to be nice.Milo says clearly annoyed Eolande awas once again getting away with everything scot free.

PersonMan
2013-07-31, 02:21 PM
Milo
Airis raises an eyebrow. "Next time, a simple 'this could become embarrassing, it's best explained in private' would be better than implying it takes a long time to explain," she says.

Despite her words, the duelist's expression softens.

"Still, I can see your intentions were good. That's one thing Eolande doesn't seem to share, an interest in avoiding embarrassing me," as she speaks, Airis smiles slightly. "You said you're a forest dweller, didn't you? I imagine you haven't done much talking much of your life. I know the feeling myself. Once I ended up in a forest for three weeks straight. By the time I got to a village my manners took a full day to set back in," shortly after she finishes speaking, Airis' smile fades and her expression grows more somber.

(I'd give you a hint, but Sense Motive +0.)

dantiesilva
2013-07-31, 02:27 PM
[roll0] Sense motives

Airis
As Airis explains how to adress the subject next time he nods his head. i will try to do better next time Akra. Milo says bowing his head to her.

he is happy to see her face soften though and the topic change. I have livid in the woods most my life to be honest, not many people to talk to besides the odd guide job here and there. get used to talking to animals that don't talk back and all. Milo says happy she kind of understood his oddness in this kind of situation.

PersonMan
2013-07-31, 03:05 PM
Milo
"I only talked to an animal once, when it got dark and rainy and I felt like I was going to die in those woods. It...nearly killed me," for a moment Airis simply stops speaking, eyes empty. "Then they found me, and I wasn't me, and I killed her sister. Then she begged for me to kill her and I did. Shtick. Her beautiful body turned into a corpse, just like that," the words flow from her like a stream, without intonation or a change in her gaze.

After a few seconds, she shakes her head slowly, a brief forced laugh crossing her lips. "But that's changing the subject, isn't it? We aren't talking about assassins or first kills or anything like that..."

dantiesilva
2013-07-31, 03:10 PM
No we are not Akra. Milo says with a smile before adding. Akara means mistress while we are alone. Don't want you think I am lieing again. Milo says happy he got to spend at least some time with her.

PersonMan
2013-07-31, 03:18 PM
Milo
"I see. Mistress in what sense?" Airis seems to have returned to normal while Milo spoke.

dantiesilva
2013-07-31, 03:25 PM
Airis
That is up to the receiver Airis. Just like calling someone beautiful, is in the eye of the behoulder. Milo says kindly. Thank you for taking some time to talk to me, it means a lot. Milo said on a more level state of mind. I will try to be nicer as well, just hard to break living in the woods out of your brain. People are just odd after so little contact. An animal just.... Milo stops almost talking about mating with Airis in a room full of people.

PersonMan
2013-07-31, 03:34 PM
Milo
Airis is a bit disappointed by the lack of a straight answer, but decides that making a fuss out of it would be a bad idea. She didn't, after all, want to anger Milo with something frivolous. Just getting him onto civil terms with Eolande would be hard enough as is...

As Milo abruptly stops speaking, Airis nods, all of her skill in reading people not helping her fight her own assumptions about knowing what the small man is speaking about.

"True, fitting everything into one of three boxes is much easier than what people do. But it has it's benefits. Friend-Predator-Prey just isn't complex enough for most people," she says.

Archmage1
2013-08-02, 09:37 AM
@anyone

When Airis returns her kiss, Eolande is overjoyed, but, when Airis reminds her of her exhaustion, her eyes go wide in sudden realization.
"Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't think. You're ok, right? I didn't hurt you?"

As far as carrying things go
Eolande smiles, and laughs, a beautiful sound
"Only sometimes. I just try to avoid carrying things that are too heavy. Like bags, or heavy clothing, that sort of thing."

PersonMan
2013-08-02, 09:54 AM
"Don't worry, neither did I. I'm not hurt, but I don't think I can carry you easily, not until I get some rest," Airis replies. As Eolande laughs, her joy at the situation spikes again. Quietly, the part of her still focused on the seriousness of the situation decides that this overflow of joy will need to be dealt with before too long. There was, after all, only so much blatant happiness and silliness one could express before it became inappropriate to the situation.

"Yes, you consider those heavy, but for me, well, I now have to worry without it being because of something like carrying three sets of armor or similar. I can't remember the last time I've been this tired," the duelist continues. She feels a tiny bit of guilt at the realization that, while the to of them are talking, Gaston is keeping the chaos of the dreamscape at bay, but...well, she had tried to help before, and it hadn't helped at all. There was simply nothing left for her to do now but wait. It was an odd feeling and she didn't like it, so Airis chooses to concentrate on the joy her journey into the center of her being brought, as well as the simple pleasure of conversing with her love.

Archmage1
2013-08-02, 10:06 AM
Generic conversation :smallsmile:
When Airis explains that she was fine, Eolande looks relieved. She did not want to hurt her friend, now, or ever, if she could help it.
With a smile, she speaks, gently holding Airis's hand as they move towards the village.
"I'm glad. I... I don't like hurting anything, but especially you. Don't worry about carrying me. After all, Gaston is saving us all currently, surely I can at least move myself."

As Airis casually mentions carrying three sets of armor, Eolande is surprised. She knew Airis was stronger than she was(pretty much everyone was, including passing rabbits), she had never suspected that she was that much stronger. Still, she could help Airis.
"You can carry three sets of armor? I could barely lift one! Is there anything of yours that I could carry, to make things easier for you?"
As Eolande makes her offer, her face glowing with hopefullness, she is internally surprised. She had never made such an offer before. Perhaps this is what friends do.

I was going to have Eolande carry Airis's backpack, but Airis does not have one, sadly

PersonMan
2013-08-02, 10:33 AM
"Don't worry, I travel light. All there is is my cloak, which is enchanted, so I'd like to keep it on, my rapier, which you can't carry because it's steel, the jewelry which is in many cases both steel and of negligible weight, and..." Airis pauses as her hand brushes over a small pouch, perhaps originally meant to carry a vial of some potion, obviously modified into a secure cloth container.

"...Something I'd rather not take off," she finishes quietly, voice somber, a dark cloud replacing her former joy. For a moment Airis looks off into space, eyes empty of their normal light, before she turns back to Eolande, a smile returning to her face, though not as true as before.

"Thanks for offering, though. It makes me happy to know you would do that for me," the duelist says.

dantiesilva
2013-08-02, 10:43 AM
Airis, Eolande

Milo for the most part sits in the back with Gaston enjoying the view infront of him as the two walk, his eyes just following. But as he notices Airis movement seem to change for a bit for no reason he speaks up. Is Airis ok up there Eolande? I know I got Gaston and you can't carry much. I can take a bit if she needs. Milo says loud enough to be heard but not much more.

Archmage1
2013-08-02, 10:50 AM
@group

As Airis seems to cloud over, Eolande pauses, her smile freezing, and she goes to ask about the pouch she had brushed, but before she can start, Milo asks if everything is ok.
"She is ok, just tired. Luckily, she travels lightly."

Fortunately for everyone, Milo's interjection gave Eolande time to reflect upon the wisdom of asking Airis about the pouch while they are in danger, and not alone. Instead of her original plans, she resolves to try asking about it after the group sets up camp, or else to just take a look inside.

Eolande speaks softly, carefully, and gently.
"Airis... I'm sorry if my asking reminded you of something. I did not mean..."
Eolande pauses
"I'm Sorry."

PersonMan
2013-08-02, 10:52 AM
Someone else trying to step in and help. Airis thinks, feeling a big guilty about letting her memories ruin the good mood.

"Don't worry, I'm fine as far as carrying is concerned," the duelist replies, turning, the brief sadness in her eyes replaced by her former upbeat optimism after only a moment.

Gaston is one carrying a burden right now. I shouldn't trouble the others with anything.

Of course, just as she thinks this she is confronted with Eolande's guilty look.

"Don't worry about it. It...it's nothing. You have nothing to be sorry for," Airis assures her, closing her hand around Eolande's, looking into her eyes. The sadness from before was gone, but the joy was missing, too.

dantiesilva
2013-08-02, 10:56 AM
As Eolande tells him she is fine and that Airis travels lightly and Airis confirms it Milo nods his head, though something he does see is off. Perhaps it was the idea of getting help that made her act that way Milo thought. Well if either of you need anything I am back here. Eolande, if you want I can hold your bag so its easier to support Airis. After all she looks a lot worse off then Gaston here. Milo says jokingly at the old man he was helping.

Archmage1
2013-08-02, 11:03 AM
Eolande shakes her head, frowning, her eyes sad, and her voice soft.
"I took the joy from you. That is always something to be sorry for."

As Milo offers to carry her bag, so that she could help Airis more, Eolande flashes him a smile back.
"Thank you, Milo."
Eolande takes off her heavy bag, and tries to toss it back to Milo, not wanting to risk letting go of Airis. The throw is awkward, and looks like it is going to fall short of Milo's feet, even propelled by Eolande's great strength.

That done, she takes Airis's arm across her shoulders, trying to help Airis as best she can.

dantiesilva
2013-08-02, 11:08 AM
As Eolande flashes Milo a smile and thanks him he nods, Its the least I can do. The others are stronger then me, and if we get attacked I rather not have them be encumbered by the extra weight. And well you will need to make sure they don't get to Airis if she can not fight. I will help you best I can though. Milo says returning her smile as he catches her bag, almost falling in the process as he tries to catch the awkward throw. Placing it upon his back until she asks for it back.

(When we get back to the town and situated he will give her bag right back so don't take it off your sheet)

Archmage1
2013-08-02, 11:10 AM
Eolande nods in response to Milo's statement, not really paying attention as she tries to help Airis(who, as it turns out, is much heavier than 13 pounds)

(incidentally, the bag is shaped more like a belt pouch than a backpack, because backpack + wings = issue)

PersonMan
2013-08-02, 11:16 AM
"I can fight if need be," Airis says. "I'm tired, not unconscious,"

The duelist's quiet is beginning to be replaced by annoyance. She didn't need protecting!

dantiesilva
2013-08-02, 11:32 AM
I never said you were unconscious Airis, I meant no disrespect either, it was a bad joke. Sorry. Milo says hoping she would forgive him.

PersonMan
2013-08-02, 03:00 PM
At this point, Airis is angry at both the others for coddling her and at herself for snapping at them, as mild as it was. They couldn't know that it would bother her so much, and we're only trying to help, after all.

"Ah, it's nothing. I just...don't like being coddled, is all. Even in my current state, I don't need to be attended to. I know you mean well, but it makes me feel like I'm being a burden, and I don't want to be one. I hope you can understand,"

As usual, talking it out makes Airis immediately feel better. At least the others would know why she was reacting the way she was, and wouldn't get th wrong impressions.

Archmage1
2013-08-02, 03:04 PM
@Airis

Eolande softly speaks up from beneath your arm, trying to be reasonable
"Airis... you are exhausted, and it is several hours before we reach the village. What if you pass out? Moving you would be very difficult. If by helping you, we can prevent that, do you really object? Besides, you would do the same for me, right? Can I at least try?"

dantiesilva
2013-08-02, 03:09 PM
As Airis expresses her feelings Milo shakes his head, he had to agree with Eolande on this one. She is right you know. We need you Airis. I can do very little if one of those things come back, especially without your blade opening up some soft spots for me to get into. You are not a burden now, but if you go unconscious as she said you would be. And I am a little to small to be picking you up I think, though the thought does seem amusing. Milo says looking for Eolande for support. Let us weaker people worry over you, after all without you protecting us we are vulnerable. Milo says hoping pointing out that they were helping her because they needed her protection would make her feel better about accepting the help.

PersonMan
2013-08-02, 03:11 PM
Second person?

Airis shakes her head. "You don't understand. If I was actually in a bad enough condition to need help, it would be different, but I'm not," she says.

As Eolande brings up at least trying, and her doing the same for the half-fey, Airis seems conflicted. When Milo follows it up with his own arguments, especially the bit about them being vulnerable without her, she relents. After all, what they said made sense...she didn't want to accept it, but refusing them out of a wish to be standing strong would just be childish.

"Alright, I...Ok,"

the duelist sits down in the bubble, crossing her legs again and, assuming Eolande follows her down, leans on her ever so slightly. Enough to make her feel like she's helping, but not enough to overpower and topple over onto her. Hopefully she could get some rest this way. Airis was entirely not fond of the way her body was reacting slowly and needed to be pushed just to do what she wanted. It felt terrible.

Archmage1
2013-08-02, 03:29 PM
"Thank you for letting us help."
Eolande does indeed follow Airis down, letting Airis lean up against her. Before long, Airis feels Eolande's delicate fingers kneading at her muscles, gently massaging them, a surprisingly pleasant feeling, and one that remains after her fingers move on to another spot.

PersonMan
2013-08-02, 03:33 PM
Airis stiffens at first, as Eolande begins to work at her muscles, but loosens up and relaxes after a moment. This wasn't like her past experience with such things, it wouldn't be followed by needles and a sadistic grin, this was Eolande. She could trust her.

Before long, Airis closes her eyes, halfway between meditation and sleep, simply enjoying the feel of Eolande's fingers easing the deep fatigue of her muscles and finding inner peace. Of a sort. An enforced tranquil, one that required...some work, to flush out all of her thoughts and memories that threatened to break it. But rewarding in the end.

Archmage1
2013-08-02, 03:40 PM
As Airis relaxes beneath her fingers, Eolande smiles to herself, feeling happy, and content. She was glad to put some of the skills that she had been forced to acquire to a use that pleased her, as well as others.

dantiesilva
2013-08-02, 09:25 PM
AsAiris finally listens to the two Milo smiles letting the two relax, though paying close attention to what Eolande was doing, who knows maybe he could pick up a new trick he thought as the bubble moved across the dreamscape, hopefully to the right destination.

PersonMan
2013-08-04, 05:40 PM
Shopping time
"The same way you find anything here. Fly up, take a look and ask around," Airis says. "It should be possible for one of us to scout out so Milo isn't left alone. Although...how much do you weigh? I could carry you and still fly, if you're a light thing like Eolande,"

Did I mention this is hard to make work?

This is what an unedited, slowly typed sentence loooks lide. The typos jist sort of pile up knce you get above oneword permilliom years...

Nevermind, I had to go over that omce to ma,e it evenvagjdly understandable.

Archmage1
2013-08-04, 06:39 PM
Shopping trip(while broke)

Eolande nods as Airis suggests flying to see a dressmaker, even as she considers how to get Airis to agree to put on a dress, which would look lovely on her. As Airis mentions splitting up, though, fear flashes across her face. Flying alone was one thing, but walking? In a city, no less even.
"We can stick together though, right?"

Incidentally, Milo is a halfling, so...

dantiesilva
2013-08-04, 10:26 PM
Shopping trip

As Airis offers to split up Milo shakes his head no. I know where they all are, remember I live around here and come often when I need supplies I can not get in the wild. Right this way. He says gently getting ready to take the lead when Airis says she could carry him if he was not to heavy. Well I doubt I am as light as her, I weigh 20 pounds though if that helps. Milo says with a smile wondering how she would be able to fly with him.

PersonMan
2013-08-05, 12:25 AM
Shopping trip
Airis smiles as Milo mentions that he knows where to find a dressmaker.

"I was going to ask if you knew some, but seeing as you only come here for supplies I thought it would have been, well, out of your normal range of places to go entirely," she says. As he mentions his weight, she pauses for a moment, doing some quick mental math before raising her eyebrows. "Wow. I'm pretty sure that, after a good night's rest and even without my new power, I could theoretically carry both of you while flying. Holding you could get awkward, though," the duelist seems to picture such a flight, grinning at the thought.

As Milo takes the lead, Airis follows, glad that the small man had the right knowledge to make the trip easier. She didn't want to end up searching for hours or forcing Eolande or Milo to be stuck alone whole the others searched.

dantiesilva
2013-08-05, 12:33 AM
Shopping trip (continued)

Seeing Airis smile as he mentioned he knew where to find a dress maker only added a little spring to his step. Happy that she was coming around to him.

Well I do go wandering around a bit from time to time, how I bumped into our employer. Also when I had a few extra skins to sell I normally brought them there to make a quick profit. Milo says thinking nothing of what he had said and how it may effect Eolande. The thought does sound amusing, but I am fine walking really. Save your strength as we will need it if things get dicey in the city. Never know when a bunch of drunks are going to start a fight with someone smaller then them. Normally I just run, being faster then them, but with you and Eolande, well I would not feel right doing so. I know I could not help much, but I couldn't just leave you two. Milo says hoping she understood and did not take it as a punch at her being a girl.

Archmage1
2013-08-05, 06:25 AM
Shopping trip

Eolande eagerly follows, looking forwards to getting a new dress, her first in years, and, potentially, not one stolen from another. However, as they make their way through the city, she becomes more and more nervous, scared of the large numbers of people walking around them, as she slowly clings more and more to Airis. As the three near the dressmaker's shop, she is scared enough to be unwilling to talk, and at their conversations on the way through, she simply numbly nods or shakes her head. Her hands, holding Airis's are white with tension and strain.

PersonMan
2013-08-06, 03:55 PM
Shoppin' ...after some delays
Airis is worried that something is off, but can't pinpoint it and sees nothing she can do to about it. Again her inability to entirely overcome Eolande's emotional distress bothers her. Still, there was nothing she could do about it but try and show the half-fey a good time. Perhaps she would even put one a dress to bring her mind off of what was troubling her...

"Well, Milo, lead the way," she says, stepping to the side to allow the small man to go to the front.

dantiesilva
2013-08-06, 04:07 PM
Shopping trip

His perfect view of the two women's back ends gets cut short and soon he is in the lead twisting down streets in a winding maze until he finally stops at a fine looking dress shop with a fairy on the sign. Never noticed that their before, though I guess now the name of the place makes sense. " All things acquired" is the name, and no eolande, what it means is they have anything there customers are looking for, whether they are the fey or even a giant, they can do it if you got the coin that is. Milosays pulling out a pouch and opening the door. Ladies first. He says bowing his head, and keeping it slightly bent so he can watch them walk by him.

PersonMan
2013-08-06, 04:21 PM
Always this Alex fellow...:smalltongue:

Airis sticks close to Eolande during the way to the store, both to ease the half-fey's worries and to keep herself from fretting about her. Many things could happen in a large city like this, and Airis has almost no experience with outland cities. Especially ones on a continent nobody returned from. Which is, to be honest, a place she'd never expect to find a city.

Considering her budget for a few moments, Airis enters the shop, wondering what sort of things they might find within. She had almost never been in a dress shop, never in an outland one and most certainly not in one on this continent.

Archmage1
2013-08-06, 05:38 PM
Shopping

As Milo speaks about the place, Eolande nods numbly, too scared to speak, really not liking the number of people around her, reminding her of times past.
Keeping carefully near Airis, Eolande enters the store, and is astounded by the sheer variety of clothing here. Seeing it, all her worries seem to drop away, and she smiles, glad that she gets the chance, courtesy of Milo, to try and find a lovely dress.
And such choices. There were things she had never imagined on display here, things of wonder and amazement. She stops dead in her tracks, her eyes round in amazement as she looks around.

dantiesilva
2013-08-06, 07:15 PM
Shopping
Milo can not stop and laugh as Eolandes eyes opened wide with excitement, the stress seeming to have melted from her. Well Eolande what are you waiting for, we don't have all week now. Milo says teasingly as he looks to Airis winking at her, hoping she was enjoying all he was trying to do to make Eolande happy. then a wicked thought occurred to him as he went over to Eolandes ear and whispered to her softly. Maybe you should see if she will get a dress with you. My treat of course. he says gently before smiling at her, in truth now that he thought about it Eolande was not that bad, especially on the eyes, more beautiful on the outside then Airis, and more childlike. But she also could not defend their children he told himself as his eyes traveled up and down the two once more. Smiling innocently if caught.

Archmage1
2013-08-06, 07:37 PM
shopping

As Eolande admires the dresses, amazed beyond words at the bounty, Milo prods her into further action.
She gathers herself, and looks down on him, smiling.
"Of course. But there are so many..."
Eolande starts walking towards the stands, but then she sees Airis, frozen as well, and she gently walks back, and nudges Airis, eagerly pulling on her hand, looking up at her hopefully, eagerness on her eyes.
"Can you help me pick one? Please? I can pick one for you!"

Sliver
2013-08-07, 04:23 AM
Shopping

A young woman approaches you as soon as she spots you. "Oooh, welcome to our shop, I'm sure you will find exactly what you need! We have very pretty dresses that will make you the envy of all. Up to five hundred gold for those on a spending frenzy. We do our best to empty your pouch while making you feel satisfied about doing so. But of course, our cheaper dresses are also so very nice. You can pretty yourself up for just fifty gold! Oh, and now we have a sale. Those dresses over there cost 200 gold each, but for each one you buy, you get to pick another one for free!" The woman claps, excited that she managed to recite her sales pitch as practiced. She's probably quite new at this.

PersonMan
2013-08-07, 05:27 AM
Shopping Trip
While at first Airis is taken in by Eolande's excitement, herself smiling as the half-fey pulls her along, the vague notion of extricating herself before she gets stuffed into a dress in her mind, the woman working at the store brings her crashing back to reality. The clearly memorized nature of her words completely overshadows the woman's own excitement at having spoken them properly and Airis wonders if they couldn't have picked somewhere with better people working there. Hopefully this woman at least knew what she was doing when it came to the dresses themselves. The mental image of Eolande, awkwardly trapped in a clearly ill-fitting dress comes to her and she suppresses a laugh at the notion.

Seeing as she is one into dressing up, Airis lets Eolande take the lead, following her but not really looking much at the dresses herself. She had always been unable to properly picture how something she saw would look on someone, even herself. That was what mirrors were for, right?

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 06:43 AM
Shopping

Eolande, excited at the prospect of a new dress, and even more happy that Airis is with her, listens to the young woman, and smiles broadly, pleased, as she heads over to the 200 gold section. As she goes, she speaks to the young woman.
"Thank you! I've wanted a new dress for some time now, but... it never seemed to be the right time. Now, though, it is!"

As she pulls Airis along, not noticing that Airis is not as excited as she is, she looks at the dresses, finding that they are of all colors and sizes. After almost a half hour of her looking through the dresses, she comes to a gleeful conclusion.
"Airis, do you think this will look good on me?"
Eolande carefully holds a purple dress, edged in gold, over herself, letting Airis take it in. It matches her wings, and helps to enhance her eyes and hair, leaving her looking simply stunning. After Airis finishes admiring her, Eolande heads over to Airis, and produces the second dress, a red and black masterpiece, and persuades Airis to hold it against her. She then backs away, and stares, smiling. The dress completely transforms Airis, but it's beauty is undeniable.
"It... Airis... You look wonderful!"
She then eagerly turns to the helpful young woman
"Is there somewhere that I can show her what she looks like? And can we get them fitted today?"

PersonMan
2013-08-07, 07:03 AM
Shopping
Airis had not expected Eolande to spend half an hour looking through dresses. Her expectation had been them going in, finding something and then leaving in, at most, fifteen minutes. Still, she can definitely appreciate the results, even if...well, it was a pretty dress, on a beautiful half-fey, but it was on her, literally. The difference is something Airis is having trouble bridging with her imagination.

"I'm afraid that's an unfair question. Everything in here would look good on you. But I do think it would do the job of making you look ravishing better than many of the others," she says, more or less ignoring the woman working there. In a way, she's glad that her introduction pitch had been so wooden. If the woman had presented herself as competent, Airis might have felt shy about talking to Eolande in such a way in front of her...This way, though, she was easy to push out of her mind.

Then Eolande approaches her with another dress. Holding it to herself, wondering how the half-fey, or anyone else, could tell how she would look wearing it when her form was still obscured by the armor she wore. Yes, it was made to look good, but it was also thick clothing meant to turn aside blows from weapons...how could one simply imagine it away and, in its place, a beautiful covering like the one she was holding?

Airis doesn't mention any of this, though, especially when Eolande compliments her, she simply smiles, internally aglow with joy. If it made the half-fey feel that way, then maybe going out like this wouldn't be as tedious as she had originally thought it could become. Eolande's happiness and simple enjoyment of the situation was infectious, before long Airis felt it was well, joining with the warm glow in her heart.

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 07:37 AM
Shopping, likely awaiting Sliver, sadly

Eolande smiles as Airis compliments her, pleased, although Airis's belief that anything in here would make her look good was worrisome. An orange dress, on her... The thought did not bear continuing. Still, she wanted to be sure that Airis liked the dress, as otherwise, it would be quite sad.
"You like it then, Airis?"

Eolande looks around for the young woman, hoping that she could help Eolande show Airis what she could look like. If not, Eolande would do it, using her magic.

I would respond to Airis trying her dress, but... until Airis gets to see... I could do that, mind you, but... I suspect that there are mirrors in here somewhere. If not, silent image to the rescue :smallsmile:

Sliver
2013-08-07, 07:40 AM
Shopping

The woman looks at Airis a bit offended. She thought that she was clever and amusing. Still, she put on a smile and turned to Eolande. "Of course, there is plenty of fitting rooms at the back and a couple of mirrors. Once you decide what you like, we can take measurements so it fits perfectly and you are more than welcome to note anything you want us to adjust. Instant results guaranteed!"

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 07:45 AM
Shopping trip

Smiling, Eolande turns to the young woman.
"Thank you!"
She then turns back to Airis, still fussing with her dress, and holds her hand, gently pulling her along. After a few moments, they reach the mirrors, and Eolande lets Airis look at herself. While the dress might not be sitting properly, indeed, it only gives hints as to what could be, it is clear that great beauty is possible.
"See? It will look amazing on you!"
After gently removing the dress from Airis, and carefully hanging it, Eolande looks to Airis, her eyes hopeful.
"Can you take off your armor? That way, you can put on the dress. I would love to help you, but..."
She looks significantly at the metal buckles of the armor.

PersonMan
2013-08-07, 08:31 AM
Shopping
What Eolande considers 'fussing' is something Airis would describe as 'see this is why I don't just lay the dress over my armor oh great now it's wrinkled here, here and let me fix that oh great now it's messed up over there I can get it if I hold this side with my chin', and she's more than happy to follow the half-fey back to the dressing rooms if it means no more of that. If she was going to have a dress laying on her, she might as well do it right!

As the two head back towards the dressing rooms, Airis briefly turns back to look at Milo and mouths Good idea to him and smiles. She hadn't thought of this kind of thing, after all, and it was good to give credit where it was do. Eolande was having a great time and, unless Airis had misjudged him at some juncture, Milo was also enjoying himself.

In the room, the duelist looks in the mirror for a few moments, squints, then shrugs. "I, uh...it's hard to tell what it'll look like," she says. "As for that...don't worry. I've always prided myself in my ability to dress and undress myself without help," Airis continues, winking at Eolande as she begins to work on her duelist's vest. It takes about a minute in total, and at the end the duelist stands in only her underclothes.

"I can't actually remember the last time I wore a dress," Airis admits. "I think I might have had one during my time in the temple, but that was only for ceremonies,"

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 08:42 AM
The Shopping trip.

As Airis expresses doubt on how the dress would looks, Eolande tries to reassure her with her eyes, trying to let Airis see what she sees, thinking that thoughts are better than words.
While Airis takes off her clothing, Eolande carefully smooths out the dress, removing any wrinkles, and ensuring that it is in top condition.
Afterwards, although it seems like a shame, Eolande collects the dress, and readies it, holding it so that Airis can easily step into it, before she pauses, and casts a brief spell, and, almost immediately, Airis feels clean once more. Then she holds the dress ready.
"Don't worry, Airis, you will look even more wonderful!"
She seems quite eager to see Airis in the dress.

PersonMan
2013-08-07, 09:01 AM
Shopping
It takes a few moments for Airis to realize what Eolande is doing, and by then she's already reddening at the half-fey's gaze. The arcane cleanup comes as a surprise, but a welcome one - it was a feeling she had gotten used to during the trip to the continent and one that she enjoyed. The feeling, not only of being cleansed, but also of Eolande's power, sheer magical energy, flowing against her. The thought sends a brief shiver down her spine and Airis quickly steps into the dress the half-fey is holding ready.

"It might work better with different undergarments," Airis says, looking at herself in the mirror. It showed...a lot of skin. Her tattoo was actually visible in some places, which was a surprise. As her thoughts turn to it, the spider's legs glow slightly, crimson energy flowing along them, but the duelist ceases the flow before her wings emerge. "These, well..." while Airis doesn't say it, Eolande has already become aware of what she means; the duelist's chest is more strongly supported, but also pressed in somewhat, by what she's wearing. She may not have anything like Eolande, but with the kind of acrobatics necessary for her fighting style the kind of support she had was a lot more comfortable. It flattened her a bit, but seeing as she was normally in armor it didn't make much of a difference.

In a dress, though, the difference is enough that she doesn't quite fill out the front.

dantiesilva
2013-08-07, 09:04 AM
Shopping

Milo had been quietly walking with the two women,holding things for Eolande when she asked and getting an assistant when one was needed. In truth watching the two was bringing more joy to him then he would have thought.

As the two are walking towards the dressing room Airis gesture of thanks does not go unnoticed and Milo does a small little bow, as if saying I aim to please before following behind the two, stopping at the door. Well that sucked, he could not just walk in with them. Hmmmmm, what can I do? Milo says to himself before he calls into the room. Don't mind if I get to give a second opinion when the dresses are on do you? he says kindly as he waits for an answer.

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 09:08 AM
Shopping trip

After Airis steps into the dress, Eolande carefully ties it across the back, holding it gently into place, and then steps back, smiling, clearly loving seeing Airis in the lovely dress, before Airis comments on her undergarments.
Eolande casually steps back in, and gently lifts the dress, so that Airis can shrug out of her undergarments.
"Maybe, but it is wonderful as it is! Perhaps you can try without any, and see how that looks? I can go and find you some different undergarments as well, and we can experiment. Now, what do you think?"

I would have Eolande respond to Milo... but she is kind of... distracted, at the moment.

PersonMan
2013-08-07, 09:44 AM
Shopping
Airis looks into the mirror and, despite not really considering herself the kind of person to wear a dress and the undergarment issue, she has to admit that she likes what she sees. It's a different look, to be sure, but she likes it. The black and red complement each other and her own crimson wonderfully. Now she can see why Eolande likes doing this so much. It really is-

"Gah!" Airis yelps, having been so wrapped up in her own thoughts that she both missed Milo and hadn't seen the half-fey. "E-Eolande! I wasn't expecting that," she says, recovering from her shock after a moment.

"I...without? That could work, I guess. I'm not used to it, though," Airis continues in response to her idea. Which promptly brings her to another thought...

"Although, that reminds me...you never wear one at all. Have you ever tried? It'd have to be a special one, because of your wings, but in a city like this I'm sure that can be done," she says while indeed slipping out of her restraining undergarment, setting it aside and taking another look into the mirror.

This...I could get used to looking like this. No wonder Eolande wears a dress and nothing else on her chest all the time. It's a bit odd, but it's a feeling of freedom better than the best armor. Although...maybe on the ship, but out here I feel like I should be in my armor. If we ever go to some formal occasion this'll be great, though.

dantiesilva
2013-08-07, 09:50 AM
As Milo hears Airis say that that could work she guessed he smiled a big smile thinking of seeing the two in a dress as he listened to the two inside wondering what was going on. Then he remembered her saying that she was not expecting something from Eolande and a smile came across his lips.

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 10:00 AM
Shopping trip.

As Airis jumps when Eolande touches the dress, Eolande smiles. Airis really was having as good a time as she was, however, Eolande had not meant to distract her from her enjoyment of the dress.
"Oh! Sorry, Airis, I didn't mean to distract you, but... It would look good."
As Airis agrees, Eolande smiles even more broadly, although Airis's recognition of her lack is surprising.
"I... I have not tried, but... they all seem to have death metal in them, and I couldn't wear them even if they didn't. Do they make much of a difference?"

After Airis slips out of the restraining clothing, she fills the dress much more effectively, as Eolande helps replace it, smiling.

"You look lovely! With some fitting, you could walk into any room, and be the loveliest one in it!"

While Airis admires herself, Eolande slips out of her dress, standing unabashedly nearly naked, and carefully folds the loyal companion, before holding out the new one to Airis. While she could put the dress on herself, it would be much easier with help, and it would help to show Airis how to put her own dress on.

PersonMan
2013-08-07, 10:22 AM
Shopping
"Hmm. Well, yes. Firstly, they provide support, which is mainly helpful when being physically active - running, jumping, dodging and similar - but it also has a...significant aesthetic change. I feel that it's comfortable as well, but that may just be me being used to them," Airis says.

Another compliment! Now, there was no way she would leave her armor and rapier for the way of Ailee's beloved, but she can certainly see the appeal in it. Looking like this, getting this sort of compliment...it's wonderful. Especially from Eolande.

"Well...I do think it looks very good, but I think you're selling yourself short," Airis says, turning to the half-fey. Seeing her almost entirely nude is a surprise and she takes a moment to focus on the dress rather than her.

Once she's recovered her focus, although she does blush at the moment of lapsed eye contact, Airis holds the dress like the half-fey had held hers, hoping to quickly move on to admiring Eolande in a dress rather than without. Or at least get away from the embarrassment.

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 10:33 AM
shopping continued

"Well... I suppose I could try one, if it makes you happy."
Eolande doubts that such a thing would be comfortable, after all, she had never worn one, and was fine, but... if it helped Airis feel better...

When Airis agrees, Eolande grins, and then laughs as Airis thinks she is selling herself short.
"I... I am me, but you are you. How could I be more beautiful than you?"
As Airis goes to reply, especially with the distraction of her body, Eolande jumps up, and lightly kisses Airis, smiling as she blushes, and gently running a finger across her cheek.
"Thank you, Airis."
Eolande carefully steps into the dress, and subtly guides Airis to help her put it on, before standing in on front of the mirror, and admiring herself. The dress... it was perfect. The colors flowed naturally, emphasizing her wings, and helping to highlight her eyes and hair, as well as her body. Sadly, though, the dress was not a perfect fit. It was a bit loose around the waist, and a bit tight across the chest, but the rest of it... the effect was simply stunning.
To get Airis's opinion, she carefully spins in a circle, letting Airis see it all, before looking up at her, cautiously
"What do you think?"

PersonMan
2013-08-07, 11:05 AM
Shopping
"By being you," Airis replies, looking into Eolande's eyes. The kiss and touch makes her smile, but at the same time she needs to restrain herself...they were in these fancy dresses, after all, and Milo wasn't far away.

As Eolande spins, Airis is captivated by the movement and how she looks in the dress. It doesn't fit her hips very well, unfortunately, but the effect on her chest is an unintentional bonus, in her eyes.

"I, um, well. If you wear that all the time, it may be a day or so before I can look where I'm going," Airis says, lowering her voice, gaze going up and down, left and right - she wants to look at all of Eolande at once. Since that won't work, her eyes flicker from one thing to another, back to the half-fey's eyes, then around again.

"You look magnificent," the duelist says, stepping up to Eolande, looking into her eyes. "I'm afraid I'll have to get used to not having the privacy of a room anymore once we leave," she says, more quietly than before, raising a hand to cup Eolande's cheek.

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 11:12 AM
As Airis is struck nearly speechless by the dress, Eolande knows that she had chosen well. However, with a wicked little grin, Eolande walks towards Airis. but, not her normal walk. This walk is more mincing, more... seductive.
"Only a day or so?"
She reaches Airis, and, on the tips of her toes(and some help from her wings), she kisses her, thoroughly.
"Thank you, Airis, it means a lot to me. Now, do you think we can get that woman in here, to fit them properly? But... Why would not having a room matter?"
As Airis cups her cheek, Eolande looks up at her, hope in her eyes.

As the moment ends, Eolande backs away, and sticks her head around the door.
"Milo? Could you please find that woman, and see if she can fit us now?"

PersonMan
2013-08-07, 11:26 AM
Shopping
Eolande's assault on Airis entirely rolls over her meager defenses, and the duelist accepts her kiss eagerly, the struggle between Id and Ego clear in every fiber of her being. "If you do that, it could be weeks," she pants afterwards, voice raising up to her normal speech with the final bit.

"I...well, I'm not comfortable doing something like that where we could be seen," Airis replies softly. "If you...well, do your thing, it could work, but I'd still be worrying about it,"

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 11:32 AM
Smiling, enjoying the effect that the new dress is having on Airis, Eolande looks up at Airis, happy, and content, much happier with weeks than a mere day, and feeling that for some things, words are not needed.

Eolande looks doubtful.
"Well... if you are really uncomfortable, it would not be fun, but... are you sure? I think both of us would enjoy it, a lot, even with the others nearby..."

Sliver
2013-08-07, 11:42 AM
Shopping

The woman hears you calling and approaches. "Ah, wonderful. You look absolutely stunning!" She smiles, happy that you found dresses that you like. "Now let's get you out of them and get you all measured up!" She says as she pulls out her measuring tape and dances around you merrily. "Any special requests? Open back, easy wing adjustment, deeper cleavage... Any of that is pretty simple. Don't be shy!"

As Milo waits at the front, a little boy comes to the front with a tray filled with cookies and a pitcher of sweet tea. "Sometimes ladies drag men with them to the shop. Wouldn't want you to be bored, do we?" He smiles at you and nods, understanding. "I also have a deck of cards, if you want to play."

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 11:49 AM
shopping

Eolande, in her already backless choice thinks, considering her options even as she carefully removes her dress.
"Airis? Any preferences? I think yours would look better with a slightly deeper cleavage, but it is up to you. As for me... any suggestions? What would you like?"

dantiesilva
2013-08-07, 01:15 PM
Sitting outside the dressing room was torture as he could hear the two going back and forth, if only he knew a bit of magic. He heard they could see through things that others could not, and that would be very useful now. And as if on cue Eolande pops her head out and Milo goes completely rigid as he looks at her. Wetting his mouth a few times he just barely gets the words out before taking off in a rush. Eolande.....Wow....ok.

When he returns and the boy comes up with cookies and tea he smiles at him, odd why would a little boy be doing this? He asked looking for any tell tale signs of a thief as he spoke. They didn't drag me here, I owed one of them and knew this was the best way to make her happy. If it means sitting here waiting, I know it will all be for good reasons. Milo says happily accepting the tray the boy offered him.

Spot [roll0]

PersonMan
2013-08-07, 01:50 PM
Shopping
"I'm pretty sure you could make me enjoy it anywhere," Airis responds. "If we could keep it discreet I would be fine, but...well, not as expressive, trying to keep quiet,"

The entrance of the shopkeeper woman pulls her out of the state she had been in, and Airis takes a few moments to calm down as she carefully takes off the dress. Adjustments...luckily for her, the nature of her wings made serious changing of her clothes unnecessary. Having no real experience with dresses, the duelist isn't really sure what kind of change she could get...there were quite a few options.

"Deeper? Isn't...this isn't a lot already?" Airis asks, indicating the dress she was now no longer wearing. Now she wishes she had attended one or two of the open dances the Ailee beloved organized on holidays. Then again, fashion in Aurelia and fashion here, in the outland...probably not the same.

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 01:58 PM
Shopping

Eolande looks delighted as Airis agrees to try, even though they were more likely to be noticed.
"That would be wonderful, Airis."

As Airis expresses confusion as to the depth of the dress, Eolande smiles, and shakes her head.
"Not much deeper, just another inch or two, enough to allow your lovely skin to contrast well with the black. It would look nicer, really. But... I have seen dresses that were open all the way down to the waist. But... Is there anything that you would like to see different about my dress?"
Eolande looks to Airis, hopeful that she would have an idea or two to improve the dress still further. While she had seen a lot of dresses, she had mostly stolen peeks at noblewomen wearing them as they traveled to and from parties.

dantiesilva
2013-08-07, 02:04 PM
WEll if this is about right for her size on the chest department or bigger (http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/dragons_crown_sorcerer_01.jpg) Milo votes for these alterations XD (http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs48/i/2009/176/c/5/__Asmodian_Sorceress___by_Anathematixs.jpg) This is what he is seeing in his mind mind you

PersonMan
2013-08-07, 02:05 PM
Shopping
As Eolande talks about how the modification would be small, and with a significant benefit, Airis considers it again. Why not? She thinks. It's not like I have to wear it all the time or anything.

"Alright, that sounds...good," the duelist says, "As for your dress? I'm not sure. The waist could be changed to fit better, and if the chest is uncomfortable you could change that, but apart from that? I...I don't know,"

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 02:09 PM
When Airis agrees, Eolande smiles, and claps, pleased beyond words. Of course, she has a solution to this, and she does so, kissing Airis, before backing off slightly, whispering "Thank you" as she does.

Then she calms down, slightly, and asks Airis
"Are you sure? It's perfect once it has been adjusted to fit me?"

dantiesilva
2013-08-07, 02:14 PM
Milo hearing the discussion going on inside knocks on the door, I got a few ideas Eolande if you want. Got cookies and tea too. he says waiting to see if he is allowed in or not.

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 02:17 PM
Eolande, mostly naked, sticks her head out once more, looking at the little man.
"Well, why don't we wait until the dresses are fitted, and then ask? Although, cookies do sound nice..."
Eolande, not minding if Milo comes in, looks to Airis, who she suspected would.
"Do you mind if Milo comes in, Airis?"

dantiesilva
2013-08-07, 02:20 PM
Milo nods his head at her as he brings over the tray of cookies and tea to her, trying not to peak in. I am not great at drawing anything but maps but I will try to draw out something rough for you to look at out here. Does Airis need help with her dress? Milo asks softly, taking his time as he speaks not wanting Eolande to leave so quickly.

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 02:26 PM
Shopping

Eolande casually reaches out, and collects two cookies, and, although she looks at the teapot, she is clearly unwilling to risk touching the metallic surface. As she reaches, the curtain slips, and Milo gets a glimpse of what is behind it.
"Um... No, I think Airis is doing fine with her dress, but thank you for offering."
Before he can respond, she vanishes back behind the curtain, heading over to Airis, and offering a cookie to her.

PersonMan
2013-08-07, 02:29 PM
Shopping
Airis still isn't really comfortable with the whole kissing in public thing. Still, it wasn't like she was in any position to complain, and her discomfort was more or less drowned out her enjoyment of the time with Eolande.

"I'm no tailor, but once those changes are done, I'd say it's perfect. Although, the latter...well, if it doesn't bother you, feel free to leave it as is," Airis, having a metaphorically vested interest in Eolande not changing the dress in the second way she mentioned, hopes that this is enough to convince the half-fey. She didn't want to out and out say 'I really love the look of your chest in that dress the way it is now' with Milo and the other woman in hearing range.

"Of-I mean, yes, I do mind," Airis says, for a moment forgetting Eolande's different past. She's surprised that she would be comfortable with it, but...well, the half-fey was half fey, after all.

"Thank you for the offer, Milo, but I am fine with my dress," the duelist says, speaking up so as to speak to the small man through the door.

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 02:32 PM
shopping

Eolande, finding the dress to be a bit tight, was going to ask the woman to loosen it, but, with Airis liking it like that, she was not going to say anything.
"Ok, so tighten the waist, so it fits me then? That would be nice."

As Airis reveals that she does mind, Eolande shakes her head, and relays this information to Milo.

dantiesilva
2013-08-07, 03:35 PM
ok so is eolande in her dress, not in her dress as said curtain kind of falls?

As Eolande cassualy reaches out and collects two cookies, clearly staying away from the teapot and the metal Milo shakes his head. Sorry I forgot about the metal thing, not something I am used to yet. I will try to be conscious though. and as he is saying this the curtain slips and Milo looks at Eolande in a whole new light. Wow Eolande...your beautiful...I mean ahh, sorry I should have turned around. Milo says fidgeting on his feet but still not turning around. Sorry..It just wow...I have never seen anyone as beautiful as you and Airis before...And well...Wow.... Milo says as she disappears once more behind the curtain. He felt like a complete fool. It is not until he hears Airis voice that the red vanishes from his face. Ok.... he says all of a sudden shy at what had just happened.

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 03:38 PM
Shopping

As she goes to leave, Milo gets a glimpse of her body, and, apparently, it is enough to change his attitude about her. As she withdraws, he hears a whispered thank you.

PersonMan
2013-08-07, 03:56 PM
Shopping
Airis raises an eyebrow as Eolande closes the curtain again, gesturing with her head to where Milo is standing, out of sight, as if to say 'wow, look at him'. Of course, while she is trying to remain understanding about the half-fey's lack of inhibitions regarding nudity, the fact that the small man even caught a glimpse of her naked body ignites jealousy in her. Mine! Not yours! The feeling says.

Outwardly, Airis smiles as Eolande offers her a cookie and she steps forwards to take it, wrapping her hande around the half-fey's more than is necessary to accept it. Not mine, Eolande belongs to herself. I shouldn't be jealous, Airis thinks, eating the cookie slowly, face passive as she looks down at the shorter woman.

"Hmmm," she says.

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 03:58 PM
Cautiously nibbling on her cookie, Eolande smiles up at Airis while she waits for the woman to finish.
"They are delicious, aren't they."

PersonMan
2013-08-07, 04:05 PM
Shopping
"Yes. Hard to think about a cookie with you standing here, though," Airis says, not keeping her voice especially quiet. She's feeling just the slightest bit vindictive, but doesn't want to go too far with it. It was an irrational response, giving it too much control was foolish. A flash of ideas cross the duelist's mind, most of them absurd, but they leave a question behind them.

"You don't mind a lack of privacy, but I'm curious about...well, how would you feel if we, you know...right here?" Airis whispers, bending in to speak into Eolande's ear. After her answer, she straightens again, speaking in a normal tone.

"Thanks for satisfying my curiosity regarding that. I hope I didn't give you the wrong impression," she says.

dantiesilva
2013-08-07, 04:23 PM
As Milo barely cathes the soft thank you as the curtain closes he smiles, Your welcome. Will you and Akra be much longer? Milo asks loud enough for all to hear, though is a bit saddened when he hears Airis acting as if she had forgotten he was even out their talking about how beautiful eolande was. If only he could...No, he would be caught, to many eyes and not enough hiding spots he told himself as he looked at his spyglass on his bow.

PersonMan
2013-08-07, 04:44 PM
Shopping
"I don't think so, but that depends on how long these modifications will take," Airis replies, looking at the shop woman.

Archmage1
2013-08-07, 04:50 PM
Eolande looks confused once more.
"But... it's a cookie! Not as good as bread and honey, but still, close!"

However, as Airis whispers in her ear, Eolande has a response that Airis may or may not be expecting. Rather than speaking with words, she speaks, as is her wont, with actions, kissing Airis deeply, even as her hands gently run up and down Airis's back, ending up lower and lower with each stroke.

dantiesilva
2013-08-07, 09:04 PM
Ok Airis as I also need to get a sunrod and you said you needed to get something. Mind if I took Eolande with me to a jewelry store as well, need to pick up one more thing to complete a gift and I need her help. Milo says before he hears the sounds of kissing behind the curtain and smiles. Well this should be interesting with the shop keeper in their and all. Milo thinks to himself giving them a two minute head start to see if the shop keeper stopped them or joined.

Sliver
2013-08-08, 12:32 AM
Shopping

The woman is very flustered at the show of affection and scoops up the dresses. "I'll... Uhh.. Have them done, quickly... Out there..." She moves off.

Doing her best to leave without sliding the curtain too much, the woman hangs the dresses and looks around, searching for something. "Ahh, sweety, go play outside, alright?" She tells to the kid as she draws a folded piece of blue cloth and unrolls it on the table, revealing a circle surrounded with runes.

She places the dress on the circle and pulls out a small piece of paper from her pocket, attaching it to one of the beams in front of her. She draws out a small rod that was holding her hair together in a bundle and then narrows her eyes, concentrating on the piece of paper and reading some words.

After she is a few words in, the dress begins to float and the seams begin to open and adjust, the dress remaking itself according to the order. Every time the woman says a different word, the dress flips or turns and begins to reform itself. It takes about two minutes for the first dress to be done and Milo can imagine Eolande's form fitting under the tight looking dress.

Airis' dress is adjusted in a similar fashion.

dantiesilva
2013-08-08, 12:53 AM
As Milo sees the young women looking flustered as she exits the make shift room Eolande and Airis were in and head to a table, Milo looks between the two places and decides to test his luck. You two be quite in there please if you are going to do something. Its fine really, I will be with the girl doing your dresses. Milo says easily hoping that would encourage them and let them both know he was a good lookout in more then one way.

As she tells the little boy who had offered milo the food he smiles at him. Thank you very much for the cookies, the girls seemed to really like them. Milo said before watching the boy run out of the shop, leaving only Milo and her in the open area. Slowly and carefully he makes his way over to the table she was working at and watches as she unfolds a piece of blue cloth before unrolling it onto the table. Staying silent not to disturb her to much after she had just left the room Milo watches as she works. I'm sorry about those two, they just really haven't been able to be alone in well ages. Milo says softly and gently as he looks at the dress she is working on, and knowing instantly it was for Eolande just by the colors. I think it was more a matter of they found you attractive and were hoping you would join them, which I can not blame them, you are very beautiful. Milo says charmingly as he kisses her hand. I do understand though that you may not have wanted to and completely understand, after all it was unexpected. I was wondering though if you would do me the honor, you see traveling with them has made it very hard for me to see anyone as I am their guide and all, and can not leave them alone besides in their own rooms at a tavern or like now. he says indicating the curtain. I know it seems like an odd request, especially do to my race, but could you please show some pity on this ugly guide who is not worthy of your beauty? Milo says as he goes in to try and massage her back as he had seen Eolande doing to Airis the other day which had brought her much satisfaction.

Bluff check [roll0]

Sliver
2013-08-08, 01:17 AM
Shopping

The woman laughs nervously and draws her hand back, stepping away from the halfling. "I'm sorry, sir, but I am trying to set a good example for my son..." She motions, with her now freed hand, at the door the kid left through. " I'm sure my husband would not appreciate such a thing, either."

dantiesilva
2013-08-08, 01:20 AM
As the woman turns him down Milo bows his head. I am sorry I was not aware you were married, please forgive me. How much were the dress again? Milo asks taking out his sack of gold and placing it on the table as he began counting out platinum pieces.

Sliver
2013-08-08, 01:27 AM
Shopping

The woman looks away from Milo for a moment, smiling sheepishly. It was a strange day indeed. "That would be 23 platinum, sir."

dantiesilva
2013-08-08, 01:35 AM
As Milo hears the price he looks back to the curtains, the smile on Eolandes face, and the view he had gotten. Yea it was definitely worth it as he placed the money on the table. Again I am deeply sorry mam and hope you were not offended in any way. Milo says handing the platinum over. Any chance you know where I can get some fine jewelry as well? he asks her as she had been nice to him so far after the big misunderstanding that left him hating being outside the room alone now. He refused to go over their and stop the two though as he had told them to go at it. Sighing he goes and takes a seat, head in his hands.

PersonMan
2013-08-08, 10:33 AM
Shopping
Despite knowing Eolande well enough to expect such a response, Airis is still surprised by her actions. As the dress woman left in a hurry, it seemed like the duelist's question, born or curiosity rather than desire, was becoming far more than that.

At first, the duelist accepts the kiss. "Mmmm," she says, voice muffled by the half-fey's lips on her own. The part of her that wanted to stop was quickly being overpowered by the rest, and Airis begins to reciprocate before long, her own hands coming up to hold Eolande's shoulders...

When suddenly Milo's voice comes through the curtain. Brought back to reality, Airis waits for Eolande to stop for air and pulls away. "I-I can't...here. Not with them...listening," she says. "Maybe we can find ourselves a place to stay the night and continue this there before we complete our shopping trip?" Airis asks, normal shyness in that aspect temporarily overcome by her still strong desire.

Archmage1
2013-08-08, 10:38 AM
Shopping trip

Engrossed in what she is doing, Eolande does not even notice the shop woman leaving, and as Airis starts to touch her in return, she melts into Airis, clearly enjoying it.
Sadly, though, Airis backs away as soon as Eolande realizes that Air is kind of important, bringing a small sound of disappointment to her mouth.
Eolande speaks wistfully, sad at the abrupt end, capturing and slowly stroking Airis's hand as she does.
"Are you sure? I don't think they will mind, but if you would prefer, of course we can continue later."

PersonMan
2013-08-08, 11:22 AM
"Shopping"
"They might not, but I don't like the thought of Milo and that woman listening to our every move in here," Airis replies.

With that said, she begins to collect her clothes - they've tried the dresses, and staying like this would do nothing but invite more such events. Airis decides to carry the armored portions of her clothing this time, rather than putting it on. She is clearly hurrying.

"We'll need to find a place to sleep anyways...now is not a bad time," Airis says. Turning to Eolande, eyes full of controlled passion, she lowers her voice. "And I don't think I could concentrate on much of anything having stopped short like that,"

Archmage1
2013-08-08, 11:28 AM
Eolande nods, and withdraws her hand as Airis explains, however, as Airis starts collecting her clothing once more, Eolande looks at her oddly.
"Airis... we will need to try the dresses on again, to make sure that they were fitted correctly, but after that... I think continuing this will be... enjoyable."
Eolande smiles at her, her eyes mirroring Airis's, but after a moment, a small frown forms on her lips.
"But... what about Milo? He wanted to take me shopping for some jewelry as well. If we don't wait... won't he still be listening?"

PersonMan
2013-08-08, 11:39 AM
Shopping
"Oh, uh. I see," Airis says, quickly undoing the progress she has made with her clothes. As Eolande mentions Milo, she chuckles. "If he thinks he can camp outside our door and listen in, I'll give him the imprint of an Aurelian boot on his face," she says, tone light.

"We're, ah, ready for the dresses again!" Airis says, raising her voice enough to be easily heard.

Do we want to play out everything leading up to the fade to black? I'd be cool with saying they try the dresses, they're good, they pack up and leave, find an inn, Airis gives Milo the 'you try and listen, you dieeeee' look, they get a room, they use the room, they come out, continuing after they've finished up and are back outside.

Archmage1
2013-08-08, 11:43 AM
shopping

Eolande looks doubtful
"I suppose that is one way to deal with his presence, Airis."

Degree of detail is up to you. I am fine with fading like that, so no worries.

Sliver
2013-08-08, 11:47 AM
Shopping

The woman comes back with the dresses. The adjustments have been done quickly and perfectly, especially considering the short amount of time it took her to do. She waits patiently, looking to see if you are pleased by the fit.

If you want to skip or not, it's up to you. :smalltongue:

Archmage1
2013-08-08, 11:50 AM
Eolande smiles in delight as the woman returns.
"Thank you!"
She collects Airis's dress, and holds it for her, meaning to help her into it, before getting Airis to help her into her own dress.

After both are dressed, and the dresses are settled, Eolande strikes a pose in her new dress, and looks to Airis, smiling, and looking almost giddy.
"What do you think? Do you like it?"

dantiesilva
2013-08-08, 11:52 AM
Its fine by me. Milo would be expecting as much after all. May be drunk when you pick him back up though.

PersonMan
2013-08-08, 12:02 PM
Shopping
Airis, by now knowing the routine, gets into her down dress and then helps Eolande. She takes a moment to look at herself again, considering how much of a difference the few inches have made, before turning to the half-fey as she poses.

"I love it. For a job done in a few minutes, the changes...very good. It's hard to make something this perfect even better, or for you to look more wonderful than you already did, but you've both managed it," not wanting to leave a bad impression on the woman before leaving, and impressed by the work, Airis compliments her as well as Eolande, who she looks at with barely restrained desire.

Can someone else do the big post? Otherwise I'll do it, but it'd have to wait until after dinner.

Archmage1
2013-08-08, 12:07 PM
Eolande smiles, glad that Airis likes it.
"Airis... you... you are breathtaking..."
She then breaks into an impish grin, and pulls back the curtain, allowing Milo to observe them.

Big post... will probably wait a while, then, since I have limited time, and I am already exceeding that

dantiesilva
2013-08-08, 12:15 PM
As Milo watches the dress woman go back into the room with the dresses he lifts his head up slightly waiting for the show to be done, but as Eolande opens the curtain and reveals the dresses on the two of them he lets out a whistle. Well I do not think you two could be surpassed in beauty even by a nymph. he says looking both the dresses over before walking over, looking at Airis for permission to get closer then 10ft away from the two. You both look really beautiful in your dresses, are we ready to go do the other things we had to do or do you two need to go finish something? Milo asks a bit sad he had not been so lucky with the shop lady, he had thought he had shot off all the right lines, perhaps he should have been like a bear and just made her his mate. Maybe thats how humans liked it he thought confused at how confusing females were.

Archmage1
2013-08-08, 01:10 PM
shopping

Eolande smiles as Milo compliments them, and turns to Airis once more.
"See! You are lovely in the dress! Even Milo agrees."
After he wonders if they will be doing more shopping today, Eolande looks to Airis, her eyes filled with desire.
"Could we find some rooms somewhere?"

PersonMan
2013-08-08, 02:46 PM
Shopping
"Yeah, I...I can see why people wear these. Thank you, both of you, Airis replies. "As for rooms, yes, we'll need to sleep somewhere and I could use a place to put this dress, since I can't wear it all the time or carry it easily,"

Although she doesn't immediately respond to it, the duelist definitely notices the look in Eolande's eyes. Another reason to wear this kind of dress, it seemed, was right in front of her...

With a quick goodbye to the shopkeeper woman after she changes back to her normal clothes, carrying the armored sections and her new dress somewhat awkwardly, Airis turns to Milo. "Know a good place to stay the night?" She asks, as the small man seems to know his way around fairly well.

Archmage1
2013-08-08, 02:50 PM
Eolande enjoys watching Airis change, as she always does, although it seems sad to have her put clothing on again afterwards. However, as Airis awkwardly carries the dress, Eolande shakes her head.
"Airis... you will fold it, carrying it like that. Do you mind if I..."
As she speaks, Eolande reaches into her bag, producing a coat hanger, and carefully attaches Airis's dress to it once Airis passes it to her, before the entire thing vanishes back into her bag, which is clearly magical.
"See? Much better. This way, it won't get wrinkled as we walk."
She does the same to her much beloved, and much battered old dress, carefully smoothing the fabric.

PersonMan
2013-08-08, 02:54 PM
Shopping
"Ah! Thanks, that's much better," Airis says, smiling at the handy piece of magical gear the half-fey has. As Eolande keeps her new dress on, the duelist wonders if she really is planning on distracting her with it and the way she walks in it for the rest of their journey.

Just as she was getting used to Eolande's beauty, she had to step it up and set her head spinning again. Well, she was half fey...

Archmage1
2013-08-08, 02:59 PM
shopping

Eolande smiles shyly at Airis, glad to have helped

During the trip to the tavern:
Noting Airis's gaze following her as she walks, Eolande, with a impish grin, adds an extra sway to her gait, not even noticing the people around her as she focuses on teasing Airis.

dantiesilva
2013-08-08, 03:29 PM
As Airis asks Milo if he knows a place to stay the night he bows his head. a few taverns, all depends on how private you want it and clean really. Big cities you have the option of choice, especially port ones, why I normally come here looking for new materials and such. Milo says with a smile happy to be of help to them. Then to Eolande he adds, How could anyone not find you two beautiful is beyond me Eolande. If you two are going to stay in for the night though once I drop you off I will be heading out for a quick trip I hope you two will not mind to much. It will be much harder without your help Eolande, but I can understand, she does look amazing in that dress. Milo says before walking away as the curtain closes on Airis and her.

As they are walking through the streets, Milo takes note of the new torture Eolande seems to be putting everyone in the streets including Airis through, and has to stop himself from laughing. Eolande you keep walking like that you may be getting some attention from more then just Airis. He says gently, trying not to ruin her fun to much.

Archmage1
2013-08-08, 03:41 PM
As Milo describes the variety of taverns in the port city, Eolande looks to Airis, hoping that she would have some idea of what they needed. Her travels had not included taverns.

However, as Milo mentions spending the night, Eolande shakes her head.
"No, probably not more than an hour, I think."
Eolande looks to Airis, wondering what she thinks of that plan.

"I can come jewelry shopping with you afterwards, and Airis also wanted to do some shopping as well."

As Milo reminds her of others on the streets, she stops, and looks around, noting the sheer number of eyes on her, mesmerized by her gait. She quails, clearly having not thought of that issue, oddly enough.
"I... I... I didn't mean..."
She stammers, before looking to the ground, and then around, alertly, worried about the onlookers.

PersonMan
2013-08-08, 03:47 PM
Shopping
"For now we'd be...getting acquainted with the accommodations, to make sure we don't suddenly notice an issue late at night, an hour or so will do," Airis says. It's somewhat true, as any issues that would crop up in the rooms would do so later that night as well, but it's clearly not her only motivation.

"Afterwards, yes, I was planning on going to get something on my own. You two can look for jewelry while I get that taken care of,"

As Eolande shrinks upon realizing what Milo means, Airis steps in closer to her, using her greater size to at least partially hide the smaller woman from the view of those nearby. "Don't worry, I know what it's like to find yourself facing collateral damage for something you thought was a one-on-one thing. But it may be for the best...I'm not sure I could take you teasing my much longer," the final bit is whispered into the half-fey's ear.

Archmage1
2013-08-08, 03:50 PM
Eolande relaxes... Slightly, as Airis tries to protect her, smiling at Airis's words. However, she is clearly still worried about being on the open streets

dantiesilva
2013-08-08, 03:53 PM
As the two tell him it would only be for an hour he nods leading them to a decent tavern that was not to great but not to bad either, once they have gotten their room he goes to the bar and begins drinking until they come downstairs.

In the streets on the way though Milo was very protective. Lets go people move it along. Never seen a girl happy to have a new dress before. Milo barked, using his voice as his size was very small, aiming his bow at any who got a little to free with their hands or words. Its ok Eolande you were doing nothing wrong, civilized people are more like animals then they like to admit is all. No in fact animals are better, they let others enjoy themselves without staring. Milo says to her a bite to his voice directed at all the people watching her.