PDA

View Full Version : How to finnish my 'forged charger?

Swaoeaeieu
2013-02-10, 03:12 PM
So i am playing a warforged fighter and i need some help with planning my later levels. My character is a protective type wich means he 'removes threats'. mainly by charging them and smashing them to pulp.
He is currently using a shield and a battlefist and is a level 3 fighter.

What i have planned so far is 6 levels in fighter (dungeoncrasher) followed by 5 levels juggernaut. Feats are in the spoilers:
Fighter
1- Adamantine body, increased damage reduction
2- Dungeoncrasher
3- Overload metabolism
4- Power attack
5- -
6- Dungeoncrasher, improved bull rush
Juggernaut levels
7- Armor spikes, expert bull Rush, Powerful Charge
8- Charge bonus, extended charge
9- healing immunity, superior bull rush, shock trooper
10- Armorspikes d8, charge bonus +2
11- greater powerful charge
12-
13-
14-
15-
16-
17-
18-
19-
20-

I was thinking about getting an permanent enlarge person item for myself and get knockback for all kinds of shocktrooper knockback dungeoncrasher combo fun. But as i find in a lot of guides (person_mans guide or the bulldozer build) there a some good combos even with shields.

Anyone have some good suggestions so i don't do pityfull amounts of damage compared to the barbarian,wizard and druid in my party? All books are allowed, but i like simplicity. New player and all that.

Comments? suggestions? All are welcome!

MeiLeTeng
2013-02-10, 03:19 PM
How to finnish my 'forged charger?

Have him be a fan of Terva Leijona (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terva_Leijona)?

Swaoeaeieu
2013-02-10, 03:30 PM
Have him be a fan of Terva Leijona (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terva_Leijona)?

Sorry my dear sir, but i fail to get the joke. Elaboration?

Yajirobe
2013-02-10, 04:57 PM
Sorry my dear sir, but i fail to get the joke. Elaboration?

'Finish' has only one N

Finn is someone from Finland.

Finnishing something implies that you want to apply a Finn attribute to something.

It was a bad pun. But I laughed at it anyways.

And I ruined it when I explained it.

Incidentally, a great way to Finnish your character would be getting it an animal companion and naming it Jake (http://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/Jake)

Swaoeaeieu
2013-02-10, 05:05 PM
'Finish' has only one N

Finn is someone from Finland.
Finnishing something implies that you want to apply a Finn attribute to something.
It was a bad pun. But I laughed at it anyways.
And I ruined it when I explained it.

Incidentally, a great way to Finnish your character would be getting it an animal companion and naming it Jake (http://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/Jake)

Huray for wordplay!
Apart from all the hilarious jokes (i even get the Jake one :D) any real suggestions about completing my character?

Zanthy1
2013-02-10, 09:00 PM
Maybe try the War Hulk prestige class? I think its in Complete Warrior. Also getting Lion's charge (the pounce ability) would be really useful. it allows you to make an attack i believe after charging.

The Viscount
2013-02-10, 09:28 PM
Consider dropping a single level into Lion Totem Barbarian from Complete Champion. That'll net you pounce, and as a Warforged you are immune to the fatigue of rage if you want to use it. Also Consider Frenzied Berserker from Complete Warrior.

Swaoeaeieu
2013-02-11, 04:05 PM
pounce does sound really nice, do i still get a feat for 1st level barbarian or does multiclassing not work that way?

but if i take a level in barbarian i only have 8 levels left, wich would not get me all the levels in war hulk, and the last level is the best part.

Some more charger combo's you know?

Also, frenzied berserker is out, i have lawfull alignment...

The Viscount
2013-02-12, 02:06 AM
1st level Barbarian doesn't give you a feat by virtue of itself. You will gain a feat if you take it at level 12 by virtue of reaching level 12. War Hulk won't fit you too well, as you want to keep charging stuff up. Leap Attack might be good. Your lawful alignment means barbarian is also out, which makes getting pounce much more difficult. Is lawful alignment a must? If so, the Ordered Chaos feat might work.