PDA

View Full Version : What is so great about anthromorphic races?

silverwolfer
2013-02-10, 08:25 PM
I see it quoted and said often dealing with the races from savage species, but what is so great about the animal races besides the full new tunnel of roleplay they open up?

ZeroNumerous
2013-02-10, 08:28 PM
For anthro-owls? Their ludicrous wisdom bonus. I don't have my books, but it's something in the neighborhood of +8-10 with LA+1 or +2.

Cog
2013-02-10, 08:30 PM
You can get Large size without LA as one of the whales, too. Does cost Monstrous Humanoid HD, though.

Kazyan
2013-02-10, 08:35 PM
The numbers are pretty good for some of them and outright bonkers for others (Anthrobat, waitwhat?), plus they can access hard-to-get abilities. Anthro Tiger gets you Pounce, Improved Grab, and Rake--would be insane on a Clawlock/Claws of the Beast-using Psychic Warrior.

TroubleBrewing
2013-02-10, 08:37 PM
You can get Large size without LA as one of the whales, too. Does cost Monstrous Humanoid HD, though.

Not to mention 120ft Blindsense on an ECL 3 character. Plus a Wisdom bonus.

AnthroWhales are basically impossible to sneak up on.

AnthroBats are typically touted as one of the ideal races for Druids: +6 Wis, Small size, fly speed, and +0 LA.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-02-10, 10:14 PM
Basically, they run the gamut from really good value for their LA/RHD to what in the Nine Hells were they thinking?

Cog
2013-02-10, 11:18 PM
Basically, they run the gamut from really good value for their LA/RHD to what in the Nine Hells were they thinking?
I think the bolded part is both ends of the gamut, really. There's some cruddy ones too.