PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Outside XXXIV

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Reinholdt
2013-02-10, 08:58 PM
This place is just as it sounds. It's outside.
Want a change of scenery? Go outside.
Always wanted to visit the beach? Come outside.
Looking to have a climatic fight on clifftops? Attempt outside.
Secret meetings being held where there's no cameras? Try outside.
Want an ambush without nasty base defenses? Yep. Outside.

Any and all are welcome here. There are no NPCs unless you bring them in. The major exception is the creepy eyed squirrel. The creepy eyed squirrel does not interfere with anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel is everywhere outside. The creepy eyed squirrel is always watching. The creepy eyed squirrel never sleeps. The creepy eyed squirrel can not be damaged, manipulated, or killed by anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel will eat anyone's very being who attempts to do so. Anyone can god-mode the creepy eyed squirrel. You may pet the creepy eyed squirrel at your own risk.

Other NPCs currently include:
The menacing crabs. (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/Ironack/menacingcrab.jpg) These intimidating creatures are usually found by the shore.
The non-existant duck. You'll miss every time you shoot at it.

There is very little you can't do outside. However, like always, please follow the forum rules and general rules of conduct. Private conversations can be held outside. If it seems like a private (secret) conversation, please respect that. Those having such a conversation should do their best to indicate it as such. Otherwise, other characters may stumble upon you. Those desiring to spy in on private conversations should first PM those holding the private conversation, more out of courtesy than anything else.

There are many areas outside, and people can be in multiple places outside. In order to keep areas outside separated so there's no confusion, consider bolding your outside location at the start of each of your posts, like so:

The Fields

Reinholdt sets up various targets and practices his sharpshooting. All these events recently has made him a bit rusty. To his left, he notes the creepy eyed squirrel. Giving him the heebie-jeebies, Reinholdt decides to head somewhere else.

The Cliffside

Calublufiok broods over his latest scheme as he flies over the cliffs. The creepy eyed squirrel is watching him again. He finds occasionally landing and telling the creepy eyed squirrel his plans helps him find holes in his plotting.

Note Reinholdt and Calublufiok do not interact because they are in different areas outside. They could interact, if Reinholdt moves to the cliffside. Of course, various things like telepathy help bypass this. Also, please note outside has no major buildings, though minor ones crop up from time to time.

And most importantly, enjoy outside. That's what this is all about. :smallsmile:

Outside now contains various Outside locations! Such as...
[Dead Pine Lake]
This lake lies in the middle of the forest. On the eastern shore, woodpeckers feast on the dead pines that give the lake its name. Sometimes one can find Lady Death here, the Aspect of Eve also known as The Grandmother, or Jedwiga.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Jedwiga.)

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/p243360-Delray_Beach_FL-Wetlands_sc.jpg

[The Islands]

An island cluster forms an archipelago along the coast. Some of the islands are settled, some not, but most are at least occasionally visited by the fishermen who work these waters.

[Gersemi's Island]

Now more commonly known as Melody's Island, since Gersemi has long ago retired.

Where once was a single hut with a few sheep, now stands a single hut, a barn, a few sheep, and a small tented community of orphans. Gersemi's loom still rests in one corner of the single hut.

Melody, like Gersemi before her, is a healer for the surrounding islands.

(Please PM Lex-Kat if you wish to interact with Melody.)

[Redbrick Falls]

A mountainous, cliffy region with a prominent waterfall. A large quarry once was worked in these cliffs. Now, only a few scattered villages and solitary dwellings remain.

[Norosa, Great City of the Elves]
A Lawful Evil city with an incredibly strong military and a very charismatic leader (Archmage Tyrion Lannister). It has a few CG resisters, but, otherwise, it is a city of peace and law, despite its evil nature.

[Brillian's Baneful Bestiary]
A secret series of caves where a mad scientist lives. A mad scientist who creates mutant attack creatures. These can be purchased for the right price.

[Auxiliary MagCave]

A relic from the days of the Age of Apocalypse, this abandoned cavern was once used by the infamous cyborg Magtok as a back-up laboratory and underground fortress, should Calublufiok have ever stormed the primary MagCave.

[The Katz Motel]
Located in the middle of Nowhere, our roadside motel is the only decent place for miles near the Taverna that has a bed. Run by a suave anthropomorphic cat, there is a strict No Dogs policy.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090705011306/courage/images/b/bc/Katz.png

A bellhop by the name of Bates is always ready to assist in carrying your luggage. Please ignore his constant mutterings about his mother. Other more unsavory employees can occasionally be found. Please try to avoid eye contact with them.

We at the Katz Motel wish to ensure you have a splendid stay. Any inconvenience due to randomly locking doors, giant spiders, secret passages, vampires, creepy paintings, and the occasional possession and subsequent exorcism are incredibly rare. Just look at our complaint cards! Not a single one mentions dying horribly in their sleep or becoming food for the monster in the basement.

And if you get bored, the owner will always be up for a game of sport, old boy.

((The Katz Motel is a horror filled place with the highest casualty rate of any motel in the Nexus area. Checking in is usually pretty easy and pleasant. Checking out is rare. Anyone can play the Motel and the NPCs within, free to invent their own horror. The NPCs within that can die usually only suffer death temporarily, the supernatural force causing the disturbances bringing them back to life for its own nefarious purposes. PCs get no benefit from this.))

[The Troll Cave]
A cave in a craggy hill. The undergrowth outside is trampled completely flat, and there's not much wildlife. There's a burned patch where a fire is sometimes there. Inside are a few large caves, linked by surprisingly smooth tunnels that look like something big has been regularly pushing through them.

[Blind Cat's Bluff]
A sheer cliff dropoff that travels straight down into the water, this is a favored point of people who commit suicide, romantics wanting to watch the sunset and anyone looking to get rid of evidence. The drop is pretty far and there are rocks at the bottom that spell almost certain doom, so watch your step.

[North Forest]
A magical forest with a mythical spring of beauty. A bit like the Weald, but not nearly as dangerous. For starters, you can find your way back out and the pixies aren't cannibals.

PM Reinholdt if you wish to add locations to Outside.

Lord Magtok
2013-02-10, 09:02 PM
Homework Under the Sea

"I guessss..." Margret says reluctantly. She's a home defense system, not some creepy magical campground girl. Ewww.

Socializing would probably do Margret some good. Or end in GLoG half blown to smithereens. Win win for Magtok!

Magtok pats Margret's shiny head. "We should work together on your homework projects and stuff more often."

He stops abruptly, peers ahead at the viewport, and frowns."Just as long as there's no more ocean drilling."

Sonzai
2013-02-10, 10:59 PM
Dir'Ba Cave

Kevin follows with the group down the cavern, and upon reaching the bend, turns off his flashlight to prevent its light from alerting the others to their presence.

He waits to see if Gerbo can see anything.

Kenyon
2013-02-11, 01:17 AM
[Dir'Ba Cave]

A few moments of grumbles and under-breath cursing later, Kenyon inspects the wound on his shoulder. The foamy liquid managed to stanch off the blood that was pouring from where the bat had bit him. He quickly dresses the wound, admiring his work with a quick nod before throwing his coat back on.

Going over the last fight in his head, Kenyon quickly resheathes his sword, bringing his rifle to a ready position. Sure, it was noisy as all hell, but at least it didn't leave him with a gaping hole in himself. Noisy rifle it is, then.

Kenyon rejoins the rest of the team shortly, noting that everyone is running dark, and silent. He quickly follows suit, dropping to a knee, and keeping his head low, and his weapon out of sight. He does hear some background noise, however, and strains to make out what may be said at the time.

Dark Elf Bard
2013-02-11, 01:15 PM
"Sounds wonderful," John smiles and stands up, "I probably need to go clothes shopping now, anyways."
She stands up and heads out!

McBish
2013-02-11, 01:27 PM
[Melody's Island- Cottage]

The kiss is snuck in. Tiring. Jezebelle says with a sigh. I told Estia about the possibility of her having magic. Jezebelle sits down rather heavily. She didn't take it as well as I'd hoped.

Derek's smile falls a bit hearing that. "I'm sorry to hear that. She was upset?" Derek takes a seat and enjoys some soup.

------------------------------

[Dragon Hunting]

John picks a spot in the woods that has enough cover to keep him hidden as he watches the camp. He curses to himself silently as she heads into a tent. He can't really cover her if he can't see her. He hopes that she is OK and doesn't make any sort of move yet not wanting to start something she might be able to talk her way out of. To far away to hear what the men are saying he keeps watching for now. He tries to see what kind of weapons these bandits seem to be carrying.

Halae
2013-02-11, 04:17 PM
[Cadaver Fields]

"Hrm... well then, I must be on my way. I'm looking for the thing that did this so just let me pass and we will be done with each other." The elf replies before she attempts to move past the little creatures. She could still catch it if she hurried.[Cadaver Fields]

"Can we come with you? Maybe it'll want to play!" the speaker of the gloamings grins, and all the others woop and agree.

Reinholdt
2013-02-11, 06:20 PM
Homework Under the Sea

"Like tea parties right?" Margret asks hopeful.

Magtok may be in luck though as they shift from one type of dirt to another, harder kind. And if the heat is any indication, they must be getting close.

Shadowcaller
2013-02-11, 07:12 PM
Empty Town

It's because Sableyes are creepy. They love it, they revel in it. Mawile does not care!

She also eyes the treats, and even sniffs at them. "<These aren't old. These aren't old at all...>"

The general store is unlocked, and a ringing bell lets the interior know that the door opened when she opens it. Inside is full of various things, a few snacks, a few other supplies... no maps readily apparent, though.

Empty Town

"Nothing here either." Beatrix declares as she peeks inside the shop. She turns back to the pokemon after closing the door again. "This is just getting more and more creepy, we should never have started to look around here. We should just grab some food and set off."

She looks at Alyx as if the pokemon just had said something. "Yes, now I trust the ghost food."

Crystal let's out a sound like a small (very creepy) girl giggling.

[Cadaver Fields]

Michicora glances at the creatures. Naive. "No, it's far too dangerous for you. It killed all these creatures easily. Do you think you can stand a chance against that?"

Lex-Kat
2013-02-11, 08:07 PM

Derek's smile falls a bit hearing that. "I'm sorry to hear that. She was upset?" Derek takes a seat and enjoys some soup.

She was mad because I was 'keeping secrets' from her. I tried to explain I was doing it to protect her, but she would hear none of it. Jezebelle frowns, putting her head in her hands. Not crying, just exhausted. I finally had to send her to her room, without supper.

Lyanna and I ate in silence.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-11, 08:57 PM
Empty Town

"<Speaking as someone who has bitten off entire branches over cases of the munchies, I don't trust the food here.>"

Uh... well, if you have a large jaw of steel full of sharp teeth you can eat anything you very well want, now can't you?

"<Did you consider checking the hotel or something? Maybe there's someone else staying here?>"

Mawile looks around again.

"<Are you considering staying here for the night? It's getting late, but we can still find somewhere in the woods if you would prefer...>"

TechnoScrabble
2013-02-11, 09:16 PM
She stands up and heads out!

John follows her, not knowing where to go in this place!

"I'm thinking something with utility. Lots of pockets. I've always like pockets."

5a Violista
2013-02-12, 02:07 AM
[Dragon Hunting]

John picks a spot in the woods that has enough cover to keep him hidden as he watches the camp. He curses to himself silently as she heads into a tent. He can't really cover her if he can't see her. He hopes that she is OK and doesn't make any sort of move yet not wanting to start something she might be able to talk her way out of. To far away to hear what the men are saying he keeps watching for now. He tries to see what kind of weapons these bandits seem to be carrying.

[Dragon Hunting]

There are around seven men gathered there. They all are simply armed - nothing that will stand up to a gun, but weapons that are generally more effective than a sword. There's a pike or two, a halberd, one bow and a couple arrows, and a guy with a large axe. One of them is gesticulating a lot, and points back to the camp once in a while.

Then, suddenly they all stop conversing. All seven, in a pack, walk back towards the camp, being very quiet. Meanwhile, Zorzo still hasn't come out of that tent yet. Maybe she stopped for a tea party?

McBish
2013-02-12, 11:29 AM
[Dragon Hunting]

John pulls a bullet out of his belt and loads it into the rifle taking careful aim before firing it. There isn't much chance that his target would dodge since he was aiming for the ground in the middle of the group. The magic in the bullet should then cause several large glowing energy tentacles to come up out of the ground and start to grab and hold the men in place. It has about a 5 meter radius so if the men were group tightly it should be able to grab them all.

----------------------

Derek reaches over to put a hand on Jezebelle's should to massage it slightly. "Maybe it will just take her some time to calm down. She was going to find out at some point, this way at least it is you telling her."

Shadowcaller
2013-02-12, 07:26 PM
Empty Town

"The woods obviously. No way in hell I'm staying here over the night." Beatrix says before rummaging around in her bag. "I got an idea though..." She suddenly takes up a small video camera. "Aha! Inspired by blair witch we can set up this camera in the middle of town and see what's going on. Unless anyone feeling up for watching?" She peers at the gathered pokemons.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-12, 07:35 PM
Empty Town

Mawile shakes her head. She has no desire to stay up in town all night.

Shadowcaller
2013-02-12, 07:40 PM
Empty Town==>Forest

"Let's go looking for a place to sleep then." And so they will, Beatrix will insist on a place a fair distance from the empty town.

"Thankfully I got a small tent with me. It's just large enough for one person though but I have some ideas for you too. We need to have a guard up so we don't get dragged away by zombies in the middle of the night. Who want's first watch?" She looks between the pokemon. Or at least the three of them who are released at the moment (excluding Mawile).

Lost_Deep
2013-02-12, 07:45 PM
Empty Town to Forest

Mawile will raise her hand. She's willing to stay up later. For the greater good!

Jacklu
2013-02-12, 07:52 PM
[Dir'ba Cave]

Gerbo looks back at the rest of the group and puts his finger to his lips to signal for silence.

Crouching low, ready to charge in if he's noticed, he pokes his gnome head around the bend, to try to peer inside. Gerbo can't see in total dark, but if there's at least a little light he can see almost as well as in broad daylight. His pupils dilate almost to take in all his eyes as he strains to understand what's going on in there.

Dir'Ba Cave

Kevin follows with the group down the cavern, and upon reaching the bend, turns off his flashlight to prevent its light from alerting the others to their presence.

He waits to see if Gerbo can see anything.

[Dir'Ba Cave]

A few moments of grumbles and under-breath cursing later, Kenyon inspects the wound on his shoulder. The foamy liquid managed to stanch off the blood that was pouring from where the bat had bit him. He quickly dresses the wound, admiring his work with a quick nod before throwing his coat back on.

Going over the last fight in his head, Kenyon quickly resheathes his sword, bringing his rifle to a ready position. Sure, it was noisy as all hell, but at least it didn't leave him with a gaping hole in himself. Noisy rifle it is, then.

Kenyon rejoins the rest of the team shortly, noting that everyone is running dark, and silent. He quickly follows suit, dropping to a knee, and keeping his head low, and his weapon out of sight. He does hear some background noise, however, and strains to make out what may be said at the time.

Gerbo can easily see what is around the bend as there is a hearty fire burning. The cave extends for about twenty feet before opening into a large cavern with a high ceiling. About halfway into the cavern the floor of the cave slopes upwards, quickly turning into a vertical wall of stone that stands fifteen feet high. The raised plateau extends for some distance further into the cave, requiring anyone who wants to keep going to climb the wall to get onto the upper half of the room. Luckily, there is a roughly constructed ladder leaning against the wall, not much more than two thick beams and several cross struts bound together with thick cords.

On the raised half of the cavern is the fire that is lighting the room. The faint smell of cooking meat permeates the air. Illuminated by the fire are several wooden structures, benches and racks and other such things. Whoever lives up there must be the owner of the ladder. And of the voice that continues to mutter and speak. The goblin, without doubt. And distracted by whoever is with them.

Keyon should be able to make out a few words if he strains hard enough. Nothing particularly useful: "food... hunt... slave..." Whoever is on the other end of the conversation is speaking too softly to be heard, however.

Shadowcaller
2013-02-12, 07:54 PM
Empty Town to Forest

"Great! Then Alyx takes the second watch, Ramu takes the third, Crystal takes the fourth and Suura takes the fifth. I'm too exhausted and hungry to even think properly right now so once I set up the tent I'm going to sleep." The trainer declares. Then said and done she will slowly but surely set up a small purple tent. Almost the same color as her hair actually.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-12, 08:11 PM
Empty Town to Forest

Mawile will climb up a tree, and sit up on a branch that will creak slightly. Not a bad place for a look-out.

Shadowcaller
2013-02-12, 08:17 PM
Empty Town to Forest

Beatrix will go to sleep soon after but Alyx and Crystal are staying up a bit. After a while Alyx will go to sleep as well, but the Sabeleye won't go to bed. She will stay up for most of the night in fact.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-12, 08:25 PM
Empty Town to Forest

Early in the night, after the sun has fully set, there will be a shudder in the air, and a thousand ghostly lights will rise above the town. Mawile will stick two fingers in her mouth and release a high, tinny whistle. This is kind of important, she thinks.

Shadowcaller
2013-02-12, 08:43 PM
No longer empty Forest

The tent shudders and soon enough Beatrix peaks out her head, her hair hanging down over her face. "Wha..." She stares up at the ghostly lights. "Holy ****!"

Crystal is also watching the lights, reflecting the light back from her crystal eyes.

"Okay, that town is definitely haunted." She comments while putting her cap on, suddenly feeling wide awake. She stands up, trying to see what the lights are doing. Are they moving in any direction or are they just floating there?

Lost_Deep
2013-02-12, 08:55 PM
No longer empty Forest

Mawile nods. The lights begin to swirl slowly, around the town... but don't seem to be endangering the group any.

Lex-Kat
2013-02-12, 09:00 PM

Derek reaches over to put a hand on Jezebelle's should to massage it slightly. "Maybe it will just take her some time to calm down. She was going to find out at some point, this way at least it is you telling her."

I s'pose. Jezebelle doesn't sound too happy still. She sighs. Maybe Melody will have better luck getting through to her. She's always been good with the girls.

She reaches over to attempt to take Derek's hand. How's the soup? she asks, giving a small smile.

McBish
2013-02-12, 09:19 PM

"It's great thank you." It really hits the spot after a hard day magicing his ship back together, especially if you forget to eat a good meal. "It may take some time for her to really adjust. I would offer to talk to her, but I doubt I would have any luck talking to her."

Lex-Kat
2013-02-12, 10:37 PM
{Melody's Island- Cottage}

So, how'd the work on your boat go? Jezebelle asks, changing the subject.

McBish
2013-02-12, 10:58 PM

"Good, back up and running without any damage. The magic I use to fix it up isn't very complicated but it takes it out of you. Even though I spent most of the day sitting still I feel like I ran a marathon." He smiles though, he doesn't mind being tired, it helps him feel like he accomplished something.

inexorabletruth
2013-02-13, 02:35 AM
[Dir'ba Cave]
Gerbo looks back at the group, puts a finger on his lips then signals for them to join him for a look.

Once they've seen what he's seen, he whispers as softly as he can to the rest of the group. "So, what's the plan? It looks like he's up that ladder. We either need to get him down, or get us up."

Meanwhile: (The Exile of August Tribolde)
Galloping along the pristine hills of Outside, a lone rider weary from too many days of travel without rest bounces along a trackless route, seeking refuge and water for his lathered horse.

"Soon, Johann," August offers in a soothing tone to his weary steed. "There is a place where we may find rest. A new home. I swear it."

Shadowcaller
2013-02-13, 09:24 AM
No longer empty Forest

Mawile nods. The lights begin to swirl slowly, around the town... but don't seem to be endangering the group any.

No longer empty Forest

Beatrix watches the ghostly lights together with Crystal and Mawile for a while before she suddenly springs into action again. "Anyone want to get a closer look?" She asks while grabbing her packpack. Maybe the ghosts were some kind of pokemon?

Lost_Deep
2013-02-13, 12:30 PM
No longer empty Forest

Mawile, though hesitant, will come down from the tree. She doesn't approve of this plan, but chances are without unanimous disapproval Beatrix is going to go through with it and will need all the help she can get!

Shadowcaller
2013-02-13, 03:06 PM
No longer empty Forest

"Don't worry you guys. I just want to take a closer look. We aren't going to enter the town or anything." Beatrix replies as she starts to sneak towards the town to get a better look. Crystal snickers behind the trainers back and then turns to Mawile, apparently waiting for her to go first.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-13, 04:56 PM
No longer empty Forest

Mawile will follow closely behind Beatrix, watching carefully...

The glowing lights are skulls. Human skulls, glowing with ghostly light.

Not Duskulls, full human skulls, empty eyes, spectral glow. If Beatrix tries to use her pokedex on one, it will register as not a pokemon.

Shadowcaller
2013-02-13, 05:23 PM
No longer empty Forest

Oh man if she only could video tape this... right! She was!

Also, Beatrix kinda don't have a pokedex. She will be getting one though! She will be watching them for a while though, trying to figure out what the heck they were doing there.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-13, 06:40 PM
No longer empty Forest

It looks like the skulls are circling above the town, forming a definite circle around the town.

These skulls will circle the town all night, until shortly before sunrise, not doing anything else unless they are interacted with.

Lex-Kat
2013-02-13, 07:02 PM

"Good, back up and running without any damage. The magic I use to fix it up isn't very complicated but it takes it out of you. Even though I spent most of the day sitting still I feel like I ran a marathon." He smiles though, he doesn't mind being tired, it helps him feel like he accomplished something.

Really? I didn't realize that was how you fixed your ship. Did it take you long to learn? Or is it just an innate ability?

Shadowcaller
2013-02-13, 07:05 PM
No longer empty Forest

Is anything different inside the town perhaps? Was there anything else then the floating skulls? Beatrix, will unless something happens, probably fall asleep again while watching the skulls. She won't awoken unless someone pokes her.

McBish
2013-02-13, 07:11 PM

"It is a bit of both. The world I come from pretty much everyone has a little bit of magic. Then there is the fact that the world itself is alive and more then a bit magical. It mostly involves getting into the right state of mind to ask the ocean to fix my boat." He realizes it sounds a bit weird but to him talking to the ocean is perfectly normal, as is getting a response. "I've been told I am talanted at it."

Lost_Deep
2013-02-13, 07:22 PM
No longer empty Forest

Mawile will make sure the next person takes watch, but besides that will not bug anyone.

Sonzai
2013-02-13, 09:28 PM
Dir'ba Cave

"Could we could fly up there somehow?" Kevin says, "either that, or maybe pretend to be celebrity remodelers."

Hattish Thing
2013-02-14, 02:47 AM
Outside-Rock Hunting

Enshadu walks around Outside, followed by four winged soldiers. He takes out a small device that looks like a remote control, and waves it around. It begins faintly beeping. So! Gentlemen....how are you, I'm Enshadu. Believe you know me? Heh, so what did you do to get this job? Who did you insult to have to work with me? Haha!

inexorabletruth
2013-02-14, 05:44 AM
[Dir'ba Cave]

Gerbo listens expectantly, his eyes widening in excitement at the prospect of seeing someone fly.

[The Exile]

August's horse stops next to a stream. August slides off, and falls onto the creek bed with a muddy splash. August barely feels the fall as he slips into unconsciousness while Johann, his trusty steed, laps up the cold, crystalline water.

Kenyon
2013-02-14, 12:01 PM
[Dir'Ba Cave]

Kenyon shakes his head. What he can hear provides no additional help with their situation.

As far as bringing whoever that is down here, he remembers having a grappling hook that can attach to the rifle, but considering the fact that it is dark as hell, and he is neither a robot (http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Blitzcrank) or a big fat dead guy (http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Pudge), the odds of reaching through the darkness and snagging something seem unlikely.

He turns to the others. "Well, 'nless someone other than our guide knows how t'grow wings real fast, my money's on either stunnin' or distractin' whatever's up top 'til we can climb up, or makin' enough of a noise to convince it to come down here. Personally, I prefer the climb route, as I'd rather not give this thing a chance t'prepare for us."

inexorabletruth
2013-02-14, 01:35 PM
[Dir'ba Cave]

"I can make noise." Gerbo offers sheepishly. He pulls out a strange polygonal rock with bizarre symbols on each facet. "It's called a Thunderstone. It'll make such a loud boom that anything up there won't be able to hear anything but the ringing in their own ears for up to an hour." He nods his head and bites his lower lip excitedly.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_likkoaVklw1qhze4mo1_500.gif

[The Exile]

August wakes up some time later, his horse about 200 feet away, grazing. He's sore and filthy from sleeping in the mud in his armor. He takes a look at his haggard self and gives an angry sigh, then proceeds to remove his armor. Best to clean it before it rusts.

About a minute later, he's down to his breeches and tunic, chasing down Johann to get to his pack. He finds a brush, cloth and oil, and heads back to the stream, and squats down under an apple tree. There he settles into a comfortable rhythm of washing, scrubbing and polishing. The cool water and warm sun is soothing, and the steady, simple work keeps his mind clear of his recent troubles. For the while, August feels completely at peace as he buffs out the scraps on his shin guard.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-14, 02:51 PM
Outside-Rock Hunting

Enshadu walks around Outside, followed by four winged soldiers. He takes out a small device that looks like a remote control, and waves it around. It begins faintly beeping. So! Gentlemen....how are you, I'm Enshadu. Believe you know me? Heh, so what did you do to get this job? Who did you insult to have to work with me? Haha!

Not a very talkative bunch, are they?

Shadowcaller
2013-02-14, 07:25 PM
No longer empty Forest

Mawile will make sure the next person takes watch, but besides that will not bug anyone.

No longer empty Forest

Crystal will be more then willing to watch over Mawile as she sleeps if she let's her.

In either case after many hours Beatrix will slowly wake up. "Where... where did the skulls go? Oh man, I missed them all? That's so lame. Now we'll never know what they were doing."

Lost_Deep
2013-02-14, 07:39 PM
No longer empty Forest

Mawile shrugs. She doesn't know what to make of that at all.

Shadowcaller
2013-02-14, 08:29 PM
No longer empty Forest

Beatrix makes a dismissive gesture. "Whatever, let's go and get the camera and then get out of here. Maybe it have captured something important." She says, her stomach once again making a rumbling noise causing her to groan as she walks towards the town.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-14, 08:37 PM
No longer empty Forest

The town looks like it was yesterday... her camera is missing. Why is the camera missing? It's just not here.

And that door that she opened is shut... everything is exactly as it was. Perfect timelessness.

Shadowcaller
2013-02-14, 08:54 PM
No longer empty Forest

"Nooo! My camera!" Beatrix exclaims as she dramatically gets down on her knees and shakes her first into the air. "Damn you ghosts!" She then sigh and slowly gets up, brushing off the dust from her jeans. "This soooo lame. First I'm lost, then I'm hungry and tired and now I lost my camera. Just great." She turns to Crystal. "I don't suppose you can like... feel ghostly energy or something?"

The pokemon shakes it's head in reply, causing Beatrix to sigh again. "What a day..."

And then she hits the final stage, acceptance. "But whatever, let's get the damn tent and get out of here. I never want to see this stupid place ever again, or it's ghosts."

Lost_Deep
2013-02-14, 08:59 PM
No longer empty Forest

Mawile nods and heads back toward the tent.

Some part of her wonders, if they were in the town at the time, what would have happened to them...

Gullara
2013-02-14, 09:47 PM
[Ruin]

A small structure made of stone stands here. It doesn't look like much from the outside. Just simple building with four walls. It doesn't look like it had an entrance, but one of the walls has collapses some years ago.

((Closed scene.))

Lost_Deep
2013-02-14, 09:52 PM
Ruin

There is a buzzing noise in the air, followed by a woman dropping from the sky. It's a controlled drop, and she lands without damage. She has a green coat of some sort, long green hair, a crazy look in her slightly odd blue eyes, and six wings made of psychic energy that disappear after she lands. She approaches the ruin, looking in through the collapsed wall.

Gullara
2013-02-14, 11:59 PM
[Ruin]

Looking inside will reveal a fairly empty room. a small altar of sorts lies at one end, though it is entirely bare. It's likely looters have been here before. Hieroglyphs cover the walls. They're not from Egypt like some would expect, though they bear a resemblance. The most striking difference is the strange animals occasionally depicted. The floor is also stone, though a portion of it is cracks and has sunk into the ground a ways. It forms a small tunnel that actually seems to go down a ways. It's too dark to see much, however.

inexorabletruth
2013-02-15, 01:42 AM
After August finishes polishing his armor, he looks up at the apple tree, licking his lips hungrily. It had been so many days since he ran out of trail rations, he'd come to ignore the growling in his stomach by now. But those apples were starting to look painfully delicious. After pushing himself to a stand, he pops up on his tiptoes and plucks the closest apple from the tree and takes a bite. After a few short seconds of gnawing, he's reduced the thing to core and seeds. Eagerly, he hops up to grab the next apple. He keeps repeating this until he's eaten about a half dozen of them. Sitting, self satisfied, and stuffed, August smiles sleepily and drifts off again in the afternoon sun.

OOC:
The other person in the Exile story seems to have drifted away, leaving me sort of adrift in Outside. If anyone wants to interact with August, please do. He now needs a reason to exist.
http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/smilies/interactionwanted.png

Time for Never
2013-02-15, 02:38 AM
After August finishes polishing his armor, he looks up at the apple tree, licking his lips hungrily. It had been so many days since he ran out of trail rations, he'd come to ignore the growling in his stomach by now. But those apples were starting to look painfully delicious. After pushing himself to a stand, he pops up on his tiptoes and plucks the closest apple from the tree and takes a bite. After a few short seconds of gnawing, he's reduced the thing to core and seeds. Eagerly, he hops up to grab the next apple. He keeps repeating this until he's eaten about a half dozen of them. Sitting, self satisfied, and stuffed, August smiles sleepily and drifts off again in the afternoon sun.

OOC:
The other person in the Exile story seems to have drifted away, leaving me sort of adrift in Outside. If anyone wants to interact with August, please do. He now needs a reason to exist.
http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/smilies/interactionwanted.png

Approaching August is a man (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14336893&postcount=793) walking alongside the stream towards where he is. What sets this person aside from your average looking human is the fact that his skin color seems off. In fact it appears to be of an unusual off-grey texture. Alabaster would be a good way to describe it. Standing in contrast to the light skin of this man is raven-black hair and a set of pure, dark eyes. This person is garbed in black and red plate armor with clawed gauntlets and spiked greaves. A large greatsword is sheathed on his back.

Noticing the horse grazing nearby, the Shadar-Kai makes a beeline for him. More than likely the steed will begin to whinny once it notices him.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-15, 09:18 AM
Ruin

Copi examines the walls, looking at them all. She has photographic memory, so she might be able to find some sort of translation later.

After examining the walls and alter thoroughly, she heads into the tunnel. She doesn't have a flashlight or anything like that, so she instead uses a bit of telekinesis like feelers to form a map of her surroundings. After the last time she was in a pitch-black cave, she worked on and refined the technique; she has a good idea of most things solid within ten feet of her.

In addition, she has her natural psychic sense open, and will detect any minds that she gets close enough to.

Gullara
2013-02-15, 12:33 PM
[Ruin]

The tunnel goes down a fair ways. After only a short stretch, the ground gives way to a stone floor and the tunnel is tall enough to stand comfortably. The only obstacle is some debris here and there. The tunnel loops back on itself once about half way down. Eventually, Copi enters a small chamber, roughly below the structure above.

In the center of the room, a red light provides dim illumination. The source of the light appears to be a large sarcophagus in the middle of the room. It's hard to see in this light, but it is made of blue stone, and what looks like gold. The rest of the room appears to be as lavish as the sarcophagus, though it's difficult to see. Whoever looted the building above never found this room.

She'll have to get nearer to see more.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-15, 01:54 PM
Ruin

You know, a red glowing sarcophagus makes one immediately ponder the safety of the situation, as the likelihood of said sarcophagus being evil is... rather high. However, instead of simply turning around and leaving, Copi decides to examine the room further either by the light or by her telekinetic sense as it is necessary. Specifically the perimeter of the room first, she doesn't want to risk the sarcophagus until she has a better idea of the room as a whole.

Including the ceiling! Mustn't forget the ceiling. In fact, she will examine the ceiling first.

Lord Magtok
2013-02-15, 01:59 PM
Homework Under the Sea

"Like tea parties right?" Margret asks hopeful.

Magtok may be in luck though as they shift from one type of dirt to another, harder kind. And if the heat is any indication, they must be getting close.

"Yes, Margret. Like-"

Oh hey, stuff is happening! Yay, lava and chaos and doom! Let's just hope Margret is driving the right giant drill machine thingy, and that they won't have to emergency telewarp out when everything starts melting around them! That would be terribly bad.

Gullara
2013-02-15, 02:06 PM
[Ruin]

The room is empty aside from the sarcophagus. The walls are marked with the same hieroglyphs as the building above. These, however, seem to include embedded gold. Otherwise the room is unadorned and seems to be safe. There are some small cracks in the ceiling, but it's still sturdy.

Shadowcaller
2013-02-15, 03:19 PM
No longer empty Forest

Mawile nods and heads back toward the tent.

Some part of her wonders, if they were in the town at the time, what would have happened to them...

No longer empty Forest

Beatrix will get the tent packed and ready to go, still looking rather bitter about losing her camera. "I'm going to go back here one day once I'm stronger and show those ghosts whose the boss." She promises as she looks back at the town one final time before leaving. Now she was determined to find a inhabited area before she starved to death or something.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-15, 03:50 PM
Ruin

Copi memorizes the carvings. There might be something useful for later.

She will then move to the sarcophagus. Examine it, ponder why it's glowing, get an idea of how heavy it is... listen to it.

She's not opening it yet.

Okay, if nothing notable comes up, she will open it. Slowly, carefully, standing back and using her psionic limbs instead of risking her body.

inexorabletruth
2013-02-15, 04:00 PM
Approaching August is a man (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14336893&postcount=793) walking alongside the stream towards where he is.

The horse snorts and whinnies at the Shadar-Kai's approach, startling August awake. He bounds to a stand at the warning, and sees the armored warrior approach his horse. August recognizes the creature as Shadar-Kai, powerful enforcers of death and torment, assassins and mercenaries often hired by his father to dispatch his most powerful enemies.

Had one been sent by the king to dispatch him, then?

August looks longingly now at his freshly polished armor and shield sitting uselessly on the grass next to the apple tree, then to his massive two handed heavy flail, and knows that unarmed and unarmored, his best chance right now is luck, a little diplomacy, and perhaps a bribe. He takes a deep breath, touches his silver holy symbol of Hextor and holds his arms out slowly, to prove he doesn't intend to attack.

"Johann gets nervous around strangers, warrior. I wouldn't get too close to him. His kicks are like being hit with a battering ram," August calls out, not nervous about the distance between him and his trusty horse. Johann, hearing his name, snorts again and canters in a wide circle around the Shadar-Kai, the shiny black coat of the Friesian reflecting the light of the sun like the surface of polished obsidian.

Jacklu
2013-02-15, 06:19 PM
Dir'ba Cave

Thunderstone? Distractions? None of this is really clicking with Ruisphah, who is growing more and more agitated by the second.

Please, no hurt Sapphire. Loud noises, how you say, damage, yes?

She moves towards the bend in the cave.

Hurry? Yes, hurry. I can fly. I fly up, make distractions for you ladder?

Kenyon
2013-02-15, 06:41 PM
[Dir'Ba Cave]

Kenyon lets out an exasperated groan.

"It's like talkin' to a toddler..."

Kenyon quietly steps in front of Ruisphah again, hand outstretched.

"Hold it."

"Little man..." Kenyon points at Gerbo, imitating Ruisphah's speech patterns. Wether he's doing it for clarity's sake, or he's just frustrated is anyone's guess.

"Big boom, distraction. No hurt sapphire." All this complete with hand gestures to stress the key points.

"We climb, get sapphire. THEN, you fly. Good plan?"

Kenyon puts on his best smile, hoping his client will stop trying to run ahead and get herself killed.

inexorabletruth
2013-02-15, 07:25 PM
[Dir'ba Cave]

Gerbo raises an eyebrow as if thoroughly confused. "Ooookay." Gerbo says as he puts the thunderstone away. "So what, then? Just charge it? Best I can figure, we can only get up that ladder one person at a time. Whatever is up there, there's at least two of them. We'll be walking right into a trap."

Time for Never
2013-02-15, 07:28 PM
The horse snorts and whinnies at the Shadar-Kai's approach, startling August awake. He bounds to a stand at the warning, and sees the armored warrior approach his horse. August recognizes the creature as Shadar-Kai, powerful enforcers of death and torment, assassins and mercenaries often hired by his father to dispatch his most powerful enemies.

Had one been sent by the king to dispatch him, then?

August looks longingly now at his freshly polished armor and shield sitting uselessly on the grass next to the apple tree, then to his massive two handed heavy flail, and knows that unarmed and unarmored, his best chance right now is luck, a little diplomacy, and perhaps a bribe. He takes a deep breath, touches his silver holy symbol of Hextor and holds his arms out slowly, to prove he doesn't intend to attack.

"Johann gets nervous around strangers, warrior. I wouldn't get too close to him. His kicks are like being hit with a battering ram," August calls out, not nervous about the distance between him and his trusty horse. Johann, hearing his name, snorts again and canters in a wide circle around the Shadar-Kai, the shiny black coat of the Friesian reflecting the light of the sun like the surface of polished obsidian.

August's warning goes unheeded as evident by the Shadar Kai's unwavering pace forward. He had fought much more dangerous foes than horses before and thus didn't worry about Johann. Despite his unsettling stride towards August, the man doesn't appear to have an air of hostility about him.

"You had better restrain your pony then. If it attacks me I will have no qualms with killing it." His voice doesn't necessarily have a tone of aggression, it's just matter-of-fact. He stops a few yards away from August's position and scoops up a handful of water and drinks it. Then the Shadar Kai simply sits down, unwraps some food, and proceeds to ignore the unarmed man.

Gullara
2013-02-15, 07:35 PM
[Ruin]

The sarcophagus is quite large and undoubtedly heavy. The glow seems to originate from the head of the sarcophagus. The most noteworthy thing is that right above where the head would lie inside, there is carved stone there. It's made of a simple, sand coloured stone. The carving is so lifelike, it's hard to believe who could have made it. It depicts the face of a beautiful woman. Her lips are full and her eyes are slightly slanted. It's very likely that this is who was buried here. Interestingly, it doesn't appear to be attached to the sarcophagus.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-15, 07:46 PM
Ruin

That is interesting.

Copi's psionic limbs will reach, and try to pick up the mask carefully. Copi is ready to bolt for the exit if something goes wrong like horrible traps or a mummy or whatnot.

Gullara
2013-02-15, 07:53 PM
[Ruin]

The mask offers no resistance to being held. The craftsmanship can only become more evident upon closer inspection. There's no way such a thing can be normal. Otherwise, however, there is little to be gained from looking at it. Especially not in this light.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-15, 08:04 PM
Ruin

Copi will probe the mask with her telekinesis, trying to find any markings on it. Without anything more, she will examine the place where the mask was.

inexorabletruth
2013-02-15, 08:40 PM
He stops a few yards away from August's position and scoops up a handful of water and drinks it. Then the Shadar Kai simply sits down, unwraps some food, and proceeds to ignore the unarmed man.

August doesn't doubt the claim one bit and calls his horse to him, plucking two apples from the tree. Johann comes and snatches one of the apples from August's hand. August sits next to his armor and check the distance to his flail.

"I know your kind. And I know that if you'd wished to kill me, I'd be dead by now. What is your name, Shadar-Kai, and what brings you to this... wherever we are?"

Time for Never
2013-02-15, 08:54 PM
August doesn't doubt the claim one bit and calls his horse to him, plucking two apples from the tree. Johann comes and snatches one of the apples from August's hand. August sits next to his armor and check the distance to his flail.

"I know your kind. And I know that if you'd wished to kill me, I'd be dead by now. What is your name, Shadar-Kai, and what brings you to this... wherever we are?"

"Names, names, names. Everybody always wants to know names."

The Shadar Kai looks down at his "meal" (if one could call it that) and taking a single bite, throws it in the river with disgust. Yeah, without preservatives, meat can go bad pretty quick. He drinks another scoop of water from the stream to rinse out the rotten taste.

"Now asking why I'm here is a fair question. To put it simply, I'm wandering at the moment, looking for work. Contracts can slow down back at base and I need something to keep me occupied."

The annoyed man gets up and walks towards the tree. He picks one of the apples as well and starts eating it.

"I'd rather know why you're sleeping out in the middle of nowhere," he commands, staring at August.

Sonzai
2013-02-15, 10:57 PM
Dir'ba Cave

"I think using the thunderstone might still be better," Kevin says, "I mean, it only generates a deafness effect, it doesn't actually do any sonic damage, right?"

"The only thing I have like that is an airhorn, but that would probably just make them mad."

Halae
2013-02-15, 11:21 PM
[Cadaver Fields]

Michicora glances at the creatures. Naive. "No, it's far too dangerous for you. It killed all these creatures easily. Do you think you can stand a chance against that?"[Cadaver fields]

The gloamings look at each other briefly, but the speaker is having none of it, "Then we'll watch, and help if we can. If it's that dangerous, you shouldn't go alone."

"Yeah!" another says

[An Open Field]

It's far from any sign of civilization, no cities or towns for miles around. The sky is overcast and gray, as snow falls gently down from the sky covering barely an inch of the ground by this point, though this is likely to not last long.

Near the center of this field is a suit of armor, kneeling down as if resting after a long fight. Across its back is a long blue cloak with a star patten embroidered into it. Perhaps heraldry?

The armor rises after a moment; no breath escapes its visor, though it doesn't move with the mechanical motions of an automaton. Something's happening here, a gathering of energy. Something...

It draws a sword and shield, leaving a second much larger blade on its back. despite sword it wields clearly having a grip for one hand, it's much larger than would normally be feasible for a human, as is the same with the zweihander on its back.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-15, 11:36 PM
An Open Field

No normal person could detect such energy. And I doubt even the person in this armor expects what happens next.

There is a rip in space time, and out tumbles a form in sleek power armor. The face plate is blank, but the rest of the armor is covered completely with an odd lime green etching. She doesn't tumble too gracefully, instead fulling a full front flip mid-air followed by a faceplant. She gets up quickly, looking around. She sees the armor, and takes a step back.

And then reality again ripples where she came out, and so appears a hulking behemoth of dead flesh and sleek metal. This thing can't seem to decide whether it's a zombie robot or a robot zombie: it's flesh is full of wires and sleek steel, while the larger mechanical parts look tarnished and leak black mist. It is easily twenty feet tall, a hulking ape-like form.

The thing opens it's shark-toothed mouth and lets off some sort of horrid sound, and two miniguns glowing with necrotic energy move to the tops of it's shoulders and spin up.

The person in power armor turns to look at it, and her mood obviously worsens.

"There goes plan K..."

Halae
2013-02-15, 11:46 PM
[An Open Field]

The lady in power armor will find a suit of armor interposing itself between her and the mechanized undead, shield raised. It motions with its sword towards her, instructing her to stay down noverbally

Lost_Deep
2013-02-15, 11:52 PM
An Open Field

"Yeah, I appreciate it," She says while sh takes up a ready stance behind the armor. However, she doesn't have time to say much more before the thing charges forward, trying to smash the armor to one side so it can get at the woman. At the same time, the necrotic miniguns will begin spraying death everywhere. Literally, in fact.

Halae
2013-02-16, 12:02 AM
[An Open Field]

The armor doesn't respond to the woman's words, instead choosing to deflect the blow of the monstrosity with its shield, inhuman strength lending to the fact that it stays unmoving in the snow despite the power leveled at it.

And then gatling guns are firing everywhere, what fun. if the guns come anywhere close to firing in the direction of the woman, a well placed swipe from the armor's sword will redirect the guns to firing elsewhere, likely into the sky or off to the side.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-16, 12:08 AM
An Open Field

The creature tries to grab the armor, immobilize its arms. As it is doing that, however, there is a rip noise behind the armor and the person in power armor appears behind the creature, a sword in her hands. It's straight, ending in a sharp angle and a point. She swings forward, aiming for some wires in the thing's lower left leg.

Halae
2013-02-16, 12:13 AM
[An Open Field]

While the abomination manages to catch the armor's sword arm, its shield arm stays free to brutally bash it in the face. Given that it's now likely unbalanced, the armor will also deliver a swift kick to its right side, forcing it to put its weight onto its left, and currently injured, leg.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-16, 12:20 AM
An Open Field

The creature finds itself on it's back, the person in power armor having dodge rolled out of the way.

"Nice. Now, is it the head or should I be aiming for the red blinky lights?"

Her plotting is disrupted by a rumbling sound from the creature and it suddenly lifting off the ground from a large number of rocket thrusters in its back.

As soon as it gets into the air, it will begin to fire more, one gun aiming at the suit of armor and the other at the woman, who protects herself with some sort of energy field.

Halae
2013-02-16, 12:26 AM
[An Open Field]

The armor simply kneels down, raising its shield. interestingly, rather than what they would normally do, the necrotic shots should simply... faze into the shield, as if absorbed

Lost_Deep
2013-02-16, 12:31 AM
An Open Field

Optimizing on this sudden bout of battlefield superiority as well as its programming can, the creature flies above the armor and then tries to fall onto it, with the intent of crushing it.

The other gun is still trained on the woman, though, so she can't do anything yet...

Halae
2013-02-16, 12:36 AM
[An Open Field]

Moving inhumanly fast for the armor it's made up of, the swordsman merely... sidesteps.

and uses the momentum of the undead's own fall to bring its blade upwards, intending to cut the creature from crotch to neck.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-16, 12:42 AM
An Open Field

Unfortunately, it is not cut quite so totally: it has a solid steel plate for a rib cage, and the damage of superfluous flesh does not phase it. It's mouth opens, revealing a bright red laser emitter, that will emit a death laser after a moment of charging.

However, on its shoulders appears the woman, who drives twin swords (despite the fact that she only had one sword a moment ago) into the rotating shoulder guns, stopping them. That's two weapons less to worry about.

Halae
2013-02-16, 12:47 AM
[An Open Field]

The shield will come up once more, the same absorbing quality seen before taking place once more as the beam is fired into the shield.

The armor then spins its broadsword in hand to bring it down in a stabbing motion through the undead's collar bone and down into its chest cavity... where all the power from the beam the shield blocked will fire along the sword's blade.

Gullara
2013-02-16, 12:49 AM
[Ruin]

Other than the carved surface, there is nothing of note marking the mask. Likewise, the impression where the mask sat is unmarked.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-16, 12:51 AM
An Open Field

The beam of energy must hit something important, because the thing explodes quite fantastically. The woman is thrown a long way, landing quite a ways away. The thing itself is left as a blackened metal skeleton, and does not move any more.

Halae
2013-02-16, 12:57 AM
[An Open Field]

Though the armor never loses its grip on its sword, it's also flung a considerably distance. despite this, it seems none the worse for wear - as it's about to hit the ground, its shield hand snakes out, allowing it to perform a maneuver that would be normally very difficult with impressive ease, landing on its feet as it brings its sword and shield back up into a battle-ready pose.

... but it lowers the sword and shield after a moment, sheathing the sword and placing the shield on its back, before moving over to the woman. if she's still on the ground when the armor comes over to her, it'll offer a hand to help her up. whether it helps her or not, once she's standing it'll attempt to take her hand and bring it to where its mouth would be, an obvious gesture of greeting a lady by kissing her hand, if it had lips to do so with.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-16, 01:03 AM
An Open Field

The woman is conscious, and will be helped up.

"Well, aren't you the gentleman. Thanks for the help, those things are usually royal pains to kill-"

With a hiss and a horrid screeching sound, the thing begins to move again, turning to face the pair. The metal skeleton begins to bellow black clouds of necrotic energy, killing the grass around it instantly and blighting the land on which it stands. It's eyes are like twin lanterns of dread and doom, peering at the pair.

"-because they have more redundant systems than you can shake a stick at."

Halae
2013-02-16, 01:07 AM
[An Open Field]

The armor looks at the skeleton, then raises a single finger to the woman, asking for a moment. It'll then go over to the skeleton and, in a single flowing movement, draw its zweihander, spin, and attempt to cleave the undead being in half

Lost_Deep
2013-02-16, 01:15 AM
An Open Field

The skeleton charges, straight into the sword swing. It's cut in half at the waist; the upper half catches some air and lands nearby, and begins to get up yet again.

However, the person with power armor seems to summon out of thin air a six-barreled rocket launcher, and all six rockets almost immediately fire and blow the thing to kingdom come.

It doesn't move again.

"Okay, now then, where were we?"

Halae
2013-02-16, 01:18 AM
[An Open Field]

The armor looks at the skeleton for a while longer, to make sure its good and dead, before moving back to the woman. It makes a deep bow, a show of respect.

But it doesn't speak.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-16, 01:22 AM
An Open Field

"Either mute or you don't like talking. Either way, you can call me Hae and it's a pleasure to meet you. Wait, before I forget-"

Hae looks distracted a moment.

"Form stability at 36%-not bad; instance stability at 75%-pretty good; meta stability at 98%-woah! This must be a very forgiving reality to let me anywhere above 80%, much less 90%!"

Halae
2013-02-16, 01:27 AM
[An Open Field]

The armor scratches at its bevor before motioning towards Hae, urging her to continue. Hopefully with an explanation for what exactly that means.

inexorabletruth
2013-02-16, 05:32 AM
"I'd rather know why you're sleeping out in the middle of nowhere," he commands, staring at August.

August sighs... embarrassed and frustrated. "To be honest, I'm lost. I've been wandering this place since I stumbled upon it during my travels. I hadn't intended to fall asleep, but it's been a few days since I'd had rest or food." He sits down to begin strapping on his armor, then opens his mouth as if to say something. Deciding against it, he just returns to his effort. "You mention a base. I'm surprised to hear there is any civilized structure in this realm. If you take me to this place, I might have some work to offer. One befitting the talents of your kind."

August is a man of integrity, but that doesn't mean he's a bad liar. Most aristocrats know a thing or two about spin. He's not telling the whole truth and is leaving out many details that make his story sound different than the truth. I thought I'd share that with you in case you think Vordenar is capable of picking up on the subtle hints.

[Dir'ba Cave]

Gerbo puts a finger to his lips and thinks for a moment. He can sense Ruisphah's urgency, and his own growing curiosity is making him antsy as well. It's easy to see that strategy isn't his strong suit.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-16, 11:04 AM
An Open Field

"Oh, um, basically, if my stability ever hits 0% it's bad for me and everything in the general area, and I've never been above 85% Meta stability before... ah, it's dropping a bit. Probably was increased due to the recent realital travel in this area, but it's still really high!" Her head moves slightly, as if she's looking around a bit. "Let me see... lots of conflicting coordinate data-oh right talking to a person. Sorry about that, bad habit. I don't suppose you know which way to civilization?"

Halae
2013-02-16, 11:08 AM
[An Open Field]

The armor points in a north eastern direction, before waving for Hae to follow. The nearest civilization that it knows of is Inside, after all.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-16, 11:14 AM
An Open Field

"Thanks, I appreciate it."

Hae will follow the armor to Inside.

Ruin
((sorry, missed this a while back))

Hmm... with this, it is tempting to just leave with it and take it to some museum people, but the sarcophagus might still be full of doom. Copi will place the mask in a pocket, and then slowly open the sarcophagus.

Time for Never
2013-02-16, 01:01 PM
August sighs... embarrassed and frustrated. "To be honest, I'm lost. I've been wandering this place since I stumbled upon it during my travels. I hadn't intended to fall asleep, but it's been a few days since I'd had rest or food." He sits down to begin strapping on his armor, then opens his mouth as if to say something. Deciding against it, he just returns to his effort. "You mention a base. I'm surprised to hear there is any civilized structure in this realm. If you take me to this place, I might have some work to offer. One befitting the talents of your kind."

August is a man of integrity, but that doesn't mean he's a bad liar. Most aristocrats know a thing or two about spin. He's not telling the whole truth and is leaving out many details that make his story sound different than the truth. I thought I'd share that with you in case you think Vordenar is capable of picking up on the subtle hints.

[Dir'ba Cave]

Gerbo puts a finger to his lips and thinks for a moment. He can sense Ruisphah's urgency, and his own growing curiosity is making him antsy as well. It's easy to see that strategy isn't his strong suit.

[By a Stream]

The Shadar Kai's head perks up a bit at the mention of work. He studies August for a minute and takes another bite out of the apple.

"What sort of work are we talking about?"

Shadowcaller
2013-02-16, 02:38 PM
[Cadaver fields]

The gloamings look at each other briefly, but the speaker is having none of it, "Then we'll watch, and help if we can. If it's that dangerous, you shouldn't go alone."

"Yeah!" another says.

[Cadaver fields]

The hunter sigh. "If you can keep up with me." She didn't know much about her enemy, so why not? Maybe they could be of some use?

She will then start running in a pretty slow pace, not to make sure the gloamings can follow, but as it's the pace she usually travel at. She intended to track down that beast wherever it was running.

Lex-Kat
2013-02-16, 05:18 PM

"It is a bit of both. The world I come from pretty much everyone has a little bit of magic. Then there is the fact that the world itself is alive and more then a bit magical. It mostly involves getting into the right state of mind to ask the ocean to fix my boat." He realizes it sounds a bit weird but to him talking to the ocean is perfectly normal, as is getting a response. "I've been told I am talented at it."

Sounds fascinating. Jezebelle leans forward, placing her head in her hands, and elbows on the table. Does your world have a name?

5a Violista
2013-02-16, 07:02 PM
[Dragon Hunting]

John pulls a bullet out of his belt and loads it into the rifle taking careful aim before firing it. There isn't much chance that his target would dodge since he was aiming for the ground in the middle of the group. The magic in the bullet should then cause several large glowing energy tentacles to come up out of the ground and start to grab and hold the men in place. It has about a 5 meter radius so if the men were group tightly it should be able to grab them all.

[Dragon Hunting]

The bullet hits! The ground doesn't dodge.

The tentacles burst from the ground and start to ensnare the seven men. The one with the bow was the furthest from the center, but with a blast radius so large, there's no way he couldn't not be ensnared by it.

The bandits struggle to get free, even using their weapons to try to cut the energy tentacles.

Mysteriously, though, they don't make a sound. The captured bandits are completely silent as they try to get free.

Meanwhile, Miss Zorzo finally walks out of the tent. There's enough bushes and rocks in the way that she's completely oblivious of the glowing tentacles. She has a smile on her face, as if someone just told a hilarious joke. Leaving the tent with her are two other bandits, a couple (the woman is pregnant), who take her to the Weapons Tent. All three go into that tent, presumably to get the Baby Dragon stuff.

Kenyon
2013-02-16, 09:24 PM
[Dir'ba Cave]

Gerbo raises an eyebrow as if thoroughly confused. "Ooookay." Gerbo says as he puts the thunderstone away. "So what, then? Just charge it? Best I can figure, we can only get up that ladder one person at a time. Whatever is up there, there's at least two of them. We'll be walking right into a trap."

Dir'ba Cave

"I think using the thunderstone might still be better," Kevin says, "I mean, it only generates a deafness effect, it doesn't actually do any sonic damage, right?"

"The only thing I have like that is an airhorn, but that would probably just make them mad."
[Dir'Ba Cave]

Kenyon leans past Ruisphah, and looks at the others.

"Look, you wanna plan, here's what I say: Gerbo, you're gonna toss the stone. Right as it goes off, I want Kevin over here haulin' ass up the ladder. I gotta grapple attachment for my gun, here, so I can time myself to hit the ledge right as he does, that way it's at least 2 vs. whoever up there." And you people thought he wasn't paying attention when everyone was introduced. Shame.

Kenyon thinks a moment. "Actually, Gerbo, how heavy're you?"

McBish
2013-02-16, 10:06 PM

Sounds fascinating. Jezebelle leans forward, placing her head in her hands, and elbows on the table. Does your world have a name?

Derek nods a slightly sad look flashes across his eyes. "Avani. A beautiful world." It is obvious that he misses his world, he almost sounds like he is talking about an ex-girlfriend. The truth is closer to a cleric whose god stopped talking to them.

Gullara
2013-02-16, 10:36 PM
Ruin
((sorry, missed this a while back))

Hmm... with this, it is tempting to just leave with it and take it to some museum people, but the sarcophagus might still be full of doom. Copi will place the mask in a pocket, and then slowly open the sarcophagus.

Ruin

When the lid is fully lifted, Copi will get a brief look at a slender mummy within. However, before she can do anything else, the red light abruptly disappears. As alarming as that might be, her other senses detect no change but for a slight chill in the dank air.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-16, 10:42 PM
Ruin

Well...

When people ask who unleashed doom upon the world, Copi will have to make a point to be too busy saving the world to answer.

Copi will put the lid back on the sarcophagus, and then head back up. She knows the location of this, so she can probably find some professor or something and give him information on where it is and what's in it. Even if it isn't there afterwards she has the writing all recorded in her head, just waiting for a translation.

inexorabletruth
2013-02-17, 03:08 AM
[Dir'ba Cave]

If Gerbo's face was twisted in confusion before, it looks nearly like it has twisted upside down after hearing Kenyon's question. "I dunno. Like 40 lbs or so, if I'm not carrying my pack, 60 or so with. Why?"

Kenyon
2013-02-17, 03:37 AM
[Dir'Ba Cave]

Kenyon's face breaks into a rather evil-looking grin. Oh, god, he's not going to sug-

"My grapple's strong enough for th'both of us. You're gonna jump on my shoulders and ride me into battle."

Ohjesuschristno.

He looks over at Allen and Sammy. "You two should stay down here, 'n case anything tries t'make a break for it, and also t'make sure our client here keeps herself safe.

Any objections?"

inexorabletruth
2013-02-17, 07:01 AM
[By a Stream]
"There are some pests I need disposed of. One in particular has managed to find me here. She is a murderer and traitor who killed my father and is now after me. The low-bred scum wouldn't even wait for me to finish slaying a revenant and his minion wights that were laying waste to a local tavern. She simply barged in and started to attack me, with no concern for the lives or well-being of the innocent civilians trapped within the chaos. I barely escaped with my life and have been wandering... lost in this place ever since." He tightens the last strap on his armor and inspects his handiwork. Standing there, in his finely crafted and decoratively etched armor, he looks every bit the part of a noble, except for his unshaven face. Still, proud and confident in his suit, he holds his chin a little higher and sneers a little deeper. He's in his element now.

"But first, I should like to see civilized land again. I'm tired of running. After you slay these fustilarians, I shall want to employ some common labor to build my manor. Be my guide away from this wilderness, then I will tell you more about your quarry." Knowing the game well enough, he tosses a small bag of mixed coins at the Shadar-Kai. "This is only a deposit, of course. You'll be compensated further when I have been brought to some place safe. You'll find I'm a man of means."

[Dir'ba Cave]
Gerbo's grin almost takes up his whole face. Now this sounds like fun! Eagerly, he hops on Kenyon's back before Kenyon can change his mind. and pulls out a small flask, held tightly in his clenched fist. Gerbo looks almost like a backpack himself the way he has his arms and legs wrapped and his head buried, but even with his face covered by Kenyon's back, you can still see that enormous mischievous grin.

Any character familiar with alchemy:
might recognize the contents of the flask as alchemical fire.

Gullara
2013-02-17, 08:38 AM
[Ruin]

Nothing changes as Copi leaves the small tomb, but it won't be long before she realizes something is wrong. Even when she's close enough to the exit to the tunnel, there is still no light. It's hard to say why from here.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-17, 11:24 AM
Ruin

Hmm... that's foreboding. Copi is feeling with the telekinesis, and will note any changes to her surroundings as she begins to surface. She's also trying to sense any minds that might be waiting for her up there.

Jacklu
2013-02-17, 12:59 PM
Dir'ba Cave

A plan comes together! Kinda. Ruisphah still looks very stressed about the whole thing, but has nothing to offer so she stays back and quiet.

From atop the rise, the goblin's voice rises in volume as it starts yelling at whoever is up there with it. The words "useless" and "eaten" can be made out, but the rest is too garbled to make out. It might be a good time to go, as the goblin sounds distracted by its conversation.

Sonzai
2013-02-17, 01:08 PM
Dir'ba Cave

"Okay, sounds like a plan - now's probably a good time to go, too," Kevin says, putting in some disposable earplugs.

After asking if anyone else wants any earplugs too, he'll wait for Gerbo to toss the stone, then run over, jump and climb up the ladder quickly.

inexorabletruth
2013-02-17, 02:42 PM
[Dir'ba Cave]
Gerbo whispers, "One... two... three!" The arcs the thunderstone onto the plateau.

ka-BOOOM!!

The thunderstone lives up to its name as the cacophonous blast echoes off the cavern walls. Still grinning ear to ear while he rides Kenyon into battle, Gerbo "Two-Fist" lives up to his name as well, flinging the flask of Alchemists Fire at the first monster he sees, shouting "Vel karsh!" at the top of his lungs.

For those who speak Gnome:
"Ruin them!" from Races of Stone, pg. 48

Lex-Kat
2013-02-17, 05:32 PM

Derek nods a slightly sad look flashes across his eyes. "Avani. A beautiful world." It is obvious that he misses his world, he almost sounds like he is talking about an ex-girlfriend. The truth is closer to a cleric whose god stopped talking to them.

Jezebelle gets up and tries to give Derek a hug. I would help you return, if I knew how.

Gullara
2013-02-17, 09:24 PM
Ruin

Hmm... that's foreboding. Copi is feeling with the telekinesis, and will note any changes to her surroundings as she begins to surface. She's also trying to sense any minds that might be waiting for her up there.

[Ruin]

There doesn't appear to be any minds in the ar- "The mask." A feminine voice that echos through the centuries says in a commanding tone; one that's used to having it's orders followed without question. Oddly, there is still nothing to detect with Copi's senses.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-17, 09:26 PM
Ruin

Copi stops "It's a very nice mask. Ah, is it yours? I took this place to be abandoned."

Despite the implied command, Copi does not immediately offer the mask to the darkness.

Gullara
2013-02-17, 10:14 PM
[Ruin]

A red light flares, though oddly it doesn't cast any light on the surrounding tunnel walls. Copi will still know it's blocking her way out. "Tombs are seldom occupied." Among the light, a pair of eyes form. Two beautiful, slanted eyes that are very familiar. They match the colour of the eery light they produce.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-17, 10:17 PM
Ruin

Copi nods in response to this. "And yet in another way, they are made to be occupied. And interesting change that springs forth from a simple shift in perspective."

Gullara
2013-02-17, 10:42 PM
[Ruin]

"Yes, and in either perspective, robbing the tomb in question is never looked favourably upon." The eyes narrow. It seems she's not unimpressed by Copi's musings. At least under the circumstances.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-17, 10:46 PM
Ruin

"I'm afraid the damage I've done isn't comparable to those that came before," Copi says while she offers the mask to the person. "I was going to tell some proper researchers who would study this place for culture, instead of stripping the gold that was so carefully placed on the walls."

Kenyon
2013-02-17, 11:15 PM
[Dir'ba Cave]
Gerbo whispers, "One... two... three!" The arcs the thunderstone onto the plateau.

ka-BOOOM!!

The thunderstone lives up to its name as the cacophonous blast echoes off the cavern walls. Still grinning ear to ear while he rides Kenyon into battle, Gerbo "Two-Fist" lives up to his name as well, flinging the flask of Alchemists Fire at the first monster he sees, shouting "Vel karsh!" at the top of his lungs.

[Dir'Ba Cave]

As everyone prepares, Kenyon pulls out a small device from his satchel, that appears to be a small hook, attached to a heavy cable to a small metal winch. He quickly loads the hook into the barrel of his rifle, and with a series of quick hand movements (impressive, considering the gnome on his shoulders,) ratchets the winch near the base of the barrel.

He readies the rifle, and as the thunderstone goes off, he opens fire, launching the hook into an outcropping of dirt right beneath the ledge. Barring any structural conflicts with the dirt, the hook should penetrate through to the top of the ledge with minimal trouble, while the retracting motion of the winch line should dig the hook firmly into place.

"LET'S GOOOOOO!" With a hoot and a holler, Kenyon's rifle-winch sends the rifleman and his gnomish cargo barreling toward the top of the ledge. Fast reactions are likely needed to ensure no one slams into the side, there.

Gullara
2013-02-18, 02:05 AM
[Ruin]

The mask floats out of Copi's hand and hovers among the light, just below the disembodied eyes. Its carved surface is all that catches the light. "The fools that dared defile my resting place will soon be killed I am sure. The Gravesguard always find their pr..." The voice trails off and the eyes dim for a moment. "I'm... dead."

inexorabletruth
2013-02-18, 03:34 AM
[Dir'ba Cave]

"HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!" Gerbo laughs, his oversized eyes going even wider as they zip through the air. As he comes close to the end of the trip, Gerbo scrambles up Kenyons back and leaps into the air, drawing his Gnome Hook Hammer as he plummets toward the plateau! "Waaaaahooooo!"

How Gerbo feels right now:
http://www.whileimstillhere.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/The-NeverEnding-Story-the-neverending-story-690060_720_5451.jpg

Lost_Deep
2013-02-18, 09:20 AM
Ruin

"I believe your body is back there, if you want to see it. Beyond that, given how old this place is it's quite possible the Gravesguard does not exist anymore. There is an additional reason why they robbers might not get caught, but let's deal with the detail of history first."

Someone does not need to find out that they are dead and that they are in the nexus in the same minute.

Gullara
2013-02-18, 11:31 AM
[Ruin]

The darkness starts to pull inward toward the red light, condensing it's a indistinct gathering of shadow with a small body and two long limbs. The mask hovers before it all, the red eyes somehow visible in place of the mask's carved eyes.

"I was supposed to pass on into the next life. Why am I here? Why am I like this?!" Her voice booms int he enclosed space.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-18, 12:25 PM
Ruin

"Unfortunately, without knowledge of your world's afterlife and the funerary customs of your culture I cannot answer these questions. If there was something important to your passing in the room above, it may have been taken, sealing you here. Barring that, I would need precise information."

Copi is always willing to help, and is similarly willing to learn, and these two desires often overlap nicely.

Gullara
2013-02-18, 02:21 PM
[Ruin]

The mask looks at Copi unblinkingly for another moment before it turns away and moves the rest of the way out of the tunnel. She pauses only momentarily at the looted upper building before moving outside.

If Copi should follow her, she'll see the mask floating there, the shadowy body having retreated entirely inside of it in the harsh sunlight. It's impossible to tell what she's thinking.

Time for Never
2013-02-18, 03:02 PM
[By a Stream]
"There are some pests I need disposed of. One in particular has managed to find me here. She is a murderer and traitor who killed my father and is now after me. The low-bred scum wouldn't even wait for me to finish slaying a revenant and his minion wights that were laying waste to a local tavern. She simply barged in and started to attack me, with no concern for the lives or well-being of the innocent civilians trapped within the chaos. I barely escaped with my life and have been wandering... lost in this place ever since." He tightens the last strap on his armor and inspects his handiwork. Standing there, in his finely crafted and decoratively etched armor, he looks every bit the part of a noble, except for his unshaven face. Still, proud and confident in his suit, he holds his chin a little higher and sneers a little deeper. He's in his element now.

"But first, I should like to see civilized land again. I'm tired of running. After you slay these fustilarians, I shall want to employ some common labor to build my manor. Be my guide away from this wilderness, then I will tell you more about your quarry." Knowing the game well enough, he tosses a small bag of mixed coins at the Shadar-Kai. "This is only a deposit, of course. You'll be compensated further when I have been brought to some place safe. You'll find I'm a man of means."

The bounty hunter catches the sack of coins and opens it up to inspect it. Once satisfied, he nods his head and puts away the money. He looks back up at August.

"And you'll find that I'm a man of talent. I'll make these problems disappear for you."

Finishing his apple, the man throws the red fruit into the stream.

"The name's Vordenar and I accept your contract. First though, let's get you out of here. I was heading back to my organization's headquarters before I stopped here. Do you wish me to take you there or drop you off in a town somewhere along the way?"

Lost_Deep
2013-02-18, 03:20 PM
Ruin

Copi will follow the mask to the surface. When she gets there, she will wait for a bit to let the woman think.

Let the woman ponder for a bit before dropping the Nexus situation on her. It'll have to happen sooner or later, but it can wait a few minutes.

inexorabletruth
2013-02-18, 06:02 PM
"Do you wish me to take you there or drop you off in a town somewhere along the way?"

"Somewhere I can find laborers. The kind with strong backs." He replies cryptically. "I have work to do." August heads to his horse, thinking to ride it, but realizing the Johann still looks like he needs more rest, decides to guide his steed instead. "Tell me more of this land, Vordenar. It seems I'm going to be staying here for a while."

August walks along side Vordenar, listening if Vordenar choses to speak. If Vordenar isn't the chatty type, August is content to focus on his own plans, reverting inward to ambitious dreams of a new future here in the Nexus...

Lead the way amigo. Much like August, I don't know much about the Nexus, so I don't really know where you're heading.

Gullara
2013-02-18, 06:52 PM
[Ruin]

Eventually the mask turns toward Copi. "Where are we?" She demands. Her eyes narrow in suspicion. Nothing is right here.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-18, 07:10 PM
Ruin

"Barring the unknown amount of time that you have been dead, it is more than likely that your resting place was spontaneously transported to this world, known as the Nexus. I was going to give you a moment to work some on your life and death conundrum, but since you ask I am quite willing to share the explanation with you. Would you like to hear it now, or after you ponder some more?"

Gullara
2013-02-18, 08:38 PM
[Ruin]

"Tell me." She says simply. Best get all the information she needs right off the bat.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-18, 08:47 PM
Ruin

"The Nexus is a world that randomly grabs people, places, and things from other universes. That's the bulk of the issue, which is easy enough to understand if you understand the notion of alternate realities. That itself is easy enough to understand if you understand alternate timelines, which itself is easy enough to explain if you grasp the basics of time travel-induced paradoxes, which has the comparatively simple base of time travel."

Oh. That's pretty straightforward.

"Just how far down the rabbit hole can we start, then?"

Time for Never
2013-02-18, 09:18 PM
"Somewhere I can find laborers. The kind with strong backs." He replies cryptically. "I have work to do." August heads to his horse, thinking to ride it, but realizing the Johann still looks like he needs more rest, decides to guide his steed instead. "Tell me more of this land, Vordenar. It seems I'm going to be staying here for a while."

August walks along side Vordenar, listening if Vordenar choses to speak. If Vordenar isn't the chatty type, August is content to focus on his own plans, reverting inward to ambitious dreams of a new future here in the Nexus...

Lead the way amigo. Much like August, I don't know much about the Nexus, so I don't really know where you're heading.

"Laborers, huh? I suppose there's a few places we could search. Inside or one of the many taverns is bound to have a fair supply of working hands."

Vordenar continues to follow the stream north. Water sources generally flow by nearby settlements after all. He occasionally gives a glance around him, looking out for any potential threats. At the moment he moves at a calm walking pace, obviously not in any great hurry. The Shadar Kai appears to be a relaxed person in general as seen in the way he caries himself.

"I'm not exactly a sage on Nexusian lore, friend," he says with a sigh. For a few moments he walks in silence. Suddenly Vordenar speaks up.

"Though I suppose I can tell you what I know. As far as I understand, the Nexus is a sort of rift which has somehow become connected to every possible plane of existence. The Nexus is capable of dragging any world apart of the multiverse into it due to an unnaturally powerful influence. It's essentially the crossroads of reality. More often than not, once you're here, you're here. So yes, you probably want to make yourself comfortable. "

In regards to the laborers: Do you want PC's to work for you, or are you talking about NPC's? If the former, we may need to ask around for people willing to RP a character for the task. It'll determine where I take you. I was going to have Vordenar return to NO (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268206) for a little bit before starting the hunt for the girl. Also, have you been in contact with your friend about this plot-arc yet?

Gullara
2013-02-19, 12:37 AM
[Ruin]

The mask hangs silent for a moment before the voice sounds again. "Explain to me where I am." She asks simply. No time for nonsense.

inexorabletruth
2013-02-19, 01:20 AM
[On the Way to the City]
"Interesting..." August says as they stroll towards civilization as he contemplates his options.

Hmm. I'll need advisors... sages and politicians as councilors after my manor is constructed.

After a few moments of contemplation, he takes a deep breath and changes the subject.

"Your target is one who calls herself Delaney O'Conner. You'll know her by her red hair and twin scimitars. She is a servant of King Gustav, Lord of the Vasa, and will be wearing his colors... the green and crimson. I last saw her at a place called Trog's Tavern. I don't know if she's still there. All hell was breaking lose at the time." He sneers when he mentions the king.

Jacklu
2013-02-19, 01:43 AM
Dir'ba Cave

The assault begins! The thunderstone goes off and the party springs into action!

As the party members arrive at the top of the plateau in their various ways, they are greeted by the sight of a dingy looking camp. A run down tent, a campfire, and an assortment of racks and other equipment. On the near side of the fire is the goblin, clutching a gnarled staff in both hands. On the other side of the fire is a huge snake. Not just a snake, actually. A Lamia. Twelve feet long with deep blue scales. Instead of a snake head, however, the serpentine body transitions into the torso of a beautiful woman. She is shielding her eyes from the recent explosion and hisses loudly as the party arrives, recoiling a short distance back.

The goblin sweeps his staff at the flask, causing it to explode in a torrent of flames. The fire fails to reach the goblin, however, as a magic shield repels the liquid inferno.

The goblin snarls and jabs its staff in Kenyon and Gerbo's direction, sending out a blast of force magic in an attempt to knock them back over the edge.

Kill them pet! Squeeze the life from them!

The lamia hisses again, bearing sharp fangs, but doesn't charge into battle.

((this foe is not a mook, so I will be resolving combat actions taken against it. Good luck!))

inexorabletruth
2013-02-19, 12:17 PM
[Dir'ba Cave]
Gerbo comes hurling to the ground, using his momentum to add to the force of his swing. He raises his hammer high in the the air, then "oof!" Gerbo flies back as the force blast punches him squarely in the chest. He drops his hammer as he flails midair, hoping for something to grab onto.

He snags the edge of the plateau at the last second, scrambling to get back to the top. "Kenyon!" He cries out in spite or the newly acquired soreness in his chest. "Are you alright?" Gerbo coughs as he pulls himself up and rolls onto the flat ground atop the plateau. The force blast knocked the wind out of him, but he's otherwise ok. Assuming we're not counting the fact that he's now lying on the ground, unarmed, next to a spell slinging goblin and a lamia.

McBish
2013-02-19, 12:17 PM
[Dragon Hunting]

---------------------

Jezebelle gets up and tries to give Derek a hug. I would help you return, if I knew how.

The sad look leaves his face when she comes over and hugs him. "Thank you. It isn't all bad, I have seen a lot of beautiful and interesting places since leaving. I wouldn't give up most of the experiances I have had on this trip. I just wish I knew that I knew that I could get back home at some point."

Sonzai
2013-02-19, 01:44 PM
Dir'ba Cave

Kevin ascends the ladder and reaches the top of the plateau. Watching Kenyon and Gerbo get targeted by the force blast (but conveniently not himself), he runs over a ways until he is a safe distance from the edge.

He then whips out his crossbow, and rapid-fires six times at the goblin.

Time for Never
2013-02-19, 01:46 PM
[On the Way to the City]
"Interesting..." August says as they stroll towards civilization as he contemplates his options.

Hmm. I'll need advisors... sages and politicians as councilors after my manor is constructed.

After a few moments of contemplation, he takes a deep breath and changes the subject.

"Your target is one who calls herself Delaney O'Conner. You'll know her by her red hair and twin scimitars. She is a servant of King Gustav, Lord of the Vasa, and will be wearing his colors... the green and crimson. I last saw her at a place called Trog's Tavern. I don't know if she's still there. All hell was breaking lose at the time." He sneers when he mentions the king.

"Trog's? I've been there a couple of times myself, so tracking her will prove to be a simple task. Attacking people in taverns isn't a good idea in general however. I may have to engage her after she leaves. Either way, she'll regret following you here."

And with that, the pair will continue on towards their destination. Unless spoken to, Vordenar will remain silent for the rest of their journey. You could say that he's not really one for small talk. He does keep a constant vigil for rogue monsters wandering about though, at least.

The rest of their travels sees nice weather. A bright, shining sun hidden behind clouds to take the heat off with a slight breeze blowing though every so often would leave the average person feeling comfortable. Especially for the Shadar Kai. Being used to terribly harsh conditions, this weather is a nice change of pace.

It takes about two thirds of the day to reach Inside. It's a large and grand city that's quite the site to see. This looks like the crossing point between universes as noted by the differing types of architecture. Once they approach the gates Vordenar motions towards the city.

"Welcome to Inside (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268415&page=35)."

Lost_Deep
2013-02-19, 03:35 PM
Ruin

"We'll start at the top then!"

Make yourselves comfortable; she'll likely be going for a while.

"time travel is itself a basic notion; travel through time as opposed to space. The most classic example is going back in time to keep yourself from making a particular mistake that you have made. Now, suppose you go back in time and stop that mistake. The result is a world in which not only do you have no reason to travel through time, but you also have yourself from the future running around. But what about the world that you left to go back in time? That world is still around, and distinctly different from the one you made when you time-traveled. Similar worlds, but different. These are separate timelines."

"Now, suppose that the difference between two worlds is not one person's decision, but whether or not there is magic. In one world, there is a lot of magic... and in the other there is none whatsoever. This would result in two startlingly different worlds, and since the change in intrinsic in the worlds these are referred to alternate universes, or alternate realities depending on the specifics. Hypothetically, there is an infinite amount of alternate universes, and therefore anything that has ever been thought of, ever will be thought of, or has never been thought of, has happened."

"The Nexus, where you are now, is particularly notable because of it's tendency to "steal" things from other realities. People, organizations, weather patterns, stars, buildings, woodland creatures, the Nexus grabs what it can... and is harder to escape than it is to enter."

"Therefore, it is logical to assume that at some point in the past your final resting place was grabbed by the nexus and placed here, taking your soul with it. This is why you are in an unknown location an unknown amount of time from when you died, possibly traversing biomes or the urbanization of the surroundings depending on where you were originally buried."

Reinholdt
2013-02-19, 05:21 PM
"Yes, Margret. Like-"

Oh hey, stuff is happening! Yay, lava and chaos and doom! Let's just hope Margret is driving the right giant drill machine thingy, and that they won't have to emergency telewarp out when everything starts melting around them! That would be terribly bad.

Homework Under the Sea

What sort of giant drill can't handle heat and pressure?
That's not to say it doesn't get hot in the compartment. It gets quite hot. Between 43 and 49 degrees Celsius even. Not deadly (for short periods of time) but certainly not comfortable.

Of course, this is when they hit the lava vein and things start rumbling.
Margret decides it's a good time to start driving in reverse before they're pushed out from the impending gushing explosion of heat.

Gullara
2013-02-19, 06:10 PM
[Ruin]

"Strange." The mask comments. The loss of her real home doesn't concern her overly much. It's not as if she could function in her old society... "Are there any major settlements?"

Lost_Deep
2013-02-19, 07:48 PM
Ruin

"There's Riverside and Inside. I'm not sure which one is closer at the moment; I would have to look. They're the two notable ones; small towns appear and disappear on occasion."

Copi looks around a bit. Of course, it doesn't really mater which way they go, she knows. If you walk far enough, you're bound to get somewhere.

Kenyon
2013-02-19, 09:23 PM
[Dir'Ba Cave]

Gerbo's leap off Kenyon's back pushes the rifleman down mid-flight. To compensate for the sudden downward momuntum, he kicks his feet forward, planting them into the ledge wall, using the winch's pull to run up the ledge.

As the top of the ledge comes into reach, Kenyon grabs it with one hand, disengaging the winch with his other, letting it dangle off the side of the wall. He pulls himself up on the ledge, rifle immediately at the ready.

"No one move! We're here for the sapphire! Cough it up and no one haAAAGGH!" Kenyon's bold statement is cut off as the force blast knocks him off balance, tumbling back over the ledge. His fall is cut short as he manages to grab his discarded winch with his free hand, still secured by the hook driven through the dirt.

"Kenyon!" He cries out in spite or the newly acquired soreness in his chest. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, just peachy!" He shouts, dangling from the winch. "Keep safe, I'll be up in a second!"

With a quick manipulation, Kenyon allows the winch to extend a few feet of cable, before rewinding himself at a rapid speed, relaunching himself back into the air, above the ledge. He focuses his rifle on the goblin.

"You lost your chance t'walk away from this, ugly!" He opens fire, aiming for center mass of the goblin. However, being midair will make such a shot slightly difficult.

5a Violista
2013-02-19, 09:26 PM
[Dragon Hunting]

[Dragon Hunting]

The bullet hits! The ground doesn't dodge.

The tentacles burst from the ground and start to ensnare the seven men. The one with the bow was the furthest from the center, but with a blast radius so large, there's no way he couldn't not be ensnared by it.

The bandits struggle to get free, even using their weapons to try to cut the energy tentacles.

Mysteriously, though, they don't make a sound. The captured bandits are completely silent as they try to get free.

Meanwhile, Miss Zorzo finally walks out of the tent. There's enough bushes and rocks in the way that she's completely oblivious of the glowing tentacles. She has a smile on her face, as if someone just told a hilarious joke. Leaving the tent with her are two other bandits, a couple (the woman is pregnant), who take her to the Weapons Tent. All three go into that tent, presumably to get the Baby Dragon stuff.

Lex-Kat
2013-02-19, 09:38 PM

The sad look leaves his face when she comes over and hugs him. "Thank you. It isn't all bad, I have seen a lot of beautiful and interesting places since leaving. I wouldn't give up most of the experiances I have had on this trip. I just wish I knew that I knew that I could get back home at some point."

I have faith that you will. I can honestly say that I am glad to have met you, and wonder if it is wrong to be glad that you found your way here.

McBish
2013-02-19, 10:23 PM

Derek shakes his head. "No, I am glad I found my way here to. I have to live my life and I'm glad I got to meet you. This island is one of the nicest places I have been to." He smiles as he looks into her eyes.

------------------

[Dragon Hunting]

John watches the men struggle against his magic with a confused expression. Why don't they call out for help? It is possible to slip away from the tentacles, but you would have to be quick to escape from them before they grab you again. They will fade away into nothing in a few minutes.

Then Zorzo comes out of the tent with the couple and he is surprised to see the pregnant woman. She seems alright, which confuses John even more. In the end he figures he isn't going to get less confused just sitting here. He stands up and quickly starts to jog over to where the men are entangled. He keeps his rifle out in front of him pointed at the ground.

"Hello there. Care to explain what you are doing?" He says as he gets close enough for them to hear him.

Gullara
2013-02-19, 10:45 PM
[Ruin]

"Take me to the largest one." The ghost commands. She was most definitely used to ordering people around in life. Little has changed since her passing.

Lost_Deep
2013-02-19, 10:54 PM
Ruin

Six sets of translucent green wings come out, And c=Copi simply states "Follow me." before taking off quickly.

She'll watch to see if this ghost can keep up... and will stop if she can't or if she shouts at Copi.

Gullara
2013-02-19, 11:37 PM
[Ruin => Departing]

The mask simply floats a short ways behind Copi, keeping pace perfectly. Seems she won't have any trouble keeping up.

Jacklu
2013-02-20, 12:40 AM
Dir'ba Cave

Gerbo finds himself looking down the business end of a lightning bolt cast by the goblin. The bolt will probably miss, though, as the goblin finds something more important to deal with.

Six crossbow bolts heading in his way. The goblin's defensive shield is still in place and repels the first four of the bolts. However, the shield was already running low as a result of the alchemical fire and the fifth bolt breaks through, hitting the ground by his foot. The sixth bolt hits the goblin in his right shoulder, drawing a shriek from the hunched creature.

It turns on Kevin and sends a blast of force in his direction as well, failing to see Kenyon as he springs over the ledge. Kenyon's shot misses the goblin's chest but punches through its knee, severing its lower leg in a bloody mess. The goblin gurgles in pain and plants its staff hard in the ground, using it to keep upright. The protective shield comes back up and energy crackles across its surface. Bolts of arcane lightning starts lashing out in all directions at random.

Pet! Aid me!

The lamia jerks several times and clutches at her neck for a moment, hissing angrily, then slithers towards the combatants. She dodges the bolts of lightning and seems to be trying to choose her target. Or delaying actually going into combat. In the meantime, at least, her hands start to crackle with gathering magical energy.

5a Violista
2013-02-20, 01:18 AM
[Dragon Hunting]

John watches the men struggle against his magic with a confused expression. Why don't they call out for help? It is possible to slip away from the tentacles, but you would have to be quick to escape from them before they grab you again. They will fade away into nothing in a few minutes.

Then Zorzo comes out of the tent with the couple and he is surprised to see the pregnant woman. She seems alright, which confuses John even more. In the end he figures he isn't going to get less confused just sitting here. He stands up and quickly starts to jog over to where the men are entangled. He keeps his rifle out in front of him pointed at the ground.

"Hello there. Care to explain what you are doing?" He says as he gets close enough for them to hear him.
[Dragon Hunting]

When John appears, some of those bandits seem pretty scared. Not only is there this magic-guy with ground-tentacles, but he also has a gun. Guns are so much scarier than magic. I mean, you can take a fireball to the face, and you're back up and running, barely singed. But, take a gun to the face...and you're dead.

The bandit with the bow stops struggling to get away, and just draws his bow and points it towards John.

The bandit who appears to be in charge decides that it would be utterly pointless to lie. After all, John can probably read their minds and eat their dreams. He says in a stage whisper, "Mutiny. Ever since Tiago met that good-fer-nuthin' woman," he says with utter contempt, "he hasn't been putting his bros first. Every time we pillage a village or raid a military camp, he gets all high-and-mighty. With your lady-friend here, it's a perfect opportunity to knock some sense back into him."

Zorzo's still in the weapon's tent.

inexorabletruth
2013-02-20, 09:07 AM
[Dir'ba Cave]
Gerbo rolls away from the lightning and scrambles to a stand, but his hair is standing on end for the collateral static electricity.

Gerbo looks at the lamia, then over to the goblin. He's no wizard, but he knows a magical compulsion when he sees one and an idea pops into his head. He shoulder rolls over his hooked hammer to hide his next actions.

Reaching inward to summon his innate abilities, he conjures a voice coming from near where the goblin is leaning on his staff. It sounds just like the goblin.

"I have an idea, my pet! Throw me off the ledge as hard as you can, that I may escape. These foes are too strong for us. Then run and hide! I shall find you again when it is safe for the both of us!"

Using Ghost Sound to imitate the goblin's voice from the goblin's direction. (D&D 3.5, PHB, pg 235, if you need to know how it works.)

Gerbo suppresses a smirk at his clever ruse as he hops to a stand, spinning his hooked hammer in a criss-cross arc. Heh. Let's see how good he is at shooting lighting bolts when he's flying through the air. He thinks to himself as he stares down the goblin foe.

Sonzai
2013-02-20, 01:49 PM
Dir'ba Cave

Kevin is hit with the force blast, and skids backwards some distance, but thankfully since he made sure to stay a safe distance from the ledge, is not pushed over.

He reloads his crossbow, but is too busy dodging the lightning to do much else right at the moment. That, and charging at the goblin right now seems rather dangerous - better to stick with ranged weaponry...

Halae
2013-02-20, 02:03 PM
[Cadaver fields]

The hunter sigh. "If you can keep up with me." She didn't know much about her enemy, so why not? Maybe they could be of some use?

She will then start running in a pretty slow pace, not to make sure the gloamings can follow, but as it's the pace she usually travel at. She intended to track down that beast wherever it was running.[Cadaver Fields]

The gloamings, surprisingly, can keep up fairly well, as they seem to glide from shadow to shadow in groups. Grins can be seen on the faces of many of them; this should be fun!

Lost_Deep
2013-02-20, 03:28 PM
Ruin to Inside

Copi will lead the ex-noble to inside, while silently pondering a polite way to tell her that she isn't a noble/royalty/what have you anymore and that she'll need to be polite to people again.

Hattish Thing
2013-02-20, 03:40 PM
Hunting Rocks

Enshadu is followed by his winged soldiers. Well, technically Riv's winged soldiers. Eh. He begins to activate a sensor which will locate an elementium meteor if he passes within 10 miles of one. Pretty powerful sensor. He had made sure he'd be able to find more elementium. Especially with his secret partner bartering elementium away for spies. Though spies were very useful. Especially since information was the key to Enshadu's success. He'll walk for about ten minutes, silently. Soon, there's a beep sound. Oh look! Over there....my sensors are saying that there is an elementium piece about the size of a man in about nine miles west....shall we get walking, gentlemen? You don't talk much do you...

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-20, 04:12 PM
Hunting Meteors

No. No they don't.

But they do know how to follow orders, breaking into a marathon jog towards the indicated site. This isn't the sensible way to go meteor hunting, but, it serves their purpose just as well. Let Enshadu makes his own mistakes.

Hattish Thing
2013-02-20, 04:41 PM
Hunting Meteors

No. No they don't.

But they do know how to follow orders, breaking into a marathon jog towards the indicated site. This isn't the sensible way to go meteor hunting, but, it serves their purpose just as well. Let Enshadu makes his own mistakes.

Enshadu hardly jogs. He just teleports! Easier and faster. Not that it was a race. Ta da! I love teleporting! So useful...need to recharge back at The Factory soon. Do you four recharge? Or what? Oh...wait...they're stil behind me.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-20, 04:49 PM
Meteor Hunting

They're organic creatures. They 'recharge' in the same way nearly ever organic creature does, eating and sleeping.

It's a pretty silly question.

Especially since, yes, they're still nine miles back.

Hattish Thing
2013-02-20, 05:07 PM
Meteor Hunting

They're organic creatures. They 'recharge' in the same way nearly ever organic creature does, eating and sleeping.

It's a pretty silly question.

Especially since, yes, they're still nine miles back.

Enshadu truly didn't pay attention to the winged soldiers gender, appearance, or race. He just doesn't really care. They were all going to die, or at least obey his will when he was ruling over the Nexus. Which would happen, definitely :smalltongue:. Enshadu realizes he's talking to nothing and just shrugs before speaking once more to thin air. Hm...pretty nice chunk of elementium here! This'll be good, right friends? Sure enough, there is a large man-sized chunk of space-rock, and shining chrome metal sticks out of it. Enshadu moves over to the rock and smiles. He begins to reprogram the weapon system in his left hand...his hand changes form and rearranges itself, and soon his left hand is a large elementium pickaxe. He begins to set to work, humming some nonsensical song. He was in a good mood. Everything was going so well for him! Char-Kukruk providing him with an army of demons, Calublufiok guiding his plans, and Kwen's corruption is going along nicely. I love my job!

Reinholdt
2013-02-20, 05:59 PM
Leaving AMEN

Ilpholin exits, Darcy in hand. For a while she just travels, but eventually they're far enough away to slow down and catch a breath or at least a direction. Definitely a better title heading.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-20, 06:28 PM
Meteor Hunting

It's a long while before the soldiers catch up, to find that Enshadu's happily doing all the work himself. This, as ever, is fine by them. They sit down at the edge of the crater, waiting for him to be finished.

Hattish Thing
2013-02-20, 06:37 PM
Meteor Hunting

It's a long while before the soldiers catch up, to find that Enshadu's happily doing all the work himself. This, as ever, is fine by them. They sit down at the edge of the crater, waiting for him to be finished.

Well, Enshadu has already mined the entire rock, and chunks of elementium lie on the hard ground. Enshadu is efficient as always. He is finished, and waves at the flying soldiers. WEll, hello there! Finally decide to work? About time. There's nothing left to do here. I'll be shipping these off to The Factory... He begins to place the elementium in a sack. Here, you all get space rocks. Don't eat them. He'll then toss four small rocks at the soldiers.

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-21, 01:21 AM
Meteor Hunting

Well, having to do everything yourself tends to be the consequence of teleporting away and ditching your help. And the winged soldiers don't really seem to be impressed by E's posturing, or the paltry 'share' they've been given.

One of them stands up and hops down into the crater proper, walking up to Enshadu and attempting to take the elementium detector he was using before. They'll find their own meteors, thank you.

happyturtle
2013-02-21, 04:39 AM
The Foothills?

Leaving AMEN

Ilpholin exits, Darcy in hand. For a while she just travels, but eventually they're far enough away to slow down and catch a breath or at least a direction. Definitely a better title heading.

When they finally stop, Darcy puts her arms around Ilpholin and clings to her tightly. "I love you."

Reinholdt
2013-02-21, 07:37 AM
Foothills

Ilpholin hugs Darcy tightly back, seeing no reason to let go for anything. "I love you too."

There is a pressing question though. "Where do you want to go love? Watchtower?"

happyturtle
2013-02-21, 08:00 AM
Foothills

"Anywhere, as long as it's with you." :smallsmile:

Reinholdt
2013-02-21, 08:04 AM
Foothills

Ilpholin smiles and goes to kiss Darcy's forehead. "That's sweet, but I don't want you forgoing all your friends just for me." Ilpholin says as she turns to lead them to Watchtower.

happyturtle
2013-02-21, 08:29 AM
Foothills

"What about Mister Squiggles?" Darcy asks. Poor delusional girl. :smallfrown:

Reinholdt
2013-02-21, 08:45 AM
Foothills

"He's staying at AMEN. I don't know when we'll see him again, but I know he'll be ok." Ilpholin says, sadness creeping into her voice.

happyturtle
2013-02-21, 12:04 PM
Foothills

"But he's your best friend. I don't want you to be separated from him!" Darcy says. She isn't terribly worried about the beargon family. Sure, she likes them, but they aren't close friends like Mister Squiggles.

Reinholdt
2013-02-21, 12:52 PM
Foothills

"I don't either, but he has to stay." Ilpholin explains.

happyturtle
2013-02-21, 01:19 PM
Foothills

Darcy doesn't want to risk starting another argument, so she just holds hands with Ilpholin as they carry on their journey.

McBish
2013-02-21, 02:46 PM
[Dragon Hunting]

When John appears, some of those bandits seem pretty scared. Not only is there this magic-guy with ground-tentacles, but he also has a gun. Guns are so much scarier than magic. I mean, you can take a fireball to the face, and you're back up and running, barely singed. But, take a gun to the face...and you're dead.

The bandit with the bow stops struggling to get away, and just draws his bow and points it towards John.

The bandit who appears to be in charge decides that it would be utterly pointless to lie. After all, John can probably read their minds and eat their dreams. He says in a stage whisper, "Mutiny. Ever since Tiago met that good-fer-nuthin' woman," he says with utter contempt, "he hasn't been putting his bros first. Every time we pillage a village or raid a military camp, he gets all high-and-mighty. With your lady-friend here, it's a perfect opportunity to knock some sense back into him."

Zorzo's still in the weapon's tent.

John shakes his head and raises his rifle pointing it at the man with the bow. "Except it isn't the perfect opportunity. Because I am here to make sure my 'lady-friend' isn't hurt. So a bunch of thugs with sharp pieces of metal sort of ruin my night. So why don't we just go ahead and drop those weapons." This complicates matters, he really doesn't want to get involved with a bandit mutiny, he was just here to slay a dragon.

Reinholdt
2013-02-21, 05:07 PM
Foothills

Oh. Well, hmm. No explanation then. Ilpholin would have explained more thoroughly in the last post, but short phone posts from work isn't very conducive to exposition. I suppose it'll be found out soon enough anyways.

Ilpholin squeezes Darcy's hand and if there's nothing else, I guess we can time skip to them arriving at Watch?

Lex-Kat
2013-02-21, 08:54 PM

Derek shakes his head. "No, I am glad I found my way here to. I have to live my life and I'm glad I got to meet you. This island is one of the nicest places I have been to." He smiles as he looks into her eyes.

Jezebelle moves around and tries to sit on Derek's lap. It's as close to paradise as I've ever been.

Hattish Thing
2013-02-22, 01:32 AM
Meteor Hunting

Well, having to do everything yourself tends to be the consequence of teleporting away and ditching your help. And the winged soldiers don't really seem to be impressed by E's posturing, or the paltry 'share' they've been given.

One of them stands up and hops down into the crater proper, walking up to Enshadu and attempting to take the elementium detector he was using before. They'll find their own meteors, thank you.

The device is in Enshadu's very strong, metal grasp. He simply stares at the winged soldier. He was far more efficient, and the elementium was for his tanks and weapons. He was the only one who could melt them anyway! Um....don't grab things from me, that annoys me. Don't annoy me or I'll turn you into a pretzel, kay? My elementium. Mine! You didn't even say please!

ThirdEmperor
2013-02-22, 01:55 AM
Meteor Hunting

The soldier doesn't relinquish his hold on the scanner, although he doesn't attempt to pull it away from Enshadu either. And he stares. It's a stare with all the intelligence and emotion you'd expect from a lizard that'd been through hell at the hands of an incompetent taxidermists.

Y'know, considering they've never said a word and their brothers kept speaking for them, I'd say there's a good chance they can't talk. Certainly a possibility at the very least.

Reinholdt
2013-02-22, 10:26 PM
[Blind Cat's Bluff]

Gnomes.

A creative, tinkering race. At least so far as you're willing to hire them for such purposes. There are probably gnomes that aren't creative or tinkering at all. But we care not for them, for today we have the stereotypical gnome.

Or rather several.
Based on the equipment they carry, a construction crew would be more accurate.
A gnomish construction crew, traveling down an unusual path in the cliff to a cave, both of which are most certainly not normally there. Carrying things in, carrying nothing out. The path and cave entrance disappearing behind the gnomes after they go inside with their materials.

Oddly enough, they only seem to do this when its raining or storming out. The type of weather you wouldn't want to go out in.

Kenyon
2013-02-22, 10:47 PM
[Dir'Ba Cave]

Kenyon lands on the ledge securely, and quickly takes a few steps forward to ensure another trip off the ledge doesn't happen.

His rifle stays focused on the crippled goblin, ready to put him down. However, he holds his fire as he hears an unusual request come from the goblin. Why the hell would the goblin want the lamia to throw him with his crippled kn-oohhhhh, Gerbo, you sneaky bastard.

A moment of quiet reflection later, he decides to hold off on dropping the goblin, after all, what makes a better story: Finding and shooting a goblin to death, or convincing the goblin's pet to throw it off a goddamn cliff?

Shadowcaller
2013-02-23, 04:49 PM
[Somewhere...]

The courtyard is surrounded by a impregnable wall of black spikes lit with the blue light of the mortal souls bound into them. The souls reinforced the structure with their essence and it was known some mortal hesitated of destroying another ones soul when they attempted to attack the wall. It was a good defense.

The fortress itself was white, easily visible in the sharp contrast to the wall and the night surrounding it. Not that it meant much to the Cuthunians, they were blessed with true seeing. Darkness was not much of a problem to them, everything was the same day or night. For that reason the only light that could be seen was the souls themselves in their constant struggle to escape the spikes they had been bound to.

There was an especially large gathering here tonight, it wasn't often one of the Sogv spoke directly to it's faithful servants. Often they just gave orders to the scared link it shared to all of demonkind. So there was anticipation in the air as the one of the very guiding lights of their purpose was going to make an appearance.

Some spoke among themselves, seemingly nervous at whatever plans the Sogv's might have for them. The nexus was a world unlike many others with mortals from all sort of worlds gathering here making it a world of many wondrous and dangerous things.

For them however it was a truly disgusting place filled to the brim with disgusting mortal creatures and other beings calling themselves "demons" which was the name mortals had given to their kin. So it had to go. Every world had to be purged sooner or later after all and in case of the nexus and the Sogv's here had long argued for sooner.

Then the gates opened and the voices where silenced.

Exiting the gate was Ari, the legion alegias, greatest of Yigoth's priests. There was no need to announce it's name or call give any signal of his appearance. They all knew, they all felt his comfortable presence echoing within them, filling them with purpose.

Ari was in it's priest armor, a humanoid form with long hair-like metallic feathers adorning his head and a large flat beak extending from it's forehead which gives Ari a distinctively avian appearance.

A long swan-like neck leading down to a more jagged body where the artificial nature of the armor is revealed. Extending from the body are two long arms with claws far too long to be of any practical use. They appear to be able to break at slightest touch.

With these long elegant claws it gestures to the gathered crowd of demons. <"The time is soon upon us children. Long have we endured merely watching these mortals squabble among themselves, forcing ourselves to learn about their cultures, their ways, their identities!">

There was a choir of voice sounding their agreement, the slightest touch of knowledge about mortals could corrupted the purest of being. it was said not even the Sogv's themselves were completely immune.

<"But no more!"> Ari spoke again with a dramatic gesture at the crowd, the Cuthunians voices falling silent as they felt it directing them. The whole event might as well be staged. All their wills were one after all, there was no doubt, no hesitation to whatever the Sogv would say. <"Soon all of that will be reduced to a place only within our memories! We will kill their soldiers, purge their civilians burn their books, wipe the very idea of mortal life from this plane!">

Once again, directed by his will the crowd knew it was time to cheer. The Sovg lifting it's hands as it takes it all in.

<"But."> Ari suddenly cautioned as the cheers died down once again. <"We must endure a little longer before all that can come to pass. We can not destroy all mortals on our own. We must use them and their idiotic civil wars to our advantage. AMEN, Enshadu... we know these names because in the end we must use their plans to aid our cause. All we need to is watch and wait. I know our chance will soon present itself and then we shall strike! Estrakuru Regila! For the glory of Yigoth!">

Ari then basked in a final thunderous cheer from the gathered Cuthunians before retreating back into the fortress again. Things were slowly falling into place...

[Cadaver fields]

The hunter continues in the same pace, tracking down the trails in the same manner. Suddenly as the trail seem as freshest she stops and looks around after the tiny creatures. "Are you still there?" She asks.

Slii Arhem
2013-02-23, 08:32 PM
Deep-sea Fishing

Shayan and Isabelle, taking time off from their busy schedules of exploding squirrel heads and forcing AMENites to strip naked for science, are in a "repossessed" fishing boat offshore to catch some dolphins for Isabelle's use in protecting the Atlantis part of AMEN's base.

Shayan inexplicably brought along a tackle box full of hooks and jigs, along with what she planned on using to lull the dolphins into a sleep-like state. She encouraged Isabelle to bring a sufficiently large animal along as backup just in case what she planned didn't work, since she still has those sponges that let things breathe underwater for a while, so they could go hunting directly that way as plan B.

Gnrlshrimp
2013-02-23, 08:37 PM
[Deep-Sea Fishing]

Isabelle is busy stretched out on the boat, wearing a bare minimum of clothing in an attempt to develop a bit of a tan, complete with magical anti-sun spells to make sure she doesn't burn.

Well, you know, since they're out here...

She doubts Shayan is likely to complain about this anyway.

Also on board is Wallace, as Isabelle's chosen "large animal" for plan B, should that prove necessary.

"So how long do you reckon this will take, Shayan? I'm hoping it's not going to be too quick. I'd like to get a nice tan all over."

Slii Arhem
2013-02-23, 08:48 PM
Deep-sea Fishing

Shayan shrugs, casting off her fishing jacket to reveal a bikini top beneath. She's wearing beige shorts on her legs with the rest of the bikini peaking out from over the top, but she has an adapted life jacket that she puts over her torso just in case. She's obviously not the strongest swimmer, and while drowning isn't an issue getting trapped underwater is.

"As long as we care to take. This is officially a mental health day for me, so I'm not needed back anywhere until tomorrow morning. We can hold off on trying to catch anything for a while until you're tanned enough for your liking. I doubt we'll want to stick around long once we have the boat loaded with dolphins and have more being towed behind us." Shayan, being of native culture, is already about as dark-skinned as she'll ever get. That's no reason not to relax and enjoy the sun though.

Gnrlshrimp
2013-02-23, 09:02 PM
[Deep-Sea Fishing]

"As long as we want. Sounds wonderful. Truth be told I'm glad for the break as well. I've gone through so many squirrels..." Isabelle yawns turns to look at Shayan, "I guess the vines interfere a bit with the swimming? But, anyway, I think I'm just about there with the squirrels. Shouldn't take that much longer."

McBish
2013-02-23, 09:02 PM

Jezebelle moves around and tries to sit on Derek's lap. It's as close to paradise as I've ever been.

Derek shifts a bit to make both her and him comfortable. One of his arms wraps around her waist resting on one of her legs. "You are lucky to have such a nice place to raise your girls. It's seems like a nice place to call home."

--------------------------------

[Dragon Hunting]

[Dragon Hunting]
John shakes his head and raises his rifle pointing it at the man with the bow. "Except it isn't the perfect opportunity. Because I am here to make sure my 'lady-friend' isn't hurt. So a bunch of thugs with sharp pieces of metal sort of ruin my night. So why don't we just go ahead and drop those weapons." This complicates matters, he really doesn't want to get involved with a bandit mutiny, he was just here to slay a dragon.

Slii Arhem
2013-02-23, 09:18 PM
[Deep-Sea Fishing]

"As long as we want. Sounds wonderful. Truth be told I'm glad for the break as well. I've gone through so many squirrels..." Isabelle yawns turns to look at Shayan, "I guess the vines interfere a bit with the swimming? But, anyway, I think I'm just about there with the squirrels. Shouldn't take that much longer."

Deep-sea Fishing

"No, it's that I couldn't really move my legs for years and have only now begun to relearn how to move them. The vines actually float well, but they aren't buoyant enough to support my whole body. Please don't talk about plague work though. I've had enough of that to last me another three lifetimes, assuming I'm around to live them." She utters with dry humor, lowering herself to lay on the deck next to Isabelle and begins flexing her legs, raising them into the air slowly, as high as she can manage before letting them drop. It's those kind of exercises that she hopes will get her slowly back into a state where she can walk without the assistance of her vines again.

Gnrlshrimp
2013-02-23, 09:34 PM
[Deep-Sea Fishing]

"Ah, I see. I won't mention another word about it. Unless I forget which I might do, in which case I apologise. Isabelle rolls over, reaching for the bag she brought with her, fishing out a bottle of drink. Presumably some of that juice she keeps in her room.

"It certainly seems like the whole leg thing is progressing well. You've made a big improvement very quickly." Isabelle offers an encouraging smile as she rolls back over. "I'm glad to see you doing so well. At this rate, I wouldn't have thought it'd be too long before you're able to walk properly."

Slii Arhem
2013-02-23, 10:49 PM
[Deep-Sea Fishing]

"Ah, I see. I won't mention another word about it. Unless I forget which I might do, in which case I apologise. Isabelle rolls over, reaching for the bag she brought with her, fishing out a bottle of drink. Presumably some of that juice she keeps in her room.

"It certainly seems like the whole leg thing is progressing well. You've made a big improvement very quickly." Isabelle offers an encouraging smile as she rolls back over. "I'm glad to see you doing so well. At this rate, I wouldn't have thought it'd be too long before you're able to walk properly."

Deep-sea Fishing

"The nerves have been there and ready since the operation, and my regeneration has kept the muscles from atrophying. All I need to do is train my brain to send signals down paths that I haven't used in decades. I certainly have it easier than most people recovering from crippling events, but having built in crutches makes it harder to motivate myself to rely only on my legs." Still, she can move them now where a few weeks ago she couldn't. The main problem going forward will be balance. With the vines, she's rather top-heavy. She continues with the exercises as the boat rocks back and forth in place, not really caring if she catches anything or not today.

Gnrlshrimp
2013-02-23, 11:06 PM
[Deep-Sea Fishing]

"Yeah, I can see why that would be a problem. Still, the vines have got to be pretty useful. Once you don't have to rely on them for walking, just think how well you could multitask! I bet you could get loads of stuff done."

It apparently hasn't occurred to Isabelle that Shayan's brain may not be capable of handling that many tasks at once. She does tend to be optimistic about things.

After a little while she rolls over onto her front. "I need to get out in the water more often. There's all sorts of fun animals to play with down there."

Jacklu
2013-02-23, 11:41 PM
Dir'ba Cave

Well, that was an unexpected strategy. The lamia looks very confused, perhaps because of the order itself, or maybe because of the tone of the order. Either way, she decides to go for it. She with surprising speed and agility towards the goblin, dodging the lightning and winding her way ever closer, ready to carry out the false command.

She she reaches the shield, she presses her hands against it and the magic she had gathered there spreads out across it. The shield buckles under her hands and she passes through it unharmed.

The goblin looks over his shoulder in surprise as the lamia grabs him and lifts him above her head. The moment his staff leaves the ground the shield collapses, discharging a dozen bolts of pure arcane energy in all directions.

Unhand me you worthless creature!

He squirms and strikes her in the back of the head as she tries to bring him closer to the edge. The second strike is sufficient to daze her and the goblin falls from her grasp. He scrambles to right himself, standing on one foot, and brings the staff down towards her head.

You not break Sapphire!

Ruisphah! I bet you all forgot she was even here, didn't you?

The harpy dives from above, talons spread. She grabs the goblin's staff with both feet and beats her wings furiously. The goblin miraculously keeps his balance and tugs back on the staff. Ruisphah launches into a verbal assault in her native tongue and the two creatures are caught up in a tug of war, completely forgetting the well armed adventurers nearby. A perfect opportunity for anyone who managed to avoid being hit by the bolts of energy earlier.

Sonzai
2013-02-24, 12:36 AM
Dir'ba Cave

Yipe! Kevin dodges the bolts of energy, only getting singed by one. However, all this dodging is hard work, and so once he finds stable footing, Ruisphah and the goblin are already embroiled in the tug of war.

Taking careful aim, he uses the remaining time to fire three crossbow bolts (since he reloaded earlier) directly at the goblin, hopefully distracting or damaging him enough for Ruisphah to make off with the staff.

inexorabletruth
2013-02-24, 05:07 AM
[Dir'ba Cave]
Gerbo doesn't waste a second. As soon as the goblin is dropped by the lamia, he charges in with his hammer coming in low on a sidelong chop aimed at the goblin's hip.

Some of the residual energy from the broken spell courses through his bones like an electric fire, but he grits his teeth until his gums bleed as he surges through the affected area.

"Ngrnnnchn!" is all he can manage to grunt as he swings the pickaxe end of his weapon towards the formidable foe.

Gerbo's in a fair amount of pain from charging through the collapsed shield. His swing might be a little weaker than usual, but he's putting all he's got into this sidelong chop.

Murkus
2013-02-24, 12:48 PM
[Missus Frescot's Orchard]

It's here that Adir and Sakura might find themselves transported. After Adir's cousin Kord took off, they simply wound their way across the skies of the Nexus, and steadily those skies began to change. A strange constellation here, a whispering breeze there, and they've returned to the land of the fae. The forest, far below, shifts with light and energy.

The sleigh begins to slow, after a time, as they swoop down toward a peculiar formation of trees. They're not in order, per say, but as they land, one might get the idea that they have some sort've caretaker. The sleigh circles once, and Sakura should get some idea about who that could be.

The elder Mrs. Frescot is in one of her trees now, a pleasantly plump, curvy woman with skin the color of caramel. She's balanced on one branch, picking oversized apples and placing them in a basket beneath her arm. Once it's full, she hops out into empty space, falling toward the ground with a silly grin.

In an eyeblink, someone's there to meet her. Grass flies up around him, as though torn by a great wind. He's a huge thing, burly and savage, skin a pale pink. Coarse hair covers his chest and arms. Antlers like the branches of an ancient oak protrude wildly from either side of his head. Even at this distance, the master of the Frescot court radiates strength and warmth.

His tree-trunk arms catch Missus Frescot handily, as though he's done it a thousand times, and wily old Erik draws the human woman close for a good kiss. They're interrupted only by the sleigh touching down nearby, and when the wife of the Fae lord pulls away, she does so breathlessly. There would be a blush on her cheeks, if her skin weren't so dark.

"Oh! Oh, children, you're here!" Missus Frescot squeaks as Erik carries her closer to the sleigh. "We thought you'd be at least a few more minutes..."

By the look on his face, Lord Frescot knew exactly when they'd arrive. He's simply too old to care. The huntmaster's gaze finds Sakura first, finds her swollen belly and all that it promises. His face splits in the sort've smile that could make flowers bloom.

Speaking of that face... I don't believe Sakura's ever seen him without a helmet. Few outside the Court have. It's a sight, to be certain - scars in every shape and size, wearing down what once must've been otherworldly beauty. He's a rugged creature now, truly wild. His eyes glow like lanterns in the coming night. It'd be best for Sakura not to look at those eyes too long, lovely as they are...

"It's good to see the both of you,"Erik says, voice crackling with such power that it can be felt more than heard.

Slii Arhem
2013-02-24, 02:41 PM
[Deep-Sea Fishing]

"Yeah, I can see why that would be a problem. Still, the vines have got to be pretty useful. Once you don't have to rely on them for walking, just think how well you could multitask! I bet you could get loads of stuff done."

It apparently hasn't occurred to Isabelle that Shayan's brain may not be capable of handling that many tasks at once. She does tend to be optimistic about things.

After a little while she rolls over onto her front. "I need to get out in the water more often. There's all sorts of fun animals to play with down there."

Deep-sea Fishing

Shayan's brain often isn't in the present at all, so getting her to multitask would be like getting a guppy to fly. She eventually gives up on her leg lifts and stands, mostly using her vines but partially using her legs to support the effort.

"There are, yes. I do wonder what you could manage with flying creatures as well though. Maybe something large enough to carry you through the sky?" Whimsical thinking, flying on the backs of massive birds of prey. If only it were that simple.

The oracle sits herself on the stern of the boat and unlatches her tackle box, selecting a spool of fishing line and a few hooks. She has no pole, but it becomes apparent what she intends to use instead as she ties a loop of line around two of her vines and tosses their hooks out with expert flicks. The vines twitch and jig the lines temptingly with slow, even movements.

Gullara
2013-02-24, 02:54 PM

Sakura giggles at her in laws' display of affection, and more so at the other Missus Frescot's reaction. "Hello you two. We're not interrupting, are we?" She says teasingly. The dryad steps out of the sleigh, perhaps with Adir's help, and proceeds over to her husband's parents. It looks labourious with that belly carrying twins, but she appears to be managing just fine.

Gnrlshrimp
2013-02-24, 02:55 PM
[Deep-Sea Fishing]

Isabelle shifts her position slight when Shayan moves, to get a better view. "Ooh, that's a clever use for them! I'd never have thought of that." That's probably because you don't have vines, Isabelle.

"A lovely idea, to be carried gracefully through the sky by a bird, isn't it? I've thought about it before. It's not that easy, sadly. Either the bird would have to be so large that my weight is basically irreleveant, or its wings would have to be powerful enough to deal with my extra weight, which would probably make it incapable of flight on its own. It'd be much easier just to use magic to fly."

Lex-Kat
2013-02-24, 03:52 PM

Derek shifts a bit to make both her and him comfortable. One of his arms wraps around her waist resting on one of her legs. "You are lucky to have such a nice place to raise your girls. It's seems like a nice place to call home."

It is. But, and she leans closer to kiss him. It's nicer now that you are here. And she'll try for the kiss.

Slii Arhem
2013-02-24, 03:55 PM
[Deep-Sea Fishing]

Isabelle shifts her position slight when Shayan moves, to get a better view. "Ooh, that's a clever use for them! I'd never have thought of that." That's probably because you don't have vines, Isabelle.

"A lovely idea, to be carried gracefully through the sky by a bird, isn't it? I've thought about it before. It's not that easy, sadly. Either the bird would have to be so large that my weight is basically irreleveant, or its wings would have to be powerful enough to deal with my extra weight, which would probably make it incapable of flight on its own. It'd be much easier just to use magic to fly."

Deep-sea Fishing

"Much easier and much less fun." Shayan replies as she flicks a vine out of the water over her head, hauling a rainbow-colored fish into the boat with a splat. She aimed for it to land fairly far away from Isabelle, but it may end up splashing her a bit as it hits the deck anyway.

One of Shayan's unoccupied vines works at getting the hook out of its mouth so she can cast it out again.

Gnrlshrimp
2013-02-24, 04:07 PM
[Deep-Sea Fishing]

It perhaps would've splashed her...but the water that goes near her seems to sort of...bend around her instead.

Isabelle won't be getting wet unless she wants to.

"Exactly. Much less fun. You feeling hungry at all? 'cos I could totally magic up a fire and cook that fish, if you want."

Less fun...

Unless she magic'd up some wings for herself, maybe? There's probably a spell that does that somewhere. Isabelle files that thought away for a later day.

Murkus
2013-02-24, 10:49 PM

Sakura giggles at her in laws' display of affection, and more so at the other Missus Frescot's reaction. "Hello you two. We're not interrupting, are we?" She says teasingly. The dryad steps out of the sleigh, perhaps with Adir's help, and proceeds over to her husband's parents. It looks labourious with that belly carrying twins, but she appears to be managing just fine.

"Oh, no! We were just, um, getting ready for dinner," Mama Frescot assures them, fixing a stray lock of bark-colored hair back behind her ear. In the mean time, Adir does help Sakura down.

Erik pays his wife's sheepishness no mind. "You look well. How long will it be now, Sakura?"

Gullara
2013-02-24, 11:58 PM

"Not too long now. It's supposed to be about," Sakura gives a vaguely defined about of time. Probably between one and two months. "We've pretty much got everything ready for them. Just some last minute things to take care of."

Slii Arhem
2013-02-25, 04:14 PM
[Deep-Sea Fishing]

It perhaps would've splashed her...but the water that goes near her seems to sort of...bend around her instead.

Isabelle won't be getting wet unless she wants to.

"Exactly. Much less fun. You feeling hungry at all? 'cos I could totally magic up a fire and cook that fish, if you want."

Less fun...

Unless she magic'd up some wings for herself, maybe? There's probably a spell that does that somewhere. Isabelle files that thought away for a later day.

Deep-sea Fishing

"I was going to ask you about that, but let me catch a few others first. Do you think you could do anything to make one more attractive to the dolphins so we don't have to go searching for them?" Shayan doesn't want to cook this one if she can't catch another as bait for their real prey.

5a Violista
2013-02-25, 06:07 PM
[Dragon Hunting]

[Dragon Hunting]

Most of them set down their weapons.

The guy with the bow now speaks up, protesting to the one in charge. "I'll drop mine when he drops his." He keeps it pointed towards John. After all, what with all those tentacles, there's nothing stopping John from killing them all in one go. Gotta keep some protection. The archer's voice is pretty strained, however, and is probably very jumpy. After all...John might eat their brains and then turn them into frogs before shooting them with that gun of his!

Realizing that something could very easily go wrong for any number of them, the leader-one says to John, "Tell you what. If you just pretend you didn't see us, we'll let both you and your friend go, and we won't bother either of you."

Meanwhile, Miss Zorzo has all her weapons again, and has all the baby dragon stuff they need. She exits the tent, smile, says something nice to the couple, and starts to walk away from the camp back the way she came.

McBish
2013-02-25, 07:57 PM
[Dragon Hunting]

Most of them set down their weapons.

The guy with the bow now speaks up, protesting to the one in charge. "I'll drop mine when he drops his." He keeps it pointed towards John. After all, what with all those tentacles, there's nothing stopping John from killing them all in one go. Gotta keep some protection. The archer's voice is pretty strained, however, and is probably very jumpy. After all...John might eat their brains and then turn them into frogs before shooting them with that gun of his!

Realizing that something could very easily go wrong for any number of them, the leader-one says to John, "Tell you what. If you just pretend you didn't see us, we'll let both you and your friend go, and we won't bother either of you."

Meanwhile, Miss Zorzo has all her weapons again, and has all the baby dragon stuff they need. She exits the tent, smile, says something nice to the couple, and starts to walk away from the camp back the way she came.

"Wait here for one second." He slowly backs away and then starts to jog towards Zorzo. He only has a few minutes before the tentacles disappear. Hopefully she has some idea of what to do. If it wasn't for the pregnant woman he would just walk away and let the bandits sort themselves out. "Hey Zorzo we might have a problem."

-----------------------------

It is. But, and she leans closer to kiss him. It's nicer now that you are here. And she'll try for the kiss.

Derek is happy to kiss her, one hand going to her neck, gently massaging the back of it. "Thanks. I have to admit, the fact that you are here probably impacts my judgement a decent amount." Who wouldn't enjoy a place where pretty women sit in your lap and give you kisses.

Lex-Kat
2013-02-25, 09:44 PM

Derek is happy to kiss her, one hand going to her neck, gently massaging the back of it. "Thanks. I have to admit, the fact that you are here probably impacts my judgement a decent amount." Who wouldn't enjoy a place where pretty women sit in your lap and give you kisses.

Jezebelle leans back, and pulls one leg across, intending to stradle his lap. Probably? she leans forward again, intending to kiss his neck.

Kenyon
2013-02-25, 11:42 PM
[Dir'Ba Cave]

Kenyon busts out laughing as the Lamia starts to lift its master over its head. Oh, man, this is gonna be grea-WHOACRAP, MAGIC INCOMING.

Better prepared this time, the rifleman hunkers down in a defensive position as the arcane energy arcs around him. The energy leaves him a little smoky, but none worse for wear.

As the Goblin Tossing event is cancelled on grounds of head trauma to the poor lamia, Kenyon readies his rifle again. Better to drop the irritating little creature before it can cause anymore trou-oh,you'vegottobekidding...

Kenyon grits his teeth as Ruisphah makes her way into the fight, tugging the staff away from the goblin. Between her and Gerbo's melee attack, he's left with very little in terms of a clear shot on the goblin. He continues to hold his fire, until he can ensure that he doesn't kill a teammate with a poor shot.

Jacklu
2013-02-26, 12:15 AM
Dir'ba Cave

Ruisphah and the goblin continue their tug of war, neither making any headway. Until the three crossbow bolts hit their mark, however, sinking into the goblin's side. With a shriek of pain, the goblin releases the staff. Ruisphah, suddenly not pulling against anyone, is flung away, carrying the staff with her.

Not breaking Sapphire!

The goblin tumbles back, right into Gerbo's swing. The blow hits hard, goring the goblin and killing it good and dead.

Huzzah!

Ruisphah drops the magic staff and lands next to the lamia, brushing her wings over the snake-woman's face.

Sapphire is broke. Fix Sapphire, yes? Then we leave. We leave you pay many jewels as promise.

5a Violista
2013-02-26, 01:55 AM
[Dragon Hunting]

"Wait here for one second." He slowly backs away and then starts to jog towards Zorzo. He only has a few minutes before the tentacles disappear. Hopefully she has some idea of what to do. If it wasn't for the pregnant woman he would just walk away and let the bandits sort themselves out. "Hey Zorzo we might have a problem."

[Dragon Hunting]

With the bandits, there's the sound of someone hitting someone else in the head with the back of his hand, followed by more silenced struggling to free themselves from the evil tentacles.

Zorzo turns to John as he approaches. She's smiling...or was, at least, until he said there's a problem. "What? The dragon woke already?" Shoot! They didn't get to set up a proper trap or prepare themselves! Zorzo quickly puts a hand on her sword and looks at the skies, in case the dragon starts attacking right now.

Gnrlshrimp
2013-02-26, 02:25 AM
Deep-sea Fishing

"I was going to ask you about that, but let me catch a few others first. Do you think you could do anything to make one more attractive to the dolphins so we don't have to go searching for them?" Shayan doesn't want to cook this one if she can't catch another as bait for their real prey.

"Out here? Uh, no, I can't." Isabelle shrugs awkwardly, "I can't really make adjustments on the fly to things. It takes a lot of time and research before I start making changes to something, and then a lot of trial and error before I get it spot on." So even a simple change like this isn't really possible for her out on a boat with none of the tools of her trade.

Said tools being mostly books, notes, and lots of devices for cutting things up and poking at their insides...

Slii Arhem
2013-02-26, 08:44 AM
"Out here? Uh, no, I can't." Isabelle shrugs awkwardly, "I can't really make adjustments on the fly to things. It takes a lot of time and research before I start making changes to something, and then a lot of trial and error before I get it spot on." So even a simple change like this isn't really possible for her out on a boat with none of the tools of her trade.

Said tools being mostly books, notes, and lots of devices for cutting things up and poking at their insides...

Deep-sea Fishing

"I didn't mean making adjustments to the fish itself. I just assumed you had a spell that attracted animals that you could cast on it instead of on yourself. It doesn't matter if you don't, a dangling fish on a line is tempting on its own." Still no luck in catching another, though fishing is a patient sport despite Shayan's early success.

Gnrlshrimp
2013-02-26, 08:59 AM
[Deep-Sea Fishing]

"Oh, right, I see what you mean. I could probably use a spell like that if I needed to. Mostly I just kind of walk around and the animals come to me anyway. It's a gift, I guess. But I can't really go for a walk underwater, can I?" She says with a chuckle.

Slii Arhem
2013-02-26, 09:44 AM
[Deep-Sea Fishing]

"Oh, right, I see what you mean. I could probably use a spell like that if I needed to. Mostly I just kind of walk around and the animals come to me anyway. It's a gift, I guess. But I can't really go for a walk underwater, can I?" She says with a chuckle.

Deep-sea Fishing

"You could always go for a swim. I hear dolphins are very friendly normally, when they aren't being complete idiots and ramming things with their noses. I doubt you would have that problem with them with your magic." Shayan's vine comes up again, but this time much more slowly than before and with something coming up on the end of it rather than the end of the line tied to it. A rather large, wriggling dogfish shark hangs there in the air, flopping back and forth and trying to use its teeth to saw through the vine it's wrapped in.

Shayan gently lowers it into the boat before flicking her line out again, peering at it curiously, "It's actually kind of cute."

Gnrlshrimp
2013-02-26, 09:51 AM
[Deep-Sea Fishing]

"I could go for a swim, I suppose. I was hoping to be lazy today though." Isabelle mutters, sticking her tongue out at Shayan. She probably should've thought this out better. A plan consisting of lying on a boat and getting a tan and hoping the dolphins come to them is hardly that likely to succeed.

At least Shayan is fishing for stuff. It's certainly a step above doing nothing.

The dogfish's presence makes Isabelle shuffle back a little bit. It could thrash about a fair bit, and she'd rather not get too close to it.

"Well that's a rather nice catch, isn't it? At this rate you'll be pulling in a great white!"

Slii Arhem
2013-02-26, 09:59 AM
Deep-sea Fishing

Even though it's large for its breed, the dogfish is only about 4ft long at most. Isabelle might recognize the mildly poisonous spines in front of its dorsal fins though.

"I hope not. That one was nibbling on my vine to see if it was food, and once I got it out of the water it was heavy enough as it is. A larger shark would require me to have a more stable footing than I do right now." The shark doesn't thrash much, though it does snap its teeth shut when Shayan runs a vine down its back.

"I might just keep it as a pet if it stays alive long enough for us to finish our task. Hm, maybe I should put it in the hold with a little water, I think there was a tank down there for live specimens." She's not quite sure, since she just wound up musking some random fisherman and asking nicely for his boat to prepare for this trip. She reels both of her lines out of the water for now and heads for the hold to check.

Gnrlshrimp
2013-02-26, 10:09 AM
[Deep-Sea Fishing]

"I suppose he would make a nice little pet. I imagine you'd need to feed him live fish though. That, or you'd have to manually waggle around a dead fish or something to make him think it's alive, and that might be a little...risky. Although I suppose with your vines it probably wouldn't be so bad."

One would hope there's a tank for live specimens, otherwise they might have some difficulty transporting the dolphins back.

Alternately, Isabelle might already have a means of taking care of that.

She must've made at least some preparation for this trip, right? She remembered to bring Wallace at least!

Speaking of which, the bear peers at the dogfish with a faintly hungry look, earning a disapproving stare from his mistress, which results in him hanging his heads in shame.

Slii Arhem
2013-02-26, 10:15 AM
Deep-sea Fishing

Shayan comes back from the hold with good news and a bucket of fish guts.

Well, the good news actually is the bucket of fish guts.

"The fisherman I borrowed this boat from must have just come back from a successful trip. The freezer in the hold is packed with fish, and there is plenty of bait down there. There is a tank too, but it looks like it's only made to hold the occasional lobster or small fish. It would fit our friend here, but not any dolphins we bring aboard. We'll have to tie them up and drag them behind the boat like I first planned." Well of course, if Isabelle didn't think of it then Shayan obviously did. They think so differently that between the two of them they'll always have some sort of solution.

"Do you think Wallace is hungry? There is plenty down there to feed him and still toss a lot in the water to see if we can attract a school of dolphins." Looks like Isabelle can still be lazy on this trip after all.

Gnrlshrimp
2013-02-26, 10:24 AM
[Deep-Sea Fishing]

"Packed with fish, eh? Should I go fish out a few suitable, uh...fish. Wow, I didn't even realise that I'd made a terrible joke there, sorry. Anyway, should I go get a few fish out of the freezer and cook them then?" Isabelle offers.

Even if Shayan isn't hungry, I think Isabelle might well be.

"Wallace probably isn't hungry-" The bear growls grumpily, "But I'll defrost a few fish for him. anyway." And Wallace gives a throat growl of approval. "We can worry about how we'll get the dolphins back once we've caught them anyway. I've got a way of doing it that should be simpler, assuming it works."

Aand Isabelle heads off to check the contents of the freezer.

Slii Arhem
2013-02-26, 10:28 AM
Deep-sea Fishing

"I would rather cook the live one I've caught for us first, but the frozen ones should be fresh enough I suppose." Shayan's been spoiled by Cin cooking her proper meals instead of letting her subsist on her plant's dubious regeneration while she toils away in her labs.

She'll study the shark as Isabelle goes to the hold. The discreet burst of pollen she gave it as she lifted it out of the water seems to be doing its job of keeping it docile, so she'll leave it on the deck until Isabelle gets back.

Gnrlshrimp
2013-02-26, 10:36 AM
[Deep-Sea Fishing]

"Oh, I can cook the live one as well."

Aand a couple of minutes later, Isabelle returns with a few fish. Probably the ones she concluded would be tastiest out of all the ones in the freezer.

"Wallace, dear? Would you give me a little help, please?" Isabelle calls, and her bear obediently walks over and sits down beside her. "Don't worry, Wallace is quite clean. I always keep my animal friends nice and clean. Though I doubt a little dirt would affect you anyway."

As Isabelle gets to work on starting a little magical fire, Wallace displays a surprising amount of dexterity with his claws, slicing away all the bones and unpleasant bits from the fish, leaving just the tasty stuff behind.

"Thank you dear. Now move out the way, please. You can have the first fish for being so helpful."

Wallace moves back, and Isabelle gets a'cooking, tossing the first fish to the bear once it's been warmed up a little.

Slii Arhem
2013-02-26, 10:50 AM
Deep-sea Fishing

"Of course I don't mind. He's much better at it than I would be anyway." Shayan waits patiently for the fish to start cooking in earnest, leaning back to let her hand dangle in the water for a moment before gasping in mild surprise.

When she pulls the hand back up, a smaller but still sizable shark is attached to the end, clamped around her fingers up to the knuckle.

"I think this boat may have been illegally enchanted." How else would you explain all the fish lurking next to it? Shayan tries to pry the shark off with her other hand, but it has quite the grip to it.

McBish
2013-02-26, 11:47 AM
[Dragon Hunting]

With the bandits, there's the sound of someone hitting someone else in the head with the back of his hand, followed by more silenced struggling to free themselves from the evil tentacles.

Zorzo turns to John as he approaches. She's smiling...or was, at least, until he said there's a problem. "What? The dragon woke already?" Shoot! They didn't get to set up a proper trap or prepare themselves! Zorzo quickly puts a hand on her sword and looks at the skies, in case the dragon starts attacking right now.

"No not the dragon, the other bandits. It seems like they are going to throw a mutinity because they are feed up with their boss and his lady. I have them wrapped up for now but I think we should warn the couple." They seemed nice enough, I mean they gave Zorzo what they needed without a fight.

-------------------------

Jezebelle leans back, and pulls one leg across, intending to stradle his lap. Probably? she leans forward again, intending to kiss his neck.

"Definitly." He whispers into her ear as she kisses his neck. He puts his hands on her hips, not letting them wander too far. She had said she wanted to go slow so he leaves her in control.

inexorabletruth
2013-02-26, 01:56 PM
[Dir'ba Cave]

Gerbo stamps a foot down on the goblin's backside and wrenches the pick loose. After stumbling back a few steps, recently freed hooked hammer in hand, he looks back at the crazy harpy.

"You… wha? Sapphire's the goblin's pet?" He looks to his new traveling companions with a "huh?" expression on his face, but shrugs and heads over to the lamia to have a look. He doesn't know anything about healing, though. So he just squats down next to the Harpy to quietly lend emotional support until the strange creature seems okay to stand.

If it looks like the lamia is going to be alright, Gerbo retrieves his thunderstone, and goes to have a look at the dead goblin. After all, wizards always have cool alchemical items on hand, and he just used his last Alchemist's Fire.

Sonzai
2013-02-26, 04:31 PM
Dir'ba Cave

Kevin reloads, and puts away his crossbow, and walks over to Ruisphah and the lamia.

"Well, I've got a first aid kit, and a few HP-restoring granola bars, if those would help?" Kevin says, holding up said items.

Reinholdt
2013-02-26, 07:24 PM
"So it's built all to specifications then?" The man asks, looking over the blueprints and comparing it to the machines in front of him.
"To a T," the gnome foreman replies.
"You're fast."
"We're the best. The large bonus you're providing admittedly helped."
"You didn't cut corners did you?"
"What sort of crew do you take the Bringleworths Frizzlesprockets for?!"
"All right, all right. I had to make sure."
"We even set it up so the materials you need generate naturally. Just keep that area damp and you'll practically be growing the stuff."
"Really? That was... very kind of you."
"Yeah, well Kicthfinger wanted to try something new and this was his chance."

A few moments of silence ensues before the foreman clears his throat. "About that bonus..."
"Yes, yes. But first things first. Group picture."
"... Group picture?"
"Consider it a final request before payment due."
The foreman shakes his head a little. "Whatever. You're paying." He heads over to gather up the crew, mumbling something about weirdo under his breath.

Before long, the gnome crew had gathered up for a photo shoot. A motley crew for certain, but one full of comradery and brilliant minds and bright futures an-

BANG!BANG!BANG!

The first three shots took them by surprise before realization kicked in and the screaming started.

BANG!BANG!

The second two got off before what few gnomes now remained started to move. The shots reverberated off the cave walls making them seem a hundred times more devastating.

BANG!BANG!BANG!

Each gnome fell in turn, the foreman having just started reaching for his mecha-suit activation switch.

BANG!

But even moving, the shooter was no slouch of a marksman.

BANG!BANG!

Silence fell over the cave, near impossible to hear over the ringing in the man's ears. In time that faded as he walked around checking the results with a horrified grimace on his face. Only once it had stopped did he realize he could hear whimpering. He walks over to one of the gnomes he thought was dead, but had instead just been grievously wounded. He might have even escaped, if not for the cave amplifying the sound.

Once the gnome realizes he had been found out, he turns to look up at the man with a horrified expression and begs. "P-p-please, don't do this. I have a wife and five kids."
The man kneels down to the gnome's level. "I know. Rest easy," He says, putting a hand on the gnome's head. The gnome even almost relaxes before the man finishes.
"I sent them a very large severance package."

[B]BANG!

The man closes the gnome's eyes, before closing his own eyes and crying.

Gnrlshrimp
2013-02-27, 07:09 AM
Deep-sea Fishing

"Of course I don't mind. He's much better at it than I would be anyway." Shayan waits patiently for the fish to start cooking in earnest, leaning back to let her hand dangle in the water for a moment before gasping in mild surprise.

When she pulls the hand back up, a smaller but still sizable shark is attached to the end, clamped around her fingers up to the knuckle.

"I think this boat may have been illegally enchanted." How else would you explain all the fish lurking next to it? Shayan tries to pry the shark off with her other hand, but it has quite the grip to it.

"I...huh." Isabelle peers at the shark attached to Shayan and frowns. "That looks unpleasant. Stay still, Shayan. I'll deal with it. If you try and remove it forcibly, you'll probably only deal more damage to yourself."

Isabelle gets up, stretches, and walks over. She crouches down and reaches out to gently place one hand on top of the shark.

"Hush there, dear. Be a good little boy and let go of the nice lady's hand, hmm?" Though her words are no doubt total gibberish to the shark, nevertheless it will feel a strong compulsion to do exactly as she says.

"There's a good boy, hmm? You don't want to hurt anyone, do you?" She says softly, smiling. Unfamiliar as such concepts may be to the shark, it'll get the feeling that Isabelle is a nice, friendly person. Perhaps the shark should be friends with her? "Are there regulations preventing fishing boats from being enchanted? I would've thought this sort of practice is commonplace anyway."

Lex-Kat
2013-02-27, 09:32 AM

"Definitely." He whispers into her ear as she kisses his neck. He puts his hands on her hips, not letting them wander too far. She had said she wanted to go slow so he leaves her in control.

Jezebelle says nothing, just continues the make-out session. This may lead to heavy petting, but nothing more. And that will eventually lead to him sleeping alone, and she doing like-wise. But I think we should skip that part. :smallsmile:

The next day? :smallwink:

Slii Arhem
2013-02-27, 10:54 AM
"I...huh." Isabelle peers at the shark attached to Shayan and frowns. "That looks unpleasant. Stay still, Shayan. I'll deal with it. If you try and remove it forcibly, you'll probably only deal more damage to yourself."

Isabelle gets up, stretches, and walks over. She crouches down and reaches out to gently place one hand on top of the shark.

"Hush there, dear. Be a good little boy girl and let go of the nice lady's hand, hmm?" Though her words are no doubt total gibberish to the shark, nevertheless it will feel a strong compulsion to do exactly as she says.

"There's a good boy girl, hmm? You don't want to hurt anyone, do you?" She says softly, smiling. Unfamiliar as such concepts may be to the shark, it'll get the feeling that Isabelle is a nice, friendly person. Perhaps the shark should be friends with her? "Are there regulations preventing fishing boats from being enchanted? I would've thought this sort of practice is commonplace anyway."

Deep-sea Fishing

Shayan waits as the shark lets go and flops to the deck on its own. One of its teeth had come loose and is still embedded in her finger, but Isabelle can watch as the knitting muscle slowly forces the offending object out of the oracle's hand and sends it clattering to the deck. Within moments Shayan's hand is whole without a single scar to tell she'd ever been harmed, though her hand is now covered in blood and shark drool.

"I have no idea, but I think that we should permanently confiscate it from its owner under the suspicion that it is. How are those fish coming?" You know, the ones you left cooking Isabelle?

Gnrlshrimp
2013-02-27, 10:59 AM
[Deep-Sea Fishing]

"Well we're hardly the ones who should be confiscating things. We're villains! Or...something. AMEN is meant to be all evil and stuff anyway. But I suppose it would be nice to have a boat, so...we'll steal it! That sounds more evil, right?" Isabelle leans down to keep stroking the shark, seemingly in a bit of a world of her own. "Oh, the fish? Um, probably about done. Why don't you go get them. I'm going to take this shark and put her in the tank. I'll make sure to tell the two of them to behave!" And she'll go and do just that.

Slii Arhem
2013-02-27, 11:04 AM
Deep-sea Fishing

"No, on any other day we're villains. Today, I stole the official papers of the port authority before I knicked the boat, so I think that makes us the coast guard now. Or privateers? I do like the sound of the word, but I don't even own a tricorn hat." That is a dilemma, and one that probably won't be solved by tasty roasted fish.

Can't hurt to try though.

When Isabelle gets back she'll find Shayan delicately blowing on the fish, trying to cool it down enough to eat it properly. Isabelle's is sitting next to the fire on a tin plate scavenged from the hold.

Gnrlshrimp
2013-02-27, 11:10 AM
[Deep-Sea Fishing]

"I don't know. I don't think stealing those papers works like that. I'm pretty sure that just makes us more villainous." Isabelle shrugs and takes a seat, poking at the fish to test how hot it is. Finding it to still be rather on the warm side, she instead warms up a couple more fish for Wallace instead, while she waits. "I don't think it matters much anyway. Let's just hope your antics didn't attract too much attention, hmm? I don't think we'd stand much of a chance if they decided to send a battleship after us or something."

Slii Arhem
2013-02-27, 11:43 AM
Deep-sea Fishing

"I didn't foresee any danger for us resulting from my actions, and I'm usually quite good about that. Speaking of which, I'm not entirely certain about my current path at AMEN, which is the cause of much of my stress and therefore this little fishing trip." Well, the oracle doesn't sound stressed, but if she claimed she was so, perhaps it was true.

She digs into her fish by the time the first one of Wallace's is defrosted, letting the juices run down her chin.

Gnrlshrimp
2013-02-27, 11:58 AM
[Deep-Sea Fishing]

"Ah, more oracle stuff?" Isabelle asks, tossing another fish at Wallace and taking a bite out of her own fish. "Well if you say your boat borrowing won't put us in any danger, fair enough. What's got you so uncertain about your path at AMEN then?"

Slii Arhem
2013-02-27, 12:04 PM
Deep-sea Fishing

Shayan eats quietly for a while before finally having the nerve to say something, "Since knowing I would die if I stayed in my village, this is the first time I've known that if I don't change my path I will be faced with my near certain death."

Gnrlshrimp
2013-02-27, 12:10 PM
[Deep-Sea Fishing]

Well...

Isabelle stares blankly at Shayan for a moments. Seems she can't quite think of what to say to that.

Eventually she manages to get some words out, "Well, uh, that sounds...bad. So, what, you need to leave?"

Slii Arhem
2013-02-27, 12:20 PM
Deep-sea Fishing

"Either leave or try to convince mistress Ilpholin to change her hard-fought for plans at the last second. The latter scenario seems unlikely to me, I doubt she would take the probable loss of one of her scientists as anything more than acceptable casualties to achieve her ends." The oracle burps lightly and coughs, pulling an errant bone out of her throat.

"But even if I were to leave, I'm not certain I would do so without my closest associates, and I would have to think carefully on where I would go."

Gnrlshrimp
2013-02-27, 12:26 PM
[Deep-Sea Fishing]

"Your closest associates? Oh, right, you mean Cin?" Isabelle asks. Odd way to refer to him, in her opinion, but who is she to judge? Shayan is quite the odd character, after all.

As are most of the folks at AMEN, for that matter...

"Ilpholin does seem rather committed to this plan of hers, doesn't she? I wouldn't know where to suggest you go, either, I'm afraid."

Slii Arhem
2013-02-27, 12:31 PM
Deep-sea Fishing

"Not just Cin, no." Shayan's mouth twitches up into a private smile, quickly covered by another bite of fresh rainbow fish.

"So how do you feel about discussing mutiny on the high seas?"

Gnrlshrimp
2013-02-27, 12:50 PM
[Deep-Sea Fishing]

"Mutiny on the high seas? What, are we going to run away in this boat and never look back?" Isabelle chuckles at the thought, "Um, in all seriousness, I don't know. I mean...I've got to do all sorts of fun things at AMEN, but most of them have involved you in some way. The majority of AMEN doesn't have much to keep me there I guess, aside from some eye candy and curtaining. But I'm sure there's plenty of attractive people outside of AMEN too."

Slii Arhem
2013-02-27, 01:13 PM
Deep-sea Fishing

"Not now, when so much is undecided, but if by the time the plague is released my predictions haven't changed, my decision would be made for me. If you'd come with me then, it would be very preferable to risking death by staying there. If you choose to stay, then I think the risk of death would be a fair trade for your company."

Hattish Thing
2013-02-27, 07:03 PM
Meteor Hunting

He reaches for Enshadu, but he does not let go of the device in his hand. He has a very tight grip, and is many times stronger than a man. He never really cared for having assistance, especially when all three of his helpers combined couldn't do the work as fast as he could by himself. Um...don't take things away from me. I have a thing about that. I don't like to have things that are mine, my own, gone. So, don't touch. Okay? Why do you want elementium? Eh? It's not exactly rarest....at the moment at least, but when it's gone, it's gone. Ya know?And....I need it. So, take your rock. Eat it or something, I don't care. What do you eat? Books? Energy? Food? If you don't get your hands away from me perhaps I can find out with my trusty scalpel.