PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Descendants of Carceri (3.5e Monster, PEACH)

LOTRfan
2013-02-10, 09:06 PM
Tashiite
Large Monstrous Humanoid (Dragonblood, Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 6d8+12 (45 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 16 (+5 natural, +2 Dex, -1 size), touch 11, flatfooted 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+13
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+3 damage)
Full Attack: 4 Claws +9 melee (1d6+3 damage), and Bite +4 melee (1d8+1 damage)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Breath Weapon, Rake
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Freedom of Movement
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +5
Abilities: Str 17, Dex 14, Con 15, Int 7, Wis 10, Cha 8
Skills: Listen +2, Spot +11
Feats: Alertness, Improved Toughness, Recover Breath*
Environment: The Tarterian Depths of Carceri
Organization: Solitary, or Cult (1 Tarterian Dragon of Adult age or older, and 4-6 Tashiites)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually Chaotic Evil
Advancement: By Character Class
Level Adjustment: +0
*Feat Found in Draconomicon

This semi-humanoid creature ahead of you is absolutely heinous; its bare upper torso would definitely human-like were it not for its four arms, but its head is that of a giant vulture, its green eyes burning into your own. It has the scaly black hind legs and tail of a dragon.

The creatures who inhabit the perpetual prison plane of Carceri live their entire lives in misery. Always hoping to escape but never truly quite getting out of Carceri’s grasp. On the pale spheres of the darkened plane, there are few opportunities for pleasure or comfort, and those who find the opportunity –even if it is only for a brief time- take full advantage of it. From some of these shameful moments come the Tashiites, horrific monstrous humanoids who have a Tarterian Dragon in their far back in their ancestry.

Tashiites tend to be wretched souls, born into a punishment that they are undeserving of. As a result, Tashiites tend to have a very twisted view of the world, and while they might not have belonged in Carceri when born they usually fit right into its populace by the time they are adults. Given the extreme conditions in which they live, it may be unsurprising that Tashiites are extremely ruthless and opportunistic beings. Tashiites usually band together to fight off Gehreleths and other prisoners of the planes, though every once in a while they may be accepted as an “extended family” of a sorts by a Tarterian Dragon. The Tashiites usually revere this dragon as a god-like figure.

As to be expected from creatures descended from Tarterian Dragons, Tashiites are primarily found on the layers of Carceri that the dragons can be found on; namely, the jungle orbs of Cathrys (the second layer) and the mountainous orbs of Colothys (the fourth layer). Unfortunately, while most creatures on Carceri have some method of travel between the separate moonlets that make up the plane, Tashiites do not, and as a result are usually constrained to whatever orb they were born on. Though they are named for their appearance, which is reminiscent of the chaotic evil god Tash, there is no relation between them and the deity.

Tashiites stand about nine feet tall, and weigh roughly 400 pounds. Tashiites speak Abyssal and Draconic.

Combat
Tashiites rarely use weapons, preferring to use its vulture-like claws to rip apart enemies, but when they do they tend to be primitive bone weapons.

Breath Weapon (Su): As a standard action, a Tashiite may expel a cone of will-sapping gas. Creatures hit with the cone must make a Will save (DC Constitution-based), or suffer the effects of crushing despair. This affect lasts 3 rounds, and results in a -2 penalty on saving throws, attack/damage rolls, ability checks, and skill checks. A Tashiite can use this breath weapon once every 1d4 rounds.

Freedom of Movement (Su): Tashiites can move and attack normally even when affected by magic that usually impedes movement, like hold monster, paralysis effects, solid fog, web, and slow.

Rake (Ex): Attack bonus +9 melee, 2d6+3 damage.

Saves: Tashiite’s have a +2 bonus on saves made against charm, compulsion, or force-based effects.

Debihuman
2013-02-10, 09:41 PM
Bite is +4 melee not +7 damage. Secondary attacks are at a -5 penalty unless the creature has the multiattack feat (that brings the penalty to -2).

This creature is nowhere near LA +0. Who are you kidding? +1 for multiple arms, +1 for rake and freedom of movement and +1 for breath weapon. LA +3 and bordering on LA +4 since it has faster than average speed.

Technically this is a Large Creature not a Medium one. Medium maxs height at 8 feet. 40 feet is average speed for a Large creature and fast for a Medium one.

Debby

LOTRfan
2013-02-10, 09:56 PM
Bite is +4 melee not +7 damage. Secondary attacks are at a -5 penalty unless the creature has the multiattack feat (that brings the penalty to -2).

Whoops. Thank you for pointing out both mistakes.

This creature is nowhere near LA +0. Who are you kidding? +1 for multiple arms, +1 for rake and freedom of movement and +1 for breath weapon. LA +3 and bordering on LA +4 since it has faster than average speed.

Normally I would agree, but I think the Hit Dice (especially since it's Monstrous Humanoid HD) is punishment enough, no? I don't think that those abilities would make this creature the equivalent of a 9th/10th level character. What if I were to add a Level Adjustment of +1 and level it at that?

Technically this is a Large Creature not a Medium one. Medium maxs height at 8 feet. 40 feet is average speed for a Large creature and fast for a Medium one.

Debby

But it is Large. :smallconfused:

Thank you for the PEACH.

Debihuman
2013-02-18, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE=LOTRfan;14688793]Normally I would agree, but I think the Hit Dice (especially since it's Monstrous Humanoid HD) is punishment enough, no? I don't think that those abilities would make this creature the equivalent of a 9th/10th level character. What if I were to add a Level Adjustment of +1 and level it at that?[quote]

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monstersAsRaces.htm

It has 6 racial hit dice AND it should have LA +3. It doesn't get a pass just because it has racial hit dice.

Debby