PDA

View Full Version : Demonic Ascension (Any d20 System) Help

Jane_Smith
2013-02-10, 09:31 PM
I am trying to find a way in which I can turn a fiendish human into a half-fiend, or skip that, and then into a full demon/devil/outsider. The dm has already established that demons in this setting were created by both good and evil gods to be the publishers and keepers of lost, demented, faithless, or damaged souls the gods did not want or were unable to receive, and can be of ANY alignment. In his setting for example, the lord of the 7th layer of hell is actually in all respects sort of like a paladin. Hes a nice guy, talks to lost souls, protects the souls of children, but is also tasked with binding, distilling, torturing or outright annihilating the souls of the greatest sinners or monsters among mortals (or even immortals that have been imprisoned; as the dm specifically said the imprison spell sends the target to this plane to be chained down by this demon and his jailors for eternity).

So my character is playing a true neutral "tiefling" (just fiendish template in this game) human, who was summoned to the mortal realm by a group of cultists called the stygians who enslave and use demonic servants and magic for there own goals. Keep in mind they do not WORSHIP demons, they ENSLAVE them. So my character was one of the unfortunate demons (even though only a half breed), to be bled out for rituals or spell components, until she was rescued by the party later on. She tagged along, with no way home (yet) and has been generally been a morbid, slightly morally askew companion for the party, going as far as raising zombie bombers disguised as traveling priests to attack a cathedral of a group of homicidal paladin crusaders to kill there leader, with each zombie carrying roughly a hundred pounds of this settings equivalent of c4 to completely decimate every single person inside. Man, woman, child, it did not matter, as we are trying to stop a war by eliminating the man trying to instigate it. Though at the same time, saving a young woman from being murdered, slapping a duke for almost getting his daughter killed from ignorance, killing the mistress that was corrupting him, and then throwing his dead wife's pendant at him later to remind him to do what "HE" thinks is right and stop relying on others when he has his own two functioning hands. So good and evil actions all around.

Obviously she is growing more powerful with her time with this group of mortals, and has found a demon lord living among mortals to serve in exchange for information, a familiar that can be called with a magic talisman, and research to suit her goals, in exchange for objects, etc she finds in her travels to help in his own research. Her end goal however, is to ascend before (or if) she returns home; to become a full demon.

For this purpose, I have found a spell from 3.0 that allows you to turn a subject into a half-fiend for like 5k gold, but i am attempting to become a full fledged demon via template if possible (as human benefits are gained by experience and adaptability, it seems unlikely id lose the skills/etc i gained as my time as one), but I have been unable to find any prestige classes, spells, rituals, etc, to turn someone into say, a succubus, a pit fiend, or a maraleth.

Does anyone know of any means at all to become a full fledged demon (mainly ones where I have a choice of which demon I become, random will do no good, as my back story already has my bloodline tagged)? It can be from any setting or d20 system, so long as it can be "roughly" translated into pathfinder.

Crake
2013-02-10, 10:44 PM
Considering the vast level of homebrew that's already taken place in your campaign world, I think the best course of action would actually be to simply talk to your DM and see if he can hash out some rules for it.

Aside from that, maybe take a look at the "Becoming a monster" chapter in savage species?

Edit: More specifically the Ritual of Unlearning on page 149, it trades character levels for the starting ECL of the target creature.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-02-10, 10:52 PM
I believe that this (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040319a) combined with this (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060630a), mixed with the MM stats should be enough to help you out.

Worst case scenario, you and your DM could work out a 5 level prestige class from those for you to take.