PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Assassin Prestige Class {{Please critque}}

ngilop
2013-02-10, 09:47 PM
Hello everybody, I was looking for a particualr rogue/fighter Prc that fits the concept fo a in your face kill you dead assassin which i posted here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14687180#post14687180) and though the base core of the ghost faced killer and Dread Commando were indeed what I would like, I didn;t want the supernatural aspect of the GFK nor the team focused abilities of the DC so I made the Warrior Assassin, I also plan on making a Hidden Assassin that is more along the lines of a not so much spellc aster but supernatural assassin VERy similar to the GFK! anyways take a look and let me know if you like it and what, if anything, I cna do to make it better or round out the concept

Warrior Assassin
\n\n\t
[tr]
Level
BAB
Fort
Ref
Will
Special

[td]1st
+1
+2
+2
+0
Move With ease, Bonus Feat

2nd
+2
+3
+3
+0
Sneak Attack +1d6

3rd
+3
+3
+3
+1
Bonus Feat

4th
+4
+4
+4
+1
Improved Uncanny Dodge, Combat Grace

5th
+5
+4
+4
+1
Sneak Attack +2d6

6th
+6
+5
+5
+2
Final Stroke, Bonus Feat

7th
+7
+5
+5
+2
Inescapable Death

8th
+8
+6
+6
+2
Sneak Attack +3d6

9th
+9
+6
+6
+3
Bonus Feat

10th
+10
+7
+7
+3
Coup de Main

Alignment: Any Evil
Hit Die: 1d8

Class Skills:
Class Skills: The warrior assassin’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Disable Device (Int), Disguise (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), and Use Rope (Dex).
Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier

Requirements
Base Attack Bonus +4
Sneak Attack +2d6

Class abilities

Move with Ease {Ex}: A warrior assassin epitomizes agility and athleticism. He gains a +1 competence bonus on all Climb and Jump checks, this increases by 1 at every 3rd level thereafter. In addition, warrior assassins reduce the armor check penalty of any armor with which you are proficient by 1 (to a minimum of 0). At 5th level, this reduction increases to 2 points (to a minimum of 0)., And again at 9th level, this reduction increases to 3 points (to a minimum of 0).

Sneak Attack {Ex}: This is exactly like the rogue ability of the same name. The extra damage dealt increases by +1d6 at 2nd level every third level there after (2nd, 5th, and 8th). If a warrior assassin gets a sneak attack bonus from another source the bonuses on damage stack.

Final Stroke {Ex}: A warrior assassin may choose to deliver a sneak attack to paralyze an opponent. The victim of the final stroke must make a Fortitude saving throw (DC 10 + the warrior assassin’s class level +Intelligence modifier). Failing this saving throw results in paralysis, which renders the victim helpless and unable to act for 1d6 rounds plus 1 round per class level of the warrior assassin . If the victim succeeds at the saving throw, the attack is just like a normal sneak attack. The warrior assassin may deliver a final stroke any time he could normally make a sneak attack.

Combat Grace {Ex}: A warrior assassin gains a +2 perfection bonus to initiative checks this increases by 1 at 7th and 10th level. Additionally the warrior assassin gains a dodge bonus to armor class equal to this number.

Inescapable Death {Ex}: When a warrior assassin sets out to end a life, almost nothing can deter the shadow of death from falling over the chosen victim. When the warrior assassin selects his next victim, he gains a +1 perfection bonus per sneak attack die to attack rolls, skill checks, and AC against that opponent until his victim is slain. Until that target is slain, the warrior assassin may not select another victim for the shadow of death. If the warrior assassin fights another enemy while his chosen victim still lives, his unfinished assassination acts as a distraction and he suffers a –1 penalty per sneak attack die to attack rolls.

Coup de Main {Ex}: The warrior assassin moves with a decisive suddenness that can take opponents off-guard and give him the advantage in a confrontation. During a standard attack or a full attack the warrior assassin gains one addition attack at their highest base attack bonus -5. This extra attack only adds half the normal sneak attack dice.

Bonus Feat: A warrior assassin can select a fighter bonus feats he has the prerequisites for.

Levels in warrior assassin stack with levels in fighter to determine prerequisites for feats and progression of other abilities.

ngilop
2013-02-10, 09:50 PM
Hidden Assassin
\n\n\t
[tr]
Level
BAB
Fort
Ref
Will
Special

[td]1st
+0
+0
+2
+0
Sneak Attack +1d6, Hidden Step, Death Attack

2nd
+1
+0
+3
+0
Stance of the Ghost Assassin, Improved Uncanny Dodge

3rd
+2
+1
+3
+1
Sneak Attack +2d6, Deadly Stalker

4th
+3
+1
+4
+1
Defensive Roll

5th
+3
+1
+4
+1
Sneak Attack +3d6

6th
+4
+2
+5
+2
Shadow Leap

7th
+5
+2
+5
+2
Sneak Attack +4d6

8th
+6
+2
+6
+2
Reaper's Touch

9th
+6
+3
+6
+3
Sneak Attack +5d6

10th
+7
+3
+7
+3
Hand of Ghostly Death

Alignment: Any Evil
Hit Die: 1d6

Class Skills:
Class Skills: Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), and Use Rope (Dex).
Skill Points at Each Level: 6 + Int modifier

Requirements:
Sneak Attack 4d6
Hide 10 ranks
Skill Focus: move silently

Sneak Attack: This is exactly like the rogue ability of the same name. The extra damage dealt increases by +1d6 every other level (1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 9th). If a hidden assassin gets a sneak attack bonus from another source the bonuses on damage stack.

Death Attack: If a hidden assassin studies his victim for 3 rounds and then makes a sneak attack with a melee weapon that successfully deals damage, the sneak attack has the additional effect of possibly either paralyzing or killing the target (hidden assassin’s choice). While studying the victim, the hidden assassin can undertake other actions so long as his attention stays focused on the target and the target does not detect the hidden assassin or recognize the hidden assassin as an enemy. If the victim of such an attack fails a Fortitude save (DC 10 + the hidden assassin’s class level + the hidden assassin’s Int modifier) against the kill effect, she dies. If the saving throw fails against the paralysis effect, the victim is rendered helpless and unable to act for 1d6 rounds plus 1 round per level of the hidden assassin. If the victim’s saving throw succeeds, the attack is just a normal sneak attack. Once the hidden assassin has completed the 3 rounds of study, he must make the death attack within the next 3 rounds.

Hidden Step {Su}: As a swift action a Hidden Assassin can become invisible for 1 round plus 1 round per Intelligence modifier twice per day. A hidden assassin can use this ability one additional time per day for every three class levels gained above 1st (3/day at 4th level, 4/day at 7th level, and 5/day at 10th level).

Stance of the Ghost Assassin {Su}: As a move action the hidden assassin surrounds himself in grave-like mist granting him concealment for 3 rounds. A hidden assassin can only use this ability once per encounter.

Deadly Stalker {Ex}: A hidden assassin gains a +1 competance bonus for every 2 levels to his Hide and Move Silently. At 10th level a hidden assassin is considered to be taking 10 on all Hide and Move Silently checks unless specificed otherwise.

Defensive Roll {Ex}: as the Rogue ability of the same name.

Shadow leap {Su}: A hidden assassin can teleport up to 100 feet as a standard action

Reaper's Touch {Ex}: At 8th level a hidden assassin chooses between one of the two following abilities. Once a day per intelligence modifier (up to once per every 2 levels) make a death attack withouth having first have to observe the victimf or 3 rounds; Or increase the DC of your death attack by double you intelligence modifier (or by 1 per 2 levels max).

Hand of Ghostly Death {Su}: As a move action a hidden assasin can become ethereal for 1 round. By the end of the round the hidden assassin must make 1 attack, which is a touch attack, causing the target to take 2d6 ability damage of the hidden assassins choice of either Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution. In addition the target suffers a -1 to to his next attack, skill or save per sneak attack dice within the next 2 rounds.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ still a work in progress}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Zman
2013-02-10, 10:10 PM
I like this the best out of your Homebrew that I've looked at.

I'd make Move with Ease's bonus to Jump and Climb one per two class levels, no reason not too and they certainly wont break anything.

Also, your Grace ability, I feel as if the Dodge bonus should be accumulated gradually.

ngilop
2013-02-12, 09:03 PM
there finishded my Hidden Assassin.

thanks for the nice words Zman. its funny the thing i spent the least amount of time on ( i maybe spent 4 or 5 minutes on the warrior assassin) is what you like the best :)

Gnomes2169
2013-02-13, 12:54 AM
For your Hidden Assassin's Shadow Leap ability, maybe you want to specify that it can only be used in a place with shadows? You know, just to fit with the name and all. :smalltongue: And what bonus does the Hidden Assassin get from Ghost Stance? Other than these notes, everything looks good. :smallbiggrin:

ngilop
2013-02-15, 02:46 PM
There, made some corrections and cleaified a few things