PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Please help with NPC creation.

IIzak
2013-02-11, 02:16 AM
Ok, So I kind of got bogged down between my last session and I procrastinated a bit and I just am hitting a block on this so I'm asking for help. I need a lvl 13 wizard thats powerful enough to take on a group of 6 lvl 11 PC's as well as some sort of lvl 13 fighter-ish character (for the same group)

They should be kind of final boss type powerful characters please I'm desperate and need help making the character sheets (Mainly logistics, I already have temperments down) All books are allowed and feel free to add any sort of prestige class to these that you like. The mage should be some sort of warmage/battle mage, while the fighter is an army general, again please help and thank you for your time.

AlanBruce
2013-02-11, 04:26 AM
I ran similar scenario awhile back. There was an ilumian warmage3/rainbow servant 10. Grated, i altered some of the pre-requisites, but she was not overpowered at all. She could fly naturally, blast from afar and with the right equipment, not even get hit.

For the fighter type, what about an astral stalker (MM3) with a level in assassin? I believe it qualifies. It has the buildup of a warrior because of outsider HD and can hide, sneak attack, poison the party from 180ft. away with a throat dart. I think it gets UMD, so that gives him even more magic at its disposal.

DMVerdandi
2013-02-11, 04:34 AM
Ok, So I kind of got bogged down between my last session and I procrastinated a bit and I just am hitting a block on this so I'm asking for help. I need a lvl 13 wizard thats powerful enough to take on a group of 6 lvl 11 PC's as well as some sort of lvl 13 fighter-ish character (for the same group)

They should be kind of final boss type powerful characters please I'm desperate and need help making the character sheets (Mainly logistics, I already have temperments down) All books are allowed and feel free to add any sort of prestige class to these that you like. The mage should be some sort of warmage/battle mage, while the fighter is an army general, again please help and thank you for your time.

For the wizard, give him the Spontaneous divination & Combat Wizard Alternate class features.
Have him pick up Martial Weapon proficiency ASAP.

Give him the levels Wizard 5/Eldritch Knight 3/Abjurant Champion 5

For the warrior, I will assume that you AREN'T using tob, cause if you were I would simply tell you level 13 warblade. But assuming you aren't...

I will give you two options. Magical Warrior and non-magical warrior.
The first is Cleric 13. Give him the spontaneous domain casting acf, and choose the war and strength domains. make war the domain of choice.

Non-magical?
Factotum 1/Spirit lion totem barbarian 1/ Thug(Variant fighter) 11

Give the thug the fighter's sneak attack ACF
Pick up Able Learner as one of the first feats you have for factotum skill love.
Get yourself an Item familiar and the leadership feat too.

Decent skills, pounce, and sneak attacking.
It's basically a beefy rogue.