PDA

View Full Version : Cloud City: Ralph and Luciens trap

BelGareth
2013-02-11, 03:59 AM
Ralph and Luciens trap

The two of you take off from the rest of the group, morale high after having reunited with your lost friend, and hopes high.

It was obvious it was a trap, after all.

Right?

You found the the castle easily, no one could miss it, traveling through the noble district you actually think you passed the same one you holed in before...or later...or in...the future?

Either way, you walk up to the main gates, the shiny polished metal of the Royal guards almost blinding you as you do, their Halberds standing tall in the air. They passively scan you as you walk to the side entrance, where the common folk permitted to enter do so.

There you walk up to the shack built onto the side, at the counter is another royal guardsman, this one seems to be happy and young, most likely a new recruit given the worst assignment.

He looks at both of you and looks quizzically at his roster.
"What can I do fer you lads?" he asks happily, but obviously confused.

Sparrow
2013-02-11, 04:34 PM
Ralph walks up the man, searching through his pockets for the letter. Oh no, did he lose it... oh nope, there it was, nevermind. He pulled the letter out and held it before the guard. "We have a letter from the master chef, clearly stating that we need to get in this entrance."

Ralph finishes, holding the letter out for the guard to take, if he needs to read it.

GuyFawkes
2013-02-11, 08:39 PM
Lucien

Lucien calmly follows Ralph towards the young guardsman. Of course he could only let Ralph do all the talking, as he is just tagging along. He tries to suppress an urge to sigh audibly as Ralph seems to ahve lost the letter, and upon his presenting it to the guard, he adds, "Yeah, what he said."

Sparrow
2013-02-11, 08:51 PM
Ralph hears Lucien's sigh and looks back for a second. "Oh as if you've never lost something." he says, with humor in his voice.

BelGareth
2013-02-11, 09:28 PM
The young man looks to you as you fondle your person for the apparent 'letter'.

His eyes shine as you reveal it after several moments.

"Aye, this be good nuff fer me!" he says "Let me send a runner to the kitchens ta make sure, like."

And with that, he makes an arm gesture and a boy comes from inside the shop and runs off, presumably to the kitchens.

Sparrow
2013-02-11, 09:48 PM
Ralph steps back, after a small bow, and turns toward Lucien. He whispers just loud enough for Lucien to hear, "No going back now. Better be ready for anything now."

GuyFawkes
2013-02-12, 09:45 AM
Lucien

Lucien nods and whispers back, "Yeah, I heard ya. I got your back." Lucien looks around to survey their surroundings. He makes a mental note on all the doors, hallways, windows, and other important things such as items which could be used as weapons, hindrances, and the like.

BelGareth
2013-02-20, 02:26 PM
The young guard looks casually at some papers then sits back down, not caring to cater to any awkward social chatter.

Minutes pass by and you start to wonder what the hell has happened to the boy, is this really a trap or have you entered into some sort of hellish limbo, where waiting on a bored guardsman is your eternal torture.

But alas, you are still alive, evidence to the fact the boy pops his head in and whispers something to the guard who nods, seemingly happy with the information.

Standing, he gestures you both to the door to his side.

"Welcome, The cook is waiting for you in the kitchens, follow Pedro here and he'll take you there."

You follow the boy, who seemed to zip and stall, loll and stand around as he waited for you to lumber behind him, slow as you in your senior years.

He takes you inside the walls, which takes a good while as you pass under the incredibly wide crenelated walls. And then guides you through a side hatch, obviously designed for the help from the tiny size of the door and inconspicuous way it was hidden. He then leads through several tunnels, some opening up to stables, where horses neigh as you pass, others go in behind common rooms, past loud obnoxious rooms of guards at rest, sleeping or otherwise, until finally you come to a large loud double doorway, which is obviously the kitchen just from the smell that you were able to take in from at least few doors down.

He stops and looks at you both "Kitchen here!" he yells out in a squeaky voice and then runs off.

Looking at the double doors, you move forward to open them but are almost bowled over by a larger lady bearing several platters of steaming food, she looks at you both with a scowl about to yell at you, then realizes you are not with the staff and storms off cursing under her breath.

Entering the kitchen a little more tepidly, you manage not to get knocked over, finding yourself in a huge room which could challenge the market square for noise and vastness.

A short squat man, with a large white chefs hat turns to you instantly, eyeing you with suspicion until what seems to be recognition at who you are, stalling the tirade from his mouth.

"You! Yes! I asked for you HOURS ago! What took you so long?" he waves his hand dismissing his own question "We need you!" he points to Ralph "Who the hell are you? I didn't summon you!"

Sparrow
2013-02-20, 10:15 PM
"Calm down, he's a friend. A friend who was with me when you summoned me. Now, what is so urgent?" Ralph said, in a calming voice.

GuyFawkes
2013-02-21, 10:22 PM
Lucien

Lucien shrugs and points at Ralph. "Yeah, what he said. Don't mind me."

BelGareth
2013-03-05, 03:17 PM
"Don't Mind you he says!" quoting with his fingers as he does "Who the hell are you to say so? huh? I ask for you, because the bitch of a princess needs her boyfriend, and he has the audacity to come in here and shrug like he is some whining itchy prostitute!" He puts his hand to his forehead, a dramatic pose if you ever did see and sighs audibly.

"Oh, I'm going to need some rest after this!" He points to a larger woman, one stirring a pot many times the size of herself "Beatrice! take them to her ladies quarters!"

She nods glumly and leaves the spoon in the congealed soup like mix she was stirring, you can't be sure, but you swear you saw something move in it.

She just walks away, not caring if you follow or not, when you do, she huffs, as if it were something that was taking her away from her important work.

Minutes later she starts to take you downwards, and you realize you are going towards what must be the basement, and as most castles are laid out, the dungeons. She passes the guards, who smile at her approach as she does, and they let her past, giving you both dirty looks and then she stops by a barred door, motioning to it.

GuyFawkes
2013-03-05, 10:13 PM
Lucien

Lucien's mouth just drops open at the words of the old chef, his face contorts in confusion. It stays that way until he finishes.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Where did all the hate come from?!" he exclaims as they are out of the man's earshot. "You. What did you to the poor old man, you whiny itchy prostitute, you?" he added in mock contempt, before just shrugging and shaking his head. "Seriously, he needs that rest."

For the rest of the walk, Lucien is silent and observes where they were going, and when he notices the destination, his eyebrows raise.

"Wait, he said the lady's quarters, right? What's this?"

Sparrow
2013-03-05, 10:48 PM
"I um... I'm not quite sure. Doesn't look right. Maybe she's setting up foreplay or something, but I doubt it." Ralph added humorously, trying to keep a cool mind to the situation. "After all, I'm just the whiny itchy prostitute."

BelGareth
2013-03-08, 01:41 PM
The silent cook who led you here merely shrugs and walks off, not caring or not knowing the answers to your questions.

By the flicker of torchlight, you can barely see into the cell through the small barred window at the top of the door.

You see and hear movement and then there is a face behind the bars, eyes wide and mouth agape.

"Ralph? What are you doing here? I told you not to come!", it takes ralph a moment, but he soon realizes he is looking at his girlfriend.

Whats her name again?

Sparrow
2013-03-09, 05:05 PM
We never chose a name, I was leaving it up to you. So, I'll use Charlotte as a space filler, if you want to change it, feel free.

Ralph was having trouble compartmentalizing. Obviously he had walked into a trap which he full expected, but he didn't expect her to be locked in a cell. He had to act unsuspecting though.

"Charlotte, what do you mean? I was told you wanted to see me..." He quickly eyed the guards, watching them. He motioned toward them where they could not see, but Lucien could. The sign would be obvious to him, keep your eyes open.

GuyFawkes
2013-03-10, 12:40 PM
Lucien

Before Ralph even signaled him, Lucien is on his guard. He signals back with his eyes and backs up to the wall, his body slowly and hopefully inconspicuously facing the guards. He did not understand what was going on there, but he understands he should be ready for whatever comes at them at that point.

BelGareth
2013-03-12, 02:16 PM
Lucy looked at you bewildered and not catching on at all.

"I am to be executed! And...and....you are too! Oh why did you come Ralph?" she cries out as guards move to either end of the hallway, blocking any chance of escape.

You see at least 4 guards either side of the narrow hallway, swords drawn and ready. One has a set of manacles ready for Ralph.

"Hold on boy," he says in a dark deep voice, almost gentle "We don't want no harm done..."

We'll go with Lucy for reasons I will not get into.
And also, your choice, you can fight your way through....or surrender.

Sparrow
2013-03-12, 07:26 PM
Ralph rolled his eyes. "You have got to be f***ing kidding me." He draws his rapier and snaps the dagger from its wrist sheathe. "Neither do I, but there is no way you're gonna execute any of us." He looked at Lucien. He didn't want to hurt the guards, but he wasn't about to give up his life for no reason. "What are the charges?" He asked the guards, still ready to fight if he needed to.

BelGareth
2013-03-12, 10:40 PM
The guard blinks as you draw your weapons seeing that you are obviously capable with them. Which seems to surprise him.

"Uh, you don't even know?" he chuckles a deep baritone laugh "for deflowering this here girl!" they all laugh at that, everyone, the sound of the laughter echoes off the walls and Lucy welps and then throws herself to the floor sobbing.

"and who said we wanted to execute you?"

Sparrow
2013-03-12, 11:51 PM
"D-deflowe... I did no such thing." Ralph looked toward Lucien for help, he eyed he barred door, sliding his hand toward his lockpick set. Then he eyed the guards. "I'm not going with you because of some trumped up charges." He looked around the room, trying to find something to incapacitate the guards with, but not kill them.

GuyFawkes
2013-03-14, 01:45 AM
Lucien

"What?! You did what to this girl now?" Lucien exclaims loudly. He sees the threat, but does not exactly know what course to take, so he tries to stall with words.

"Hey, hey, hey! Hold yer horses, mates! I was with this man for a few days and I can assure you there was no deflowering or anything of the sort that happened. Clearly you are making this up. What do you have to say for yourselves, huh?"

BelGareth
2013-03-14, 03:28 PM
"Pffft! no you wasn't, we have eye witnesses putting him in her 'princesses' bedchambers!" They all move forward and few feet or two.

"Now, we don't no issue with you mate, we want the boy here, but we'll clap you into manacles if need be. Stand aside now."

Sparrow
2013-03-14, 04:02 PM
So... No way to conveniently knock these guys out... Oh well I guess, just because Ralph is Neutral with good tendencies doesn't mean I have a problem offing a few guards.

"I... I don't want to fight, but you don't know who you're messing with." Ralph twirled his short sword((because i forgot his short sword is his new main weapon)) and flipped his dagger around in his hand. "Lucien, work on getting her out. I'll take these guys." He motioned toward the lock picks on his belt, signifying that Ralph would let him use them if he needed them.

BelGareth
2013-03-14, 05:34 PM
Top of Round 1

{table=head]Character|Initiative
Ralph|15
Lucien|14
Guards|9
Lucy|8[/table]

Map
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-lf25USUMiNE/UUJODI-zNuI/AAAAAAAACzE/vhNpmGGHCtM/s912/round%25201.jpg

Sparrow
2013-03-14, 06:06 PM
Looking again at how out-numbered he would be, Ralph says "Nevermind Lucien, you think you can take that side?" Without waiting for a response, Ralph engages the right side and quickly strikes at the first guard.

Sadly, I didn't bother too much with diplomacy. Time to fight our way out of a palace.

Movement: Ralph to P6
Strike at Q6 with short sword:
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Sneak Attack: [roll2]

I'm still and probably always will be confused on the two weapon fighting rules, I assume I only get this one attack.

Edit: Yep, we're screwed. The pansy noble (ralph) is gonna get us killed.

GuyFawkes
2013-03-15, 02:08 AM
Lucien

The half elf simply shrugs and smiles with Ralph's instructions. With one swift movement his hand swipes at Ralph's belt, snatching the lock picks, and with that same movement, throws them at Lucy. "If you would, my Lady. I think you can manage. Or you should. The boys have to tango." When he sees Ralph dashing forward, he remarks, "Man, and I thought I was the impulsive one."

Turning towards the other group of guards, Lucien puts on a smirk. "Now, now, don't be hasty. We can all talk this through like grown men. No need for violence. No? Well then,"

With that Lucien puts his hand inside his pouch and seems to retrieve something from inside it. He begins to chant some arcane words while his hands move in a series of lines and circles. His voice is in a crescendo and when it reaches its climax, Lucien gestures to the space before him, where vicious-looking creatures appear, as many as there are guards before him. He then draws his sword and creates a copy in his off-hand.

"I think I got the numbers game out of the way. Let's dance, shall we?"

Standard Action: Cast Silent Image to create Hell Hounds at H7 to J7 and I6 to J6.
Move Action: Draw longsword.
Free Action: Activate Arcane Fission to create a copy of the longsword.

BelGareth
2013-03-15, 03:56 PM
Ralph leaps forward easily catching the guards by surprise he stabs the first one through the chest, leaving a small bloody whole in the large man. Lucien takes the time to cast his spell and to great response, not a one stands in the face of a pack of Hell Hounds and they all flee, albeit, making a terrible noise and yelling Demons! as they ran.

Top of Round 2

Ralph|15
Lucien|14
Guards|9
Lucy|8[/table]

Map
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-WGgAE0bqEOk/UUOK52btP5I/AAAAAAAACzg/-P4DM-5bxo8/s800/round%25202.jpg

Sparrow
2013-03-16, 12:04 PM
Ralph lashes out at the same guard, trying to correct his previous mistake of letting the man stay standing.

This is pretty much what i got right now. I haven't got my rogue shenanigans for making someone flat-footed.

Attack 1: +1 Short Sword
Attack: [roll0]
Confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Attack 2: +2 Dagger
Attack: [roll3]
Confirm: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

BelGareth
2013-03-19, 11:48 AM
The guards rush Ralph but fail to penetrate his defenses, halting just around him and not able to move any further.

Lucy misses the keys and drops to the dark floor not able to find them.

Lucien's actions: next.

sorry, forgot their actions

GuyFawkes
2013-03-20, 01:01 PM
Lucien

"Every single time," the trickster says to himself with a grin. Then, as he hears the sounds of metal hitting metal from behind him, Lucien quickly spins around, remembering the fight is not over.

"Hey!"

Lucien shouts as he runs over towards Ralph. "You just don't know when to quit, do you? All right!"

While he talks, he waves his hand, as if motioning at the pack of hell hounds behind him, and as soon as he does, they rush towards him and the guards.

"I'd hate to do it, but one word from me and I'll have them biting down your throats! Now scram!"

Move Action: Move to N6.
Standard Action: Move the image to L-M6 and L-N7.

BelGareth
2013-03-20, 01:21 PM
Ralph Stabs the lead guard solidly once again, his second off arm missing him wide.

Lucien sends his hell hounds towards them and they don't seem phased, intent on the combat ensuing before them.

Top of Round 3

Ralph|15
Lucien|14
Guards|9
Lucy|8[/table]

Map
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-mvmGyFH3L38/UUn9ySGcCkI/AAAAAAAAC94/v0QbuKZzcyk/s640/round%25203.jpg

The guards move forward letting more fill in behind them. 3 of them slash out at Ralph with one hitting true, still they seemingly ignore the hell hounds.

Lucy is still fumbling on the floor of her cell.

Ralph you took 5 slashing damage.

Sparrow
2013-03-24, 02:12 PM
Ralph cleared his mind, he couldn't think of these people as men, he had to think of them as the enemy. He closed his eyes quickly and dug deep. Searching for the most hatred he could find and he found it. When he opened his eyes, he pictured the men before him as the zombies who had taken his friend, the ones who had taken Annalyn. He lashed out at the same 'zombie' for the third time.

Striking same guy with both weapons.

Shortsword:
Attack:[roll0]
Confirm:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]

Dagger:
Attack:[roll3]

And that my friends, is why flavor matters.

GuyFawkes
2013-03-24, 03:18 PM
Lucien

"Oh, for cryin' out loud," the half elf exclaims as his tactics does not work the second time. He calms himself and steadies his stance, ready to go toe to toe with the guards, as the situation calls for.

"You asked for it!"

Lucien's oultine disappeared in a blur and went through the sputtering image of the hell hounds. When he appears in full view, two longswords bear down on the nearest guard from both sides, like the fangs of a wild beast. He then brings both blades to his sides, arms crossed, and swings his arms open, both swords acting like a big pair of scissors.

Full Round Action: Charge Full Attack at guard on P7 (Lucien ends up on O7).
Attack 1: [roll0]

Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Attack 3: [roll4]

Attack 4: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

BelGareth
2013-03-26, 01:14 PM
how do you have 4 attacks?

GuyFawkes
2013-03-27, 12:39 AM
Uhm, Improved Two Weapon Fighting. I'm at level 6 already so I get 3 attacks from BAB and TWF, plus 1 more attack from ITWF.

BelGareth
2013-03-27, 06:45 PM
Lucien moves forward as he splits his weapon in two, he attacks the first guardsman under a brutal assault and display of swordsmanship, he managed to hit the guard scoring a wound

Top of Round 4

Ralph|15
Lucien|14
Guards|9
Lucy|8[/table]

Map
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-N3cmeK2NaoE/UVOCxSTOJ8I/AAAAAAAADAQ/eg_GEBhwLP0/s912/round%25204.jpg

The guards surge forward and two of them strike at Ralph scoring hits.

Lucy is still fumbling on the floor of her cell. Still.

Ralph you took 10 and 8 slashing damage.

Sparrow
2013-03-27, 06:57 PM
As two guards slash Ralph's flesh, he staggers back. His arm bled, more than he would have liked. But nonetheless, he kept at his attacks. Ralph is very unoptimized.

Short sword

Dagger
Confirm:[roll4]
Damage:[roll5]

Ralph isn't gonna get his lock picks back,is he?

GuyFawkes
2013-03-28, 01:49 AM
Lucien

With the guards not relenting on their attacks against Ralph, he takes the opportunity to attack.

"Hey princess, any chance you might open your locks anytime soon? Just askin! Not that we're havin' our hands full here or somethin'!" he says as he bears down another flurry of swings at his target.

Full Round Action: Full Attack on the guard at 06.
Attack 1: [roll0]

Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Attack 3: [roll4]

Attack 4: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

BelGareth
2013-03-30, 11:15 AM
Lucien rattles off another blurry combo that manages to strike the guard twice, slicing his chest and arm, making them bleed, but the man grunts through the pain and continues on.

Ralph manages to score on his guard both times, his main arm finding a spot between his armor and his dagger coming up an around to slice at the mans neck, missing the carotid artery by inches.

Top of Round 5

Ralph|15
Lucien|14
Guards|9
Lucy|8[/table]

Map

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-NuGUI-hCsA4/UVcQILxOS6I/AAAAAAAADAw/g_gdN8GjUko/s912/round%25205.jpg

The guards move forward again, they seem to be well trained, as they move into position around you both. But even their numbers couldn't help them hit, with Ralph being hit twice more.

Lucy manages to find the lockpicks and is finally trying to open the door, although she doens't really know what shes doing.

"Oh dear!, erm, oh, I..."

Ralph you took 4 and 5 slashing damage.

GuyFawkes
2013-03-30, 12:29 PM
Lucien

Seeing Ralph getting hit by more attacks, Lucien's mind before would have gone into panic mode, but having faced tougher situations in the past few days - or days to come - makes him able to stick his head up and think of a way out.

Surrounded. One, two, three, four, five.

He then looks left at his images, the hell hounds, looking stupid with their unsightly mugs and unnatural silence. His trick had worked once, indeed, but looking at it useless there pisses him off.

Wait...

A flash of an idea. In an instant, Lucien turned and faced the image, shouted "Should've paid attention to my pets!" and cut down with one of his swords with one swift slash. As soon as the blade connects with the image...

BOOM!!

An explosion, more of pure arcana than heat and pressure of an exothermic reaction of a typical one, sends waves of arcane energy within their immediate vicinity.

As soon as the explosion dissipates, Lucien moves towards the space vacated by his now nowhere to be seen hell hound.

"Hey Ralph, back up a bit. You're surrounded there!"

Standard Action: Attack my hell hound on N7.
Immediate Action: Use Arcane Detonation on destroyed image.
Use all 4 surges to increase damage by +2d6 and radius of explosion by 20 ft (total 5d6 damage and 30 ft radius).
Damage: [roll0]
Move Action: Move to N7.

Sparrow
2013-03-30, 01:48 PM
"You don't say Lucien?"

Ralph looks around, seeing four guards around him he backs against the wall and begins to panic. Fear spreading through his body, he looked back and forth between them. "Lucien... I don't think I'm gonna make it through this. If I fall, run. Don't stay here, just run. You've been a good friend, but you don't need to die for me. And Lucy... Lucy I love you." He wipes a tear from his face with the back of his hand and lashes out at the same guard as before, seeing him being the only thing between him and not being surrounded.

You know the drill.

Shortsword

Dagger
Confirm:[roll4]
Damage:[roll5]

BelGareth
2013-04-04, 01:59 PM
Lucien blows up his images and the blast rocks the hallway, dust and chips of stone filter down and coat everyone standing in it. Several of the guards where unable to move out of the way while on one managed to avoid the worst part.

Ralph stabs the guard before him with his sword, sending him crumpled to the floor while he then stabs the next guard, shanking him in the kidney while he was trying to avoid the blast. He yowls in pain, but is otherwise still standing.

Top of Round 6

Ralph|15
Lucien|14
Guards|9
Lucy|8[/table]

Map

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-7P_N938SCnM/UV3MdpqdXtI/AAAAAAAADCM/knyNGyT1CiU/s912/round%25206.jpg

The guards keep their ground, they all swing, but the blast must have thrown them off as not a one manages to strike either of you.

Lucy looks to the both of you as you are fighting

"I don't know how to use these!" she exclaims.

No damage

GuyFawkes
2013-04-05, 03:03 PM
Lucien

It worked!

Lucien thinks to himself as he sees the result of his practice. And with the new-found tactic and its potential to turn the mess they are in around, he gains condfidence. Enough to smile and make a dig at Ralph.

"Seriously? You're dating this guy and he didn't bother to teach you that? Tsk, tsk, tsk," he said with a grin.

Then he concentrates on the space he vacated between the two guards and out of nowhere, another Lucien appears.

"Hey, enough with the drama, lover boy. Now if you have no plan of dying soon, free to stab me. Well, the other me," he motions at his copy, which then reacts with a smug look and "do it here" motion, pointing to his chest.

Standard Action: Activate Phantom Assailant to create one copy at O7.
Immediate Action: Trigger Arcane Detionation when Ralph destroys my copy.
Damage: [roll0]

Sparrow
2013-04-20, 10:23 AM
There must be a reason for him asking me to do that Ralph thought. He looked down at his dagger and back up at the phantom. With a quick calculation he planted his foot and threw the dagger at it, seeing as he would not be able to get next to it to strike it. He then draws his rapier.

Okay, I'm pretty sure all this is possible.
Standard action: Throw dagger at Phantom
Move action: Draw rapier

Dagger Throw:
Attack [roll0]
Don't need damage really, but I'll give it a whirl anyway for lolz

... You have got to be kidding me. 13. 13 I needed a 14. Flips Table I forgot to take away the TWF penalty. So that should be +10. Meaning 15 is the final roll.

BelGareth
2013-05-15, 04:11 PM
Lucien manifests yet another image, which is promptly blown to smithereens, his atomic illusions are doing the trick, and the guards are looking the worse for ware.

Ralph fails to connect with the guard on his off hand, but his dagger penetrates the illusion, forcing it explode in a shower of bright energy.

Top of Round 7

Ralph|15
Lucien|14
Guards|9
Lucy|8[/table]

Map

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6WN5NfIduqQ/UZP5PKsbrqI/AAAAAAAADKo/a8n5ipZV0EE/s800/round%25207.jpg

The guards seem dazed from yet another blast, but keep on, several are on the verge of death, but they seem not to care, only that you must die. Two score hits on Ralph as they move to flank him.

Lucy looks to the both of you as you are fighting

"Oh Ralph!" she yells out, worried for him as he is stabbed twice.

Ralph takes 7 and 11 slashing damage

Sparrow
2013-05-15, 04:35 PM
Ralph takes two more hits, knocking him back against the wall. He barely pushes off of it and gets out another couple of swings. "Don't worry, it'll be fine."

3 HP, gotta get this done quick. Strikes at Q6

Attack 1: Main hand shortsword
Attack roll: [roll0]

Attack 2: Offhand Rapier
Attack roll: [roll3]

Yeah, I'm dead.

GuyFawkes
2013-05-16, 06:38 AM
Okay, since the rules does not allow for two creatures to occupy the same space even if you actually want to do it, here's what I have in mind, for approval.

I'm gonna make a copy in front of Lucien and have it ready a move action to move to "move through" Ralph's space as soon as one of the guards begin to attack him, effectively getting in the way of the attack and the copy getting damaged instead.

How about it? Too cheesy?

GuyFawkes
2013-05-17, 11:05 AM
Lucien

"Ralph!"

Lucien growls as he sees Ralph getting assaulted more. "Come on, let's do the trick one more..."

"...or swing and miss horribly," he continues as Ralph swung with no regards for any plans.

"Dammit," he curses as he has no choice but to create another copy.

Standard Action: Create copy at the adjacent vacant square.

BelGareth
2013-05-21, 12:15 PM
Lucien creates another image, and before he could do anything, one of the guards swings on it, swiping through the figment, ruining his chance to detonate, yet another one.

Ralph misses both of his attacks, his wounds becoming to much for him.

Top of Round 8

Ralph|15 !
Lucien|14
Guards|9
Lucy|8[/table]

Map

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-C9q6e4gr73Y/UZurBWNRvAI/AAAAAAAADNE/upbNnYSCHPk/s800/round%25208.jpg

3 of the 4 four guards loom over Ralph determined to end him, 2 of them manage to score hits, one fells him, while the other slices him on his way down. He is lying on the floor blood flowing freely from his chest wounds.

Lucy Screams.

Ralph takes 4 and 9 slashing damage
should be at -10

GuyFawkes
2013-05-21, 01:33 PM
Uhm, the detonation is an Immediate Action at the instant the image takes damage, so I still get a boom on that round if they did attack it.

Rolling for damage: [roll0]

Sparrow
2013-05-21, 04:12 PM
Ralph collapses, clutching his wounds before the last one fells him. He lies on the ground, one hand extended toward Lucy's cell the other gripping his torso. The crimson blood spills from his wounds, puddling around his body. The Last heir to the Kava nobility is slain.

BelGareth
2013-05-21, 04:15 PM
You're not dead...tis Pathfinder, you ain't dead until you have more negative HP's than Con. And I'm starting to think I'm going to nerf that illusion detonation thing, its quite useful....

Sparrow
2013-05-21, 06:02 PM
Correction:
Ralph collapses, clutching his wounds before the last one fells him. He lies on the ground, one hand extended toward Lucy's cell the other gripping his torso. The crimson blood spills from his wounds, puddling around his body. The Last heir to the Kava nobility is nearly slain.

BelGareth
2013-05-23, 12:10 PM
Luciens illusion blossoms into another explosion, rolling accross the hallway, one of the guards falls to the ground, slumping against the wall as the blast pushes him back, blood is streaming from his nose and mouth.

Ralph is lying on the floor his blood pooling out next to him.

Top of Round 9

Ralph|15 !
Lucien|14
Guards|9
Lucy|8[/table]

Map

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-_2IzwlZqIwQ/UZ5KzmHN3JI/AAAAAAAADNo/BpUPHqnlHEc/s800/round%25209.jpg

The remaining gaurds look shocked, they are all wounded, but the loss of one of them surprised them, they rush forward, looking to take down the trickster quickly. 2 of them score wounds, slashing Luciens arms with deep cuts.

Lucy can only sob, she backs into her cell and disappears from sight.

Lucien takes 10 and 11 damage.
And you did forget to take an action....

GuyFawkes
2013-05-23, 01:30 PM
Lucien

With Ralph down and him receiving wounds from the guards' attacks, Lucien goes into a bloodlust. Forsaking tactics, he unleashes his fury in unrelenting slashes.

Full Attack, attacking the guard above Lucien then going clockwise.

Attack 1:
Damage: [toll]1d8+4

Attack 2:
Damage: [toll]1d8+2

Attack 3:
Damage: [toll]1d8+4

Attack 4:
Damage: [toll]1d8+2

BelGareth
2013-05-23, 01:46 PM
In his fury driven wrath, Lucien delivers 2 fatal blows to the first 2 guards, they fall one after the other, slumping onto the floor, guts falling out and blood spraying everywhere as a throat is cut. The third takes a gash as well but is still standing.

He stammers at the sight of his comrades fallen on the floor, bloody and dead.

His morale lost, he decides to withdraw from this fight, that only a moment ago was looking the other way.

He runs from the hallway they way he came, dropping his sword as he does, he almost slips on a puddle of blood, but catches himself on the wall as he turns the corner in his haste.

Ralph moans on the floor next to the other corpses while the faint sobbing of Lucy echoes through the now quiet hallway.

Sparrow
2013-05-23, 09:14 PM
Ralph continues moaning on the floor, more blood spilling from his veins onto the floor.

Do you roll for stabilization or do I?

GuyFawkes
2013-05-23, 11:06 PM
Lucien

"Oh crap. Oh crap."

Lucien immdiately grabs one of the dead guards and uses his sword to rip off the latter's shirt into thin strips and wastes no time to tend to Ralph's wounds.

"Not again. When will you ever learn, buddy?" he smile and tries to make light of the situation, but his voice is clearly breaking. The sobbing from Lucy though only serves to irritate him.

"Oh for...would you please stop crying and try to get out of there? We need to get Ralph to get treated fast!"

Heal Check: [roll0]

"Gah! This is not working!"

Lucien stands up and runs towards Lucy's cell.

"Give me the picks!"

BelGareth
2013-05-24, 02:44 PM
Even through all the applied bandages, attempted tourniquets, and pressure, Ralph seems to still bleed out.

Ralph's Stabilization check: Fort DC 20
[roll0] You take 1 damage
Current HP: -11 (you die at -13)

As Lucien turns to Lucy, she comes forward, tepidly at first, throws the lock picks at him and runs back, seeing only a flash of the bloodshed, it was enough to emit forceful vomiting from her.

Ralph, at this point, you can either decide to re-roll a character, or we can roll the next several stabilize checks, your choice. The DC just went up to 21 (10 + -hitpoints), you die when you surpass your Con (which is 12) in negative HP's

Sparrow
2013-05-24, 03:51 PM
lets roll some checks. But i can start rolling up a new character in the mean time just in case

GuyFawkes
2013-05-24, 11:10 PM
Lucien

Lucien immediately goes to work with the lock. He looks sideways at Ralph, who seems to have stopped moving. His eyes widen, but he closes them and concentrates on his task, stopping his hands from trembling.

Disable Device: [roll0]

BelGareth
2013-05-25, 09:26 AM
As you attempt to pick the lock, you are distracted by the last breath of your companion, you fail to pick the lock.

You hear an alarm going off somewhere else in the castle.

GuyFawkes
2013-05-25, 10:21 AM
Lucien

"DAMMIT!!"

Lucien shouts in frustration as tears well from his eyes. He tries to open the locks once again, breathing deeply to steady himself.

Disable Device: [roll0]

BelGareth
2013-05-25, 10:28 AM
You are able to control your hands this time and hear the audible pop of the lock opening to your tools.

GuyFawkes
2013-05-25, 10:44 AM
Lucien

'As soon as he hears the lock click, Lucien immediately flings the door open and sprints towards Lucy. He holds her hand and pulls her up and then immediately sprints back out towards where Ralph lies.

"Come on! You have to help him! You can save him right?!"

BelGareth
2013-05-30, 01:58 PM
Lucy sobs ash Lucien gently leads her to Ralph, she sees him and loses control, falling into his arms, the siren in the castle doesn't stop, like a farewell to a friend well made.

You see Ralph has stopped breathing, the blood coming from his wounds slowed to a trickle and his eyes have glazed over, you know he is dead.

GuyFawkes
2013-05-31, 12:00 AM
Lucien

Lucien does not admit it, but he knows, his body betraying his thoughts as tears flow down his cheeks. He walks slowly beside Ralph and kneels down, trying not to look at the wounds. He looks at Ralph's glazed eyes, and his trembling hands reach out to them and closes them.

"No...no..."

"No no no no no..." he mumbles between sobs.

His mind rushes back to the few moments he had been with the lad, the dangers they faced together and had overcome, and the emotions that went along with them. He remembered how he became hysterical when he first saw Ralph bloodied, and now here he is again. Only this time, there is no saving him. All at once, the emotions within him burst out.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=Eal4fep7pK4)

He is crying now, sobbing loudly, breaking down like he had never before. His tears are a release of all his pent up feelings, not just the current situation. But after a few seconds, the tears finally stops. He rubs his tears with his sleeve, and pushes Lucy back off Ralph. He scoops one hand underneath his bloodied body and with one swift movement, heaved Ralph over his shoulder.

He stands up easily, fortunately Ralph is light enough. He looks at Lucy and grabs her hand. His eyes are all puffed and red, but he has a serious look.

"Come. Let's get out of here."

He begins to walk towards the direction where they came from, dragging Lucy along with him.

BelGareth
2013-06-05, 11:31 AM
As you stand up with Ralph on your shoulder, a heavy mist seems to settle around you, Ralph starts to evaporate as if he was made from water, his very being, his very body is fading into the mist until you are holding nothing left.

Likewise Lucy starts to shimmer and fade from reality, she looks frightened and scared not knowing what is going on, until her face suddenly changes into a serene look of content. She flickers slightly, like a candle surging in the wind at its last moment and fades entirely.

Now alone, you stand in the hall listening to the warning bells, taking off you find your way easily and follow the steps you took to get back. You see several squads of guards and take up a few hiding spots and illusions to keep them distracted, enough to allow you slip out of where you came from and into the city proper, the day is long and evening is coming swiftly and you are no way closer to your goal.

GuyFawkes
2013-06-05, 01:26 PM
Lucien

Lucien alternates between sprinting and brisk walking, darting through the maze of houses in the city. He does not stop, his movements mechanical. He just wants to cover as much ground as he can. And so that he does not have enough time to have his mind wander on useless things.

Painful, useless things.

He looks at the sky and he looks at the direction where he's supposed to go. Damn, still too far. Looks like I won't make it before nightfall.

He looks at his surroundings, looking for a high place where he could maybe stay the night.

BelGareth
2013-06-05, 01:37 PM
You run through the city using the back alleys and paths, you make good time, but the sun is heading down as you do, you cover a lot of distance without noticing and before you can tell, you run past an alleyway to the main street.

Doing a double take, you retrace your steps and look around the corner, standing in the middle of the main intersection is Ma and Annalyn who are both staring at something at the base of the Mages Tower.

Main thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269122&page=4)