PDA

View Full Version : Buzzuk the Bugbear Bard

dehro
2013-02-11, 07:47 AM
yeah you read that right.

I've decided to roll an unconventional bard using a monster race.
no, I'm not actually playing at the moment, I'm just doing this for funsies..
also, I'm torn between making him a tribal drummer or a fantasy equivalent of the smooth saxophone player..

anyhoo, I've never tried using a monster race to roll a character before and despite many years of being one way or another involved with gaming I'm actually rather inexperienced and ignorant, rules-wise., so I thought I'd use one of the many character editors you can find online.. which is probably a good thing, because otherwise I would never have found out that I have, if I get this right, to devote 3 class levels to the class of humanoid ???
:smallconfused:....:confused:
can anybody point me towards the right book where I can find out how that works, what it is and how that relates to the actual class I wanted him to be? (I am pretty sure I own the right book..I'm just getting a bit lost in the ton of volumes I could have to look this up into.. which I'm not even sure is proper English..)

when I get to 4th level does that mean I am now multiclassing him into bard? is he still a bard at 1st level too? what gives? and what is he in the first 3 levels, what his feats and such??
(btw, Bugbear has the awesomest race adjustements ever.. +4 str, +2 dex and con, and -2 cha, which with a bit of careful planning can make for a stronger than average pc, despite the often despite class I choose.)
the Character editor I chose is rather comprehensive and has most of these things filled in automatically, but I still have trouble visualizing what I end up with and how it would be to actually play it.
better yet, could a gentle soul give me a brief walkthrough on what the deal is about the humanoid class/monster race thing?

Greenish
2013-02-11, 07:56 AM
Urpriest has got you covered (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207928).

[Edit]: TL;DR: Your 1st level bugbear bard is 5th level character with 4 HD.

dehro
2013-02-11, 10:35 AM
oohh! loving this..
even though what you say makes me now think I can't be bard up to level 4 at least..oh well.. I'll find out.
thank you..and thanks to Urpriest (Not going to necromance his thread to give him internet cookies)