PDA

View Full Version : PF dual/multiclass

Exirtadorri
2013-02-11, 10:04 AM
How unbalancing would it be to the PF system if I allowed old school multi-classing and dual classing?

What problems can you forsee with this in a running game and what ways could you counter said problems?

Zman
2013-02-11, 10:11 AM
How unbalancing would it be to the PF system if I allowed old school multi-classing and dual classing?

What problems can you forsee with this in a running game and what ways could you counter said problems?

Really none if it's done well and proper found rules are instituted. I use it for my 3.5 Overhaul, details are in my Signature. I even added rules for stopping and starting Dual and Triclass progressions. I also added some rules as to Prestige Classes etc to help limit abuse. Feel free to give the Overhaul a page though and comment.

So long as you split do equally and make sure HP, BAB, Skill Points, and Saves are equal it works out well. If you give them the best of both worlds they will quickly outshine their Single Classed Piers as having the Special Abilities of both makes up the difference.

There was a thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269908) on this topic a few days ago in the Homebrew Forum. I had a pretty large explanation there.