PDA

View Full Version : First foray into Pathfinder, input sought

Amphetryon
2013-02-11, 11:26 AM
I've been invited to play in a 4th level Pathfinder campaign. I've played D&D for a very long time, but have never previously played a Pathfinder game, or even rolled up a Pathfinder Character. With that in mind, I'm looking for input on Spells and Feats, specifically. I'm 'limited' to material available via the Pathfinder SRD, with nothing extra ported in from 3.5.

The following aspects of the Character are already approved by the DM (including the rolled stats), and are not negotiable at this point; suggestions to change any aspects listed here will be cheerfully ignored :smallbiggrin: :

Halfing Sorcerer; STR 7 DEX 16 CON 15 INT 12 WIS 10 CHA 18; Accursed Bloodline; Adaptable Luck/Fearless/Keen Senses/Sure Footed; Traits: Contagious Mettle, Theoretical Magician; Skill ranks (all Class Skills): Bluff 2, Intimidate 2, Perception 2, Spellcraft 2, UMD 4; PrC goal: Jinx.

Hand_of_Vecna
2013-02-11, 11:38 AM
Can't find Jinx in the Pathfinder SRD, help please.

Edit: Found it, had to use search function, didn't find it under Prestige Classes or Other Prestige Classes I-M.

Further Edit: Interesting PrC, are you planning to take 2 levels and drop it or level through it. Radial Curse and Armored casting Medium are really strong, the class has other interesting abilities, but gets terrible compensation for it's first 2 lost caster levels.

Amphetryon
2013-02-11, 11:52 AM
Can't find Jinx in the Pathfinder SRD, help please.

Edit: Found it, had to use search function, didn't find it under Prestige Classes or Other Prestige Classes I-M.

Further Edit: Interesting PrC, are you planning to take 2 levels and drop it or level through it. Radial Curse and Armored casting Medium are really strong, the class has other interesting abilities, but gets terrible compensation for it's first 2 lost caster levels.At least 5 levels, so that one of my teammates can be within 30' of me without regretting the decision.

Amphetryon
2013-02-12, 12:54 PM
Any input on Spell or Feat selection?

Juntao112
2013-02-12, 01:01 PM
I like Pyrotechnics.

Amphetryon
2013-02-12, 01:55 PM
I like Pyrotechnics.

As my 2nd level spell, I was considering Haunting Mists (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/haunting-mists).