PDA

View Full Version : Pirates!

Brett Nortje
2013-02-11, 12:41 PM
This is he in character thread. seeing as how we all ready, i will post the opening scene...

The morning mists comes heavily into your lungs as you look out about the docks and nearby sea line. you hear there is a sotrm coming, so you deicide to let it rest a while, and set about preparing the ship for it eventual departure. as you are preparing the ship, you see an young woman walking around, she appears to be lost. in her hand is a pouch, it looks like a purse! She approaches your ship and tells you that she is in need of a ride to her husband who is on a nearby ship out at sea. it is a war ship, and he is the captain she tells you. she offers you two hundred gold to take her to her husband, whom she doesn't have directions for though...

Then you see your rowing crew coming back from the tavern, they say that they were mugged in an alley with some guy promising them good prices for rum. they were stood up! They are furious and want permission to grab their weapons and seek these punks out.

Then the wind picks up. you tell the woman, whether you will take her case or not, that she needs to find shelter for a while. Maha oi remebers, as he is supposedly the captain of this ship, that ther was a strange fellow walking around this ship late last night. he had a green coat on and will be easy to identify and find if you put the effort in.

Your turn, what do you want to do?

[the group may split up for now, as it will be hard to wait for everyone to walk five steps, then another five steps, excetera.]

Quakes
2013-02-11, 12:47 PM
Windfall

A lady's request is not to be put aside lightly, but the injustice to my crewmates must be dealt with before taking any other jobs. Once we deal with the men who mugged my friends, we will set about finding your husband's ship. We won't be able to find much on the water in this rain and fog anyway.

Brett Nortje
2013-02-11, 01:01 PM
Windfall

A lady's request is not to be put aside lightly, but the injustice to my crewmates must be dealt with before taking any other jobs. Once we deal with the men who mugged my friends, we will set about finding your husband's ship. We won't be able to find much on the water in this rain and fog anyway.

Windfall makes his way back to the alley where the thieves were, or thugs if you will, and they find nothing there except an old man that is a beggar. he says he knows his way around the people that frequent the tavern, and supposes they would be at the bank putting money away, in the tavern spending their uncomely gain, or at the market spending more and more... they could be anywhere that you spend money, but, those are the most likely places.

The crew, with their weapons now, look ready to fight a few thugs, but, you know this place is heavily patrolled, and think twice about letting them loose on the city. [how did they keep peace in these times? law? g wiz!]

The storm is coming in heavily now, the wind has really picked up. the woman just stands there by the ship, shouting at all that will hear her story.

gallagher
2013-02-11, 08:24 PM
It is my duty as captain to attend to the security threat to my ship. I would gladly take you aboard, we will sail out at dawn.

Maha'oi sets out to find the man in the green coat. Then, he needs to go out and buy a large hat.

Since I am a captain, would it be okay to move around some skill points so I can properly captain the ship?

Cranthis
2013-02-11, 11:10 PM
"I will join you" says Draven to the captain. "Though I am unsure about trying to take a woman out to a ship who's location we have no idea of. It seems a little suspicious." he thoughtfully thought about thoughts, while accompanying Captain Maha Oi. He mourned the fact that his dragon-esque head could not properly hold a hat. Anyways, the typer got off track. The point is that he accompanied Maha Oi.

Brett Nortje
2013-02-12, 01:12 AM
It is my duty as captain to attend to the security threat to my ship. I would gladly take you aboard, we will sail out at dawn.

Maha'oi sets out to find the man in the green coat. Then, he needs to go out and buy a large hat.

Since I am a captain, would it be okay to move around some skill points so I can properly captain the ship?

[Yes, moving skill points around is allowed at this point.]

"I will join you" says Draven to the captain. "Though I am unsure about trying to take a woman out to a ship who's location we have no idea of. It seems a little suspicious." he thoughtfully thought about thoughts, while accompanying Captain Maha Oi. He mourned the fact that his dragon-esque head could not properly hold a hat. Anyways, the typer got off track. The point is that he accompanied Maha Oi.

you both depart the ship. there are not a lot of people at the docks, as the storm is really about to come in. you begin your search for the man in the green coat...

Where will you begin? there is a tavern near here, there is a market too, and there is a town hall too. you think about the bank, and deicde that he could be nobility and they might know where he is?

gallagher
2013-02-12, 09:32 PM
Draven, come with me to the tavern, and after that we will check the market for a good hat. I am sure we can find you a suitable, less large than mine hat.

Cranthis
2013-02-12, 11:10 PM
"I believe the tavern to be an excellent starting point. However, I believe that any hat that could fit on my head would encompass your hat tenfold." You see, half dragon heads tend to be inadequate for hats. And thus he heads to the tavern with Maha.

gallagher
2013-02-13, 12:07 AM
We will see about that. I have a particularly grand taste for hats.

Brett Nortje
2013-02-13, 08:44 AM
You enter the tavern and see a lot of people inside, huddling to get out of the storm. then you see a man in all green robes, is this the man you are looking for you wonder?

Quakes
2013-02-13, 08:47 AM
it would seem likely that any thugs would choose to drink away their ill gotten gains. it's as good a starting point as any.

windfall takes leads the men into the tavern and asks if they recognize the ones who did the mugging.

Brett Nortje
2013-02-13, 08:57 AM
Now you are all inside the tavern. you see a few men that remind the men of the thieves, just by their demeanor, but nothing else. they cannot recognise anyone except a dwarf they saw earlier. he walks up to your men and tells them that they should never listen to strangers making nice deals like that, and he says he told them so.

The men ask where the others have gone, but the dwarf says he saw some of them heading towards stables to buy some horses or something he guesses...

gallagher
2013-02-13, 02:54 PM
I tell Draven to go get him and I a drink while I attend to what I think may be business.

Then I walk up to the man in all green robes, say I saw you near my ship, what was your business there? and bare my teeth at him to look super scary

Intimidate check: [roll0]

Brett Nortje
2013-02-13, 03:16 PM
I tell Draven to go get him and I a drink while I attend to what I think may be business.

Then I walk up to the man in all green robes, say I saw you near my ship, what was your business there? and bare my teeth at him to look super scary

Intimidate check: [roll0]

The man in the green robes looks terrified! he drops his ale and clasps at his chest, and then apologises, he works for the police and was looking for stolen items, or, any items that looked to expensive to be on board such a small ship.

Then he regains his composure, and asks about the storm? is it safe to leave yet? he has some more checking out to do before the day ends today, as he has seen a lot of new ships coming into dock just before the storm came in.

You look around you and see some women dragging lots of blankets around them. they must be cold, as they are elves and do not have a lot of body fat to insulate themselves with.

Then the man in the green robes offers his hand of friendship, and asks if you know of any underhanded doings going on... do you?

Quakes
2013-02-14, 10:31 AM
You can help us track down the thugs that shook down our crew. They may have headed for the stables.

gallagher
2013-02-14, 11:03 PM
Yes, officer, you should help keep the peace instead of sniffing around my boat. I am not the type who mingles with shady types.

satisfied with that, Maha'oi leaves for the market area.

Brett Nortje
2013-02-21, 08:48 PM
did this game die? i was waiting for everyone to do something, and something went wrong...

Quakes
2013-02-21, 09:00 PM
was waiting on a result from searching for the thugs. we asked the constable guy to help?

Brett Nortje
2013-02-21, 09:02 PM
was waiting on a result from searching for the thugs. we asked the constable guy to help?

So, you want to go to the stables and maha'oi wants to go to the market?

gallagher
2013-02-21, 09:11 PM
So, you want to go to the stables and maha'oi wants to go to the market?

Yes i want to go to the market

Brett Nortje
2013-02-21, 09:21 PM
Maha'oi heads for the market. it is raining heavily now and hard to see, so, you don't see much. the thugs might be here, and you brought three of your men with you to help identify them. now at the market, you find it nearly deserted as everyone covers for rain. there are a few people packing up and then there are a few looking to just weather the storm. there is also a lot of children walking with a oldish man through the centre of the market, with a lot of them crying out for cake. what do you want to do maha'oi? [there might be a way to find them, and there might not - i am leaving this as an open ended problem as i don't want to tell you you should have tried this or that at the end, but, bright ideas are always welcome.]

Windfall heads to the stables with the other three crew members. they get there in the rain, and find that the stables are full of, well, horse poop. you walk around there and find nothing to write home about, and then you come to the conclusion, after seeing the stables are locked due to bad weather, that there are no signs of life here. what do you do now?

gallagher
2013-02-22, 12:33 AM
Actually, I am going to go to any shop that would have a really big hat for me, and a flag to raise above our sail, and some maps

Quakes
2013-02-22, 01:24 AM
will see if i can track them, here or at the market.
if not, screw it. the crew lost their money, they won't be so stupid again.

survival

[roll0]

Brett Nortje
2013-02-22, 08:54 AM
Actually, I am going to go to any shop that would have a really big hat for me, and a flag to raise above our sail, and some maps

Well, at the market, you find a few hats and flags, and one map. it is a map of the near coasts, but doesn't have any information on waters outside the near vicinity of this continent. There are also green hats, red hats and black hats and one yellow one too. only the black hats come in the size you wish for, and they will cost you 1 gp.

There are no pirate flags but someone says they can make one for you for 2 gp, but wonders why you would want such a flag, if that is your desire... otherwise there are flags of raiding ships too, like norse ones with daggers and spears on them, and there is also a flag with a rottweiler on it, baring it's fangs at the on lookers. all flags cost 2 gp.

Brett Nortje
2013-02-22, 08:56 AM
will see if i can track them, here or at the market.
if not, screw it. the crew lost their money, they won't be so stupid again.

survival

[roll0]

okay, windfall notices some tracks in the mud, and decides that it could be the robbers, as, there are many of them and they are far apart. they lead back to town though, so you follow them...

follow them until you arrive by the town, then they lead to a big run down house. inquiring further, you find tht the house is lit inside, and you hear laughter from inside...

what do you want to do?

Nemesis67
2013-02-22, 01:39 PM
I was still unsure of whether we should keep someone watching the ship, but I guess with the storm no one is probably going to be able to sail it out / rob it.

--------------------

Knowing the Captain and men were trying to hunt down the thugs, Bosun Higgs decides to head to the tavern and attempt to find the rest of his crew. Prior to departing the ship, he ensures everything is in order. Sails rolled up, doors and hatches locked, anything of value hidden below decks... Grumbling to himself, Higgs mutters, "Should have made the crew do it before they left..."

Once everything was in order, the Bosun gathers his own supplies, and heads off in search of the captain.

Brett Nortje
2013-02-22, 01:43 PM
I was still unsure of whether we should keep someone watching the ship, but I guess with the storm no one is probably going to be able to sail it out / rob it.

--------------------

Knowing the Captain and men were trying to hunt down the thugs, Bosun Higgs decides to head to the tavern and attempt to find the rest of his crew. Prior to departing the ship, he ensures everything is in order. Sails rolled up, doors and hatches locked, anything of value hidden below decks... Grumbling to himself, Higgs mutters, "Should have made the crew do it before they left..."

Once everything was in order, the Bosun gathers his own supplies, and heads off in search of the captain.

The storm is still going, and you cannot find him anywhere... you decide that he must have gone to the market to buy a flag, or hat, as he was talking about that before he left, being a proud captain...

You find him mulling over some things at the market.

Quakes
2013-02-22, 06:01 PM
I will lead one of the men to sneak to a window, verify if they are the culprits, and if it is a manageable number, lead an ambush to knock them out and take back our property. Non-lethal if possible, but if they draw weapons, we'll resort to lethal force. If there are more than 6 or so, will go for backup.

Brett Nortje
2013-02-22, 06:09 PM
I will lead one of the men to sneak to a window, verify if they are the culprits, and if it is a manageable number, lead an ambush to knock them out and take back our property. Non-lethal if possible, but if they draw weapons, we'll resort to lethal force. If there are more than 6 or so, will go for backup.

windfall sends his man around to the window, and he verifies they seem to be one and the same the ones that ambushed them. the problem is, there are seven of them, and only four of you. he hurries back to tell you of the news, and you wonder how you will get your 'property' back.

there are seven horses outside and you don't think any noise you make will affect your plans, if any. they would probably think it was the horses making a noise, you guess.

but then one of them opens the door to look at the rain, and closes it again, after saying something brisk. They are all half elves, you recognise. The men stand uneasily around waiting for your commands.

Quakes
2013-02-22, 06:22 PM
Screw this boys, we're taking the horses. Grab one each and let's ride!

Brett Nortje
2013-02-22, 06:30 PM
Screw this boys, we're taking the horses. Grab one each and let's ride!

You reach for the horses, but seeing as how it is raining hard, they hear nothing. they don't even see you. you lead your men to the market looking for the captain maha'oi, and find him muddling around with maps and flags and hats and things. there is hardly anyone at the market in the rain, as most have departed fearing the storm.

Then, a gnomish person beckons you over. they say they have special tatoos they can etch on your face to make you more beautiful, but it will cost you all your fine horses, as he belongs to a brood of gnomes specializing in this art form and they wish to leave the city soon. their god forbids that they use money, maybe an old wives tale, but the threat of using money is there.

As he is speaking to you, you see another two gnomes push their heads out from under the tent, and look at your horses. how do you greet them?

Nemesis67
2013-02-22, 06:43 PM
Higgs meanders his way through the market to the captain and Windfall, eyeing the gnomes suspiciously. Turning towards his crew mates, he asks, "Any luck finding the thugs?"

Brett Nortje
2013-02-22, 07:17 PM
Higgs meanders his way through the market to the captain and Windfall, eyeing the gnomes suspiciously. Turning towards his crew mates, he asks, "Any luck finding the thugs?"

The rest of the crew answers that the thugs were tracked, but they were too many, and they got these horses off them. some of the men are talking to the gnomes, but you can see they have become hopeless in this city where they are basically under a vow of poverty or something.

The rain starts to let up, and the sun starts to shine. what a horrible storm you think to yourself, but at least it is over now. you wonder what maha'oi sees in hats and flags, but then you start to get interested too, out of pride for your ship.

Quakes
2013-02-22, 07:41 PM
Are these tattoos magical? Have i heard of the art and its benefits?

knowledge arcana
[roll0]
bardic knowledge
[roll1]

Brett Nortje
2013-02-22, 07:49 PM
Are these tattoos magical? Have i heard of the art and its benefits?

knowledge arcana
[roll0]
bardic knowledge
[roll1]

You have never heard of this, but you suppose that a gnome, being attuned to illusions [as far as i have come to experience from earlier dnd editions] this could be like a 'web of magic that you place on your face.' You do not doubt them in their ernestness, and you believe it will work. the problem is, there is only one tattoo for all the horses, and you cannot use gold to buy more tatoos. you ask if you can buy them something and exchange it for more tatoos, possibly, and they shake their heads, knowing that would have something to do with money.

Quakes
2013-02-23, 12:06 AM
hahaha, my horses, my tattoos. we need to sell them anyway, can'ttake them on the ship. i say we finish our business here, then set sail. maybe even take that woman to her husband.

Brett Nortje
2013-02-23, 12:14 AM
hahaha, my horses, my tattoos. we need to sell them anyway, can'ttake them on the ship. i say we finish our business here, then set sail. maybe even take that woman to her husband.

So you swop your horses for a tattoo. the gnome takes you into his tent and slowly etches a few lines with some tribal stuff on your cheek. then they shepard you back out to your captain and crew. the crew, knowing you were quite comely before, now look at you seeringly and decide it was a job well done - you may add 1 point to your charisma!

Nemesis67
2013-02-23, 01:52 AM
"I would have bet gold that that was a scam... Well, unless we want to go back and try to take the thugs or have something else to do in town, we have no reason not to set sail. Captain?"

gallagher
2013-02-25, 06:56 PM
We wait for the storm to settle, and out first thing in the morning. I promised that to a passenger

Brett Nortje
2013-02-26, 10:54 AM
The storm settles and you get your crew onto the boat. this is not a very good boat you all think to yourselves, and contemplate grabbing another boat off of someone sometime soon. but out at sea, of course...

the lady is aboard and begins talking about how she knows her husband is a good captain and will probably give you some weapons or somethig for her safe return. she says she used to confide in him all her problems and that he will be sick of her out there, and that he told her not to come. she still doesn't have directions, but will recognise the ship if you see it.

where do you want to look for her husband's ship, unless of course you want to take her hostage, or do something else i haven't thought of?

gallagher
2013-02-26, 10:29 PM
I am going to take her to the master of the docks. If her husband is a good captain with a good reputation, he and his ship will likely be known by him. I want her to give her husbands name to the guy in charge of the docks and describe the ship, and ask if he overheard anything to give us a direction to sail.

Brett Nortje
2013-02-27, 01:27 PM
I am going to take her to the master of the docks. If her husband is a good captain with a good reputation, he and his ship will likely be known by him. I want her to give her husbands name to the guy in charge of the docks and describe the ship, and ask if he overheard anything to give us a direction to sail.

The master of the docks has heard of her husband, and says he is about a days sail west north west. he has been sent there to be part of a scouting mission to find pirates...

gallagher
2013-02-27, 08:10 PM
Good, that is the direction we will head.

When we are back at the boat, I move to steer and when the lady is not near me I tell my pirate crew to spread word that we are going to try and trade the woman to her husband for a high price

Brett Nortje
2013-03-01, 01:32 PM
Good, that is the direction we will head.

When we are back at the boat, I move to steer and when the lady is not near me I tell my pirate crew to spread word that we are going to try and trade the woman to her husband for a high price

You search for about htwo thirds of a day, and eventually you see a scouting ship - a very fast ship with about a sixteen man rowing crew you reackon, and she recognises the flag. this amuses you...

she stands on the deck and shouts to her husband, who hears her and then leans over the side of the ship. he waves and she waves and you feel a little gooey inside of your stomach, but that all fades as one of your crew grabs her from behind and puts a knife to her throat! the husband starts shouting for you not to hurt her, and the crewman shouts there is now a bounty on her head, and he is collecting...

then the whole cerew of the other ship is at the side of the ship, about twenty of them, and they all start shouting to leave her alone.

what next?

Quakes
2013-03-01, 02:53 PM
Send two men in a boat along with her weight in gold and silver. She will return to you unharmed, while your second man remains with us as insurance. He will be let off in our next port of call, uninjured, so long as you do not try to follow. And no matter what distance you keep, I will know if you're there.

Intimidate
[roll0]

Brett Nortje
2013-03-01, 03:01 PM
Send two men in a boat along with her weight in gold and silver. She will return to you unharmed, while your second man remains with us as insurance. He will be let off in our next port of call, uninjured, so long as you do not try to follow. And no matter what distance you keep, I will know if you're there.

Intimidate
[roll0]

The men grind their teeth, and then agree to your terms. they lower as much gold as they have - two hundred and fourty six gold pieces - into a big bag, and send it over. then they collect the woman and leave a man behind.

as they are sailing back to the bigger vessel, you notice a prisoner tatoo on the man's neck! you quickly figure out that they swapped you a prisoner of theirs for the woman! you inform everyone, and the man starts shouting that they plan to sink your boat with their boat's ram, as it is much smaller than theirs! the other crew begin to laugh...

what do you want to do now?

Quakes
2013-03-01, 03:09 PM
Will summon a dire bat to start grabbing their rowers off of the deck and dropping them into the ocean.

You might want to change your minds if you don't want your crewmen eaten by sharks...

bat grapple check
[roll0]

Brett Nortje
2013-03-01, 03:20 PM
Will summon a dire bat to start grabbing their rowers off of the deck and dropping them into the ocean.

You might want to change your minds if you don't want your crewmen eaten by sharks...

bat grapple check
[roll0]

They start shouting and trying to fight the bat, but the bat is immune to their threats, as it is under your control. it throws all the rowers off the boat, and then there is more shouting.

then you see a old man come out on to the deck and try to dispel the bat... it then flies away, and the captain and his wife and another man and the old mage stand there, shaking and fearing for their lives...

what do you want to do now?

gallagher
2013-03-01, 04:05 PM
we row to get behind the other ship so they cannot ram us, and I prepare some of my crewmen to fire arrows and and flaming objects on their ship while the PCs of the group attempt to board the ship. We can take them!

Brett Nortje
2013-03-01, 04:32 PM
we row to get behind the other ship so they cannot ram us, and I prepare some of my crewmen to fire arrows and and flaming objects on their ship while the PCs of the group attempt to board the ship. We can take them!

Your crew throw grappling hooks over the side of the other ship and baord easily. the old mage backs into the mast as he begs for his life, and the husband and wife clutch at each other. the other man draws his sword only to be disarmed by some of your crew. as his sword flies overboard, he cries out as he gets a few kicks at him.

gallagher
2013-03-01, 05:12 PM
as captain of the old ship, I declare myself captain of this ship, and take the former captains hat. I am taking suggestions what to do with the prisoners.

Quakes
2013-03-01, 05:18 PM
We tried to treat with you fairly, if not in alignment with the law. You responded with cowardice and trickery. For that, we take your ship as our own. It looks like it's a little faster than our tub. Enjoy your swim home!

If the mage tries to cast anything, I will attempt to facsinate him.

Will save DC
[roll0]

wow, rolling for crap today. that's worse than my spell DC!

Brett Nortje
2013-03-01, 05:25 PM
as captain of the old ship, I declare myself captain of this ship, and take the former captains hat. I am taking suggestions what to do with the prisoners.

You snatch the hat off his head and tell him to get rowing! the other old crew are holding onto the paddles of the ship, what do you want to do with them?

We tried to treat with you fairly, if not in alignment with the law. You responded with cowardice and trickery. For that, we take your ship as our own. It looks like it's a little faster than our tub. Enjoy your swim home!

the crew grab at them and say they should be part of the all night rowing crew, instead of sending them for a swim. the woman begs for mercy, but the crew sends her to work on the food, as far as they are concerned, where a woman should be!

if you still want to throw someone over board, then discuss it with your captain please, you seem to be in conflict.

Nemesis67
2013-03-01, 05:42 PM
Crossing over to the captured vessel with his heavy crossbow held loosely in his hands, Higgs sweeps his gaze across the quivering hostages.

"I personally would prefer not shanghaiing people into our crew and give them a reason to try to slit our throats in our sleep. How about we offer them each a choice, Captain? Either they serve you as pirates, or we ransom them back to their superiors. Same goes for the prisoners they were carrying, if there's more than that one."

The Bosun gestures at the "hostage" the opposing captain gave instead of a true crewmen.

"That way we can still man a vessel this size and make a tidy profit as well. Making 'em swim means we lose out on that gold and need to pick up 14 more men to have a full crew at next port."

Waiting for the Captain's reply, Higgs glares at the captured sailors, making sure the idea of trying to start fighting again doesn't cross their minds.

Intimidate
1d20+14

Also, these men are presumably naval officials of some sort? Do we know from which settlement?

Quakes
2013-03-01, 05:46 PM
Windfall lets the captain decide what to do and goes in search of the old mage's magical supplies. He'll relieve the mage of anything magical on his person, then loot his room.

cast detect magic.

Nemesis67
2013-03-01, 05:51 PM
Messed up the roll code. Trying again...
[roll0]

gallagher
2013-03-01, 08:36 PM
I dont like this captain, I am kicking him off the boat, and I am giving everyone else the option to be a pirate or not. I am a just and fair pirate captain.

When we decide who stays and who goes and get our stuff from our old boat, I grab a sack and take from my bag a flask of oil, my flint and steel, and hand my hat to the half dragon, and tell him to hold onto it for me for a moment. I then cast wings of the sea, swim over to the boat with the old captain on it, dump the oil in the boat and light it on fire with the flint and steel, and swim back. I have a 70 foot swim speed with the spell, so I am sure I get there way before the captain and whoever doesnt want to be a pirate can swim there.

I then tell the "new" members of the pirate crew That is what happens if you ever try and cross me. Then I take back my hat and walk to the wheel.

Intimidate roll, with whatever circumstance bonus for lighting their last captains boat on fire you would like to give: [roll0]

So how many are on my crew now (new and total), do I keep their caster, and what can you tell me about our new ship?

Brett Nortje
2013-03-02, 11:40 AM
I dont like this captain, I am kicking him off the boat, and I am giving everyone else the option to be a pirate or not. I am a just and fair pirate captain.

When we decide who stays and who goes and get our stuff from our old boat, I grab a sack and take from my bag a flask of oil, my flint and steel, and hand my hat to the half dragon, and tell him to hold onto it for me for a moment. I then cast wings of the sea, swim over to the boat with the old captain on it, dump the oil in the boat and light it on fire with the flint and steel, and swim back. I have a 70 foot swim speed with the spell, so I am sure I get there way before the captain and whoever doesnt want to be a pirate can swim there.

I then tell the "new" members of the pirate crew That is what happens if you ever try and cross me. Then I take back my hat and walk to the wheel.

Intimidate roll, with whatever circumstance bonus for lighting their last captains boat on fire you would like to give: [roll0]

So how many are on my crew now (new and total), do I keep their caster, and what can you tell me about our new ship?

The old captain screams as he sees the fire coming at him, and decides swimming is the best option. you now have a crew of the original six and four prisoners, who too were pirates. they gleefully start a cheer for you and vow to take care of the ship's rowing for you. the problem is that tehy are slapped in irons, but that is not your problem, as they can still row.

the new ship is state of the art fast sailing and rowing ship, you would today call it an aerodynamic fighter jet, i guess. it has red and brown and black painted wood on it, and it also has a cabin for the captain and crew to sleep in. then there is a mess hall, with plenty of food to go around for another week or so.

windfall searches the mage and his bags and cabin and finds a scroll of fireball [5d6] and a potion of invisibility. there is no gold left on this ship though.

Higgs finds a place on the deck near the sail and leans easily on it. seems things just got sweeter for his friends.

gallagher
2013-03-03, 02:38 PM
Well, this ship was set out to find pirates, so I say we go find some pirates and plunder their plunder!

Quakes
2013-03-03, 02:55 PM
Good plan. I bet the captain's log has bounties and known hunting grounds marked on their charts.