PDA

View Full Version : Help with a Healer Crafter of Magic Relics

Vrikolaka
2013-02-11, 12:59 PM
Hey ya! How are You, man?
Another question, that I'm needing question. Three, in fact.

Well. I have an Healer 10/Contemplative 3 (first domain: Family), that is going to Craft Magic Items (Craft Wounderous Items and Sanctify Relic). But, my Party is not of "worshipers" of my goddess (Amalia, the god of love), and our DM doesn't give that much Magic Items.

Attributes: Str 10, Dex 12, Con 8, Int 13, Wis 17, Cha 16
Feats:
1st: Sacred Vow
Half-Elf: Skill Focus (Knowledge Religion)
Healer Bonus: Skill Focus (Heal)
3rd: Vow of Non-Violence
6th: Extend Spell
9th: Augment Heal
10th(bonus): Craft Wounderous Item
12th: Sanctify Relic

Here my Questions:
- What kind of Craft is good to pick, to create my Magical Items? I wanna make kind of vestiments, to enhance the players strenghts (and my flaws, just like my AC, HP, Attributes and the like)
- I have the Family Domain, with the Bonus Domain of Contemplative. And, that domain has Imbue with Spell Ability (http://dndtools.eu/spells/players-handbook-v35--6/imbue-with-spell-ability--2625/), a 4th level spell. The question is: I can use that spell, to pass Spells for my Allies, to them burn for use my Magic Relics (that is to pass magic items for my non-magical users, just like my Half-Orc Fighter/Cavalier)?
- If I doesn't have an spell, in my Spell List, and I have an Caster (we have two wizards and one sorcerer) who Has the Spell, he can help me with the spells, to create my Magical Items?
- I wanna make an Braces of Armour to my Healer. But no one of my buddies has the Mage Armor, but my Gish (duelist/wizard/abjurant champion) has Mass Mage Armor, and it has an enormous bonus. Considering that him can help me with the spell that I doesn't have, the Mass mage Armor can be used to make the item? Or just Mage Armor can work?

That was more questions that I wanna make, but I've forgotted them... :smalltongue:

Thanks, buddies! :D

Fouredged Sword
2013-02-11, 01:20 PM
Ask your DM if you can just activate the item for them. Spellcasters can provide the spellcasting component for others for such things like item crafting and such.

Then it should just be a matter of a UMD check to emulate the class feature of a divine spellcaster, with you providing the actual slot (DC20).

Craft wonderous items is very useful for many good items such as stat boosters and such. Scribe scroll is good to provide nitch spells you need available, but don't want to dedicate a slot to each day. Craft magic arms/armor is a staple. Potions are not very useful, but wands are nice.

Vrikolaka
2013-02-11, 01:35 PM
I'm seeing with the DM, if we can "afford" some feats (an expansion of our guild) via Magical Laboratory, to pick Create Wand. Ok, will not be an Sanctified Wand, but, that's okay... :P

Spellcasters can provide the spellcasting component for others for such things like item crafting and such.

That interest me... :smallcool:

Then it should just be a matter of a UMD check to emulate the class feature of a divine spellcaster, with you providing the actual slot (DC20)

Didn't get that. So, even if I pass to them an Mine Spell Slot, they'll need to use UMD to cast it? ._. (the Wands will be used by me, just in case...)

And, thanks for the Reply!

Fouredged Sword
2013-02-11, 01:44 PM
To use a relic, you require two things, to be a divine spellcaster, and to expend a spell slot of a given level.

A UMD check of 20+class level emulated allows you to emulate the class feature of divine spellcasting. They do not actually get spell slots to expend though, so that is where you come in and expend a spell slot for them.

Speak to your DM though, and read the relic section carefully. With the cost of an expended slot still being paid, many DM's would yet you activate the item and then hand it to them. The activation lasts all day after all, and the item may not turn off when handed to another character.

Vrikolaka
2013-02-11, 01:56 PM
To use a relic, you require two things, to be a divine spellcaster, and to expend a spell slot of a given level.

A UMD check of 20+class level emulated allows you to emulate the class feature of divine spellcasting. They do not actually get spell slots to expend though, so that is where you come in and expend a spell slot for them.

Oooh... Now I Get it... :D

And, what kind of Craft will be good to create my Wondrous Items? I'm telling about the Skill. Like Armorsmithing, Tailoring, and that such.
- Craft Armors/Weapons is not my idea to pick, just because of RP vow of character (why I'll make an weapon, just to see my creations to kill others?). Armors are okay, but my group, 60% of the group doesn't use Armors (fighter/cavalier[who is buffed by the duelist/wizard], the duelist/wizard, the sorcerer and the wizard/sorcerer; and I wanna throw my armor in the garbage too [with belt of monk + bracers of armor]).
- Potions I don't wanna make.
- Scrolls, I can ask for my Wizard, and use my spell slots to create them together.
- Wands I'm intrested.
- And, Wondrous Items... Ok, I have the feat. :P

And, just in case, what kind of Items are good to create in that levels?

Fouredged Sword
2013-02-11, 02:06 PM
Well, the stat boosting items are always a favored item. Craft them for everyone's relevant stats (with everyone having a +con item) with +2's by 5-8th level. Especially if you are willing to avoid buying armor, the costs are possible.

Healing belts are very nice for keeping everyone alive. Give everyone their own and everyone can pick back up an ally who gets pushed into negatives.

Arms and armor opens up the option of crafting everyone a merciful disrupting sudden stunning club for mortal incapacitating and undead destroying fun, as well as leather armor to provide a basis for enhancements such as soulfire (immunity to negative levels) and fortification (chance if ignoring sneak attacks/crits)

Vrikolaka
2013-02-11, 02:44 PM
I was not thinking about armor, because the Duelist/Wizard have Mass Mage Armor, giving +9 CA for everyone (with my Family Domain, the bonus goes to +13). Just because of that.

The Sudden Stunning Disrupting Merciful Club is particulary intresting. But for me, with my incredibles Str 10, and my party members with Heavy Weapons, or Weapon Focuses that they will not "forget", that is not an Option, unfortunatly. Unless I could Create an Weapon that makes touch attacks with that... :smalltongue:

Healing Belts are pretty awesome, and I didn't remembered that!!

And, that are rules to make one item with multiple bonus in atributes, right? I'm thinking to make an Con/Wis magic item for me (I need it. Seriously! ._.), and some Dex/Int for my party members (Str/Con to the two Fighters).

Ah, and, these are my party members:

- Human Sorcerer/Warmage (an PrC, I think of Dragonlance), focused on fire spells.
- Half-Orc Fighter/Cavalier (with an Dire Boar as an Mount)
- Human Fighter (AoO build, with Robillar Gambit and 2 swords; Ronin Samurai-Flavor Character.)
- Elf Duelist/Wizard/Abjurant Champion/Arcane Swordsman (an Homebrew Class), with two rapiers, focused in Uber AC and number of attacks.
- Elf Wizard/Sorcerer/Ultimate Magus
- And My Half-Elf Healer/Contemplative, worshiper of the Goddess of Love.

What kind of Magic Items that I can create to them? Some Ideas?

Fouredged Sword
2013-02-11, 04:22 PM
You can throw merciful on any weapon and it turns all the damage it does to non-lethal and an extra d6 of damage on top of that. Throw it on rapiers and lances as required.

Padded armor does not provide much protection, but it won't slow anyone down ether. Slap a bunch of non-ac enhancements on +1 padded armor and let the party benifit from the extras even if they don't need the AC. Everyone in the party getting +1 fire resistance padded armor will make the warmage able to be a lot less careful with his blasting. Add twilight as an enhancement to the arcane spellcasters armor to remove the ASF so they can cast without penalty.

Gavinfoxx
2013-02-11, 04:28 PM
Well, since you only have Craft Wondrous Item as your main method of crafting... you should, um, make Wondrous Items? Seriously? Just put together as much GP and gp-worth-of-what-goes-into-magic-items as you can, and go wild making a bunch of useful magic items! Pay people for the spells that go into the wondrous items...

Gavinfoxx
2013-02-11, 04:32 PM
Some useful Wondrous Items:

Vest of Resistance
Cloak of Resistance
Travel Cloak
Shadow Cloak
Cloak of Elemental Protection
Collar of Perpetual Attendance
Amulet of Tears
Gloves of Object Reading
Gloves of the Master Strategist
Artificer's Monocle
Anklet of Translocation
Arcanist's Gloves
Hat of Disguise
Amulet of Natural Armor
Reliquary Holy Symbol
Healing Belt
Belt of Hidden Pouches
Handy Haversack
Fortifying Bedroll

etc. etc. etc.

Vrikolaka
2013-02-11, 05:36 PM
Some useful Wondrous Items:

Vest of Resistance
Cloak of Resistance
Travel Cloak
Shadow Cloak
Cloak of Elemental Protection
Collar of Perpetual Attendance
Amulet of Tears
Gloves of Object Reading
Gloves of the Master Strategist
Artificer's Monocle
Anklet of Translocation
Arcanist's Gloves
Hat of Disguise
Amulet of Natural Armor
Reliquary Holy Symbol
Healing Belt
Belt of Hidden Pouches
Handy Haversack
Fortifying Bedroll

etc. etc. etc.

Fabulous!
Great selection of low level and utile items! Some are very useful (like Hat of Disguise, Travel Cloak and Healing Belt), others.... I don't think so (like Reliquary Holy Symbol; most because no one in the party Turns Undead). But, in most, very useful items. :D

Thanks!
(thinking to make some Healing Belts, and cloaks/vest of resistances).
And, Yeah, I can put some attributes bonus in another items, right? My question is: I can put 2 different bonus (like, +2 con and +2 wis, in my cloak of charisma +2; or +2 wis and +3 resistance)?

Gavinfoxx
2013-02-11, 06:18 PM
There are SEVERAL rules for combining magic items of one sort or another.

You should look at:

The SRD rules for magic items
The DMG rules for combining magic items
The ERRATA to the DMG
The MIC rules for combining magic items.

The long and short of it is, "Look up magic items that are naturally the same slot. Look at the list of 'easy to add' in the Magic Item Compendium. You can combine like slotted magic items, at a premium of 1.5x the cost for all but the most expensive item, unless it is from the easy add list in the MIC, which don't have that 1.5x premium cost".

So, for example, you can make a:

Travel Cloak 1200 * 1.5 = 1800
Shadow Cloak 5500gp
Cloak of Resistance +1 1000
Cloak of Elemental Protection 1400 * 1.5 = 2100
Cloak of Charisma +2 4000
Cloak of Weaponry 2300*1.5 = 3450

For: 1800+5500+1000+2100+4000+3450 = 17850 gp...

Vrikolaka
2013-02-12, 12:44 PM
Huuum... OK, THanks, man!
:smallbiggrin: