PDA

View Full Version : Intern for WOTC

silverwolfer
2013-02-12, 12:25 AM
So I was stumbling and bumbling along this and found this

http://company.wizards.com/about/careers/live-team-developer-%E2%80%93-intern-job-renton-wa-us?careers-view=1

I know alot of folks would kill for a chance like this ,it is outside my living area, but figured someone might be around that area and a reader of this forum, and might enjoy the info.

Synovia
2013-02-12, 05:35 PM
I'm always amused by stuff like this. Its a $100K a year qualification sheet for an unpaid internship. Yeah, its a cool place to work, but that only goes so far.

Friv
2013-02-13, 11:16 AM
I'm always amused by stuff like this. Its a $100K a year qualification sheet for an unpaid internship. Yeah, its a cool place to work, but that only goes so far.

$100K a year?

For a job that requires "no experience, still in college"? No company's liable to pay that kind of cash for that kind of job. If you know of one, that is frankly magic.

(And at least this unpaid internship grants a college credit. Most don't even do that.)

Synovia
2013-02-13, 11:47 AM
$100K a year?

For a job that requires "no experience, still in college"? No company's liable to pay that kind of cash for that kind of job. If you know of one, that is frankly magic.

(And at least this unpaid internship grants a college credit. Most don't even do that.)

The no experience, still in college is a throwaway when you have minimum knowlege section saying:

- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Required ability to code c# .net
- Required ability to code HTML/Javascript/CSS
- Preferred ability to code SQL
- Desired familiarity with MVC design pattern
- Desired familiarity with WCF
- Required ability to collaborate with other developers for review and design discussions
- Required ability to look at existing code base and engineer fixes and feature enhancements

If you know .NET, and are good in SQL, as well as understand development processes, there are $100K a year jobs growing on trees.

maybe not for someone in college, but almost nobody in college has these qualifications.

Friv
2013-02-13, 04:21 PM
That may be; I don't have enough knowledge of programming to know how critical that is. But the posting is specifically and only for college students with 0 experience, so if there is a disconnect, it is in the fact that the people looking for the intern either don't know that or don't think that those jobs are as easy to get with no experience as you do.