PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5 Help with cleric of jubilex

Lazarus
2013-02-12, 06:57 AM
I really wanna play a cleric of jubilex!!! anybody have any advice on how to go about this? or maybe a better base class besides a cleric... thinking stealthy assassin style cleric..:smallbiggrin:

silverwolfer
2013-02-12, 01:54 PM
isn't jubliex the slime PRC?

Venger
2013-02-12, 04:39 PM
I really wanna play a cleric of jubilex!!! anybody have any advice on how to go about this? or maybe a better base class besides a cleric... thinking stealthy assassin style cleric..:smallbiggrin:

well, what specifically is your goal? do you want sneak attack? do you want divine casting?

if you don't mind low-op, black flame zealot gives 3 dice of SA and half divine casting. it could help you skulk around and do some spells.

did you want to do an actual assassin? that might work as well. also check out psionic assassin in secrets of sarlona and psychic assassin up online here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040723d)

you'll definitely want to check out player's guide to faerun's slimelord and masters of the wild's oozemaster prestige classes if you enjoy slimes and stuff.

slimelord gives you a paralyzing touch with pseudopods, charm monster as a gaze attack, and immunity to poison, paralysis, stunning, crits, polymorphing, and alter self at will as a su ability

oozemaster lets you get into cracks 1 inch in diameter and gives you a variety of ooze powers, including two that deal con damage. it also gives resistance to crits, immunity to mind affecting, and eventually, the ooze type for the purposes of effects. comes with a -1 penalty to cha for every 2 levels, so don't dump that stat too hard or you'll lapse into a coma you can never reawaken from

isn't jubliex the slime PRC?

that's "thrall of jubilex" from book of vile darkness. (nota bene: jubilex is sometimes called "juiblex" as he is in fiendish codex I) just in case you're trying to google stuff.

it's notable for having polymorph at will at 4, and letting you summon a bunch of slimes.

Lazarus
2013-02-13, 12:31 AM
Thanks for all the help guys!! But i was also wondering if a druid would be better? my DM has allowed me to substitute all the "Animal" abilities (including wild shape) for oozes and slimes... comments?