PDA

View Full Version : Yomi Island IC

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-12, 12:20 PM
It has been a few hours since you set off from the boat, riding on the back of a runt of a wailord (still big enough to carry you all confortably). You have just entered the veil of mist when the old man guiding the way tells you all to remain quiet until you get to shore. Shadows dart through the mist, and the water surrounding you, you occasionally spot an odd example of a pokemon that would otherwise be familiar, like a remoraid that looks like a clown fish or a tentacool floating through the mist as if it was water.

Before long, you reach the shore of the island, the mist subsiding meer meters from the shoreline, "I'll be back in a few days with more supplies, young'uns," the old man says as you leave the back of the Wailord, "and remember to take care of those eggs, they'll be useful once they hatch," he says with a grin, giving the first indication that it was a pokemon egg.

The wailord backs away from the shore, "keep in mind what those tech-heads said about those pods too, press the button when you get to a good spot to set up shop," he vanishes into the mist moments later, a soft chuckle drifting on the wind to you with what sounds like a 'Good Luck' coming right after.

Tybar
2013-02-12, 12:46 PM
Wynter takes a deep breath and grins, checking out the shoreline.

That mist was great! Should we find somewhere to setup camp, or explore some first?

She takes another deep breath, and lets some snowflakes form as she breathes out.

BluesEclipse
2013-02-12, 01:08 PM
Terra looks around, examining the surrounding landscape. "I'd suggest finding a place to set up camp first - we can explore once we have a base of operations."

Regalus
2013-02-12, 01:22 PM
Trevor let out a held breath before strecthing a bit,"Everyone okay?" he inquired as he eyed their motley crew, more than thankful for the uneventful ride.

"Agreed; no point lookin for trouble, if we'll only get lost," he commented with a nod before checking on Anaia, the Riolu scanning the area warily. "Do we have a welcoming party on the way, or are we all clear for now?"

Dragonsage
2013-02-12, 02:22 PM
Tala was ecstatic about the thought about exploring the new island when she took a first few steps on the shore. She took a quick look around her surroundings while listening to the old man's words. Which reminded her to check to see if her equipment was still in working order, since she did hear about devices going haywire going to the island.

After checking her stylist, she reached back to check her pokeballs only to find a chimchar gripping onto the leather straps for dear life. "Oh, Wukong it's okay now. You're not going to fall into the water, we're on land now." She petted the monkey, calming it enough to loosen its grip and climb onto her shoulder.

She never understood why the monkey insisted on being outside of its ball when traveling over water if it couldn't swim, but so far he hasn't fallen in yet. Maybe he was just being brave for her?

She lowered her hood when she heard the others started talking. "Setting up camp is always a good idea. Just need a good place to set up for now." She agreed to setting up camp, managing to put away her excitement for now in order to get priorities done first. "Maybe someplace nearby if we we're expecting supplies preferably where food isn't too difficult to acquire." She was more or less thinking out loud towards the end.

dethkruzer
2013-02-12, 02:43 PM
Melanie pulls up the goggles she had been keeping over her eyes in the mist, and almost as if having seen something in move from the corner of her eye, stares into the trees for a short moment, before simply shrugging it off. "I would agree on setting up camp. perhaps we should try to find a spring or some other source of fresh water."

Regalus
2013-02-12, 03:15 PM
"Looks like we got a pair natives eyeing us; just curious though," he announced as he interpretted Anaia's message. "Think maybe a pair of rodents; though it seems like the little guys lost interest and moved on," he ended before scanning the area for any landmarks, if this island was unpopulated by humans chances were that those two would just be the first a many curious onlookers.

Tybar
2013-02-12, 04:27 PM
Wynter releases Snowy and looks around too, the Vanillite zipping around Wynter's feet.

Well, let's find some shelter. Come on Terra.

She starts walking toward the island's interior, whistling lightly as she looks for a place to setup camp.

Gorgondantess
2013-02-12, 06:33 PM
Annie steps off the Wailord, positively glowing, arms wide as if to embrace the whole landmass.
"Hello, Yomi Island!"
...Mommy's home.
With that, she lets out a large yawn. "Well, I don't know anything at all about all this... setting up camp and whatnot. Why, I even figure I'd get in the way! I'll leave the roughnecking to you strapping young roustabouts."

Dragonsage
2013-02-12, 07:28 PM
"Lets go Wukong." Tala said to the monkey before he jumped off the ranger's shoulder and started to go along the shore, only stopping to wait for it's trainer. Tala then looked over to Annie and said. "Well If you don't know anything about camping, then I'm sure I can help you with anything you need help with." She offered with a friendly smile, hopping to teach her a thing or two about wilderness survival during their time on the island. She then started after the monkey before he got too impatient, and began to look for a good camp site.

BluesEclipse
2013-02-12, 07:34 PM
Terra watches as Wynter begins heading towards the interior of the island and walks over, stopping her with a hand on the shoulder. "We'll probably want to stick to the shoreline for now, until we've got a better idea of the terrain inland."

Regalus
2013-02-12, 07:38 PM
Trevor pulled out one of his pokeballs, and brought out Virgil; having the black hound mark the area to make it easier to find later. "Maybe, though for now it's best we all stick together; strength in numbers while in strange places and all that jazz," he explained nonechelantly as Anaia lept unto and sat on his backpack; leaning her back against Trevor's with practiced ease.

dethkruzer
2013-02-12, 07:45 PM
"Sounds good I suppose." Melanie replies with a slight smirk on her face. "Although I suppose an extra pair of eyes wouldn't hurt. Derzelas, come out!" She called out, releasing her Whirlipede.

Tybar
2013-02-12, 10:14 PM
Yeah, you're right. Glad to see other outdoorsy people here. Besides, it's cooler here.

Wynter walks along the shoreline, tracing frost in the air.

BluesEclipse
2013-02-12, 10:21 PM
Terra blinks as the Pokemon appear before him and says, "Oh... hello, there..." Having no idea what type of Pokemon these are, he pulls out his Pokedex to scan them, hoping to get a better idea of how to interact with them.

Regalus
2013-02-12, 10:41 PM
Trevor blinks in surprise as Anaia points out the welcoming party; making a mental note of a neat spot he'd sighted before turning to face their guests.

"Oh well, howdy there!" he exclaims amiably, gesturing to Anaia so that she could hopefully translate between the parties,"I hope we're not trespassing, we don't mean any harm. Just new 'round these parts, and tryin' to get our bearings," he added with a friendly smile, if Anaia had no problem with these critters it served them good and well to try and break the ice.

Tybar
2013-02-12, 10:52 PM
Wynter stops and steps in front of her 'baby' brother.

Hey, be careful, my kid brother scares easily.

She grins and doesn't move for her pokedex yet, but the air around her hums a bit with electricity, not sure what is going on, and not liking how they appeared in front of Terra like that.

Dragonsage
2013-02-12, 11:03 PM
Tala's attention was pulled away from Wukong's antics to see what Trevor was calling out to. She looks over in the direction the others were looking in and had her pokedex ready to scan what ever she may see.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-12, 11:46 PM
The Dex scans for a moment before it dings Abra, the telepath pokemon. These pokemon sleep 18 hours a day to keep their psychic power in check. They are aware enough while sleeping to teleport away from battles.

The wizened abra opens an eye and snatches the pokedex, examining it, "interesting device" it says in a tired, obviously male voice, surprising everyone, "but not really accurate on this island," it says with a sigh.

The red marked abra glares at the pokedex as the other hands it back, "it's like its calling us lazy!" it shouts, it's easy to identify it as female, "we work as hard as any other tribe! Harder than some, even!" she says indignantly.

Dragonsage
2013-02-13, 12:17 AM
Tala was really surprised by the reactions of the Abras in contrast to normal abras she'd heard of. "Guess we can't relay too much on the information the pokedex gives us here." she said putting it away after seeing if there's a mute setting for it, not wanting it to cause more incidents in the future. "Our apologies, we didn't mean any insults. Like we said, we're new to the island and that device would only have accurate information for pokemon off this island."

dethkruzer
2013-02-13, 08:24 AM
Melanie whips out her pokedex to scan the new pokemon as they appear, but almsot drops the device when the two abra begin to speak. "They can talk? How is that possible?" She asks out loud. Derzelas on the other hand is rolling back and forth, to get a look around, and proceeds to let out a threatening hiss. "No, no, stay calm, we don't want any trouble." The breeder whispers in a stern voice, and while the Whirlipede does seize it's aggresive behavior, it is still visibly agitated.

Regalus
2013-02-13, 09:59 AM
Trevor nodded slowly, resisting the urge to question the obvious, and was quite relieved when Melanie voiced his thoughts. After following the other's examples, he chimed "Hehe, I suppose it means your...tribe are far more skilled than any abra back home! Sounds like you folks also got a lot more spirit than them too!" he commented cheerfully hopping to diffuse some of the tension and ignore the unease brought by these most curious circumstances.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-13, 12:26 PM
The older one raises an eyebrow, "do are kind not speak on the other islands?" he asks, clearly confused, while the red marked one says, "of course we can talk, what did you expect? Only being able to say our name?" it's now that you notice she appears to be very different from even the abra around them, who were looking and speaking amongst each other. She's leaner, taller than any of the others and has more muscle definition than the others too, something that seems odd for an abra.

"Yoko, they're not from the island, it may be different on the other islands," the older one says.

"But Uncle," she starts, only to have the other interrupt by pulling her around and whispering to her, you see her face go bright red before she turns away with an indignant "mou" noise that sounds more like a verbal tick than a word.

"Sorry about Yoko, she has a lot of pride, which she has yet to outgrow," he says then offers Terra a hand, "you can call me Amnail," he says, and the moment he says it, the other abra start emerging from cover to look on more openly, apparently he was respected enough to have the others trust his judgement on outsiders.

Tybar
2013-02-13, 01:08 PM
Wynter relaxes a bit as it's clear the old abra is calm and not a threat to her brother and adopts a grin.

I'm Wynter. I'll let Terra introduce himself. Nope, abra don't talk where we come from. Isn't that right Snowy?

Snowy makes a little noise, fidgetting by Wynter's feet.

Gorgondantess
2013-02-13, 03:55 PM
Annie shrieks with delight as soon as she sees- or rather, hears- the talking Abra.
"Now aren't you just precious!"
She runs straight up to the elderly one, takes a knee, and smooshes his face.
"A talking Abra, now that's something I never expected to see in all my years! How precocious, how quaint, how... capital!"
She rustles in her bag for a moment, pulling out her one and only completed, empty poke ball.
"Now, Mr. Amnail, this is very important. Do you know what this is?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-13, 04:13 PM
"Gah!" the wizened abra shouts when Annie gets too close for comfort, he teleports almost instantly, "you trying to give me a heart attack!?" he shouts once he gets reoriented, though there is some humor in his voice.

At the same time, Yoko actually takes up a martial arts stance, but calms when her uncle makes a joke and shakes her head before looking at the pokeball, "these things wash up on shore every now and then, I collect them, actually. They have a lot of different markings on them, I just thought they were some kind of unusual shell. What are they?" she asks.

The other abra are all curious too, though one does look a bit pale.

Gorgondantess
2013-02-13, 04:31 PM
Annie giggle good-naturedly as the Abra chastises her, slippery little devil he is. She gestures to her teammates.
"Hang tight, ladies and gentlemen. I'll handle this." She smiles confidently.
"Why, Mr. Amnail, this here is simply the greatest, most powerful invention ever made. Why, these little spheres hold the power to unlock the secrets of this Chimchar... this Riolu... you yourself, Mr. Amnail, and your dear, sweet, precious niece. In these little varicolored spheres holds the power to move mountains, soar through the sky, and control the elements themselves. It is nothing but the power of power- control, over everything. And if you would take me to... wherever you folks reside, I suppose- I think I can give you a very thorough demonstration."

Tybar
2013-02-13, 05:27 PM
Wynter frowns at Annie's speech, and looks sidelong at Terra. I think an explanation would work well too. So, are there more than just your tribe here? Are they all Abra?

Dragonsage
2013-02-13, 05:48 PM
Tala raised a brow as Annie began her sales pitch. Wukong climbed onto the ranger's shoulder and listened to the sales pitch, intrigued by Annie's descriptions of the device that he called his home from time to time. Tala was more interested about the tribes personally as she waited for an answer Wynter's question.

Regalus
2013-02-13, 06:26 PM
"The name's Trevor, this here's Anaia and that's Virgil," he greeted alongside his mon. Things were certainly looking up! He had so many questions to ask, especially seeing as Abra weren't exactly combat capable; only good at fleeing unless specially trained. That fact caused the young Yoko to catch his eye in particular. Her physical development seem so out of place in a psychic type; let alone an abra of all things. It made him wonder in what other way she and the others were different.

Then Annie begins her pitch, Trevor eyed Annie warily; gesturing to Anaia or Virgil to check her aura. He had a bad feeling in his gut about this, but thought it best to see how things played out before doing anything.

dethkruzer
2013-02-13, 07:33 PM
Melanie watched from the sidelines as the situation developed, but when she saw the events unfold, and how she expected they would continue, the breeder saw it was best to step in. "Annie, I really don't think that's such a good idea."

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-13, 09:30 PM
Amnail raises an eyebrow, "Sorry, but I cannot allow outsiders into the village, it's the same for all outsiders, not just your kind," the abra says, "however, we can set up an area for you to stay if you'd like," he offers.

Dragonsage
2013-02-13, 09:47 PM
"We would be most thankful for such an offer. We were just looking for a place to set up camp before we stumbled upon each other." Tala gave a grateful nod to Amnail. She was only slightly disappointed about not being able to see the tribe's village, but she understood their concerns about outsiders. "My name is Tala Xun. If there's something I can do in return for your generosity, please just ask." She gave the elder abra a friendly smile.

BluesEclipse
2013-02-14, 12:51 AM
Terra watches the Abra interact with the others, somewhat nervous at Annie's pitch, before saying, "Indeed... if you can show us an adequate campsite, we would be most appreciative. And I meant no offense with the Pokedex - it hadn't occured to me that your kind might be different here than what we're used to. My name is Terra... it's a pleasure to meet you, Amnail."

Tybar
2013-02-14, 08:31 AM
Wynter nods at all of this, and goes ahead and gets the data for Abra in her pokedex. Oh yeah, nice to meet you. Does anyone know how to add notes to these entries? Maybe we should do that while we're here.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-14, 05:01 PM
"Yoko, would you show them to the site?" Amnail asks the other abra, she sighs and nods, "she'll show you to one of the nearby grottoes, it's sheltered from the elements, but you'll need to get everything else yourself," he looks at Annie, "if you'd like to make a demonstration, that would be the place to do it, I will not be able to meet up with you again until I speak with the other tribes, they'll need to know about your arrival. Until then," he teleports away, along with most of the other abra, Yoko and another that has dark blue armor instead of the usual brown being the only ones to stay behind, the one with the blue armor has a fishing rod and is actually already fishing in the ocean nearby, not paying attention. You actually see he has something on the line, a magikarp by the look of it.

Yoko sighs while looking at the fisher-abra, "Zshar! They left," she calls out to him, getting him to start and yank the magikarp out of the water a bit to hard, hitting himself in the face with it. Yoko snorts to hold back a laugh, which is only moderately effective since a couple snickers get through. Zshar blushes at the incident and teleports away with the magikarp.

Once he's gone Yoko actually lets herself laugh, "he's fun to tease," she says with a small smile, "come on, the grotto's this way," she says, leading the way. Now would be the time to ask her any questions, or for her to ask you some, "so, what are those eggs your holding?" she asks, "I can already sense the minds in them, but they're not patterned like ones I'm familiar with."

Dragonsage
2013-02-14, 05:44 PM
Tala lets a few chuckles escape after the blue abra teleported away after hitting himself. Wukong was also amused by the sight and started to laugh but the ranger stopped him before her got too carried away with it. "I'm not sure. They're not like any pokemon egg I've seen before." Tala shrugged, not really having a clue about the egg. Maybe if she had paid more attention in her mother's clinic, she might have known?

"About these other tribes. Are they friendly?" She figured she'd ask in case they run into another tribe.

dethkruzer
2013-02-14, 06:31 PM
The breeder stared at the blue Abra for a while, before turning his attention back at Yoko. She seemed to be having difficulties comprehending all of this. It took a moment for her to calm herself, at which point she stepped forward to speak. "Ummm, is this grotto far from here? because it would probably be best to stay relatively close to the beach, at least if the old man is gonna bring some supplies." Melanie asked, aiming the question at Yoko.

Tybar
2013-02-14, 08:49 PM
Wynter moves alongside Yoko. So, any good mountains to climb here and does it snow often? I tend to like cooler weather.

She breathes out, forming a little dancing mist ballerina that dissipates quickly. Snowy follows closely behind, studying Yoko.

Regalus
2013-02-14, 11:06 PM
Trevor and Anaia did a poor job of hidding their own snickers, even as Virgil chastised them slightly, then again it wasn't every day one saw an Abra blush like that."Guess this means they're further along than I thought! Can't wait to see what these little guys hatch into!" he commented cheerfully.

"So I gotta ask; you look pretty strong. Does your tribe normally train physically in addition to your mental abilities?" he inquired studying Yoko's form carefully.

BluesEclipse
2013-02-14, 11:49 PM
Terra follows along, observing the unusual Abra carefully. "You can sense the minds within these eggs already, then? Does that mean they're close to hatching? I honestly don't know what might hatch from it, and I'm honestly pretty curious..."

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-15, 02:02 PM
Yoko laughs lightly before answering your questions in order:

"Generally speaking, though the Sableye and Sneasel Tribes are a little on edge lately," she says, "our tribe and the smaller Audino Tribe are the friendliest ones you'll find on the island."

"Just a bit inland, it was originally a spinarak nest that we had to clear out when they started to steal our medicine, but the webbing makes it a natural shelter for anyone that wants to use it."

"The mountains are mainly controlled by the Sneasel Tribe, but there are some smaller ones that outsiders can climb without needing to send a messenger first... I can take you to one later. And it only snows on the mountains," Yoko says a little interested in the display.

"I was always an active child, my father was a Meditite from the Riolu Tribe, so it's sorta in the blood," she says, then points to a stand of trees covered in webbing, "that's the spot. Anyway, I've let my psychic abilities go, I can still use some of the smaller abilities, but I'm better with physical combat."

"Not really, our own eggs take maybe a few days to be able to be sensed, but the messenger eggs can take up to a day before they hatch before you can sense anything. I'm just good at sensing them though, so they may take a while, or be about to hatch, depending on how intelligent they'll be when they hatch... they do seems to reflect yourselves a little though."

Regalus
2013-02-15, 02:23 PM
"Looks like you'll be able to make some new friends here Anaia," Trevor comments happily, though Anaia merely nods silently. "Maybe the three of us might be able to train together abit sometime, our body types are similar enough that we might be able to pick up a few new tricks from each other if we compare fighting styles," offered Trevor amicably to their guide, though he was unsure what to make of her comment about the eggs development.

Tybar
2013-02-15, 03:15 PM
Wynter grins when she sees that Yoko is interested in her display. My brother and I can both do things like this. I can control other elements too, but ice is my favorite, with electricity and rock behind them.

She demonstrates by causing a small crackle of lightning to appear between her fingers on her left hand, and causing a bit of light to brighten from her other palm.

And I love mountain climbing, maybe I should talk to the other tribes about getting to climb.

Gorgondantess
2013-02-15, 03:55 PM
Annie just smiles softly as the Abras speak. Making her proposal to them was moot at this point, though she certainly wouldn't mind milking them for information.
"Which would you say is the largest, most powerful tribe on this island? And are there any... tensions, or frictions between the tribes?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-15, 04:22 PM
"Actually I was curious because Zshar can do the same thing with water and ice, though he can't use his psychic abilities for anything else, really," Yoko says to Wynter, "Because of it, he's the best fisherman on the island, but he's too shy to actually show off."

"Hm, the most prominent is actually our tribe, we make the medicine for the entire island, the Riolu Tribe is right behind with the more mystical form of healing," Yoko says, "The Sableye Tribe are the strongest, I guess, though the Sneasel Tribe, being hunters, often rub against each other. They have a competition every month to relieve some of the tension that builds up luckily, otherwise we may have had an incident. Besides that, there's only one other major Tribe, the Cubone Tribe. They're rather peaceful despite being weaponsmiths."

Tybar
2013-02-15, 04:39 PM
Wynter listens, idly letting the lightning slide around her fingers. I would love to talk to Zshar then. Is there anything you want to see?

Gorgondantess
2013-02-15, 04:40 PM
"I see," Annie says, hand on her chin, pondering. "And what exactly are these weapons for, then?"

dethkruzer
2013-02-15, 05:03 PM
"It sounds like the tribes work together more-or less, I'd quess the weapons are for trade." Melanie replied to Annie, before turning to Yoko. "Which brings to mind, are there other pokemon on the island that aren't affiliated with any tribes?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-15, 05:05 PM
"Hunting, mostly," Yoko says, "and protection, every now and again we have to deal with aggressive creatures. Like the gyarados that went on a rampage last year," she continues, "there's also sport. We have a biannual tournament where we fight using only our own skill and weapons. The Cubone Tribe use that time to test out there own skill as blacksmiths. I actually have a simple bladed weapon from them after winning the junior tournament... five years ago, I think," she says, "yea, five years ago. I don't use it much though."

You're now just outside the grotto, the inside is lit by a glowing orb that looks sort of like a berry, "here we are then, there's a stream not to far from here if you need the water," she says, then makes a whistling noise that turns into a buzz partway through. A black blur comes out of the forest before stopping on a dime next to Yoko. It's a sleak, black-bodied pokemon with a red face, four transparent wings grace its back and a false stinger on its long tail give it a slightly menacing look, "this is a messenger, if you need anything just tell him to find me," she says. The dragonfly like pokemon flies up and lands on top of the grotto, seemingly going to sleep.

@Anyone that Scans itIt's a black and red yanma. It is not a shiny yanma, mind, but it's not a normal one either.

Tybar
2013-02-15, 05:26 PM
Wynter scans it, and looks at the little bug. We don't normally see them this color.

She pulls out the metal thing and looks at it, then looks around the grotto for a good place to use it.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-15, 05:46 PM
"The Sneasel Tribe breeds and trains them for specific purposes, these ones are bred to take advantage of their natural speed and ability to build momentum while flying. The black coloration is for stealth and the red face is to scare off predators. They aren't very good fighters anymore, but they don't really need to be," Yoko replies, "I take it humans don't do the same?"

It's essentially a party pokemon now, it will try to avoid fights, but it has its uses.

Messenger Yanma - These yanma are trained to be incredibly fast and evasive while having an unerring ability to find their way. These yanma are marked by a black and red coloration instead of the normal red and green. They trade much of their combat ability to instead boost their speed and evasiveness. It is very hard to hit one of these little pokemon.

Male, Level 10, Jolly, Speed Boost
-2 Atk, -2 Sp.Atk, +4 Spd, all Level Points into Speed, cannot have its Atk or SpAtk increased
+4 Sky Capability
Move List: Foresight, Quick Attack, Double Team, Flash

This one is essentially a party pokemon, a helpful pokemon that is not caught or owned by anyone in the party but can be commanded by anyone. It's not a good fighter, but will do in an emergency.

BluesEclipse
2013-02-15, 06:36 PM
Terra shakes his head as he looks at the unusual bug, scanning it himself. "It's exceedingly rare, for us at least, to see any Pokemon with an unusual coloration such as this... how can you breed them to have these characteristics?"

dethkruzer
2013-02-15, 06:48 PM
Melanie approaches the yamna, scanning it with her pokedex, before offering her hand to ithe dragonfly pokemon. "So, does he respond to any particular name? Or should we just call him messenger?" She the asked from Yoko.

Dragonsage
2013-02-15, 06:54 PM
Tala scans the messenger yanma, before she sends out Mazu as she looked into the grotto. She then knelt down and petted the Eevee. "Okay Mazu, this is where we're going to be staying for a while. You know what to do." She pointed towards the entrance of the grotto.

The little brown fox then moved up and started to sniff about the entrance. "I'm having her get familiar with the area in case she needs to find her way back for any reason." She explained while she let the eevee do her thing. She then took out the metal pod and waited for Mazu to finish up before looking for a spot to set up. In the meanwhile she listened to the exchange of questions and answers.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-15, 11:19 PM
"I honestly don't know, only the Sneasel Tribe actually know how to do it, and they keep it to themselves," Yoko replies to Terra, "it's mainly for utility, the pokemon bred this way are rarely bred for combat."

"His name is Goe," the bug buzzes briefly, "and he's actually rather smart, even for one of the specifically bred ones, but he can't speak like we can, he'll be able to understand you though, you won't need to give him a letter or anything, at least not when dealing with our tribe."

"It's cute," Yoko says, looking at the eevee, "I've heard of eevee before, never seen one up close before..."

Dragonsage
2013-02-16, 02:33 AM
"She's an eevee alright. Been with me since she hatched." Tala watched Mazu finish up sniffing about the entrance area. She took Yoko's reaction to Mazu as that there could be wild eevee on the island. "Anyway if you'll excuse me, I am going to go ahead and start setting up." She nodded to Yoko before excusing herself with Wukong waving to the abra while the ranger made her way into the grotto.

Following her trainer into the grotto, Mazu continued to look around curiously while Tala scoped out a spot to set up. Once Mazu was satisfied she found a spot for the ranger, where Tala took the metal pod pressed its button, placed it on the ground, and waited to see what happened next.

Tybar
2013-02-16, 10:46 AM
Wynter grins at the little bug. I wonder if you and Snowy would enjoy racing. I guess that will be later though.

She finds a suitable spot, and she activates the metal pod.

BluesEclipse
2013-02-16, 04:08 PM
Terra nods, and answers, "So the coloring isn't merely an aesthetic change... it comes with changes to the capabilities of the Pokemon as well. That makes sense, then... I don't know of anyone back home who's actually tried to breed Pokemon for specific purposes." He watches the others activating those pods, and decides to wait and see what they do before activating his.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-16, 05:00 PM
Tala's pod makes a loud bang when it's set on the ground and releases a flash of soft light. In its place is a dome-like object that takes up roughly an eighth of the clearing, inside is a bed, a table, a heavy duty plastic container about the same height as Trevor, and two metal boxes on a platform that goes across part of the wall. A small device hangs from the ceiling. There's a door made of a metal frame and clear plastic panes that let you see out of it.

Wynter's, however, sparks first before doing the same. Inside is exactly the same, but one of the metal boxes is blackened and on the ground instead of on the platform around the wall, looking like it had been shorted out.

Forgot to give the dimensions of the grotto, it's actually pretty big, like an actual camping ground.

dethkruzer
2013-02-16, 07:32 PM
Melanie looks as the pods are activated with an expression of intrique, muttering something about how the pods work. "Well, that seems to take care of finding shelter, and water as well. I suppose finding food would be the next essential." She says, her Whirlipede bouncing up and down slightly upon the mentioning of food.

Tybar
2013-02-16, 10:09 PM
Wynter frowns at the damage, then looks at her fingers.

Huh, maybe I did that.

Dragonsage
2013-02-17, 12:55 AM
Tala stood and stared at the dome for a moment, not sure of how to feel about it. She admitted it was convenient, but it seemed to take some of the fun out of building a camp from scratch. While she was observing her room, Mazu and Wukong made their way to the bed. The eevee tried to make herself comfortable but the chimchar was bouncing about too much for that to happen.

"Don't get too comfortable you two." Tala gave them a look that stopped the monkey from bouncing at least. She then continued to check out the containers and boxes to see if they had anything before finally taking a look at the device hanging from the ceiling.

Regalus
2013-02-17, 11:47 AM
Rather than repeat his offer, Trevor thought it best to give Yoko some room to breathe once they'd arrived at the Grotto. The young abra was no doubt as overwhelmed by this whole affair as they were. "Still, talking pokemon; who'd a thunk it?" he mused aloud after bringing out Alicia, receiveing an indignant glare from Anaia. "Oh, you know what I mean!" he added as he began looking around the grotto.

Once he was pleased with his search, he looked for a good spot to activate the capsule; fleeing to a safe distance just in case things went far more awry than with Wynter's unit.

dethkruzer
2013-02-17, 03:24 PM
"I think I'll go and have a small look around before setting up shop." Melanie said, walking to the entrance of the grotto, before looking over her shoulder to see if anyone was going to accompany her.

BluesEclipse
2013-02-17, 11:05 PM
Terra watches as Wynter's dome sparks slightly, appearing to be somewhat broken, and sighs, before slipping his pod back into his pocket. At Melanie's suggestion, he says, "I wouldn't mind a look around myself... and to be honest, I'm not even sure I'm going to use that," he nods at the dome-like structure as he speaks, "at least not without being sure it's not reacting poorly to the kind of power that Wynter and I have."

Tybar
2013-02-19, 04:02 PM
Wynter releases the rest of her pokemon at once, smiling at them all.

Piton, come with me. The rest of you, stay here.

Wynter shrugs and focuses for a moment, and then her skin gains a fine layer of dirt. She then walks into her pod, inspecting it, poking the burnt out bits along with the rest of it.

Using Elemental Guard: Ground to protect from Fire and Electricity.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-19, 04:49 PM
Yoko turns to Melanie, "I'll come with you, you'll need to know what to look out for," she says, following along.

Tala finds medical supplies in one of the boxes, with the other linking to the large, water containment tank. Inside are several filters and a heating coil, by the look of it. The tank has a tap to it. It's only one nozel, meaning it will come out at one temperature. It would have been minimalistic if it wasn't for the device hanging from the ceiling, there's a fan inside with two sets of coils, it looked like the cooling system for a styler taken up a notch.

Trevor's pod does a perfect duplicate of Tala's, although there is some slight banging noises that fade to a low hum then go almost completely silent like the others.

The inside looks normal except for some small electrical burns on the box on the ground and a bit of water leaking from the other container.

Dragonsage
2013-02-19, 05:21 PM
"Not too bad." Tala shrugged after checking her dome. "Should save us some trouble later on." She looked down her two pokemon resting on the bed. "Come on you two, lets finally start doing some exploring." With that the Wukong Climbed onto the ranger's back and Mazu started trotting in front of the ranger as they exited the grotto.

Once outside, Tala takes a good look around to get her bearings as well as trying to see how the weather was going to look for the day. Once she's able to deduce the information she decides to follow Melanie. "I'll join you guys if you're doing some exploring."

might as well get some use out of this now
Internalized Senses
Static
Effect: At anytime you can discern the direction you are facing. You know a complete forecast of the day’s natural weather. You know a rough estimate of the time of day, to the nearest quarter of an hour.

Tybar
2013-02-19, 06:58 PM
Wynter nods and starts with the leaking container, salvaging everything and taking it back outside, hands covered in ice. Piton in tow, with anything the Aron can balance on her back.

Does anyone have a cooler? I can only chill these with my hands for so long.

Regalus
2013-02-19, 09:01 PM
Once he was sure that the assembly wouldn't expload on him; he poked around the area tying to see if everything was ship shape. Making sure to tell the others to wait for a bit. "Tala is there enough room in yours for Wynter's stuff?" he asked while he and his pokemons studied their conjured wares.

Dragonsage
2013-02-19, 11:21 PM
"Yeah, you can put some of your in my room if you need to." Tala answered.

Tybar
2013-02-19, 11:43 PM
Wynter nods and carts them over to Tala's pod, helping her find some room.

Thanks, it would be bad if we lost this many supplies.

Regalus
2013-02-21, 02:27 PM
After ensuring that his pod had deployed properly, Trevor joined the others; more than ready to see what new exotic sight lay in this new land. "So, anything we should keep an eye out for Yoko?" he inquired as he exited the cave, though as he walked out and eyed Goe a few more came to mind. "By the way, will Goe always come if anyone whistles, or is that just because the little guy's familiar with you?"

Exploration Roll: [roll0]

dethkruzer
2013-02-21, 03:00 PM
"A native guide will certainly be helpful, and greatly appreciated." Melanie says, stepping out of the grotto. She then inspect the immeidiate area around the grotto from where she is standing, wondering if there is perhaps an area where she could fabricate some kind of pen or fenced-off if she needed to do some pokemon-breeding.

EXPLODRE: [roll0]

BluesEclipse
2013-02-22, 04:03 PM
Terra follows Melanie out, looking around and trying to note any possible landmarks, or anything out of the ordinary.

D100 roll of excitement, GO! - [roll0]

Gorgondantess
2013-02-23, 05:36 AM
Annie stares over the various creations from the metal capsules, engrossed, practically licking her lips. What clever little contraptions. She waits with bated breath as she presses the button on her own, placing it somewhere near the middle of the group.
As the others begin to leave, she scrambles out of her pod. "Wait for me! I'm coming too!"
She couldn't possibly miss the first exploration of this new, pristine environment. Untold opportunities await, just waiting to be exploited.

Tybar
2013-02-24, 09:09 AM
Wynter tags along with the others, keeping a leisurely pace near the back with Piton still out.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-03, 04:05 PM
You all set out with Yoko, who points out several spots, including similar, though smaller, grottos to the one you were staying in that had useful and tasty herbs or berries, a plateau that has no way up but is visible from most parts of the island, and a few coastal tide pools where you could get some seafood and sea greens. She even grabbed samples for you to try.

You are passing by a cypress forest, which Yoko tells you is useful because the cypress roots make good staves for walking sticks and bows when a commotion starts in the forest, consisting of numerous crashes, thunks, and the rustling of leaves from several trees. Yoko teleports into a tree to take a look, then stumbles out of the tree, falling for a moment before teleporting to the group and immediately shouting, "run! We have to get out of here no-" she's interupted by a pair of scraggy, a boldore, a trubbish, and a ditto that's rapidly reverting from a black form to it's normal pink all go flying past you and into the ocean... a full football field away at minimum.

Yoko pales and turns to look behind you, a presence making itself known as the air seems to thicken, becoming like mollases for you to move through. Turning, you see what has Yoko so terrified, a black figure with glowing blue eyes, a stream of white mist flowing from its head and a red ring of spikes circling its neck, "daaaaark..." it vocalizes, Yoko looks like she's about to faint, then it points at her, "kraaaaiiiiii..." now she does faint, her eyes rolling up before she falls to the ground in a heap. It looks at her for a moment, then closes its hand. Yoko's shaking stills, her breathing slows, and she regains some color almost instantly.

The black pokemon then looks at the rest of the group, its glowing gaze falling over each person in the group before its body shimmers, and reshapes into a humanoid form (http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/213/9/e/darkrai_gijinka_by_ajanime12-d59fwjy.jpg), its gaze continues to shift from person to person for a moment, before it closes its eyes and speaks, "Elementals... and humans..." it says, it's voice is low, heavy, and echoes with a watery quality to it, you hear a click, as if it clicked its teeth, "welcome to Yomi... the Isle of the Dead... Domain of the Heralds..." it says, sizing each of you up. You hear another click as it walks/floats closer to you, the pressure increasing the closer he gets, until each of you collapse to the ground, barely able to stand his presence. It's hard to breathe, your senses are shot, and a pit has formed in each of your stomachs, causing a feeling of vertigo.

You hear a laugh, as the pressure goes away, the being backing away, "Asher picked well..." it says, then turns with its eyes glowing far brighter than they had before, "a challenge..." it says as Yoko slowly starts to wake up, "live..." it says, "and you'll recieve my blessing..." six black voids immediately appear between you and the entity, six pokemon emerging from them, all dark and twisted reflections of normal pokemon.

Out of the left-most void comes a dark purple and blue pokemon with several sharp angles constantly saying "Error Error".

The next void releases is a black sphere with neon green glowing eyes and markings, small spines extend from all angles.

Following that one is a black-skinned reptilian creature with a mask over its face and holding a scythe, both made of bone.

Then is a small rat-like creature with bony armor and greenish saliva dripping from its mouth to fizzle on the ground like acid.

Out of the second to last portal comes a fish-like pokemon floating in the air as if it were water with razor sharp teeth.

And the last is a bat-like mon covered in bristly black fur, large wings, and a circular nose with a broken heart shape on it.

"Do not bother trying to catch them... it won't work..." the entity says with another click, Yoko immediately coming to full wakefulness at that moment, and backing away rapidly from the entity, only to pause seeing the creatures in front of her

"W-what's going on?" she asks shakily.

"A challenge..." the entity states to her, "You may join if you choose... I will not be fighting..." Yoko calms on hearing that, though she's still obviously shaken, she shakes her head, and looks at the rest of you.

"I'm going to get Amnail," she says, "I'll be back as fast as I can!" she teleports.

The entity makes another click, a look of annoyance on its face, "even she's afraid... pity... she has potential..." he turns his attention to the group, "will you fight?" he waves a hand at the dark pokemon before him.

Dragonsage
2013-03-03, 05:41 PM
Tala feels a chill run up her spine as the dark creature spoke to the group. To think they'd encounter such a powerful being on the first day of exploration. She was thankful that it wasn't going to out right attack the group, there's no way she could think of a way to beat it. At least this challenge would be more fair.

"I'd say having a blessing is a good thing to have." Tala raised her hood, out of habit, and readied her bow. The fire monkey, riding on the ranger's back, grinned from the idea of a challenge and climbed down beside its trainer. "We're game, if you guys are?" She asked the others in her group.

Tala also recalled Mazu. No point in having her out, at the moment.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-03, 05:55 PM
Terra look at the various dark Pokemon summoned by the legendary being, and closes his eyes, taking a deep breath. Opening them, he says, "It's an interesting challenge... do you intend it to be individual battles, or will it simply be two groups?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-03, 06:56 PM
The being, identified by your pokedexes as Darkrai clicks again before speaking, you get the feeling its his version of a sigh, "you may fight individually... in teams... or as a full group..." he says, pausing between each option, "the most challenging... is as a full group..."

BluesEclipse
2013-03-03, 07:26 PM
Terra nods and answers, "Thank you." He then turns to the group and says, "I'm not opposed to battling as a full group, though it's up to you guys."

dethkruzer
2013-03-04, 10:41 AM
Melanie drops her pokedex as she stumbles back, a rather natural fear reaction to what just appeared before them. She watned to run, but her body froze up. But where the breeder froze in fear, her whirlipede rolled forward, setting itself between his trainer and the dark pokemon with a defiant cry of "pede".

Tybar
2013-03-04, 10:55 AM
Wynter laughs as she stands up, the earth helping to steady her.

Elementals? Is that what you called us? I love a good challenge.

He hands start to ice over, giving her knife-like fingers.

Come on Melanie, you'll be fine.

Wynter eyes the flyer and the fish, and recalls Piton, releasing Mary instead.

I think some control is in order, Mary, come on out!

Gorgondantess
2013-03-04, 03:27 PM
"It is an honor to make your acquaintance, dream master." Annie bows low with a flourish.
"While discretion is, fondly, the better part of valor, I will accept your challenge. Peaches, my love!"
She sends out a disgruntled looking Shroomish, and pinches the poor creature's cheek.
I think I should mention now that Peaches is pre-poisoned via my Butterfree.

Regalus
2013-03-04, 06:22 PM
Even without the stampede of fleeing pokemon, Alicia's whimpers and Virgil and Anaia's growling Trevor knew that they were all knee deep in it this time. He had no doubt the entity known as Darkrai could have killed them all without even trying; it was only humoring them for whatever reason. The young man figured they had little other choice than to prove its amusement well placed; better a blessing than a curse after all. "Uhm...Wynter, think tall dark and spooky was referring to Anaia and the others just then," he commented as he faced his agitated team.

It was much to Anaia's disappointment, Virgils shock and Alicia's dismay that he held Anaia back; gesturing to the small puff ball with wings to enter the field against it's opposite. Anaia though at first glance the obvious choice, would be swiftly overwhelmed by numbers before she could get more than a blow in; and Virgil would find most of his own powers not very effective against their assembled foes. For the time being it was up to him and Alicia.

"Whelp, never been one to turn down a new challenge," he states as he steps forward, Alicia flying above him, "Let's see how we compare with the home team," he quipped confidently, trying to alleviate himself and his colleagues of some of the mounting pressure.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-04, 10:57 PM
"As a team... very well..." the human formed Darkrai holds out a hand and the pokemon before him get a battle-ready look, "As the challenged... you lead the fight..."

Trainer Turn, then Darkrai, then the pokemon using Average Speed of both sides to determine order. Please list your pokemon's speed here or on the battle map when you post.

Note: I will have each side go separately instead of in a specific initiative order, it speeds things up and keeps things from slowing to a crawl.

Dragonsage
2013-03-05, 12:04 AM
Tala readies an arrow from her quiver and pulled back on the taut bow string and held it for a moment while she lined up her shot. Her eyes focused on the altered rattata, just before she sent the arrow flying.

Trainer bow attack -normal physical
[roll0] vs 4

[roll1]

BluesEclipse
2013-03-05, 01:45 AM
Terra nods, and says, "Alright, then... Titan, you're up." He then releases the Pebblix onto the field, before waving his hand. Several jagged stones appear, floating forward and settling onto the ground, where they are quickly lost among the terrain.

Released Titan(Size: Large). Assuming a 2x2 space for him due to size until Edro says otherwise.

Terra used Stealth Rock. Placement is on map.

Tybar
2013-03-05, 10:17 AM
Wynter runs to the shallow water, disrupting it to make more of a display as she exhales, and a cold wind picks up, sweeping straight toward the bat-creature with the broken heart.

Wynter shifts to M14.
Wynter uses Icy Wind on the Woobat!
AC: 3
[roll0]
Dmg:
[roll1]
Note that 5 of that damage will be removed if the Woobat is no longer an elemental type (flying).

dethkruzer
2013-03-05, 02:58 PM
Melanie looks around, to see not much fear in these people, then she looked at Derzelas, the Whirlipede giving her a reassuring glance. "Everyone..." She uttered, before nodding, and getting back up, fueled by some newfound determination.

Regalus
2013-03-05, 03:46 PM
Trevor warily strafes below Alicia; his foes were still too far for him to reach, and it would be unspeakably foolish to rush into the fray against unknown foes such as these. He readied himself to lash out if one of the creatures somehow managed to reach them, but otherwise bid his time. Just because they amused Darkrai didn't stop him from playing rough after all.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-05, 04:50 PM
"Let the battle... begin..." Darkrai says, his hand, which was still held out, glowed violet for a moment, surrounding all of the pokemon with a violet aura that fades a moment later. He then lowers his hand and half-float half-walks back a few feet.

The icy wind Wynter sends at the Woobat batters the violet aura before dissipating and piercing through to the Woobat. The pokemon turns to black smoke which doesn't dissipate, roiling in place.

"Impressive..."

Dragonsage
2013-03-05, 06:04 PM
"Judge it." Tala mumbled under her breath as arrow misses it's mark. "Wukong, move up carefully and give it some fire!"

Wukong danced, acknowledging his orders before climbing over the baby onix and stopping at H13. "Chim!" The monkey begins moving his arms and hands in a manner, similar to that of a martial artist before finally spiting out a ball of fire towards the rat.

Wukong's Ember
[roll0]

[roll1]

BluesEclipse
2013-03-05, 09:47 PM
Terra watches, nodding at his sister's quick strike against the Woobat... though he eyes the roiling smoke warily. "Titan, advance towards the left three, and hit the Rattata. Rock Throw." The Pebblix moves forward, heading towards the Solosis, before launching a large stone at the indicated rodent Pokemon.

Rock Throw - AC: [roll0] v 4 + Physical Evasion, [roll1] Rock Physical Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

Regalus
2013-03-05, 09:49 PM
"Alicia, blow'em away!" Trevor calls out to the wary woobat doing his best to stay calm for her sake. The wary woobat whimpered for a moment, before nodding and flying up into position over G13; unleashing a mighty gale down at the Cubone in the distance with the furious flaps of her wings once it came into her sights.

Alicia ignores the effects of any combat stages her enemy posses; defensive, offensive and Evasion bonuses derived from them included.

Gust
*AC2:[roll0]
*Damage: [roll1] Sp-Flying

Gorgondantess
2013-03-05, 10:29 PM
"Peaches, show them what I'm made of! Aim a Seed Bomb about 1 metre and 20 degrees to the Rattata's back right, and don't forget to compensate for the slight southeasterly wind."
The Shroomish moves forward a bit and fires off a small, innocuous looking seed into the middle of the three, which lands with a loud crack and a spray of woody shrapnel.
Aiming a Seed Bomb at H7, should hit the Rattata, Carvanha and Cubone.
Attack AC 2: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] Grass.

Tybar
2013-03-05, 10:40 PM
Wynter feels a bit of a rush as she sees the Woobat go down, letting out a whoop of excitement.

Okay Mary, change of plans, give that porgyon a charge!

Mary baas and charges across the field, calling down a bolt of lightning on the porygon.

Mary shifts to E14 and hits the porygon with Thundershock!
AC: 2, Paralyzes on 17+
[roll0]

[roll1]

dethkruzer
2013-03-06, 01:35 PM
"okay, Derzelas, get in there and give that Cubone and Solosis a good Pin Missile." Melanie commands the whirlipede. The insect pokemon begins rolling forward, it's four long spike glowing white, it then hops up slightly, and as it rolls through the air, it's long spikes releases volleys of glowing needles at the enemy group. Finishing it's attack, the whirlipede lands, grinding to a halt.

Derzelas moves to I 13.
Derzelas uses Pin Missile.
Pin 1, target: Cubone, Target AC 4: [roll0]
Pin 2, target: Cubone (if applicable, otherwise Solosis), Target AC 4: [roll1]
Pin 3, target: Solosis, Target AC 4: [roll2]
Pin 4, target: Solosis, Target AC 4: [roll3]
Pin 5, target: Solosis, Target AC 4: [roll4]

Pin Missile Damage: ATK of 10 applied to each target once:
Pin 1: [roll5]
Pin 2: [roll6]
Pin 3: [roll7]
Pin 4: [roll8]
Pin 5: [roll9]

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-06, 05:47 PM
Within moments of Darkrai's declaration, Wukong sent a blast of fire at the rattata, sincging its fur and giving off a noxious odor that would likely linger for a while.

Trevor's Woobat gets a solid hit on the scythe-wielding cubone before the thundershock from Mary gets pulled to its scythe, making electricity arc across the blade and staff of the weapon.

A loud explosion emerges between the cubone, rattata, and carvanha, dealing heavy damage to the carvanha and shearing away the shadowy aura around it.

Moments later a large rock does the same to the rattata, the aura shattering as the blow is pushed away from the rodent.

Lastly, Derzelas fires five needles, each hitting their mark and shattering the auras on both the solosis and the cubone before they could think to evade the attacks.

(Player Pokemon Turn End)

In retaliation, the Cubone charges forward, causing a rock to fly towards it and break across its mask, slashing upwards with its scythe to strike Wukong, dealing 27 damage to the monkey mon.

The solosis jiggles before firing a noxious glob of black sludge at Titan, badly poisoning it while the Rattata dodges around Titan to get to Mary with a powerful bite, only to have one of the stealth rocks knock it off course.

The porygon hangs back while green numbers and letters scroll over its eyes as if calculating something.

While all of this is happening, the Carvanha dives into the deep water of the river and heads towards Wynter.

(Enemy Pokemon Turn End)

Regalus
2013-03-06, 06:03 PM
Seizing his chance Trevor rushes forward, delivering a swift kick to the Ratata's exposed side as it recoils from the Stealth Rock's attack.

Sensei
*Damage: [roll1] P-Fighting

Dragonsage
2013-03-06, 07:59 PM
"Wukong!" Tala scowled at the cubone when it struck at the monkey. She then readies another arrow and sends it flying towards the rattata.

Trainer bow attack
[roll0] vs 4

[roll1]

Tybar
2013-03-06, 09:52 PM
Wynter frowns at the fish diving into the water, then runs back to the group, seeing the Cubone and blowing in another ice cold breeze.

Wynter shifts to H15 and uses Icy Wind on the Cubone.
8 HP

[roll0]
[roll1]

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-06, 10:50 PM
The cubone erupts into smoke in the same way as the woobat before it while the rattata takes the pair of hits, looking worse for ware now.

Darkrai looks on, "Interesting... Asher certainly picked well... better than expected..." it says before chuckling, it keeps its place but glances at the porygon, "I'd move quickly if I were you..." it chuckles again.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-06, 10:55 PM
Terra nods, and calls out, "Close in on those two, Titan... and Bulldoze." The Pebblix responds by slithering forward, before slamming its tail against the ground to send waves of earth out around it.

Bulldoze v Po, So - AC: [roll0] v 2 + Physical Evasion, [roll1] Ground Physical Damage plus [roll2] on Crit.

Dragonsage
2013-03-06, 11:07 PM
"Wu, flurry of blows the rat!" Tala called out to the Monkey, who understood it's trainers words before moving to F13 and unleashing a series of swipes at the injured rodent.

Fury Swipes- Normal physical
1st [roll0] All vs 4
2nd[roll1]
3rd[roll2]
4th[roll3]
5th[roll4]

1st[roll5]
2nd[roll6]
3rd[roll7]
4th[roll8]
5th[roll9]

Regalus
2013-03-06, 11:19 PM
Seeing Trevor knock the rattata of balance, Alicia releases a sudden gale to overwhelm the harrowed Ratata before flying some distance away.

Gust
*Damage:[roll1]

Tybar
2013-03-07, 12:32 AM
Wynter hears Darkrai's taunt, and whips her head to Mary.

Mary, try again with Thundershock, then spread out behind that tree!

Mary releases a charge from her fur, then runs behind the tree nearby, getting away from the Porygon's attack, whatever it is.

Mary uses Thundershock on the Porygon!
AC: 2, paralyze on a 17+
[roll0]
[roll1]

Mary then moves to D18

dethkruzer
2013-03-07, 04:31 PM
Melanie rushes forward, just to get a better view of what's going on. She then pulls out a pokeball, and points it at her Whirlipede. "Derzelas, that's enough, return." She commands, recaaling the Whirlipede, before swapping the pokeball for another. "Your turn, Angelos." The breeder calls out, releasing the Spinarak. "Now, get in close and blast the Porygon with a Signal Beam!" And with that command, the spider skittled forward, before it's little horn begins to glow, forming a small ball of multi-colred light, which suddenly launches a colored beam at the digital pokemon.

Melanie moves to I17, recalls Derzelas, and Releases Angelos onto E15.

Angelos move to C13, and uses Signal beam on Porygon.
Signal Beam attack roll, AC 2, confuses on roll of 19-20: [roll0]
Signal Beam damage roll: [roll1]

Gorgondantess
2013-03-07, 05:00 PM
"Now Peaches dear, head in closer and use a Stun Spore between the Solosis and Porygon- and don't forget to account for the southeasterly wind!"
The Shroomish launches a packet of paralytic dust at the target, but it disperses in the wind before it even gets there. Annie pouts.
"You didn't account for the wind..."
Stun Spore attack: [roll0] AC 11
Welp. Not like it was unlikely.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-07, 08:15 PM
The onslaught of attacks takes down the solosis and porygon, both erupting into smoke while a stealth rock does the same to the carvanha, leaving only the rattata up, which dodges both attacks against it and is about to attack Peaches when Darkrai speaks up, "enough... you have more than proven yourself..." it says as the rattata dashes over to him and sits next to him. He holds up a hand, the smoke from the pokemon streaming into it, and the rattata turning to smoke as well, flowing into the collective.

"Quite impressive..." Darkrai says walking towards the group, "if you will..." he waves a hand towards the pokemon that are out, you get the feeling he's asking you to return them, "You did well... who shall recieve my offer first?..." he says once your pokemon are either returned or next you.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-07, 08:18 PM
Terra watches as Darkrai calls the remaining Pokemon back, and nods, stepping forward next to Titan. "It was certainly an interesting challenge, to say the least..." he muses, before saying, "and I believe I'll go ahead first with this, if that's alright."

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-07, 08:56 PM
"Then I will ask your sibling to join us... one of the gifts involves the both of you..." he says with a light chuckle.

Once Wynter steps forward, two clouds of smoke separate from the one in his hand, "The offers..." the smoke before Terra separates into three and start to reshape themselves, two becoming staves and one a hair-thin emblem, "The umbra staff... the power of restraint..." he takes a hold of the staff and fires a black chain from the staff at a tree, snaring it in moments, then another set of chains covered in spines which quickly shear through and destroy one of the tree's branches, he replaces the staff before taking the other, "Dead Hazard... a gift uniquely suited to your talents..." your last remaining stealth rock flies onto the end of the staff, turning the entire weapon into a maul.

He skips the emblem for a moment and turns to Wynter, as the smoke again separates into three, one forming a bracer, another into an oval gem, and the last into a duplicate of the emblem that formed for Terra, "the shadow stone, power of illusion... projects your dreams into barriers..." a black wall erupts behind Darkrai before turning into an exact replica of its pokemon form, "Shadar-Kai," it takes the brace, the image of himself vanishing, and puts it on, then places it against the wall as it forms around himself into a sort of black armor.

He removes the bracer and the armor vanishes, then he turns to both of you, "the connection of siblings is a precious thing..." it says, "this will let you stay in contact at all times and use your gifts for each other..."

"Other offers... less specific to the individual... are my essence... turning one of your pokemon to a creature of darkness... a death pass... to bring back one that has fallen to Giratina's Realm... or a favor to be fulfilled in the future... by myself..." he says, "what is your choice?..."

Wynter

Sibling Connection: May speak telepathically with Sibling and can use your own features as if they originated from the sibling or yourself at will. Both Siblings must agree to this gift

Shadow Stone: Can create illusions in walls and gain the Illusion Ability while affected by a Coat move.

Shadar-Kai: The user can turn wall effects into personal coats at-will.

Terra

Sibling Connection: May speak telepathically with Sibling and can use your own features as if they originated from the sibling or yourself at will. Both Siblings must agree to this gift.

Umbra Staff: Level 10 Dark Weapon. Dark Synced String Shot at-will, does not grant threaded. Dark Synced Fire Spin Daily/5.

Dead Hazard: Level 5 Typeless Weapon. Does damage one base less than normal. May be targeted with a Hazard effect, increasing the base damage by two and gaining the type and effect of the hazard.

Tybar
2013-03-07, 10:25 PM
Wynter grins at Darkrai and throws an arm over Terra.

I love my brother, but I would really rather he didn't pop into my head whenever he wants.

She looks at the various gifts, and takes the bracer, sliding it onto her wrist.

As you can see, I tend to wade straight in, and this may help. Keep those other things in hand in case I get another opportunity for a blessing!

She nods to Darkrai and stays there for support of her brother.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-07, 10:27 PM
Terra listens to his sister's words, and nods. "Not surprising that you'd pick that one, sis..." He walks over, looking at the two staves before making his selection. "This Umbra Staff, on the other hand... perfect for a more subtle individual such as myself. I thank you, Darkrai."

Regalus
2013-03-07, 10:54 PM
Trevor released a breath of relief as he relaxed his stance before being huggled by Alicia; the young woobat murmuring in his arms as her trainer petted her, "See, I told you it'd go well; you shouldn't see yourself short little one, you're stronger than you know," he assured her while rubbing the fur ball softly; by the time Anaia and Virgil had rushed over, the frightened woobat had calmed down greatly. The praise of her fellows at the success of her seemingly suicidal ordeal certainly helped Alicia grow in confidence some; granted that still didn't stop his mon from berating Trevor on how risky that had been, even if the gamble had come out in their favor.

Though Trevor took it in good cheer, "Some times the best choice is the riskiest you know," he quipped with a friendly smile before explaining his reasoning. Had Anaia gone out, she would've been swarmed on the spot and likely taken out by one of the three mon with type advantage against her, while Virgil would've been largely ineffectual in his usual role. Presented with this, the pair could do little but swallow the bitter truth; to which Trevor's good-natured smile only grew wider.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-07, 11:38 PM
Darkrai nods as the other items fade back into smoke, flowing back into the existing cloud. He turns to the rest of the group, then goes over to Trevor, "a martial artist... a fighter..." he says as three streamers of smoke emerge from the cloud and form three sets of bandages, one black, one midnight blue, and one shimmering purple, "three gifts... all the same... yet different..." each set wraps around invisible hands to form into bandaged fists with no fingertips, "black enhances your fist with claws made of the void... blue makes your fists hit harder... while violet makes them faster..."

He then turns to Annabelle and separates three clouds, "your gift lies in your ability to capture... and create..." he says as one of the clouds shapes into a narrow miniature obelisk of black and amethyst crystal, another becomes a sash, while the last becomes a glove that would cover most of Anna's arm, "the dusk shard... able to be attached to a weapon to enhance it and make those hit by it more succeptible to capture... the dream sash... holds back your attacks to not knock out your targets... Nightmare Glove... allows you to infuse an apricorn or pokeball with the ability to store more than just pokemon..."

2700 XP from the fight, split between your two pokemon.

Annabelle

Dusk Shard: Can be equipped to a weapon. Makes the weapon Dark Type and increases its level by 5. Any pokemon hit by a weapon equipped with this shard have their Capture Rate increased by 10.

Dream Sash: Use False Swipe Daily/3 Levels. Does not possess the Pass keyword.

Nightmare Glove: Turn any pokeball or apricorn into a Nightmare Ball at-will. A Nightmare Ball has an additional +5 modifier but may be used as a storage device for other items, keeping them in stasis. Once a nightmare ball catches a pokeball it reverts to a normal pokeball. An apricorn turned into a nightmare ball cannot be used a catch a pokemon.

Trevor

Midnight Wraps: Turns Unarmed Arms Attacks into a level 10 Dark Type weapon and grants Night Slash as a Daily/5 Move, increases Base Arms Attack Damage by 1, or grants the use a second Unarmed Arms Attack each round.

Regalus
2013-03-08, 12:19 AM
Trevor watched the display in rapt attention, Anaia and Alicia's discomfort near the legendary was clear but hey paid them little mind for the moment. Anaia knew well their host meant them no harm for the time being, and Alcia knew Trevor wouldn't have kept her out if it was a fraction of how dangerous she thought it was; that said he sympathized with them. It wasn't every day one stood at the feet of a god; let alone one who's nature is anathema to your own.

The young man raised his free hand and passed them over the three boons thoughtfully; his gaze passing silently between the trio before lingering over the Violet bands. He pondered on things for a moment before nodding, "The power behind my strikes will go in time with training, and while the power of these midnight wraps are indeed tempting; but the human body can only move so swiftly even with years of training, and in battle every second counts. The Violet one will serve me well I believe," he stated with an appreciative nod and court smile.

dethkruzer
2013-03-08, 04:25 AM
Melanie steps forward in turn, Angelos the Spinarak scuttling over to her, climbing up her leg and perching up onto her shoulder. "I guess that wasn't so bad after all. You did well, girl." Melanie smiled to the Spinarak, which proceeded to nuzzle against her cheek.

Dragonsage
2013-03-08, 06:22 AM
Once the battle is finished with, Tala lowers her hood before moving over to Wukong and picks up the little monkey. "Hey Wu, you did great out there. You didn't get too hurt did you?" The ranger started to inspect the monkey's body for any serious injuries while she waited her turn to speak with the legendary.

She was amazed by the fact they had managed to encounter a legendary on their first day on the island. That thought only made her more excited about the days to come while she explored more of the island. She was pretty sure that Wukong was feeding off some of her excitement by the way he quickly climbed around her body after she finished up her inspection.

The monkey seemed a little more hyper than usual, as he was climbed about the ranger's body before finally settling one of the leather straps on the ranger's back. "What has gotten into you?" She asked, a little amused by the hyper monkey.

Tybar
2013-03-08, 10:38 AM
Wynter feels the hair on her head start to raise up, then walks behind the tree where Mary hid at the end of the battle.

Mary?

The Mareep is shedding some fur, and has small electrical pops coming from the shed tufts.

Hm, you've not done that before.

She picks up the Mareep and takes her closer to the others, electricity racing along her arms where she is holding her pokemon.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-09, 11:06 PM
Once Annabelle chooses her gift, Darkrai moves on to Mallanie and Tala, his gaze lingers on Tala longer than Mellanie, before the remaining smoke drifts into three clouds before Mellanie, however, all three remained clouds, just changing color, "A mistress of insects... a queen to those she possesses... your gifts... are the power of insects..." the first cloud is a deep grey, the same shade as the shadows around you, "the ability of the spider... shadows woven into silken strings..." the next cloud is silver in color, "the power of the queen... able to control insects as your thralls..." and the last cloud, the dark gold of honey, "the power of bees... honey of the purest quality... distilled into an elixir of health..."

He then turns to Tala, and simply holds out his hand as if he's going to hand you something, it's at this time that Yoko and Amnail arrive, along with a lucario that looks more like it's a jackal than a dog, "your gift... is my crest..." he says with a bit of amusement in his voice as the lucario and Amnail's jaws drop, "with one of three enchantments... the skill of a hunter... the power of a sniper... or the strengths of my own type..." his gaze lingers a moment longer before he closes his eyes, "and... you may call on my favor... once... while on the island..."

Tala

Darkrai's Crest: Grants Access to the Signer Advanced Class. Also grants one of the following:
*Grants the Stealth & Blender Capability when worn.
*Can be attached to a weapon to make it Flinch a target on 17-20.
*Makes the user Dark Type when worn and a +2 bonus to Dex.

Mellanie

Black Honey: Gains the Honey Gather Ability. May, once per week, turn five doses of Honey into Black Honey. Black Honey is highly nutrient rich and good for breeding pokemon, granting a permanent -10 to breeding checks for each pokemon given a dose of Black Honey that is part of the breeding. This modifier is not commulative. Additionally, a dose of black honey acts as a full heal and heals 1/8 the pokemon's health if it has already had a dose of black honey before.

Dark Pheremone: Attract at-will. Only affects Bug Type pokemon and doesn't rely on gender. Gain the ability to control insects with a level equal to or lower than your trainer level as if they were a pack mon and you were a pack leader.

Shadow Threads: Gain the Threaded Capability.

Dragonsage
2013-03-10, 05:04 AM
"Your crest?!" Tala stared blankly at Darkrai when offered her gift. Her hands then moved on their own and received the crest. She knew that this was probably a big deal with the lucario and Abra's reaction when it was offered but she couldn't figure out why it was offered when the others were offered ether weapons or tools. Not to mention she was given the bonus of being able to call upon the legend for a single favor left her speechless for a moment.

She considered her options once she was able to speak again. "Urm...The skill of a huntress would certainly come in handy while exploring. I graciously accept your gift." She gave a respectful curtsy to the dark being. "And as for that favor, I think I'll hold on to that offer for a while before I redeem it."

Regalus
2013-03-10, 01:43 PM
Trevor was quick to try out his boon, carefully tying the wraps around his arm before attempting a few simple jabs experimentally; coming to swift stop from surprise after the third jab, feeling as if lightning were coursing through his body. The young man swore it was almost like his army might take off had he not stop. "Hehe....This, this is gonna take some getting used to," he said with an anxious smile as his pokemon looked on. He tried another Kata experimentally, before settling down after avoiding a near fumble to cool down; the exact timing would still take some practice to nail, but the boy was ecstatic about his gift.

As he sat on the grass he mentally noted Mary and Wu's conditions, he'd have to have a word with their trainers soon, before spotting Yoko and Amnail arrive with a third party. "Yo!" he happily greeted with a raised arm, "Welcome to the party guys; things turned out pretty fun after you left," he happily explained with an absent minded smile.

dethkruzer
2013-03-10, 05:02 PM
"Control, a fascinating proposal, but I already have someone who in time can do that for me." The breeder utters, tapping the Ultra Ball around her neck. "And while strings could be useful in a plethora of situations, I choose the power of bees." She continues, staring into the eyes of the dark pokemon.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-10, 11:02 PM
"Very well..." the honey colored smoke drifts into Mellanie's skin.

"I will take my leave..." Darkrai says, before turning to Amnail, Yoko, and the Lucario, "take care... Yoko Adashika... Amnail Adashika... Zeer Anubis... these ones are interesting..."

Darkrai returns, slowly, to his pokemon form and flies towards the plateau that Yoko had pointed out beforehand.

"It is, unsettling that Darkrai has come down from the plateau, he hasn't done so in almost fifty years. Not without going to one of the other islands."

The lucario, Zeer, approaches the group, "What happened?"

Dragonsage
2013-03-11, 12:45 AM
Tala held the received crest in her hand for a moment before tucking it away into her pocket after Wukong made an attempt to snatch it to satisfy his curiosity. She then turned to the Lucario who was now speaking to the group. "Well, Darkrai offered us his blessings if we could overcome his challenge. Guess I figured a blessing could come in handy so I accepted and we won." She gave the gist of what happened.

"So, darkrai rarely leaves the plateau huh?" She asked letting her eyes follow where the legend had flown off to. "Would there be a reason why he decided to leave the plateau today?"

Tybar
2013-03-11, 09:59 AM
Wynter looks up from Mary to the newcomer.

Basically, yeah. Darkrai used some shadowy-versions of pokemon, who had some unusual changes. I'm feeling a little winded, but I think he was just testing us.

She strokes Mary's fur, miniature thunderbolts arcing between them.

dethkruzer
2013-03-11, 02:45 PM
Tala pretty much summed it up, but as much as I'm sure you'd like to hear the whole story, may I suggest we return to the grotto before we get the matter settled." Melanie spoke in turn, addressing the whole group. She then recalls her Spinarak, before walking over to Wynter. "Is something wrong with you Mareep?"

Dragonsage
2013-03-11, 03:34 PM
Tala nodded. "Right, we should get back to the grotto and rest a little. Plus I need to find out what has Wukong worked up." She agreed to return to base, despite wanting to continue her exploration but she had to see if anything was wrong with her monkey.

Wukong started acting up again, climbing around the ranger's body as she started back to the grotto.

Regalus
2013-03-11, 05:23 PM
"Oh that's easy; Mary and Wu have the same problem," chimes in a cross-legged Trevor cheerfully, "They're both antsy 'cause they're physically ready to evolve, buuuut haven't quite managed to make the final push yet," he explained before standing up, and dusting himself off carefully.

"I learned a thing or two while working for a breeder a while back. I could help ease and speed up the process if you folks want. Shouldn't take more than ten minutes really; best do it while their antsy though, get's the best results," he kindly offered as Anaia studied the pair of anxious pokemon.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-11, 06:59 PM
"Most unusual, the last time he came from the plateau was when he made a human that washed onto the shore his touched along with his sister Cresselia," Amnail says.

"It seems I'm not needed here Amnail, I will be at the village awaiting your arrival, I'll pay for the medicine when you arrive," the Lucario says before walking into the forest, though you get a feeling from the way he looks at you that he's not particularly happy with your presence, or the fact that darkrai was here moments before, it's hard to tell.

Yoko seems utterly confused at the moment, "I'm getting a headache," she says, rubbing her temples.

Dragonsage
2013-03-11, 08:23 PM
"Well if you can help Wu along, then I would be thankful." Tala replied trying to her best to keep Wukong from hurting himself.

'The last time he appeared was to make someone his touched?' The ranger began to wonder about that on the way back to the grotto.

Tybar
2013-03-12, 08:29 AM
Wynter smiles at the others. Thanks for being concerned, and I think Mary would really appreciate your help.

She looks to Amnail. What happened to those two?

Gorgondantess
2013-03-12, 05:34 PM
Annie bows low at the waist to Darkrai, then wordlessly takes the Nightmare Glove. The whole procession would seem reverent if not for the wide, foxlike grin she's wearing.
"My greatest thanks, Dream Master. I... will do my utmost to use this gift well."
She continues grinning, devouring the item with her eyes before slipping it on and testing the fit.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-13, 12:42 AM
Terra watches as the others accept their own gifts, and listens to the brief conversation afterwards. After a moment's thought, he says, "You mentioned Darkrai and Cresselia... does that mean Cresselia dwells on this island as well? And are there any others like them that live here?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-14, 01:03 PM
You all arrive at the grotto before Amnail starts to answer questions, "To start, I will say that a great many of the creatures you refer to as legendaries take residence on Yomi at least part of the time, Darkrai and Cresselia make their home on the plateau, in fact, the young of several of them are found here as well, though they are far from the power of their parents, usually they are just odd pokemon that have traits of the legendary parent. However, they are not particularly... careful, with their power when trying to get a mate. Not intentionally I assure you, but on a few occasions there have been instances of one of the members of the tribes disappearing for a time only to return with a child that has features of a legendary. Darkrai in particular has been known to take members of the Abra and Cubone tribes as his mate, which is the reason for Yoko's... franticness when you encountered him."

"Don't beat around the bush uncle," Yoko mutters, she had honestly been terrified of the legendary because of the stories about him.

"Yes, well," Amnail coughs, "I believe that should answer your questions so far."

Tybar
2013-03-15, 09:57 AM
Wynter looks at her wrist and the new bracer there.

I've had worse starts to relationships...though I can see the problem. I babysat a toddler once, I would hate to see one that could make illusions like that.

Dragonsage
2013-03-15, 08:46 PM
Tala listens to Amnail speak when they arrive back at the Grotto. Once he is finished, she turns to Wukong. "Go to Treavor, he'll help you out." With that the monkey climbed down off of the ranger and moved towards the martial artist.

"I see." She turned her attention back to Amnail. "So who was that Lucario earlier? Don't think he was too happy to see Darkrai or us."

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-15, 09:00 PM
"Zeer Anubis, the current spiritual elder of the Riolu Tribe, and the reason he wasn't happy to see him was because his mother was taken as one of Darkrai's mates, to put it lightly, he's the bastard child of the local nightmare," Amnail replies, "the medicine he was talking about is actually to suppress Darkrai's essence and make him relatively normal. I doubt he'll take kindly to you after you've been blessed by the one that he believes cursed him from birth."

dethkruzer
2013-03-19, 05:49 PM
"so, Zeer might hold some kind of grudge do to us gaining Darkrais blessings, would his position as the spiritual elder cause issues if we were to interact with the Riolu tribe?" Melanie asks the elder Abra.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-19, 05:57 PM
"...It may, he does put his personal grudges aside in most instances, however, as you are human and have been blessed by Darkrai, it may be more difficult, as I said before, the last human here was blessed by Darkrai as well. He may hold that more strongly against you than he would for one of our kind," Amnail explains, "he may be able to put his enmity aside, but I cannot be sure."

Dragonsage
2013-03-23, 02:13 PM
"Well that certainly could complicate things." Tala took out her crest and passively started to rub it between her thumb and index finger. "Well at this point the best we can do is not give him anymore reasons to resent us further." She stopped rubbing the crest and looked at the others. "May want to be careful with our gifts as well. Don't want into more trouble because of our association with Darkrai."

dethkruzer
2013-03-23, 02:43 PM
"Indeed, making enemies on day one doesn't sound like the best of ideas." Melanie says, looking off somewhere into the distance. "But hopefully we can worry about that another day, right now I'd like to worry about setting up some proper shelter, if that's okay."

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-23, 04:03 PM
"Yoko, I'm heading back to the village, I'll be back tomorrow," Amnail looks to the group, "I'd suggest training yourselves and your pokemon while you're here, the shore is where less dangerous as long as you don't go into the water. Until then," Amnail vanishes in a blue flash.

Dragonsage
2013-03-24, 09:43 PM
"Right. Think we're done exploring for today." Tala stated, though she really would have like to see more. "I'm going to check if the food situation is good nearby." She sends Mazu out before exiting the grotto. "If anyone's interested I might try to get some more training in near the shores." She added before leaving with her Eevee leading the way.

Food Scavenger
Daily - Every 10 levels gained, you may perform this Feature another time per day.
Target: Anywhere on a Route.
Effect: Roll 1d20 and add your DEX modifier. If the total exceeds 12, you find enough food and water for a whole day for up to seven humans and/or Pokemon.

[roll0]

Tybar
2013-03-24, 09:54 PM
Wynter looks up.

I will be interested after Mary is looked at. I could always use more training...and I want to learn how to use this properly.

She holds up her bracer, studying it.

dethkruzer
2013-03-25, 02:54 PM
Melanie nods at Anmail before turning to exit the grotto. She takes off the ultra ball around her neck, releasing the Combee, and then also releasing her Whirlipede. "Cybele, you go out and see if you can find anything useful, Derzelas, you come with me." She commands the pokemon, and takes a step out of the grotto, before stopping and turning around to face the group. "I'm going out to see if I could collect some wood, and perhaps some honey as well, anyways welcome to come along."

Cybele the Combee uses Pickup if applicable.
[roll0]

Regalus
2013-03-28, 11:26 AM
Upon their arrival Trevor quickly excuses himself from the group and heads further deeper into the cavern where his own metal apsule had been deployed; setting down a blanket for both Mary and Wukon before placing the pair on their backs; kneeling besides the fiery ape, Trevor began his task while having Anaia is Mary into it. Even if the Riolu hadn't quite mastered the art herself, she'd learned enough to keep them ready for Trevor; it would certainly save him time later.

As he went about his work, slowly but sure unblocking and promoting the flow of vital energy through Wu, he kept and ear on the conversation at hand. The legendary's habits quite frankly sickened him, yet he himself knew that agitating such a powerful entity would be unwise; and, assuming these boons didn't slowly corrupt them or something, were not merely welcomed but may even be revealed to be necessarily for survival. Even if the Abra's seem to take well to them, there was no telling if one of the other clans might be in the mood for some light ethnic cleansing; especially if word got out about there blessings. It seemed as if the a healthy chunk of the inhabitants of the isle would've been far more pleased if they'd been beaten half to death by the Nightmare pokemon, rather than establish a positive relation with it.

Trevor sighed, he hated politics, before slightly swearing as he nearly missed an important pressure point in his carelessness; though the small ape was non-the-wiser lost under the feeling of it all. After a few more minutes the young man stimulated the final point in the small apes lumbar region, causing it to release a sudden contented sigh as the last of his inner tension was released; Wu soon being consumed by a sudden bright light as his body began to change and it's tail flame increased in intensity slowly.

Signaling Anaia, the pair quickly switched; leaving the riolu to help Wukong ease into his new form while he went to work on Mary. Large portions of fluff already laying around the mareep from Anaia's previous administration, Trevor took a minute or so to properly gauge the lass' progress as he put on a pair of rubber gloves, before going to work; focusing much of his attention on the mareeps lower body as it would be the one to experience the greatest change.

Comparatively the second treatment didn't take half as long before Mary began to glow as well, even with the short pauses he'd done due to static build up. Unlike before Trevor kept working through out the transformation; adjusting the flow of vital energy and stimulating the proper development of the former mareep's legs and tail, copious amounts of static charged fluff falling off until only it's chest and head still bared the cotton like fluff.

Anaia and Trevor kept at it for a few moments before letting their charges acquaint themselves with their new forms; aiding Mary in her introduction to the exciting new world of bipedalism. Once the two had settled in, Trevor returned to the front of the cave to meet with the others; flanked by the newly evolved monferno and flaafy. "So we heading out again?" he inquired, resting his tired arms in his pockets for the time being.

Dragonsage
2013-03-28, 09:45 PM
Tala returns after finding nothing on her first attempt of trying to find food nearby. 'Well that could have better,' She gave a mental sigh, slightly disapointed she couldn't anything edible. 'At least we have supplies to last us a while.'

"Yeah I was gonna go to the shore for some training but thought I'd come back to check on...Wu?" The ranger entered the grotto and was taken back by the monkey's new form. "Wukong?" Mazu moved up to sniff at the Monferno before recognizing it as Wukong. After the eevee's inspection, the monkey made his way over to the ranger and climbed on her shoulder. It took him a few moments to get into a comfortable position, having slight issue's due to its new size. Eventually he settled into a good spot, leaving his new tail dangling off the ranger's back.

"Hello there Wu," Tala petted the monkey, noticing some minor struggling with his new form. "Come on Wukong, lets help you get used to that body of yours." She started to make her way towards the shores with Mazu following along.

Tybar
2013-03-29, 03:01 PM
Wynter strokes Mary's fur, feeling a stronger, less erratic charge than before arc between them.

Thanks Trevor! She smiles brightly at him, and lets Mary walk along with her, to follow the others.

BluesEclipse
2013-03-29, 04:14 PM
Terra looks over at Melanie, and says, "I'll give you a hand, then."

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-05, 05:49 PM
Yoko shivers slightly from the close encounter with the legendary dark type before sighing, "I'll so you the training spot I use, follow me," you can tell she's still shaken, far more than just because of the shiver she had a moment ago, she's jumpy to the point she cries out and teleports reflexively, when Mellanie touches her shoulder to ask what's wrong.

She gets you to the spot quickly after that, then bows to you, "I'm sorry but I'm going back to the village until I'm in a better mindset, I'm of no use to you as I am now," she says then teleports away. The area is actually a partially cleared forest with man-sized pieces of wood, heavily dented, smoothed down and made roughly uniform in shape.

You can see several pokemon in the area, mainly fighting types, that are curious about your presence, before a machop and timburr come forward and point to the posts curiously, as if asking if they could train here with you.

Tybar
2013-04-06, 08:28 PM
Wynter nods to the two, taking a spot at a post and striking it a few times. Her blows cause various effects on the wood, sometimes pieces of ice to coat the struck location, other times, flashes of light or flame.

Dragonsage
2013-04-09, 03:53 PM
Once at the training site, Tala takes a good look around before sending out Ao. "Okay, Wukong let's get you used to your new body." She then made her way over to an a bit of an open area taking out her bow.

Wukong, noticing that Tala's other two pokemon are currently out, knew what was coming and climbed down next to the Eevee and Turtwig.

"Ready to play, you guys?" She took an arrow from her quiver and pulled against the bow's string.

Each of her pokemon gave a cry, signaling their readiness to play one of their favorite games.

With that the ranger sends the arrow flying a short distance and all three pokemon made a mad dash for the arrow and return it to the ranger.

pokemon training, the idea is basically fetch with arrows with the pokemon who gets the arrow first and brings it back being the winner of the round.

dethkruzer
2013-04-12, 02:37 PM
"Hmmm... do you think these branches look sturdy enough to make a shelter?" She asks Terra, picking up a rather short but thick branch.