PDA

View Full Version : Black Crusade Daemon Summoner

jessedevaan
2013-02-12, 04:12 PM
Daemon summoner (Talent)
Cost: 1000 xp
Requirements: Infamy=50+, Linguistics (Chaos Marks) WP=40+
select 1 lesser daemon each time you use this talent (if you are alined to a god you must use his lesser daemons) make a WP test and take 2full actions righting chaos symbols on a solid surface, if the WP test is Successful a Daemon is summoned if it failed take 1d10 energy wounds to the head per degree of failure (not reduced by armor or toughness) reduced by Will Power bonus

Please tell me what you think

Emperor Ing
2013-02-12, 04:31 PM
So this looks like a 3rd tier Unaligned talent. As such the cost is always a 750 xp, unless you're suggesting this belongs with an unwritten 4th tier.

Secondly the talent is extremely powerful. Even though Infamy 50 is a rather steep requirement (and for good reason.) Lesser Daemons can be very powerful and useful in combat and there aren't any serious consequences for failure. 1d5 damage presumably with the Warp Weapon quality per degree of failure isn't that bad, especially since the Tome of Fate gave us psychic powers that heal wound damage.

My suggestion: Stick to the rituals written in Black Crusade core book pg 229.

jessedevaan
2013-02-12, 04:36 PM
i was thinking that its 1d5 or 1d10 for damage i went for the 1d5 be cause if you get 1d10 damage 3time and roll it unluckily then you might end up dead

and forgot to mention its energy damage to the head

I'll fix the damage

Emperor Ing
2013-02-12, 05:07 PM
Well that and there's a few more things I didn't mention

Where does the daemon appear?
Is the daemon under the control of the player?
How long until the daemon slips back into the Warp?
Why doesn't warp backlash damage add corruption points as if through a failing?
What's the point of using Daemon Summoning Rituals if a player has this talent?
How many daemons can the character have summoned with this talent?

jessedevaan
2013-02-12, 05:35 PM
Q: Where does the daemon appear?
A: On top off the mark
Q: Is the daemon under the control of the player?
A: it is in control of the G.M. (and if the G.M. is not nice it might attack the summoner
Q: How long until the daemon slips back into the Warp?
A: it slips back into the warp in 2d10 turns
Q: Why doesn't warp backlash damage add corruption points as if through a failing?
A: For each degree of failure you gain 1 point of corruption as failing if you succeed (and the daemon sides with you) you gain 1 corruption
Q: What's the point of using Daemon Summoning Rituals if a player has this talent?
A: this talent does not common any thing but lesser daemons (bloodletter, furies, and stuff like that)
Q: How many daemons can the character have summoned with this talent?
A: 1 per day

i made this stuff up on the spot

Emperor Ing
2013-02-12, 06:29 PM
I highly recommend you look up the daemon summoning rituals on pg 229 - 230.

jessedevaan
2013-02-13, 01:54 PM
ok i see now, at first i didn't really know to much about the Ritual, the only problem with the Rituals is that its not easy to use in battle