PDA

View Full Version : Just one more way the fighter gets shafted

Kornaki
2013-02-12, 06:03 PM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/campaigns/testBasedPrerequisites.htm#designingYourOwnTests

For example, you could design a multiple-part riddle for a would-be loremaster that takes the PCs from the city to an ancient, ruined temple, then to the City of Brass where they must bargain with an efreeti lord. The wizard PC gets the chance to become a loremaster, the cleric PC can reclaim the temple for his deity, the rogue gets a chance to sneak into the treasure vaults of the efreet, and the fighter gets out of the city, where he’s wanted for a murder he didn’t commit. Everyone has a motivation to help the wizard with her riddle.

The fluff even encourages DMs to screw fighters TWICE over in one description

andromax
2013-02-12, 06:08 PM
That's hilarious.. kind of made me wonder about him not being wanted for all the murders he did commit, though.

Kornaki
2013-02-12, 06:09 PM
That's hilarious.. kind of made me wonder about him not being wanted for all the murders he did commit, though.

Hah! I didn't think about that angle of it

Hand_of_Vecna
2013-02-12, 06:11 PM
That's . . . pretty f'n funny. I guess the fighter's player should have come up with a move interesting personality than "fighter".

Seriously though this rule can work really well for a fighter especially if you allow retraining you could have 11 feats that are actually good.

Shining Wrath
2013-02-12, 06:15 PM
That's just appallingly lazy. How about the efreet has some magic weapons? Or perhaps the efreet will wrestle with the fighter and enable him to gain +2 to STR? Or maybe the fighter gets to save a [member of appropriate race and sex] from the efreet's clutches, who will be grateful in all the right ways?

Guizonde
2013-02-12, 06:40 PM
"the party's fighter is a boisterous bruiser. unfortunately, some local noble has called out the fighter. he must now prove to all he's not just a windbag and do what few have dared: spit in the eye of an efreet and have the efreet apologize for annoying the fighter"

why must everyone have a serious motive? :smallbiggrin: