PDA

View Full Version : Chain Spell + Stolen Breath

Qc Storm
2013-02-12, 11:20 PM
Does it work? It feels pretty powerful. You're essentially dazing as many targets as your caster level allows.

Plus it works with a Rod of Chain Metamagic.

Are there any other spells that work well with Chain? I've been looking at Ray of the Python.

EDIT ::

Hell, with Miser's Envy, couldn't you compel 10 guys to have a disproportionate desire for the same item? That could cause some pretty heavy in-fighting.

Aracor
2013-02-13, 12:06 AM
Yep, stolen breath is a great spell to chain.

Unfortunately, you cannot use chain on a ray. A ray doesn't have a target in the spell description.

Qc Storm
2013-02-13, 12:08 AM
Yep, stolen breath is a great spell to chain.

Unfortunately, you cannot use chain on a ray. A ray doesn't have a target in the spell description.

Oh.

I was hoping to have a Ray of Ice/Ray of the Python party.

;_;

Qc Storm
2013-02-13, 01:02 PM
Following my Chain Ray disappointment, I reread the feat and noticed it says nothing against buffs. Mass Enlarge Person perhaps?

What are some good buffs to Chain? And to bump my thread a bit, what are some good spell in general to chain? Haven't gotten much help yet.

Aracor
2013-02-13, 01:51 PM
Greater magic weapon is a great one to chain. High enough caster level and everyone has +5 weapons all day every day.

Qc Storm
2013-02-13, 05:06 PM
Greater magic weapon is a great one to chain. High enough caster level and everyone has +5 weapons all day every day.

That's... freaking genius. I was actually wondering how I could enchant 4 weapons every day. Chameleons don't get a ton of spell slots.

Menzath
2013-02-13, 05:27 PM
The wujen spell dancing blade, works on more than blades.

Qc Storm
2013-02-13, 05:44 PM
The wujen spell dancing blade, works on more than blades.

I can see the potential in this one, though I think it would require a more expensive rod of chaining.

Having a belt of Greatswords orbiting around you sounds pretty cool though. Even better if you stick them to the beatstick. No flank and a lot of pain.

Flickerdart
2013-02-13, 05:52 PM
Chain Greater Dispel is a popular way to knock out a large number of your opponent's more prominent magic items.

Silva Stormrage
2013-02-13, 07:41 PM
It also works with greater magic weapon great if you give your caster a +1 defending/+1 spellstrike quarter staff. When you enchant both ends you can transfer the bonuses to ac and saves.

If you want more get yourself armor spikes that are +1 defending or +1 spell strike, same with shield spikes. Enchant the shield spikes and they can grant pretty high ac and save bonuses that stack with all others.