PDA

View Full Version : Heroes of Horror 'Misprint'? anyone else?

Wookie-ranger
2013-02-12, 11:21 PM
I just picked up a hard copy of "Heroes of Horror" at half-price to day.
I thought: "Great, been looking for that one for ages!":smallbiggrin:
Come home, start reading page by page....and reading.... and reading
After a while I get to the section of classes, one of my favorite sections in many books, Then suddenly out of nowhere, mid sentence, I am reading about feats. :smalleek:
wait.... what?:smallconfused:
So it turns out my version is missing some pages. Pages 113 to 128, to be exact. (the pages Tainted Scholar is on :smallmad: )
The pages where not cut out, the glue in intact and no signs of being tampered with. All other pages are fine, too.

It would appear that they are simply... missing. :smalleek:

I tried Google but nothing pops up.
Anyone else has an edition like this?

ksbsnowowl
2013-02-12, 11:26 PM
I once saw a copy of Tome of Magic in a B&N that the inside of the front cover was page 8, and the book just kept going. Whoever got that copy was missing the first 7 pages.

Amphetryon
2013-02-13, 08:52 AM
I once saw a copy of Tome of Magic in a B&N that the inside of the front cover was page 8, and the book just kept going. Whoever got that copy was missing the first 7 pages.Well, you know, as long as they weren't missing anything from the Shadowcaster or Truenamer, they got good value for money from Tome of Magic.

Palanan
2013-02-13, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by Wookie-ranger
Anyone else has an edition like this?

Not an edition, but a binding error. If it's at all possible, I'd take it back to where you bought it and ask for a refund. Half-price still deserves a full book.

And it's more than likely there were other damaged copies in the same print run, some of which may have been overlooked in bookstores and etc. A quick Google search doesn't suggest this was a major production issue, so Wizards probably won't be aware of it.

My copy has your missing pages without a hitch, with Tainted Scholar starting on p. 113. By p. 128 it's well into spells, though; Chain of Sorrow is the first full spell on p. 128, with Dream Walk starting at the top of p. 129. If your remaining pages are showing feats instead of spells, your copy may be truly a mess.

Next stop, refund. Good luck, and print this thread if you have to. :smallwink:

Wookie-ranger
2013-02-14, 09:16 AM
Yeah, i might return it. It is pretty hard to find 3.5 books these days though.
Thanks for the advice