PDA

View Full Version : NOW YOU LEARN TO DODGE! APA~~! Need help building Apachai Hopachai

Morbis Meh
2013-02-13, 10:54 AM
Hello everyone, I am currently playing in a gestalt game and I am making my favorite anime character into my PC: Apachai Hopachai from Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple. The game has already began so I will post my current build and hopefully you can give suggestions from where to go right from here (I am in the middle of leveling from 5 to 6 so I will post the character as is from level 5.5 lol)

Race: Goliath
Warblade 6//La 1/Monk (Passive Way)2/Fighter 2 (Dungeon Crasher)/?

Str: 22 (24 with item)
Dex: 12
Con: 18
Int: 14
Wis: 9
Cha: 8

Feats:
1) Improved Bullrush
F) Knockback (Flaw is deadly strength so I always have a chance of doing lethal damage to anyone I touch even if an ally)
3)Superior Unarmed Strike
B) Improved natural attack (unarmed damage)
B Warlblade) Improved Initiative
6) Knock down

So I am unsure of what to take on the otherside of the gestalt from this point... i am going all 20 levels of warblade and I will not take levels in barbarian despite it being a solid choice for a goliath (we have a Barbarian//Fighter already and I don't want to take her thunder by being able to rage as well...) As for monk abilities I swapped out flurry for decisive strike and passive way gives combat expertise and improved trip so I am set there. The campaign goes to level 30 so... yeah need to think of long term defenses since I am not exactly a caster but I could always take 20 levels of ardent but I am trying really hard not to overly outshine the Barbarian//Fighter she has less opfu than myself and the other player (he's a dread necro//DFA)

Fouredged Sword
2013-02-13, 11:09 AM
I am going to suggest you go something interesting.

Psi-War have lots of good self buffs, and can represent Apachai's killer aura and chi powers from his master level skills.

Expansion + warhulk could grant you a supper sized destruction blitz, all without loosing control. Pair that with the focused attack variant of the monk to trade flurry of blows for focused attack for a supper whirlwind attack.

Use sudden leap to move around combat as a swift action. As a full round attack use focused attack to make a mighty swing that hits everything in your reach for double damage. Use power attack as needed. You are a large explosion of fists that levels everything within your reach. Anklets of translocation can help you recover maneuvers without slowing down. Save your warblade abilities for counters and boosts, as your fists do enough damage as is.

For a single level slot... Maybe marshal. Nothing like charisma to strength checks to break things better. Apachai also rocks out diplomacy and handle animal, so don't skimp on the charisma!

Morbis Meh
2013-02-13, 12:12 PM
I am going to suggest you go something interesting.

Psi-War have lots of good self buffs, and can represent Apachai's killer aura and chi powers from his master level skills.

Expansion + warhulk could grant you a supper sized destruction blitz, all without loosing control. Pair that with the focused attack variant of the monk to trade flurry of blows for focused attack for a supper whirlwind attack.

Use sudden leap to move around combat as a swift action. As a full round attack use focused attack to make a mighty swing that hits everything in your reach for double damage. Use power attack as needed. You are a large explosion of fists that levels everything within your reach. Anklets of translocation can help you recover maneuvers without slowing down. Save your warblade abilities for counters and boosts, as your fists do enough damage as is.

For a single level slot... Maybe marshal. Nothing like charisma to strength checks to break things better. Apachai also rocks out diplomacy and handle animal, so don't skimp on the charisma!

...please look at his stats he has a negative wisdom and a negative charisma so both psi war and marshal are out. I feel that he has a very poor charisma (the only good skill he would have is intimidate but the DMG specifies you can use strength over charisma for it which is more appropriate in this case). So both marshal and psiwar are out since he has negative stats in both key stats. As for war hulk I was thinking about it but I would need to pick up power attack (not able to use it for unarmed strikes since they are considered light weapons but i can talk to my dm about that) and cleave to enter it so it won't be happening any time soon... not to mention not being able to use any mental skills other than initimidate kind of stinks but c'est la vie.

Fouredged Sword
2013-02-13, 12:24 PM
Crusader would give you a damage pool to fill and a second set of maneuvers. Feat rogue would grant 2 fighter feats over two levels, better reflex saves and evasion, and lots of skill points. Factotum is an interesting option for adding your fairly high in to everything, including trips.