PDA

View Full Version : Displays of power

chrisgray86
2013-02-13, 11:59 AM
I was wondering Can a sorcerer or wizard display his power without actually casting a spell? Here is what i am thinking I was reading a book recently and i thought it was kind of cool and wondered if it was something that could translate over " Hadrian noticed a faint breeze in the coridor a warm wind was rising swirling around arsita like a tiny cyclone fluttering the hem of her robe and the ends of her hair." you know something similar to that. Any Ideas?

Story
2013-02-13, 12:04 PM
There's always prestidigitation. It wouldn't be unreasonable to make it at will like Pathfinder does.

Diarmuid
2013-02-13, 12:16 PM
Most things like that would generally be be covered by something like Prestidigitation.

Mechanically, no...there is nothing like that beyond something like a Reserve Feat but most DM's I know would probably allow for something that doesnt impact mechanics in any way to be done from a fluff perspective. YMMV

Fouredged Sword
2013-02-13, 12:20 PM
Prestidigitation, also known as least wish. It does what you want. Still requires a zeroth level slot though.

Hand_of_Vecna
2013-02-13, 12:43 PM
Prestidigitation is awesome, easily worth having it up every waking hour or close to it starting at level 4-5.

chrisgray86
2013-02-13, 02:24 PM
Ok So I was looking at these reserve feats and came up with another question. I am currently a Binder would a binder be able to use the summon elemental feat if he was bound to a vestige that allowed him to cast spells?

nedz
2013-02-13, 03:31 PM
I don't know about Binders, but the standard method for wizards is to cast Meteor Swarm at some passing pigeons, pull out a doughnut and say "Any one for Pigeon pie ? I have a spare fabricate left and the Pigeon should be done already."