PDA

View Full Version : Melee with limit resource

charlie15z
2013-02-13, 01:25 PM
what the best damage with a level 7 melee with following resource vs construct and undead. (no charger no pounce)

Complete Warrior, Complete Advantrure, Complete Divine, Complete Scoundrel, Complete Champain. Race of Stone +core;

so far i'm runing a copycat drizzt ish type, with 4scout/2ranger/1dervish, but find it a bit hard.....

edit: i have boots of speed as well.

just realised how powerful construct's DR is against a quick hitter with light weapon, feels like my build is down the drain....:smallfrown::smallfrown::smallfrown:

RFLS
2013-02-13, 01:30 PM
what the best damage with a level 7 melee with following resource vs construct and undead. (no charger no pounce)

Complete Warrior, Complete Advantrure, Complete Divine, Complete Scoundrel, Complete Champain. Race of Stone +core;

so far i'm runing a copycat drizzt ish type, with 4scout/2ranger/1dervish, but find it a bit hard.....

Uh...well, take Swift Hunter if you haven't already. After that, see if you can pick up a custom item that'll boost your effective scout or ranger level, similar to a monk's robe.

Prediction: Someone tells you to rebuild as a DMM Persist Cleric. Ignore that person.

Rubik
2013-02-13, 01:48 PM
Barbarians with THF, Power Attack, Leap Attack, and Shock Trooper are high-output on charges, as are anything mounted with a high Strength and a lance (even without Spirited Charge).

Psychic warriors from the Expanded Psionics Handbook are excellent for damage output, and Tome of Battle is decent for that too, even though you didn't specify either as a potential source.

charlie15z
2013-02-13, 01:52 PM
Barbarians with THF, Power Attack, Leap Attack, and Shock Trooper are high-output on charges, as are anything mounted with a high Strength and a lance (even without Spirited Charge).

Psychic warriors from the Expanded Psionics Handbook are excellent for damage output, and Tome of Battle is decent for that too, even though you didn't specify either as a potential source.

unfortunately, no TOB, and no mounted combat, we are going to climb down some holes in the ground, typical dungeon robber style. so no mount.

needed something that can output about 80+ damage per round, any ideas?

Rubik
2013-02-13, 02:14 PM
unfortunately, no TOB, and no mounted combat, we are going to climb down some holes in the ground, typical dungeon robber style. so no mount.

needed something that can output about 80+ damage per round, any ideas?Try going for a Small character on a Riding Lizard or Riding Dog. If you don't want to buy one, try going for a Wild Cohort. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031118a) That -2 Strength from size will be more than made up for by the time you add in all the multipliers.

Plus if you have a decent Ride skill your mount gets attacks too.

Also, what about druid? They get a riding dog for free, and you'll be able to wild shape later on into high Str forms.

charlie15z
2013-02-13, 04:59 PM

i actually thought about going 5 lvl of paladin and 2 level of templar to get +7 damage on smite, but i couldn't find a deity that have a lance as a favored weapon

so with human i get 3 feats to before go into templar and 1 more at lvl6, pal5 will give me a summoned mount(maybe something that can clime walls) with spirited charge with 2 handed greatsword, the damage is like

4d6+[4strx1.5+7(smite)+1enchant]x2=40

Feralventas
2013-02-13, 05:13 PM
i actually thought about going 5 lvl of paladin and 2 level of templar to get +7 damage on smite, but i couldn't find a deity that have a lance as a favored weapon

Not allowed to make up your own? Also, check Deities and Demigods; might be able to find one that fits.

charlie15z
2013-02-13, 05:22 PM
Not allowed to make up your own? Also, check Deities and Demigods; might be able to find one that fits.

Berkrakwar (3.5e Deity)
Demigod

Symbol: a gaping, fanged, maw

Home Plane: N/A

Alignment: Chaotic evil

Portfolio: war, evil, chaotic, fire, destruction

Clergy Alignments:

Domains: war, evil, chaotic, fire, destruccton

Favored Weapon: any

the thing is, i can't be paladin of slaughter unless with UA, UA is not in my resource.

Urpriest
2013-02-13, 05:32 PM
Remember, Core is an ambiguous term. Do you mean PHB+DMG+MM, or SRD?

charlie15z
2013-02-13, 05:40 PM
Uh...well, take Swift Hunter if you haven't already. After that, see if you can pick up a custom item that'll boost your effective scout or ranger level, similar to a monk's robe.

Prediction: Someone tells you to rebuild as a DMM Persist Cleric. Ignore that person.

can't have swift hunter until level 9

but this is a short run, i think we'll finish at level 8.

currently with boots of speed give me haste

i'm doing 3 attacks with both hands scimitar+1 and scimitar (masterwork), math( i hope i'm right)

1d20+12/1d20+12
1d20+7/1d20+7
1d20+12/1d20+12

[1d6+2str+1devish+1enchant]x3+[2favored enemy(construct)+1d6skirmish] x3
+[1d6+2str+1devish]x3+[2favored enemy(construct)+1d6skirmish] x3
=[3+2+1+1]x3+[2+3]x3 +[3+2+1]x3+[2+3]x3
=21+15+(18)+15
=69
(that's IF i don't miss, and the problem is, construct will have dr vs my attacks, so instantly dropping my damage per round to ... half ish because one of my weapon isn't magical)

p.s i'm expecting my dm to give out dr10/magic and dr10/admantine(if it's admantine, i'll do 12 damage per round ish?)

charlie15z
2013-02-13, 06:03 PM
Remember, Core is an ambiguous term. Do you mean PHB+DMG+MM, or SRD?

I suppose the typical PHB DMG and MM, but i think anything in SRD is allowed.

Urpriest
2013-02-13, 06:10 PM
I suppose the typical PHB DMG and MM, but i think anything in SRD is allowed.

If anything on the SRD site (www.d20srd.org) is allowed, you can use the UA variants.

charlie15z
2013-02-13, 06:15 PM
If anything on the SRD site (www.d20srd.org) is allowed, you can use the UA variants.

well, i suppose i could ask, can't hurt, but my pc is still well alive. i'll see how far he can go before i rebuild

Edit: guess what? no UA.

Urpriest
2013-02-13, 06:20 PM
well, i suppose i could ask, can't hurt, but my pc is still well alive. i'll see how far he can go before i rebuild

Edit: guess what? no UA.

Specifically no UA, or specifically phb-mm-dmg? Because some Psychic Warrior might help you if available.

charlie15z
2013-02-14, 04:21 AM
Specifically no UA, or specifically phb-mm-dmg? Because some Psychic Warrior might help you if available.

answer i believe to be specifically Core: phb mm and dmg.

edit: if you don't mind i like to see some math on damage.

charlie15z
2013-02-14, 07:04 AM
Try going for a Small character on a Riding Lizard or Riding Dog. If you don't want to buy one, try going for a Wild Cohort. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031118a) That -2 Strength from size will be more than made up for by the time you add in all the multipliers.

Plus if you have a decent Ride skill your mount gets attacks too.

Also, what about druid? They get a riding dog for free, and you'll be able to wild shape later on into high Str forms.

dog riding halfling, 4fighter 1ranger 2 barbarian 16str +2str item. +1 lance(small)

3d6+(6raged str*1.5+1enchant+2weapon specilization+2 favored enemy+2PA+2Twohanded)x3
=9+(9+1+2+2+4)x3
=63